• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Imitating Trump or their scum of the earth Trump supporters parents? Your guess.

Sadly, bullying is up substantially since Trump's election. So even if they're not watching the president- he's still the prime mover.

It definitely comes from parents. For example, after my kids made a huge mess, I exasperatedly said, "ugh... this is the worst." My 8 year old daughter responded by putting her hand on my shoulder and saying, "Dad... we all know Trump is the worst."

Sounds like you've done good.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
One kid at my son's school was dressed up as Trump for Halloween.

8 year old kid. 3rd grader.

The parents laughed as he walked by.

That's how I know this shit is being normalized.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
DyaHfgGX4AA8Prt.jpg

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
IMO, schools everywhere in this country needs to start suspending or expel kids for using hate speech/racism. I remember when I was constantly bullied in school when I was a child, & didn't like it one bit. It lowered my confidence & self-esteem.

Their parents are also to blame, as it all starts at home.

Nov 23, 2017
IMO, schools everywhere in this country needs to start suspending or expel kids for using hate speech/racism. I remember when I was constantly bullied in school when I was a child, & didn't like it one bit. It lowered my confidence & self-esteem.

"Zero tolerance" just meant "well, there is some tolerance if their Becky parent whines enough about any punishment." It was always a policy crafted to benefit status quo supremacy.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It is all so cyclical. The WWII survivors (at least some) must be shaking their heads thinking what the fuck did they fight for.

• Remember that 62.9 million ppl voted for him despite knowing what a cheating, petty, vindictive, piece of bigoted filth he was
  • And Republicans save Mittens, have pledged their undying loyalty to him
  • Foreign interference at this time is likely to be expected if not welcomed
  • Voter suppression tactic will see bolstering
  • Oh, and the right wing cunts are obsessed with guns and I wouldn't be surprised if they comprised the majority of arsenal owners in the united states

The progressives are literally outgunned.

I consider the poisoning of the next gen's mind to be the reaping of what their parents had sowed by choosing DJT- ya, know that saying about sins of the father.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing new, I suppose, although it's as disheartening as always to hear.

Kids are cruel and soak up all the shit that spews from their parents. Assholes beget assholes.
Nothing new? Like hell... when was the last article you saw that highlighted how the President of United States of America was promoting a culture of bullying and racism? The Trump effect is completely unprecedented. Even at their worst, Reagan, Bush, W, etc never peddled such horrible bullshit out in the open that kids in school imitated them. Leaders used to be role models, the President especially. It's fucking disgusting and it's killing me that people are getting so desensitized to all this.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
One kid at my son's school was dressed up as Trump for Halloween.

8 year old kid. 3rd grader.

The parents laughed as he walked by.

That's how I know this shit is being normalized.

I'm a teacher. At my school our AP of Discipline had to meet with a kid's parents this year because the kid kept saying his dad didn't want him playing with "blacks". This kid is 6 and living in the most diverse city in the country and at a school that has a pretty big black community.

I wouldn't be surprised if they possessed they comprised the majority of arsenal owners in the united states

www.statista.com

Gun ownership, by party affiliation U.S. 2022 | Statista

In the United States in 2022, 48 percent of Republicans reported that they owned at least one gun, and 66 percent said that they lived in a household with a gun.

It's terrifying how outgunned we literally are, especially since (at least anecdotally) independents seem to lean a lot more to the right than to the left.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I'm a teacher. At my school our AP of Discipline had to meet with a kid's parents this year because the kid kept saying his dad didn't want him playing with "blacks". This kid is 6 and living in the most diverse city in the country and at a school that has a pretty big black community.

www.statista.com

Gun ownership, by party affiliation U.S. 2022 | Statista

In the United States in 2022, 48 percent of Republicans reported that they owned at least one gun, and 66 percent said that they lived in a household with a gun.

It's terrifying how outgunned we literally are, especially since (at least anecdotally) independents seem to lean a lot more to the right than to the left.

That data is behind a paywall. Text from the link asserts that 41 of self identified Republicans own at least one gun.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
as somebody 'of age' in the clinton impeachment/lewinsky scandal it's amusing how decency vis a vis THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY is nbd now

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Trump is partly to blame. The parents have to be held accountable as well. Back in the 70s I was called spik and wet back. I hated it and it still haunts me to this day.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We now live in a world where a responsible parent should NOT say, "You should act more like the President of the United States."

I can't believe that's the world we live in now.

Maybe it's better to teach children to be good using their family as an example, not a powerful figure that's probably caused deaths and abuse around the world (let's not pretend Trump is the only terrible US president. Southamerica, the middleeast, many places have suffered under the influence of the US and the foreign policies of your POTUS).

Oct 25, 2017
Round those fuckin shits up and throw them in a big cage, then leaven 'em in there for a month.

You do realize that children at this age are just imitating what they see, right? And that most times children don't start forming a moral code of sorts until about age 9 or 10? But yeah I mean their parents or surroundings are such that this is what they see and this is what influences them so yeah let's do this.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

In theory, sure, but in practice that kind of policy will get used as a cudgel against already oppressed students. Blackish did a whole episode on this.