• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Our dorm room building had the wrestling team on it.
Once they got drunk and kicked the door knobs off of almost every dorm on the floor.
I say almost because they skipped my dorm since in their words "yo that lil dude is chill as fuck"

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Flexible PVC piping is getting really popular. I've seen it in a lot of new houses the last few years. I don't know if it would be in a big building like a dorm or not, but I know a few plumbers who prefer it to regular water pipe because it's a lot easier to work with. I don't trust it. I wouldn't have it in a house.

dDpn9rW.jpg
PEX won't get damaged from somebody punching it. Probably just shitty old copper pipes. As someone already said that place was a health hazard full of black mold.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
lol some of my co-workers aged 20-35 did this on a damn cruise ship, and security were looking for them around the ship and found them in the karaoke bar drunk as skunks. it was pathetic, im glad i didnt take part in such idiotic vandalism.. i did lie to one security guy though, didnt wanna snitch on anyone because i really wasnt sure who caused the most damage, so i just said i didnt see shit.. maybe not the right thing to do but ehh, i figured they could see who did it from the security cameras (which they did).

they later had to pay thousands of euros in damages haha, maybe they learned their lesson.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I wish I had dormed in college :(

No you don't. All this sounds fun until you have to deal with shit heads banging on your door at 2am and loitering in the halls until 3 when you have class the next day.

It's also real fun having to evacuate at 6 in the morning because some dumbass burned his toast in the communal kitchen.

I did dorm living for 2 years and dear god was I ready to be done after that.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
No you don't. All this sounds fun until you have to deal with shit heads banging on your door at 2am and loitering in the halls until 3 when you have class the next day.

It's also real fun having to evacuate at 6 in the morning because some dumbass burned his toast in the communal kitchen.

My roommate pissed in his own closet while sleepwalking. Twice. Almost 3 times.

Ushiromiya

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018

My off-campus roommates were the most disgusting slobs ever. During the spring and summer I was going through multiple cans of raid each week because the bugs were so bad. They would go weeks without doing the dishes and had the other common areas trashed 24/7. They also had after-parties from bar close to 10 AM three to four times a week where their DJ friend would blast music so loud I could hear it even if I tried to sleep in my car parked on the other side of the street. Plus the constant fights that broke out between the 20+ strangers they had over every other night and the copious amounts of cocaine and heroin use in the bathroom. Not to mention one of them was an unstable alt-right trump supported who owned multiple guns.

I would have gladly taken the dorms.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018

The fucking fire alarms going 3 times per hour actually ruined my hearing. I'm just glad I moved out fast.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Yay my school! For some reason it's a common practice for the freshman to punch the shit out of the drop down ceiling tiles in all of the older dorm buildings. It's crazy because my entire dorm was already relocated to off campus apartments (paid for by the university) in October due to mold, and now this shit happens which they have to fix. University gonna be out quite a bit of money.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I always was one of the last ones to move out so I had to clean up everybody else's messes. Moving off-campus as a grad student was a little more expensive but it was a great decision for my peace of mind compared to ever dealing with the shitty undergrads doing reslife crap

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
My off-campus roommates were the most disgusting slobs ever. During the spring and summer I was going through multiple cans of raid each week because the bugs were so bad. They would go weeks without doing the dishes and had the other common areas trashed 24/7. They also had after-parties from bar close to 10 AM three to four times a week where their DJ friend would blast music so loud I could hear it even if I tried to sleep in my car parked on the other side of the street. Plus the constant fights that broke out between the 20+ strangers they had over every other night and the copious amounts of cocaine and heroin use in the bathroom. Not to mention one of them was an unstable alt-right trump supported who owned multiple guns.

I would have gladly taken the dorms.

Sounds like you needed better roommates not dorm living. All dorm living does is concentrate those kind of assholes into a much smaller space. We would have dicks blasting music until the early hours too and one dorm in particular that was known as the party dorm on campus had bedbugs every single year without fail.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it sucks it happened, but really arrested them for it? Punching a ceiling tile is (usually) pretty harmless, it seems wrong to literally ruin some peoples lives over this since it was such a fluke accident. I mean no one punches a ceiling tile out and expects it to actually cause a burst pipe or something, they just expect it to pop up and that's it.

IMO they should just put them in detention or whatever they do a university for light offenses, don't ruin their lives over something so stupid.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017

Meh. Living in dorms can definitely be shitty, and you should probably get out after a year or two, but if you embrace the new found freedom and break out of your shell, living in the dorms can be a blast. For me, the good out weighs the bad, except when you factor in the fucking COST. My god do they rip people off for room and board. It was bad in 2003 when I was in college, I don't think I want to know what they're charging these days.

My advice to every college freshman is to only live in the dorms for 1 year, or even just 6 months if you can pull it off. That way you only get ripped off for 6-12 months and you also get out before you begin to really hate living there.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
I remember someone kicking a soccer ball down the hall of our dorm; and it ended up stricking a fire extinguisher that went off. That was a fucking mess. But yeah this easily tops it.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hah. My girlfriend used to work the front desk there.

Always would get complaints of drunk douches knocking ceiling tiles out and they would run down the halls and knock on doors at like 3 am.

I don't know if it was these idiots in particular, but fuck em. Glad they caught them.