• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Since some people were curious on whether or not most children would be interested.

If Zipzo's kid like the one in blue I could understand his pessimism.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Everyone is excited...

...Alex is just a buzzkill.

"I don't see how it can be a car...there's no wheels."

"It's like origami without paper"

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The one kid is the internet.

"it looks like a piece of junk; I'm going to play real games"

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, it's Kids React® to Labo, not kids react to Labo. Oh well.

I guess I'll share my son's video again, since it sort of fits the thread:

OP
OP
mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
A couple of those kids were trying too hard to be grown up. I've not really known any kids to be concerned with the price of stuff if they aren't paying for it lol.
Kids from poorer families will express consciousness of value. Kids who are taught the value of what they trade with other kids figure it out especially after being burned with a bad trade.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Man I literally got about 4 seconds into the video and had to pause it. I cannot stand these reacts videos, I don't know what it is. Insta-rage for me.

OP
OP
mutantmagnet

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Oh, it's Kids React® to Labo, not kids react to Labo. Oh well.

I guess I'll share my son's video again, since it sort of fits the thread:

that's cute. I hope he got to play with it after you built it.

I was watching a review done by a family and I was left with the impression the father bought it for himself. He did everything :)

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is he happy with it? :)
Yeah, he loves it. We've just done the RC cars and the fishing so far. He and his cousins all had a ball, especially with the fishing.

Plus, it makes for great disciplinary leverage. ;)
that's cute. I hope he got to play with it after you built it.

I was watching a review done by a family and I was left with the impression the father bought it for himself. He did everything :)
Funny you should ask that, haha. Right after this video, he didn't say thank you, so I made him wait till the next day to open it. I just played chess with him instead.

But once we got building it, I did most of the work (he's 5), but he always wanted to help, and his cousins helped, too. And after they were built, he and his cousins were mostly the ones to play with it. There's also a video of him fishing, but even though I love it, I'm pretty sure it's kinda boring to anyone who's not his dad, so.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, these kids are pretty well-spoken and opinionated. I can't say the same for kids when I was their age.

It does look like a lot of fun. I probably won't buy it for myself, but my nephew is SO getting the variety pack for his birthday. He went berserk for the first trailer.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people would be bored of that in about an hour(not including the hours it apparently takes to build)

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Interesting that the girls were more receptive.

Those two boys at the end had me rolling. Lol

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate that the kid with a black jacket was somehow the most receptive guy there

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Ew, don't give the Fine Bros. clicks, not after the shit they tried to pull with the whole React World nonsense.

Namyu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol @ calling this little kid edgy cause he doesn't think it's worth $70. He even liked two of the three games they played

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Those two boys at the end had me rolling. Lol

I can find them in a trash can.
I have Amazon boxes at home.
I can find them at the end of the street corner right now.
The Switch already costs a lot, and you want $70 for cardboards? Chill Nintendo.

I can't tell if they are fake quotes that were given to them ahead of time or these kids know how to throw punches and shades already.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
A couple of those kids were trying too hard to be grown up. I've not really known any kids to be concerned with the price of stuff if they aren't paying for it lol.
I was always price conscious from a young age. I wouldn't say I grew up poor, but my family didn't have a lot of money either. There was also other kids to feed besides me.
I always looked at price before I asked for a toy/game and shied away from asking for things that were too expensive. Mind you, my parents never told me they wouldn't get me something cause they couldn't afford it, I just felt bad asking for things that were priced too high

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. It's basically a 60 dollar game with 10 of accessories.

I love what I've played so far. Games definitely too simple and feature light to hold my interest, but building was so much fun and I've only built one thing.
If that's the case, then it seems to be well worth the price if you plan on getting it for your kid.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't let them make anything, just play with the finished products? Kind of missing the whole point of Labo if you only do the play portion

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a kid I was always wary of the prices of the things I asked for.

My parents once woke me up in the middle of the night to surprise me with a present. It was a Sega Mega Drive, but a knock off and not the original. The gesture alone had me in tears, even though I immediately recognized it was fake.

In the end it's all about the circumstances.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
I can't imagine wanting to play with any of the Labo creations for more than a few minutes after making them, even as a kid. Which a couple of them say. But hey, it's a cool time while it lasts.

Necronomicon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
How difficult is for kids to build the cardboards? 8/10 years old could do it by themselves? I was thinking about gifting the LABO to my cousin's sons, but I don't want to help them build. building things was the best part as a kid, so if it is too difficult maybe I won't gitf them the LABO