• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok wow fuck EVERYONE involved in this. Y'all tease a collaboration with arc but they're just PUBLISHING? And get the people that did the LWA game to actually develop the game? AND its a fucking arena fighter too? This is a hell of a monkey's paw.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
f9d26cfaab89c301a0d2cfdcb5599105.gif

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
I remember that the old place voted this the 2nd best anime of the year it was released so I decided to watch it. It wasnt that good.

Oyashiro-Sama

Oct 27, 2017
It's like someone wished for a monkey's paw with a monkey's paw. And then wished for this game with the second monkey's paw...

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Read that as "developed by Atlus and published by Arc System Works" and thought "isn't that the wrong way around" then I read closer and now I think "I haven't heard of these guys. That's probably bad."

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks it's not by Arc. Really sucks it's fromt he devs behind the (apparantly) awful Little Witch Academia game. Feels very misleading to have the count down be TriggerXArc when they are only publishing.

Like others have said, this is one hell of a monkey's paw.

It's like someone wished for a monkey's paw with a monkey's paw. And then wished for this game with the second monkey's paw...

Basically. This is like, maximum monkey's paw. Even if you expected nothing this is still a let down because it is something with potential and the players in pace to deliver on that potential but it's all jumbled up in the worst way possible.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm genuinely trying to figure out why it's Aplus developing it. Like, was Trigger that impressed with how they tried to adapt ASW's modeling and animation techniques on a much lower budget so they went to Arc to get them to do it again but better? I'm baffled, but if Trigger is involved in the writing and brings in the same level of fanservice that the LWA game had into this then it could be worth playing as a fan.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
No sprites.
Potentially ugly 3D models.
Not a fighting game.
Same boring action every anime game gets.
Not even made by Arc Systems even though it was being teased as such.

I'm out.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I saw ArcSYS and Kill La Kill and got excited, but then I saw arena fighter and "published by" and my hype got completely deflated.

It could still turn out good, but..... ya, I think I'll keep my expectations low for this one.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely trying to figure out why it's Aplus developing it. Like, was Trigger that impressed with how they tried to adapt ASW's modeling and animation techniques on a much lower budget so they went to Arc to get them to do it again but better? I'm baffled, but if Trigger is involved in the writing and brings in the same level of fanservice that the LWA game had into this then it could be worth playing as a fan.
because it's cheap and easy to produce

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
The game is developed by APlus. I think their track record isn't that spectacular..
I'll wait and see how this turns out.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Why would people who hate Kill la Kill come into a thread about a Kill la Kill game just to tell everyone how much they hate Kill la Kill.

Doesn't look awful from those few screens but hyping up a collaboration between Arc Sys and Trigger for Arc Sys to end up just being the publisher is disappointing

It sounded too good to be true and turned out it was indeed too good to be true

Abyss

Oct 27, 2017
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting this forever and it's finally happening!!!

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
They absolutely knew what they were doing with the countdown bullshit. They know, off the back of Dragon Ball FighterZ that ArcSys X any anime would build maximum hype. Throw in the anime heavily hinted at being KLK, a series that would work really well as a fighting game, and yeah... They knew how to get the most amount of the target audience watching this announcement by twisting the truth and getting people interested in a fantasy they had no intention of fulfilling.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Aplus seems like a developer on the rise. Good for them. They'll probably eventually cultivate the talent and have access to the resources to make truly memorable games.

As for this, I have the particular opinion that I'm glad this isn't taking directly more of ASW's development efforts. Hopefully it ends up being a good game, though.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Why would people who hate Kill la Kill come into a thread about a Kill la Kill game just to tell everyone how much they hate Kill la Kill.

Doesn't look awful from those few screens but hyping up a collaboration between Arc Sys and Trigger for Arc Sys to end up just being the publisher is disappointing

It sounded too good to be true and turned out it was indeed too good to be true
Wasn't there a countdown site teasing Trigger and ArcSys collab?
People who has been hyped for that may be disappointed if they're not a fan of Kill la Kill.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'll be honest, I've always wanted this game to be done by Platinum. That said, holy shit I'm looking forward to this

EDIT: Oh my god, those screenshots. Okay, I'm in.

But... but... PlatinumGames...
For real, give PlatinumGames licences of all Trigger animes.
Hell, give them too some Gainax's. Evangelion and Gurren Lagann deserve some action shit godtier game. Even Nadia Secret of the Blue Water !!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see CyberConnect2 mentioned in these wishlists, but they would work too. Though they're kinda busy right now.