• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Calm down spaz it's not that serious.
LOL Spaz? im perfectly calm, but the silly name calling, seems like you the one taking it too seriously. We play games to have fun right?
Begone! with your foolishness!
dragonballsuperfriezak4j6p.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This...THIS IS WHAT I WANTED! I'm so happy the announcement actually delivered. 2D would have been preferred, but even still.

Edit: The more I look into this, the more disappointed I get. I wanted a Kill la Kill game, but not like that. I'll keep an eye on it, just let's just say I'm very skeptical about the whole thing turning out well. :/

Last edited:

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Why do people hate arena fighters/brawlers so much? I find them a lot more fun and accessible than 2D fighters anyway. :/

I'm excited! No one can keep me down. Now, when's Hououmaru? :D

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also all the hot takes in here about KLK being a "shitty" anime, while holding up Dragonball Z as a "good" anime, lol. I like it now (took me ages to actually enjoy it), but come on. Plus the complete lack of any relevant female characters except 18 is blech. And 18 doesn't even stay relevant for that long.

Unless I missed it, no one brought up the DBZ anime in here

Jun 4, 2018
It's not what we thought it was going to be, but I'm still pretty excited. At worst, it's a video game that provides the likeness of Ryuko and Satsuki, in playable form. At best, who knows? I'm in.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit thought about this:

The full title is KILL la KILL the GAME: IF (キルラキル ザ・ゲーム -異布-).

異布, pronounced "if" ("ifu"), means "strange clothes." Probably meant to be something like "Irregular Fashion."

The title gives the impression that it'll probably be an alternate telling of the story.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Wow... what a fucking roller coaster of disappointment...

"Battle Action"
APLUS developing
Arc is just publishing

Couldn't even add a character or 2 to BBTag

They've lost their way

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I would be okay with this, especially if it tries to focus more on the first half of the series instead of the 2nd half, which felt like they had no idea the series was going to be 24 episodes & tries to figure out a way to keep it going but is where most of the flaws start to show....and where most of the "icky" stuff is placed.

.....also now all I can think of is how the game version of Satsuki walking up the wall CGI scene is gonna look better than the anime version......hopefully.

Yeezus

Nov 27, 2017
A countdown to a countdown for an announcement of more details to come early July. Thought we'd get a little bit more today to be honest, was a little unimpressed this morning when I found out.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
A Kill La Kill game!

Made by the same devs as the Little Witch Academia game....

Well, there goes my excitement. The LWA game did a great job with all of the surface level stuff, but the gameplay was trash.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
2D fighters offer more gameplay longevity 9 times out of 10.
In what way?

In general I usually don't play a 2D fighter longer than 10 hours tops, exception being that Bleach series on DS which, you know, had auto combos. It's just far too difficult to memorize 2D inputs, so I always invariably lose. 3D fighers are a bit easier, as they generally don't have as many quartercircles and split second button transitions as 2D fighters do (though God almighty do some of the more technical characters have them).
Meanwhile, I've logged a good 200+ hours in the Storm series alone and around 70 in DBX2.

If you mean community wise, yeah, 2D fighters have much more visible communities that actively participate in tournies longer but... that's not really relevant to me and whether I decide to buy a game or not.

A countdown to a countdown for an announcement of more details to come early July. Thought we'd get a little bit more today to be honest, was a little unimpressed this morning when I found out.
This I can agree with. 4 screenshots and a compilation of scenes from the anime itself isn't really impressive.

Interesting. An alternate retelling of the anime would be cool. I would assume this means a few side characters might get cut, though, and replace them with extra Elite 4 fights or something like that. Then again, it isn't unheard of to have only partially completed characters as boss fights in these sorts of games.

Man, I really hope this gets dubbed. Love the Japanese voice cast but the English is really good too.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like i'm in the minority on this, but i thought the first half was paint-by-numbers and kinda boring while the second half was way more experimental and fun.

It was all great to me (except that one scene...), but yes, ever since Nui showed up, things got quite exciting.

God, it was so satisfying when she finally got beaten.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Arcsys: day one.
No Arcsys: day one.
Day one either way. Been wanting for this for so long.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
In what way?

In general I usually don't play a 2D fighter longer than 10 hours tops, exception being that Bleach series on DS which, you know, had auto combos. It's just far too difficult to memorize 2D inputs, so I always invariably lose. 3D fighers are a bit easier, as they generally don't have as many quartercircles and split second button transitions as 2D fighters do (though God almighty do some of the more technical characters have them).
Meanwhile, I've logged a good 200+ hours in the Storm series alone and around 70 in DBX2.

If you mean community wise, yeah, 2D fighters have much more visible communities that actively participate in tournies longer but... that's not really relevant to me and whether I decide to buy a game or not.

In a general gameplay sense, 3D Arena Fighters don't usually have a lot of depth. They're flashy and fun sure, but they get stale very quickly because normally its gameplay mechanics aren't rich enough to carry the game on its own when you subtract the license from it.

You mention the Storm series but the first few games were really bad with this, they held you over until you finished the Story Modes but there was very little reason to come back to them once you completed it, which, for a fighting game, is sad.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People sure do like tell you what they think about the anime Kill La Kill even when nobody asked them.

b1uY7mA.gif

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Cannot wait, looking forward to the footage from EVO. Love this series am sure I will love the game.