• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
bFgzZNi.gif

JfnhjMQ.png

f2rLilf.png

vQZUbHU.png

QjK1Cxe.png

VtbYXHa.png

be3ptTo.png

pD1lv4l.png

n2Gw5mj.png

w0NGu87.png

hUov2NB.png

4qtT7Fr.png

IJ8Ii8g.png

185qjdH.png

Sep 23, 2018
I'm looking forward to this as a fan of the anime, but I'm a little unclear as to the structure of the game? Is it basically a fighting game, has there been talk of a single player campaign?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to this as a fan of the anime, but I'm a little unclear as to the structure of the game? Is it basically a fighting game, has there been talk of a single player campaign?
Yeah, it has a single-player story. It's basically a "what if" scenario, completely original to the game and supervised by TRIGGER themselves.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I enjoyed the demo on Switch but man does this come out at the worst possible time with Three Houses coming out the next day, so I'll probably hold off on getting this at launch.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realize this was hitting Steam. They should probably get the Steam page up soon.

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
We know that Mako and the Naked DTR are free DLC, but has there been word on more post-launch support? 12 characters and 6 stages are not very tempting for full price, lol.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm waiting to see how long the story modes are before pulling the trigger (heh)

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I probably won't have my copy until next week since I ordered the LE from Arc Sys. T.T

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We know that Mako and the Naked DTR are free DLC, but has there been word on more post-launch support? 12 characters and 6 stages are not very tempting for full price, lol.

Yeah as good as that game looks and the alternative story also has me interested...it's not enough. 15 or 16 what have been possible with the cast and there aren't even the final upgrades for everyone involved here. Ugh but I want to support the game because you can feel the heart they put in...

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What does everyone think about the game atm?
Reviewers seemed to like it. I played the demo on PSN and I really enjoyed it though I don't know if that's because I'm a fan of the show.

It isn't exactly the deepest fighting game out there but it's fun and flashy, much like the show itself.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Reviewers seemed to like it. I played the demo on PSN and I really enjoyed it though I don't know if that's because I'm a fan of the show.

It isn't exactly the deepest fighting game out there but it's fun and flashy, much like the show itself.
Honestly that's all I was really hoping to hear. I'll probably grab it lol.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I feel like this is going to be a huge bomba which makes me hesitant to purchase for $65 when it will likely go on sale a couple months down the line. I'm conflicted though because I was a big fan of the anime and I want to play the what if story and support the devs. I tried the demo on Switch and it was super solid and fun and the reviews so far have been good so hopefully I'm wrong and it sells well.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will buy on Switch but can't help and think that it'll bomb so hard it'll be cheap before long.

One thing about the demo I didn't like was the ridiculously long cutscenes. I was basically re-watching the anime, lol!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I should say you shoudl probably link the game in the thread OP.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll get this game eventually but I want to get Switch vouchers for Three Houses so it's gonna have to wait for me.

Glad the game is shaping up though.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the Switch demo and you now what, I had a good time with it. I didn't enjoy this series enough to get this day one but it is on my radar now.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i noticed while playing the switch demo in handheld mode with headphones, the audio isn't in stereo at all.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate arena brawlers with a passion, but for some reason this game clicked with me, at least with the demo, don't know if I'm going to pay full price for it, but definitely gonna wait for a drop

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Download the Switch demo on a whim, expecting it to be like a bad version of Naruto. Was pleasantly surprised by how tight the gameplay way. Attacks feel very satisfying and heavy. The game is gorgeous to as well. Won't day 1, but it's definitely on my radar.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't in love with the demo gameplay-wise (it's basic and about what you'd expect from one of those games) but in terms of presentation the game seems like pretty much exactly what a fan of the show would want. Mostly just excited for the story mode honestly, hope it's got some meat to it. They really just made a playable version of the show.

Oct 26, 2017

Okay so

The publisher sent review copies to the four people who they thought really liked the game and refused to send any other copies out.

The fifth review was a 5/10.

This could end up anywhere from a 78 to a 62.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Okay so

The publisher sent review copies to the four people who they thought really liked the game and refused to send any other copies out.

The fifth review was a 5/10.

This could end up anywhere from a 78 to a 62.
Nah, they're just going out. I actually received a steam code 2 weeks ago... but the steam page isn't up so I couldn't use it. So I requested a PS4 code and am going through the game now.

So far, it's way better than I expected it to be. Besides, the embargo is on the 26th. Those sites broke the embargo.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing the demo and I like the overall impact of the hits and stuff, but damn, I can't stop being behind the enemy so I can't see my character a lot of the time. Is there a way to force the camera to stay behind my character so I can see what's going on? Most of the time I'm way in the back and can't tell how close I am to the person I'm fighting so I keep wiffing moves.

Also, the A.I. is brutal as hell...even at one star. Those bastards do some serious combos so I feel like I can't do much at all. I was considering getting this game, because I really like Kill La Kill, but the way the fighting works kinda sucks. I have another arena brawler type game and it's much easier to figure out what's going on in that game.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The demo was the perfect amount of game to grab my interest, but this is probably something I'll grab at a discount later on. Much better than I expected it to be that's for sure.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
I reviewed the game for my (french, désolé) website, it's a solid 7/10 for me.

Plus:

- Graphics, presentation and artstyle are on point. Just some bad skyboxes but the rest is really good.
- Gameplay is fun but I dont' really like the "Musou" sections because of the camera. 1 vs 1 battles are great though with some good ideas, it's not a typical arena fighter even if it's easy to play.
- Music and voices from the anime. Excellent.
- Story is fun and original.

Cons:

- The difficulty can be really brutal yeah. I'm not the best fighting game player but it's not normal to be killed in less than 10 hits at 1 star.
- Serious lack of different game modes and arenas. Also, the roster is super weak, even if every character feels different, which is cool but it's a full priced game. 10-12 characters is not enough.

The content can be a real deal breaker, even for the biggest fans of KILL la KILL. It's a fun game but I advice to wait for a sale.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I reviewed the game for my (french, désolé) website, it's a solid 7/10 for me.

Plus:

- Graphics, presentation and artstyle are on point. Just some bad skyboxes but the rest is really good.
- Gameplay is fun but I dont' really like the "Musou" sections because of the camera. 1 vs 1 battles are great though with some good ideas, it's not a typical arena fighter even if it's easy to play.
- Music and voices from the anime. Excellent.
- Story is fun and original.

Cons:

- The difficulty can be really brutal yeah. I'm not the best fighting game player but it's not normal to be killed in less than 10 hits at 1 star.
- Serious lack of different game modes and arenas. Also, the roster is super weak, even if every character feels different, which is cool but it's a full priced game. 10-12 characters is not enough.

The content can be a real deal breaker, even for the biggest fans of KILL la KILL. It's a fun game but I advice to wait for a sale.

How long was the story mode?

How robust is the online play?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fight Club President Mako main about to represent! Looking forward to reading Mako and DTR impressions.

Also, I forgot it comes out an entire day early in Japan.