• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
killer7sysreqsyoef0.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
TBD.

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:
killer7gfxsettingsfqizj.jpg

Last edited:

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I had to change res scaling in windows to 100% to get proper 4K. At 150% it ran at 1440p 144hz pretty much locked. At 4k it seems to be more variable from 80-120 fps. Anyone else notice this? GPU usage is low.

Running a 9900k & 2080Ti.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had to disable RTSS to get this to launch. If it's enabled, the game hangs with a black screen and a mouse cursor.

Other than that, it looks like a nice port.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this version include english subtitles anyone knows? The original GC version doesn't.
Looking at the steam page the steam version doesn't... except for some languages other than english.
Can someone confirm this?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
edit: oops double post.

Last edited:
Does this version include english subtitles anyone knows? The original GC version doesn't.
Looking at the steam page the steam version doesn't... except for some languages other than english.
Can someone confirm this?
Sadly, cutscenes don't have English subtitles if they're not dealing with the Remnant Psyches, just like the GCN version. It's probably the only major knock I have on the port, but perhaps modders might take an interest and come up with their own solution?

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, cutscenes don't have English subtitles if they're not dealing with the Remnant Psyches, just like the GCN version. It's probably the only major knock I have on the port, but perhaps modders might take an interest and come up with their own solution?

That's disappointing. Thanks.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
So, uh, how is actual performance? (people with RTX 2080ti are not allowed to answer, sorry!). 4k DSR/60fps is doable with something like gtx970/1060?

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Surface Pro 3, 8gb ram, i5, 4400 Intel chip I think. Played about two hours and it ran great. Only tried to run to at 1080p though.

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
Where is the actual config file for this game stored? The max sensitivity is too low for my tastes and I'd like to see if it's possible to manually boost it beyond what the configurator allows.

EDIT: Found it. It's in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\killer7\killer7.ini. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like you can boost the sensitivity beyond what the game offers. Shame.

Last edited: