• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
VKbXQkx.jpg

Killing Eve is the story of two women, bound by a mutual obsession and one brutal act: Eve, an MI6 operative, and Villanelle, the beautiful, psychopathic assassin that she has been tasked to find. Season 2 begins 30 seconds after the final episode of the first season; Eve is reeling and Villanelle has disappeared. Eve has no idea if the woman she stabbed is alive or dead, and now both of them are in deep trouble. Eve has to find Villanelle before someone else does, but unfortunately, she's not the only person looking for her.

Killing Eve airs on:
US: BBC America + AMC, April 7 8pm
UK: BBC, TBA
Nordics: HBO Nordic, April 8
Australia: iView, April 6. ABC, April 19 8.30pm
Spain: HBO España, April 8
France: MyCanal, April 8

9vTvF8s.jpg

ed5GSnw.jpg
7kJ67p7.jpg
mdgfZSo.jpg

Sandra Oh | Jodie Comer | Fiona Shaw

VxfjiFB.jpg
SBEu71P.jpg
UmnoBco.jpg

Edward Bluemel | Nina Sosanya | Sean Delaney

Y2a3TXq.jpg

Vulture: Killing Eve Season Two Maintains Its Sick, Distinctly Female Sense of Humor
Vanity Fair: Even Under New Management, Killing Eve Slays
New York Times: 'Killing Eve' Returns in Fighting Form
Vox: Killing Eve season 2 hits the reset button just a little too hard
The Atlantic: Killing Eve Season 2 Is as Macabre and Audacious as Ever
IndieWire: Season 2 Struts to the Same, Quirky Beat With an Inviting Twist
The Hollywood Reporter: "yes, Killing Eve has still got it"
EW: We need to talk about Killing Eve's second season
The Guardian: Riveting psychosexual thriller returns [4/5]

nQeGGsg.jpg

New York Times: The Wild Inspirations for 'Killing Eve'
EW: Season 2 secrets from the set of Killing Eve
The Guardian: Fiona Shaw: 'I'm delighted to be in with the young crowd!'
Buzzfeed News: How "Killing Eve" Became The Perfect Show For These Wild Times
LA Times: Jodie Comer on her bewitching killer Villanelle — and Bruce Springsteen

mvzJJH8.jpg

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I'm as excited to get more of the show as I am curious to see where they could even take the plot. I hope we get to see more of Villanelle's Hitman-style assassinations. Those were so fun.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Best show of last year returns(or did I say it was Patrick Melrose? I dunno, its a tie). Hope it's just as strong without PWB.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Loved S1. I have Hulu and am hoping they post it on there.
I think it's the same deal as last year so it's probably gonna be quite a while before the episodes end up on Hulu (they got added in December last year). The big change is airing on AMC in addition to BBC America.
Best show of last year returns(or did I say it was Patrick Melrose? I dunno, its a tie). Hope it's just as strong without PWB.
First episode was really good, and maintained what made the show tick. So here's hoping the rest of the season is as good.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was tonight for some reason 😩 Oh well. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow. Glad to hear from reviews and watchers here that the new showrunner has kept the quality/tone consistent.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
🚨 Keep in mind that the first episode is already out on several digital platforms (including at least 2 HBO ones)... it's also really good

🚨🚨 The NYT article about the inspirations for the show is really good.

<3<3

Wait.....HBO where specifically?

And also on AMC? We paid for season one on Amazon.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I watched this for the first time last month and I loved it, so hyped for S2.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Will be interesting to see how the ratings shake up this season with it being simulcast on BBC America and AMC. If they can continue the trend of ratings going up for each episode.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Just tell me how to watch this in UK 🤤
Killing Eve fans in UK may have to wait months to watch season two
However, the new series will premiere in the US on BBC America and a date still has not been set for the programme to return to UK screens, an increasingly unusual situation for viewers who are used to streaming services such as Netflix releasing series simultaneously in almost every country in the world.

This is because Killing Eve was made as a special commission for BBC America, the corporation's for-profit US cable channel, which has the exclusive rights to show its first run – with those in the UK unable to watch it until after the US channel shows the final episode on 26 May.
A BBC spokesperson said the decision to delay broadcasting Killing Eve was necessary to enable the release of all eight episodes at the same time on iPlayer.

"BBC America are playing it out in weekly episodes," they said. "This means we have to wait until BBC America have premiered all of the weekly episodes – which as commissioning broadcaster they are entitled to do – before we can begin our transmission, otherwise we would be premiering episodes before them.

Hey it's not like the first episode went up early internationally anywhere else. 🤐

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I kinda figured that expressing survivor's guilt while sitting next to Villanelle would be a bad idea...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Not her typical idea of fashion, but the kid's pajamas was a cool look for Villanelle.

Jodie Comer has such an expressive face and she is indeed funny as Villanelle. Tough break for the kid though, in more ways than one.

I will miss her interactions with Constantine in her flat.

Lol @ Eve eating combo meals in the morgue.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jfc I did not see her killing the kid. Or more accurately, I felt like it was definitely something she'd do before she left, just not literally right then and there, spooked the hell out of me lol

That more than anything made it abundantly clear that I have nothing to worry about in regards to the show's tone being kept this season.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, I don't see why she killed the kid. Seems like all that did was make it harder for her to leave (she could have wheeled out just as easily without the hospital in lockdown), and then she put the cops, etc on her tail for no reason.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I don't see why she killed the kid. Seems like all that did was make it harder for her to leave (she could have wheeled out just as easily without the hospital in lockdown), and then she put the cops, etc on her tail for no reason.

She felt bad for him, thought that was pretty clear.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She felt bad for him, thought that was pretty clear.

Her initial reaction that he was being dramatic was the right one. Kid was being overdramatic and would have been alright hopefully anyway in the long-term. Yeah she's a psychopath I guess but she hasn't been stupid really in the entire series. That was actually stupid, like it blew her cover for no reason, made it harder for her to get out of the hospital, and she killed a kid who was understandably in a sad spot, but had been helping her and for the most part in the episode been in surprisingly good spirits.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Aw Villanelle's kinda bonding with this poor kid in a Villanelle way. Cute!"

*2 minutes later*

"...I should have foreseen this." :(

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Her initial reaction that he was being dramatic was the right one. Kid was being overdramatic and would have been alright hopefully anyway in the long-term. Yeah she's a psychopath I guess but she hasn't been stupid really in the entire series. That was actually stupid, like it blew her cover for no reason, made it harder for her to get out of the hospital, and she killed a kid who was understandably in a sad spot, but had been helping her and for the most part in the episode been in surprisingly good spirits.

Again, she felt bad for him. It doesn't matter if it made things harder for her to escape (hardly), that's why she did it. I don't see Villanelle of all people caring about how he'd turn out in the long-term. It's already a minor miracle in and of itself that she gave a shit about him at all. (It ending in murder aside...) She just came to a sudden realization that yea, guess you wouldn't want to look like that for the rest of your life, and acted accordingly to her character.

Also, while I wouldn't call her stupid either, the idea that this is the first real reckless thing she's done is not remotely true.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
"Aw Villanelle's kinda bonding with this poor kid in a Villanelle way. Cute!"

*2 minutes later*

"...I should have foreseen this." :(
That was my thought exactly lol.

Fantastic premiere, I was a bit worried about Phoebe Waller-Bridge not returning but this episode has dispelled those fears.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I felt bad for Villanelle though tbh. She really suffered in this episode, so I'm sure that caused her to behave more reckless and make bad choices. I mean... no one should ever have to wear crocs, no matter the circumstances.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Again, she felt bad for him. It doesn't matter if it made things harder for her to escape (hardly), that's why she did it. I don't see Villanelle of all people caring about how he'd turn out in the long-term. It's already a minor miracle in and of itself that she gave a shit about him at all. (It ending in murder aside...) She just came to a sudden realization that yea, guess you wouldn't want to look like that for the rest of your life, and acted accordingly to her character.

Also, while I wouldn't call her stupid either, the idea that this is the first real reckless thing she's done is not remotely true.

Yeah, the kid thought he'd be better off dead, she agreed. It was a mercy kill from someone with a very twisted sense of morality.

The show is as fantastic as ever.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I felt bad for Villanelle though tbh. She really suffered in this episode, so I'm sure that caused her to behave more reckless and make bad choices. I mean... no one should ever have to wear crocs, no matter the circumstances.

I had a good laugh over that, at first I thought maybe she thought it was too dirty or too small for her, then I realized oh yea, they're crocs lolol

Yeah, the kid thought he'd be better off dead, she agreed. It was a mercy kill from someone with a very twisted sense of morality.

The show is as fantastic as ever.

Yup

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the premiere. New person in charge did a good job of hitting the right tone. Some of Villanelle's interactions with the kids were hilarious. Excited to see where this season goes.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Killing Eve' Renewed For Season 3 By BBC America; New Showrunner Named

On the heels of its Season 2 premiere, BBC America has ordered a third season of critically acclaimed series Killing Eve. In addition, in keeping with its tradition, the show will pass the baton to a new female writing voice – British writer Suzanne Heathcote (Fear the Walking Dead) is coming aboard as lead writer and showrunner/executive producer for season three, taking over for Emerald Fennell, who had been handed the reins by season one lead writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
"We love having this show and the brilliant Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer and Fiona Shaw on our networks," said Sarah Barnett, President, Entertainment Networks for AMC Networks. "Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Emerald Fennell have delivered two addictively entertaining seasons. As we did last year, we're renewing Killing Eve right out of the gate, now with Suzanne Heathcote as lead writer, as a sign of confidence – we adore this show as much as our fans do. Killing Eve doesn't do anything in a templated way; we love giving opportunity to three genius women to make their mark."

"It's been such an exciting year for me on Killing Eve. I think it's cool that this tradition has been built into this untraditional show. Inheriting some of Phoebe's characters was a treat – I can't wait to see what Suzanne does next," said Fennell.

"I'm very excited that the Killing Eve baton is being passed onto another incredible writer for season 3. We can sleep soundly knowing these characters are safe in Suzanne Heathcote's hilariously murderous hands," said Waller-Bridge.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm not worried about the change as such. PBW is busy as hell, Emerald Fennell is writing/directing a movie which stars Alison Brie, Adam Brody, Connie Britton, Carey Mulligan, Laverne Cox, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Bo Burnham, and more. So it does not seem to be drama related.