• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
How's the season been? I haven't seen as much response in here as the first season
It's relentlessly fantastic. S2 has kept up the pace without skipping a beat.

I'm not sure where they're going with Eve and Villanelle, and I'm kinda OK with that. I have faith that they know where they're going, so I'm willing to follow them down this wild path.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
rewatching season 1 episode 2, she only listens to the radio and at one point it seems she only went out with Sebastion to try out the laugh she heard on the radio just before he knocked on her door

Just watched episode 5 on ABC iview down here in Australia... is it just me, or was that all really quite stupid? Like, no spoilers ahead of it airing everywhere else, but whatever thin air of verisimilitude the show seemed to have had just got flushed for me.
there's no part of this show that tried to be real with all the symbolic mirrors of Eve and Villanelle

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
There still needs to be some consistency to its internal logic, though, as fanciful as it may be. What happens in the fifth episode, to my mind, makes the events of the show up until now almost totally irrelevant.

Yeah, I agree.
Episode 5 made no sense.

Why don't they just arrest Vilanelle after she helped with the Ghost?

If they have access to Konstantin to hire her for murder, why don't they just hire her to help?

But seriously, guys, just arrest her.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree.
Episode 5 made no sense.

If they have access to Konstantin to hire her for murder, why don't they just hire her to help?

I guess they just don't care because she is freelance at this point? Their supposed to go after The Twelve and their network so I guess that is all that matters and access to Villanelle and her talents and her connections is important to them so they don't just arrest her. So at this point I guess they are pretty must just hiring her to help except they don't need her to actually kill anyone at this point. IDK. It does seem a little odd.

Also, only 3 episodes left? I was under the impression this was a 10 episode order. I'm a little sad to know its just 8.

EDIT: Quick search shows the last season was also 8 episodes. My bad. I thought it was 10.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the plotting was fairly slipshod in that one, but damn if that first scene between Eve and Villanelle wasn't electric as fuck.

Also, the moment where Eve takes the "poison" pills and Villanelle pretends to freak out was hilarious.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yeah, I agree.
Episode 5 made no sense.

b/c nothing involving Carolyn is legal and doing proper orders.

also not even remotely shocking that Eve is failing the psychological test. Villanelle has been showing emotions the entire show and Eve hasn't. That whole power point scene was explaining Eve.

It saddens me that Villanelle got her heart broken but i believe she'll try harder to get Eve to focus on her if that preview is anything to go on. Nico after finally getting some sex b/c of V's flowers seems to going to go hard to make Eve love him and V is going to fight just killing him or win her back her normal way

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
after watching the first 2 minutes of episode 6
they are more explicitly making Eve a sub tho it's weird to have super nice husband Nico using Villanelle's info to be a DOM which might save his marriage

Comer has the most reluctant smiles the entire time she was around Nico

also Nico took credit for the flowers

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This episode was fantastic, was tense af having them meet again. And now they're basically working together? Can't say I expected that, but I'm down.

Also glad the show is going further in calling out how messed up Eve is. I mean the signs were always there, but yea...

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thought last night's episode was pretty good. Nothing more needs to be said about the kitchen seen -- just fantastic through and through.

We seem to be heading in a weird direction, that's for sure. Also, damn, Eve has been such a dick this season... and it's probably not unintentional.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Glad Eve took off the bullet proof vest, seemed like Villanelle would have easily spotted it. Especially with her eye for fashion and Eve in general.

Did not expect Konstantin and Caroline to still be buddy-buddy watching their employees in the car together.

Was expecting more from the ghost/Eve interrogation scene. The Eve/Villanelle reunion was delightful though.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched episode 5 on ABC iview down here in Australia... is it just me, or was that all really quite stupid? Like, no spoilers ahead of it airing everywhere else, but whatever thin air of verisimilitude the show seemed to have had just got flushed for me.
I think this season has really thrown the law enforcement plotting out the window. The operation in this episode made extremely little sense. Getting Villanelle to interrogate Ghost? To what end? Why would smart people trust information given under duress, if not expected torture? Actually, it's even worse, they are trusting secondhand information obtained under duress since it seems like no one even watched what Villanelle did and are taking her word for what was said. Even assuming the info is honest, and it probably is, all it really amounts to is the name of the suspect (who should have been being scrutinized after his very first encounter with Eve, not to mention his increasingly sketchy followup scenes) and no hard evidence of anything.

It was interesting to see Villanelle and Eve interact at the house, but there was nothing interesting about them 'cooperating' on the interrogation. Hell, they barely interacted. Why even tie those two things together? Just make Villanelle hunt Eve down to spend some time with her.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
During this ep, it is expressly pointed out that everything Eve is doing is outside of an official purview--Carolyn's keeping it all off the records. Which means no red tape, and no accountability.

Oct 25, 2017
Still doesn't make any sense.

This is a known criminal that many of them have been hunting on-and-off across the entire span of the series. So just because they're now more interested in another assassin, they don't care about Villanelle anymore? And finding her is as easy as picking up the phone? All so she can interrogate a suspect they have in custody on the out-of-the-ass hunch she might be able to extract information they can't? So basically so long as they keep things off the books, all of a sudden they're all business partners, and easily found in each other's rolodex. It's incredibly lazy writing. Not to mention the uncharacteristically poor execution of the "interrogation". Normally they're inventive enough to show us the elaborate performances Villanelle puts on for herself, her victims, and her audience in the intelligence community, and here we get a cutaway, and an apparently unharmed (and until now totally impenetrable) Ghost tossing out some weak "I've just seen some shit" nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
are people just ignoring how illegal the things Carolyn lets happens? so it should be no surprised that she's letting this whole Villanelle thing happen and off record on purpose. She is playing a super long game that started from episode 1 or the latest from faking K's death. I'm sure she's also behind K's mix messages on getting Eve's attention or distracting her from thinking too much of Eve

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
Glad Eve took off the bullet proof vest, seemed like Villanelle would have easily spotted it. Especially with her eye for fashion and Eve in general.

Did not expect Konstantin and Caroline to still be buddy-buddy watching their employees in the car together.

Its like they set up a playdate for them, I really liked that.

The rest of the plot seems so pointless though, I dont mind that it doesnt make any sense but they cant expect us to care about the MI6 investigation featuring the wise old lady and guy that says a sex thing in every scene he has

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Eve's husband is safe from castration for now. I can't even remember his name that's how detached I am from him lol. Anyway, just when you think you know what Villanelle's gonna do she surprises you. Loved how smug she was trying to make him jealous.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
are people just ignoring how illegal the things Carolyn lets happens? so it should be no surprised that she's letting this whole Villanelle thing happen and off record on purpose. She is playing a super long game that started from episode 1 or the latest from faking K's death. I'm sure she's also behind K's mix messages on getting Eve's attention or distracting her from thinking too much of Eve
Whether it was legal or illegal, on the books or off, the scheme in this episode still made little sense. That's not a relevant factor to the alleged value of the operation.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Whether it was legal or illegal, on the books or off, the scheme in this episode still made little sense. That's not a relevant factor to the alleged value of the operation.
from day 1, Carolyn has been covering up the things Eve does. She likes her for her insane ideas and actions. This action isn't any more insane then usual. No one is ever clued in to all parts of anything or told enough about anything in the show. Carolyn gave Eve a futile task but hoping Eve is crazy enough to pay it off (Or Carolyn is part of the something and making a power play)

the real wild card is I'm sure Villanelle knows more than she's letting on and she also lied to Eve about what The Ghost told her

with Eve leaning into this Sub looking lifestyle i wonder if Villanelle will actual Dom and put up with it for long

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
from day 1, Carolyn has been covering up the things Eve does. She likes her for her insane ideas and actions. This action isn't any more insane then usual. No one is ever clued in to all parts of anything or told enough about anything in the show. Carolyn gave Eve a futile task but hoping Eve is crazy enough to pay it off (Or Carolyn is part of the something and making a power play)
Whether it was legal or not, the goal of the operation was stupid. It was also Eve's idea, not Carolyn's. I'll quote myself:
I think this season has really thrown the law enforcement plotting out the window. The operation in this episode made extremely little sense. Getting Villanelle to interrogate Ghost? To what end? Why would smart people trust information given under duress, if not expected torture? Actually, it's even worse, they are trusting secondhand information obtained under duress since it seems like no one even watched what Villanelle did and are taking her word for what was said. Even assuming the info is honest, and it probably is, all it really amounts to is the name of the suspect (who should have been being scrutinized after his very first encounter with Eve, not to mention his increasingly sketchy followup scenes) and no hard evidence of anything.
I would also echo the following as being really lazy and dumb:
Not to mention the uncharacteristically poor execution of the "interrogation". Normally they're inventive enough to show us the elaborate performances Villanelle puts on for herself, her victims, and her audience in the intelligence community, and here we get a cutaway, and an apparently unharmed (and until now totally impenetrable) Ghost tossing out some weak "I've just seen some shit" nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
if Carolyn didn't approve it the idea it would have been stopped right there and Eve would have pivoted into something else.

Villanelle has known to run from the MI6 and the police many a times yet goes with it all this time. She knows something we're not being shown. Hell she might even be this supposed weapon and Carolyn's way to get said weapon is using Eve

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Season 1 started off really strong but it kind of soured me by killing Bill. I don't think it offered anything particularly good to the overall narrative, it took out a character who was very enjoyable to watch interact with Eve and I feel like what comes later on in the season with the interactions between Eve and Villanelle make less sense with V having killed Bill.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like what comes later on in the season with the interactions between Eve and Villanelle make less sense with V having killed Bill.

Considering the type of person they're making Eve out to be, not really, no normal person would do half the shit she does

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Kenny bringing up Bill again in this last episode really highlighted how Eve tries to forget him in order to better justify her attraction to Villanelle. The reminder didn't sober her or give her perspective, it made her angry.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny bringing up Bill again in this last episode really highlighted how Eve tries to forget him in order to better justify her attraction to Villanelle. The reminder didn't sober her or give her perspective, it made her angry.

That's also a great point, she's truly obsessed

Also, are people still suspecting Kenny?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People think he's part of the Twelve
Oh lol. Nah I don't think that's a possibility at all. If anything it's becoming increasingly obvious that Carolyn might be.

The show may have hinted at it when V made that remark to Eve that "I think that if you go high enough, you'll find that we work for the same people".

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
New wild theory. Everyone in the picture Eve shows Ana in s1 episode 7 is part of the 12, and their kids are being made into their successors for their job type

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Ep 6
Thumbs up

banana in a tail pipe type moment is best

so totally on "accident" to have Eve in a cafe next to a gay bookstore

also Nico is so vanilla that even when he's being non-vanilla he still has Eve go upstairs and have sex in bed instead of just in the kitchen area

D6DdTHZWwAIEXCa.jpg

this twitter thread is greatness of fanart

Last edited:

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Killing Eve won BAFTAs for:
Best Drama
Jodie Comer for Best Lead Actress
Fiona Shaw for Best Supporting Actress

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I had to know.
dog·ger·el
/ˈdôɡərəl/
noun
noun: doggerel
  1. comic verse composed in irregular rhythm.
    • verse or words that are badly written or expressed.
      "the last stanza deteriorates into doggerel"

Anyways, great ep. Ain't no doggerel there.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The overall plot these last two episodes has been pretty unbelievable (even for the world of Killing Eve, which has always been set in a heightened reality), but damn is it still wildly entertaining. Jodie Comer has instant chemistry with literally every single person they pair her with and Eve's spiral is fascinating to watch.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
But why is everyone else just ignoring the fact that villanelle killed eves partner and has murdered way more people than the ghost.
Hugo and Jess dont' know about Bill (nvm they know about Bill just not her involvement), also i'm sure they are just plants of Carolyn feeding into Eve's crazy ideas via orders. Eve doesn't actually care about anyone. Jess straight up says that Eve doesn't even fill out paper work or expenses. No one outside their department truly knows what they are doing and i think Carolyn's boss only know vague details