• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
On the Hugo tip, was the implication

That the 12 were responsible for shooting him or MI6 as part of the clean-up crew

It did seem like Konstantin dropped a reference about Villanelle still having family out there - don't know if it will factor into next season.

I see the role reversal they did from season one with the closing scene. Wonder if there was any significance with the red/green they were wearing, or if it just popped visually on camera.

I am curious to see how Season 3 shapes up, Eve wanted to head home but like Caroline said earlier in the season

"What's at home"

Her job situation seems iffy or nonexistent at best and I don't wager Nicco will have any Shepherd's Pie waiting for her.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting finale. I kinda wanna watch season 1 and 2 again. I hate when I feel like I wouldn't be able to to give a good summary to someone. So I wanna make sure I get all the details of MI6 and The 12 right. If 12 and MI6 sort of work in conjunction at times, why not let the 12 kill Aaron. MI6 seemed like they didn't matter and they aren't really going after the 12.

Also, there seemed to be a distinct lack of blood after Eve was shot. Not sure what she was even thinking of doing now that she couldn't really go home.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i think Carolyn's plan involved having Hugo shot on purpose (by MI6) b/c he got shot in a non fatal place ala where Konstantin got shot which is probably also where Eve got shot from the look of it

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Interesting finale. I kinda wanna watch season 1 and 2 again. I hate when I feel like I wouldn't be able to to give a good summary to someone. So I wanna make sure I get all the details of MI6 and The 12 right. If 12 and MI6 sort of work in conjunction at times, why not let the 12 kill Aaron. MI6 seemed like they didn't matter and they aren't really going after the 12.

Also, there seemed to be a distinct lack of blood after Eve was shot. Not sure what she was even thinking of doing now that she couldn't really go home.
they say the 12 is about creating Chaos, Aaron is causing chaos trying to sell his weapon. MI6 is about Control, they need to stop some of the Chaos. They are a government so they don't want actual killers on the books for certain things at least as far as Carolyn is concerned. I wouldnt be surprised her entire operation on paper is just surveillance of Aaron and catching Ghost

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
That went waaaaaay farther than I thought it would. Killing Eve does not hold back at all.

What a fantastic season.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh the finale aired tonight? I assume I'll have it in my streaming service when I get home then (although I'm still on episode 6, I got sidetracked by my Deadwood re-watch)

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
People are so dramatic - as long as you get Villanelle having fun in various settings, finding chemistry in odd moments, it will remain a must-watch show - and fans are a litttttle fetishistic about showrunners, I think. Phoebe says she's still very much involved in the key creative decisions regarding this show, and to me it very much still feels like the same show and a vital shot in the arm for TV. We can afford three seasons of a show that's completely different from any other and featuring a once-in-a-lifetime performance (maybe two) even if the plot gets a little silly at times, right?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
People are so dramatic - as long as you get Villanelle having fun in various settings, finding chemistry in odd moments, it will remain a must-watch show - and fans are a litttttle fetishistic about showrunners, I think. Phoebe says she's still very much involved in the key creative decisions regarding this show, and to me it very much still feels like the same show and a vital shot in the arm for TV. We can afford three seasons of a show that's completely different from any other and featuring a once-in-a-lifetime performance (maybe two) even if the plot gets a little silly at times, right?

Sepinwall's review was a bit much, but the show did sacrifice a lot of believability this year. It is still immensely watchable though - Oh and Comer are one of the very best pairings on TV and it still feels unlike anything else out there - so his comment about it now being a "laundry show" struck me as odd.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
My Fun answer to this
Oh so you think thats what the Title is alluding to??
Instead of Killing Eve like thats what we thought Villanelle wanted to do Kill Eve and it was for S1
To
Season 2 - Killing, Eve?
As in like a question are you Killing Someone Eve??

Ohhhhhhh

Yup called it May 15th, as did many others I may add

10/10 would watch again

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with Sepinwall. The balancing act between believability and fetishistic excess the show pulled off so effortlessly in the first season is no more. I'll give season three a spin pretty much for Comer alone, but my genuine investment in the increasingly tortured narrative is spent.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
there's a Hollywood Reporter article that is super demoralizing on season 3 from one of the Exec Producers. I hope she has little control over the story with the new showrunner b/c man gonna be tough like Once Upon a Time tough for some fan groups

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sepinwall's review was a bit much, but the show did sacrifice a lot of believability this year. It is still immensely watchable though - Oh and Comer are one of the very best pairings on TV and it still feels unlike anything else out there - so his comment about it now being a "laundry show" struck me as odd.
It was never believable though-- it's always been a psychological portrait of obsession that's a lot of fun but not really meant to be taken so literally I think.

Just finished catching up by the way. Great season

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
No, but it used to be a whole lot more believable than it is right now.
Yeah, Killing Eve didn't quite nail the heightened reality aspect as well this season. I get the why of why you'd want the two to interact, but they couldn't work out a good framework for how to make it happen. And on some level the queer baiting of the finale kinda irked me whilst I watched it so that made the whole season leave a bad taste in my mouth.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It was queer baiting?
A bit yes. In both how they framed it story wise (both Eve and Vilanelle essentially abandoning their respective mentors for each other), and the language they used for it ("I'm not leaving without her").

For a show that handled this weird folie à deux obsession so well up until that point (and yes that includes most of season 2), that entire part felt like it relied on romantic cliches for a setup that was never going to happen. I wasn't expecting Eve to go with her, but I was expecting the show to do something more interesting than what ended up on screen.

Last edited:

dee_activate

Oct 25, 2017
world
And on some level the queer baiting of the finale
Villanelle has been interested in women from the very start, there is no queer baiting going on. That has been her character the whole time and she has had sexual encounters with women in season 1 and season 2. Eve had a fascination with her that villanelle misinterpreted, but that is not queer baiting.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Villanelle has been interested in women from the very start, there is no queer baiting going on. That has been her character the whole time and she has had sexual encounters with women in season 1 and season 2. Eve had a fascination with her that villanelle misinterpreted, but that is not queer baiting.
I expanded on it in the post above yours. The eschewing of the fascination/obsession in favour of romantic cliches for the finale did come across as queer baiting which was odd since the show up until that point had been good with that.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
So, this is a bit of a
I expanded on it in the post above yours. The eschewing of the fascination/obsession in favour of romantic cliches for the finale did come across as queer baiting which was odd since the show up until that point had been good with that.
yeah I can see your point. Eve has always had an obsession with villanelle that seemed to stem from a desire to escape her mundane life rather than sexual or romantic interests.

These last two episodes definitely pushed for a more overt lesbian angle despite the fact that eve has shown no romantic interests in women.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A bit yes. In both how they framed it story wise (both Eve and Vilanelle essentially abandoning their respective mentors for each other), and the language they used for it ("I'm not leaving without her").

For a show that handled this weird folie à deux obsession so well up until that point (and yes that includes most of season 2), that entire part felt like it relied on romantic cliches for a setup that was never going to happen. I wasn't expecting Eve to go with her, but I was expecting the show to do something more interesting than what ended up on screen.

I just don't know if I really agree, felt like an incredibly toxic and complicated relationship had reached a boiling point that fit the characterization of both characters. But I hear your point nonetheless.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The cliffhanger is totally pointless. YOu either show Eve dead, which is not going to happen, or you might as well show her struggling to live, but the lame non-question of her survival is meaningless. Still a fun show, just not the same as the first season.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The cliffhanger is totally pointless. YOu either show Eve dead, which is not going to happen, or you might as well show her struggling to live, but the lame non-question of her survival is meaningless.

I agree. Eve simply is not being killed off the show, so pretending that she is (Jon Snow style) is just obnoxious. At the same time, showing her struggling to live after being shot would be too similar to the end of season 1 (re: V being stabbed), so I'd rather they'd just have had Villanelle shoot at Eve to get her attention, intentionally missing, but Eve just keeps walking, leaving a disgusted Villanelle behind to figure out what comes next.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Carolyn got too many wins, got Peele killed like she wanted and gets to keep the audio from Villanelle's sex recording with Eve. Also whatever the plans are from the ruins

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yeah, Killing Eve didn't quite nail the heightened reality aspect as well this season. I get the why of why you'd want the two to interact, but they couldn't work out a good framework for how to make it happen. And on some level the queer baiting of the finale kinda irked me whilst I watched it so that made the whole season leave a bad taste in my mouth.
there's at least 2 places they could have held hands and/or kiss and still have the ending happen how it did. was so annoying to see

These last two episodes definitely pushed for a more overt lesbian angle despite the fact that eve has shown no romantic interests in women.
if you don't count the Dr Who scene maybe, then the hugo sex scene, then the hugo smoke scene and her confession of liking to watch and being watched by Villanelle

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Would have it been better if the two ended up working together to take down the Twelve? I've heard some people proposing that ending and thought that would have been a more logical conclusion than V and Eve just settling down in Alaska. I can see both characters struggling to break bad with each other in the next season before breaking off if either Villanelle goes to far or Eve fully embraces the dark side.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So now let's speculate on the show's most profound reveal so far:

tumblr_p7a2vn8TtW1x8jkiqo1_500.gif

Right in 1.1.

...Are rats sentient in the Vil-verse?

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
So do you think they will connect the body suit *that she throw away* and the last scene? hmm

overall season 1 > > > > > . > > > > > > season 2 :(

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the season and am weirdly on board with the Eve/Villanelle shipping lol, but ending on that as a cliffhanger just feels like a big miscalculation to me. Eve's obviously not dead so what are you teasing by doing that?

I agree that this season got a little too ridiculous relative to the first one, even if the first one was already fairly unrealistic as is (how has Villanelle never been caught given how often she leaves behind obvious physical evidence), but I mainly watch this show for Comer, and her chemistry with Sandra Oh, so doesn't really bother me.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Niko's still trapped in a room with a dead body, and Eve had no idea any of it happened. The final ep will have some fallout beyond the obvious cliffhanger.