• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p8v2jrv8PH1se6ntfo1_1280.png

There was a lack of an official thread for this game on Era, so I've gone and made one. This game regularly receives updates, new content, and such over the year, with a big content update having hit a couple months ago and another one about to hit in less than a month in this topic's creation, so it's worth talking about.

Killing Floor 2 is co-op focused action-survival game (for 1-6 players co-op online, or up to 12 players in Versus) available for PC via Steam, Playstation 4, and Xbox One, telling a loose story of a Europe which has fallen to an outbreak of ZED monsters from a British corporation known as Horzine, who tasked with creating Super Soldiers by the British government, has instead created the end of the world as we know it. You now play as one of several characters fighting back against waves of these infinite monsters, as it turns out some people really just like killing things for a cause (and loadsemone, of course, you earn money each wave to buy weapons from a Trader, armor, ammo, and more). You do not, in fact, kill floors.

The reason this game has grown a following and is well regarded I think comes to four basic functions, which are easy to pinpoint:

01. Gunplay is Super Satisfying
There are dozens of weapons in this game, too many to list in this topic frankly, every from several types of pistols with different quirks, flamethrowers, shotguns, machine guns, crossbows, grenade launchers, katanas, revolvers, several types of grenades, and a lot of crazy out-there weapons. The guns do feel distinct however, and provide interesting quirks, ups and downs, and most importantly are very satisfying to use. The varied enemies and hit detection help this out, as well as a sorta' dynamic bullet-time event where time will slow down for a brief period for players to allow taking shots in slow motion and highlight the gore happening around you.

This is also a good time to mention that the enemies in the game are pretty varied. The following video is only about a third of the selection of enemies in the game (it also doesn't include any of the bosses, which there's a few of at this point and I'll detail later in this OP), but here's a trailer showing a few of them:

02. Player Roles are Varied & Interesting
Outside of just shooting things, the game provides a variety of roles for the player to engage and manage maps and the group in, from wielding doors shut to a healing team mates, playing a role of support to buff other team mates abilities, or crowd management with a role like SWAT, to even other type of weapons specializations such as explosives, flame, or melee. There's 10 different classes in the game which specialize in different areas, each class as a sorta' level-up system that unlocks new perks for each class as you climb the ladder for them (given a few perks to choose from, but can only equip a certain amount), the brief rundown of these classes (there's more special to each class than I'll mention, like how some have specialized grenades, or other abilities, buffs, etc) are:
Berserker: Specialized up-close-and-personal melee class with various buffs in guarding, heavy strikes, damage resistance, etc.
Commando: The 'eyes' of the team, can see enemy health bars, cloaked enemies are easier to spot, and specialize in automatic weapons.
Support: Specializes in piercing weapons for enemy armor, wielding doors (and a unique ability to repair broken doors in downtime), good with shotguns and chockpoints.
Field Medic: Specializing in healing the team, even at a distance with specialized weapons, with perks of faster movement speed and armor to respond quicker.
Demolitionist: A class that specializes in blowing shit up. They carry a lot of power, but must wield it carefully as it can damage others & themselves, as well as using traps.
Firebug: They like to watch ZED burn. Sets enemies on fire for passively burning them to a crisp, specializing in crowd control and lighting up an area like a Christmas tree.
Gunslinger: Master of the pistol and revolvers, and especially in duel-wielding, they're mobile and good at high damage up-and-personal, can stop sprinting ZEDs dead in their tracks.
Sharpshooter: Precision is key for the Sharpshooter, specializing in precision weapons at a distance like rifles and crossbows, lining shots to hit weakpoints to take down bigger enemies.
Survivalist: Jack of all Trades, but master of none. Essentially they 'fill' the role of classes not within the team, getting buffs in classes other players aren't playing, though not to the extent of the individual classes.
SWAT: An up-close class that specializes not in damage but crowd control. They can keep weaker Zeds back and in a group, and help slow-down and keep larger ZEDs in place for other classes to take care of.

There's a large variety of classes, and they're all pretty fun to play, allowing different styles of play.

03. Map Design is Intricate
I love the maps in this game, how they're designed with multiple points to hold out in, feed into each other, large enough to explore but small enough to not get lost in, and with a ton of personalized choices. It's also neat to see a room you do battle in take more and more damage, enemies splatter blood on the floors, walls, ceilings, etc., when you kill them, some limbs stay behind, lights in an area may be destroyed and various furniture shot about, it's a clear visual indicator of where fights have taken place and both encourages holding out in a place for a time, but not for too long to keep on the move.

04. The Game has a Lot of Personality
Between a weird sense of humor the game has, a metal as fuck soundtrack composed by bands including Demon Hunter, Fit for a King, Living Sacrifice, and more, and how the gunplay, enemies, and systems within the game create a very unique feeling style of arena shooter which gets more engaging as you go.

Now a bit of a personal story, Killing Floor and it's sequel hold a special place for me as the original Killing Floor was going through a free weekend event when I first really started using Steam. I decided to try it with some friends, absolutely loved it, and did end up buying it for myself and several friends. It became one of my favorite 'arena survival' games, and I think the sequel is even better. I could sing praises for this game for a while and the support both Killing Floor 1 and 2 receive, Killing Floor 1 was supported for years after release with several updates a year with new maps, weapons, and more. Killing Floor 2 has continued that trend, and does help bring me and my friends back to it every few months, and it's always a good time for us.

The timing of this topic is also probably good as Killing Floor 2 released one of its bigger updates recently, one for an endless 'Onslaught Mode' with a lot of challenging enemy quirks for the mode, which has a trailer that details the additions of the update nicely:

The game is also receiving it's next big content update in the next few weeks for the Summer Seasonal Event. These events also during the period have a specialized 'side-quest' to do in newly added maps in the update to unlock limited time costumes you can use, and all of the enemies during the period are given a new visual look as well to fit with the theme of the season

Game Modes
(as of May 2018)

The game has been updated several times now, which has included new game modes over time. What sorta' modes can you expect getting into the game? Well...

Survival: Basic survival gameplay for 1-6 players. Fight through waves of enemies. Can either be a Short game (4 waves), Medium game ( 7 waves), or Long game (10 waves), and at the end you fight one of several boss monsters randomly selected (more on them later). Earn money each wave from kills and other activities you do (support, healing, etc.), earn money for surviving. If you die you respawn the next wave, but with no additional money than when you died and you've lost all of your gear (outside of the weapon you were holding when you died, which lands on the ground and either you or a teammate can pick it up).
Versus: 6 vs 6 Players, one team plays as humans, the other plays as the ZEDs themselves, spawning in as a 'random' Zed among NPC ZEDs, but the human ZEDs have a special coloring and abilities the normal ZEDs cannot do. The humans must kill all the ZEDs as usual, the monsters must wipe out the humans and given a random monster to control each wave as it goes.
Holdout: 1-6 Players, for specialized maps that support it, essentially 11 smaller maps and each round you're on a smaller map and must hold out, and then next wave go to the next smaller map.
Infinite Onslaught: 1-6 waves, Recently added, essentially an endless mode with waves that get progressively tougher, the goal is to see how long you can survive. Waves and Monsters begin to get increasingly out there as waves get certain random effects, which range from giving players buffs, monsters buffs, special scenarios like all of a single monster type one round and other quirks.

The Big Ole' List of Killing Floor 2 Maps
(as of May 2018)

Killing Floor 2 at this point has a pretty decent amount of maps, and that number only increases every year. On PC there's also literally hundreds of custom user made maps you can play on, but the official maps are nothing to scoff at. One of my favorite aspects of Killing Floor is the map design, so I wanted to spend some time listing them off to give people an idea of the sorta' environments you'd be playing in Killing Floor 2's arena levels.

I'll mention some maps have variations for the different modes, some are made for one mode specifically but can be played in other modes.

KF2_Map_BurningParis.png

Burning Paris
A map split between city streets, a few shops and buildings, and some metro underground tunnels, all of which weave and churn in a more open-air burning post-apocalyptic Paris.

KF2_Map_BioticsLab.png

Biotics Lab
An underground research facility, lots of metal halls and testing chambers, split between a few different floors and sectors of the laboratory.

KF2_Map_Outpost.png

Outpost
A snowy base, split between the open air frozen wasteland outside and darker halls of the facility.

KF2_Map_VolterManor.png

Volter Manor
A Swiss mansion with old-timey architecture, a storm rages outside in its gardens, while inside you may find a large library, and secret nazi experimental torture labs underground.

KF2_Map_Catacombs.png

Catacombs
The infamous large catacombs become a dark labyrinth of death in this outbreak, the map is large and dark, meaning you'll need to take special precautions to survive.

KF2_Map_EvacuationPoint.png

Evacuation Zone
A survivor camp that fell while trying to evacuate people onto a ferry, you now fight around the overrun camp and ship to contain it.

KF2_Map_Farmhouse.png

Farmhouse
An old farmhouse in the country, it's surround yard and barn. It's actually a small but condensed map with a lot of viable strategies, close-quarters, rooms and floors.

KF2_Map_BlackForest.png

Black Forest
An open forest map with creeks, an old decrepit house, and various trails. A unique trait of this map is as each wave passes, the map goes from day to dusk to night.

KF2_Map_Prison.png

Prison
A Russian prison complex, full of different wings, a prison yard, cells, and multi-floored. It's got a lot of space, but ironically very easy to get trapped in a wing of the prison by ZED if you're not careful.

KF2_Map_ContainmentStation.png

Containment Station
A Horzine space station creation facility you're tasked with taking out, go through the station's iron halls and creation facilities, ranging from engine rooms to a cafeteria.

KF2_Map_HostileGrounds.png

Hostile Grounds
London is in a much deeper state of disrepair, whole parts of the city leveled. You now fight above and below street level the cramped streets.

KF2_Map_InfernalRealm.png

Infernal Realm
In a place that can only be described as Hell, full of Brimstone, fancy architecture, blazing fires, hanging corpses, bones, and more.

KF2_Map_Zed_Landing.png

ZED Landing
A tropical island where a volcano has begun to erupt. Fight on the beaches, tropical jungles, but as each wave passes the volcano gets more active, starting to leak lava streams into various parts of the island.

KF2_Map_Nuked.png

Nuked
The burnt remains of a town that was nuked out of existence, but still the ZED walk among it. The smog makes it harder to see, and the destruction has made a lot of open but partially destroyed buildings to explore.

KF2_Map_TheDescent.png

The Descent
This map is a bit special, it is the first of a sub-'Holdout' mode, it's composed of 11 floors, you hold a floor for a wave, and then descend to the floor below you for the next wave.

KF2_Map_TragicKingdom.png

The Tragic Kingdom
An amusement park gone to hell, the flashing lights and attractions still work (some even geared with traps), which you can make use of. Go between circus tents, minigame stands, and rides.

KF2_Map_Nightmare.png

Nightmare
The second 'Holdout' sub-mode map which has you changing floors with each map. This time in a surrealistic nightmare landscape of a psychedelic clown.

Xmas_map2017.png

Krampus Lair
Hoho, a Christmas-themed map starring Krampus' torture workshop. The map is large with a lot to mess with, and this map has a specialized side-quest where each wave there's points to 'defend', and if you do so you earn more money.

Kf2_powercore_thumbnail.jpg

Power Core
A map added with the recent update, it's a power reactor core, and the third 'Holdout' sub-mode map where you change areas after every hold-out wave.

Kf2_diesector_thumbnail.jpg

A map added in the recent update, it's an exclusive map for the newly added 'Endless Onslaught Mode', specializing in a large space, traps that have a cooldown meter, and a lot of points to hold out in with the endless onslaught and enemy buffs you must deal with.

---

That's all the maps at the moment, but it's been confirmed with the Summer update releasing in less than a month's time two more maps will be added, which have been detailed:

Airship:
Lockhart is back, and it seems his problems are never ending. Last time you saw him, you had helped him launch away to his airship. Now, having followed him, you find the sky a most dangerous place, and not just because you need to help keep the Queen Victoria running!

Lockdown:
Waking up from Cryosleep, you find yourselves on a ship orbiting a planet near a red giant. The zeds aboard the ship have already caused mayhem on every single compartment. Eliminate the ZED threat before they tear the ship's hull to pieces.

So those two maps will be coming very soon.

Boss Monsters
(as of May 2018)

There's a lot of ZEDs to kill on the floors in this game, but the most personalized you'll face are boss creatures at the end of a match after the final wave. The boss is selected randomly from the pool at the end of a Survival or Holdout round, and the beasts you may encounter currently (as more have been added over time) are:

c553da7f78a801f16074672d800f3f16.png

Hans Volter
A talkative German scientist who specializes in toxic gases, explosives, and draining other players health to recharge his own.

7d297fb6ed66e47d04ec811f68e3402e.png

Patriarch
A bulking monstrosity that dons a minigun and rocket launcher, a wicked tentacle melee attack for up close. When damaged enough, he'll cloak himself and run off to use one of the syringes he's carrying on his hip to heal (he has a finite supply) unless players can gun him down before he does.

77080cb98aa05feda5cd345d47ae4cf4.png

King Fleshpound
A super mutated fleshpound with two huge meat graters, some special attacks compared to a normal Fleshpound, and has a unique 'army' it spawns to protect it as it wrecks havoc.

cf6db56b77d70d594c2477c23dbd64aa.png

Abomination
An oversized armor-wearing bloat that spawns walking toxic bombs, and tries to suck up players to eat them.

---

A few things I've only lightly touched upon (or haven't like the cosmetic costumes you earn in the game), but this OP is already getting loaded and wanted to get this up before the Summer Event started and on something of a request. I adore the game, and have adored the original for years now, so was glad to oblige.

Who else has been killing on these floors (for a second time) lately?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
KF2 is a great game. I'm looking forward to the upcoming summer update/event.

Volcynika

Oct 26, 2017
Looked at my Steam profile and haven't played it since April 2015 (wow). Maybe I need to boot it up again soon and see what all has changed!

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
love this game and the dev
haven't played kf2 in a long while though, how is the new update?

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I've been playing it a fair bit on PC lately. Clocked 81 hours total so far. Have nearly 600 hours on KF1.

I hope the Husk Cannon doesn't get nerfed because I'm having a lot of fun wrecking with it at the moment. Really the only Firebug weapon I like using and it works great on Demolitions as well.

Deleted member 5398

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Popping in to say the preview build on steam is really cool, lots of great additions to extend the longevity of the game.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's the community like on the Xbox?

I've never had any trouble finding a game. I got into it heavy around the Christmas event, I've been buried in MHW since January (with a little Far Cry 5) so I haven't played the new content yet. Hoping to give it a spin this weekend (if I can peel away from State of Decay 2). Feel free to add me on XBO.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
This is a game I wanted to buy for a while now but every time it gets a free weekend, I give up after an hour. It just doesn't seem very fun to play for longer periods of time and there's not much to do other than camp in some corner of a map and shoot zombies. I find Call of Duty Zombies more enjoyable. It seems there is way more to do and ways to have fun than in Killing Floor.

I hope somebody can prove me wrong.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I've been tempted to buy this game on the PS4 for a couple months now. This thread might have pushed me to finally buying it.

Is it still pretty active on the PS4?

Oct 28, 2017
Got KF2 on PS+ and it's up there with Rocket League as my go-to game that I fire up almost every day. Have honestly only played Berserker for the last six months at least, way too fun (very first class was Gunslinger though). Didn't even realize half of those modes existed tbh, just rock 4-wave Survival. Which is the most fun? I always had the feeling that the community was getting kinda sparse on PS4 but I spose I only ever play that one mode..

Much respek to the devs for the free updates. The new maps and bosses are always wicked.

Oct 28, 2017
This is a game I wanted to buy for a while now but every time it gets a free weekend, I give up after an hour. It just doesn't seem very fun to play for longer periods of time and there's not much to do other than camp in some corner of a map and shoot zombies. I find Call of Duty Zombies more enjoyable. It seems there is way more to do and ways to have fun than in Killing Floor.

Tbh I definitely prefer the L4D or Vermintide format where you're progressing through a level with various challenges rather than pure wave survival. But I find it's a real fun one to just mindlessly plug away at. The guns/melee feel really good to play and it's super satisfying when you manage to solo an entire wave and res your dead teammates at the end for the next one. Hardest difficulty is clutch too.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Killing Floor has some of the most satisfying shooting mechanics in all of gaming. I have around 500hrs in KF2. I need to get back to it. One thing that drives me crazy is the lack of a good AA option. The jaggies in this game really get to me

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like KF2, put about 60 hours into it, but I think map design is a downgrade from KF1. In KF2 all maps are corridor based. Even when some maps look like they are open ( Black Forest), in reality, they are built from corridors and invisible walls too. In KF1 maps were more open. Like they not only were bigger but they also had more open space, like Farm or Mountain Pass. KF2 version of Farm is a poor version of KF1 Farm. I also think that most KF2 maps are really flat. Some maps in KF1 offered a bit of verticality ( like in Aperture). I appreciate that they try new things with KF2 like the progression maps, but I really wish they made some more open maps. That's my main complaint. And I think it's my friends complaint too because we don't play KF2 together at all while KF1 was our main game on LAN parties.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
For my group of friends, this was the best free psn game ever. When killing floor 3 comes out 4 copies will be sold day one.

Oct 27, 2017

This is my take as well unfortunately. If you finished one map you basically seen the whole game, it gets repetitive real quick. The lack of varied weapons when I last played it didn't help as well.

Other than that I really liked the game.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would've never tried it if it weren't a Plus freebie and now I'm considering buying it on Steam to support the devs even more, fantastic post-launch support and the gameplay is really tight, my only grip is the whole slow mo thingy that happens when someone headshots a Zed, so annoying.

To those above, I really don't see how could a CoD zombie player can't enjoy this, being one myself, this is pretty close to WaW/Blops1 zombies, although if you're into the whole easter egg story-line side quests that they've been doing since Blops2, then yeah I could see how KF2 could be boring.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tripwire is far too underrated in having the best guns and gunplay in gaming. Killing Floor 2 is the pinnacle of what they're capable of. I have hundreds of hours put into the first game and it's getting up there with the second game as well. I have been getting into the Berserker perk lately. What I once thought was the worst perk in the game and a massive step down from the first game turned out to be the greatest perk of them all once I leveled it up. I AM AN UNSTOPPABLE GOD.

I heard the Frame Rate is pretty rough (Unlocked 30-60) in this game, is that true.

This game is a buttery smooth 60 fps. Even on console. Only on a few maps will you get slight drops.

I really like KF2, put about 60 hours into it, but I think map design is a downgrade from KF1. In KF2 all maps are corridor based. Even when some maps look like they are open ( Black Forest), in reality, they are built from corridors and invisible walls too. In KF1 maps were more open. Like they not only were bigger but they also had more open space, like Farm or Mountain Pass. KF2 version of Farm is a poor version of KF1 Farm. I also think that most KF2 maps are really flat. Some maps in KF1 offered a bit of verticality ( like in Aperture). I appreciate that they try new things with KF2 like the progression maps, but I really wish they made some more open maps. That's my main complaint. And I think it's my friends complaint too because we don't play KF2 together at all while KF1 was our main game on LAN parties.

Maps like Mountain Pass were far too big for their own good and made games last for an eternity. I feel like this wasn't too much of an issue with Farm due to it being a flat landscape.

I wouldn't mind more maps like London though. Maps like Nuked and Hostile Grounds have some resemblance to this.

You need to play on higher difficulties. It's when camping in a corner shooting zeds like they're helpless kittens turns into barely holding the line at all cost until zeds overrun you and everyone scatters in a panic trying to survive. It's quite intense.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
To those above, I really don't see how could a CoD zombie player can't enjoy this, being one myself, this is pretty close to WaW/Blops1 zombies, although if you're into the whole easter egg story-line side quests that they've been doing since Blops2, then yeah I could see how KF2 could be boring.

That's pretty much it but another reason is that KF2 maps all seemed the same while COD:Z maps are somewhat different from each other. There are those that have a pretty regular layout and then you have maps like Transit, Die Rise, Revelations etc. I could be totally wrong about this but thats just my observation from the few free weekends I've tried this.

I suppose I could give it another shot with my regular CoD:Z group next time though.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
1225 hours and still counting. As many issues I have with this game the gunplay is just so good that I keep coming back. Crazy that the game is still being updated with regular seasonal events still, KF1 only got Xmas updates I think but I could be wrong. I only put a measly 390 hours in the first. KF1 is the better game but there is plenty of great stuff in KF2 as well.

The combat, the enemy hit reaction and the sheer chaos at times makes me coming back to it but I wish they would keep trying to fix the perks system some more and not be afraid to keep some imbalanced stuff in there as well or just fun perks. The medic zed time stun dart was such a good perk but they took it out for no reason, I could help take down scrakes if I needed or make a critical stun at the right moment to turn the tide. Now the class is such a drag to play, just finished a med game after months not playing the class and I wanted to leave by wave 7.

Another lousy class is the Support class; It was such a monster in the first game but now it just exists and does nothing remarkable if not for the double barrel. With reload cancelling being fixed I wonder if that will still be the case....hopefully the new shotty will make up for the lack of anything truly remarkable for Support class.

Too many perks choices are clearly better than the other and they could be tweaked to be at least more useful for certain situations if nothing else. Survivalist still has not been fixed and is the worst class by far.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
1225 hours and still counting. As many issues I have with this game the gunplay is just so good that I keep coming back. Crazy that the game is still being updated with regular seasonal events still, KF1 only got Xmas updates I think but I could be wrong. I only put a measly 390 hours in the first. KF1 is the better game but there is plenty of great stuff in KF2 as well.

The combat, the enemy hit reaction and the sheer chaos at times makes me coming back to it but I wish they would keep trying to fix the perks system some more and not be afraid to keep some imbalanced stuff in there as well or just fun perks. The medic zed time stun dart was such a good perk but they took it out for no reason, I could help take down scrakes if I needed or make a critical stun at the right moment to turn the tide. Now the class is such a drag to play, just finished a med game after months not playing the class and I wanted to leave by wave 7.

Another lousy class is the Support class; It was such a monster in the first game but now it just exists and does nothing remarkable if not for the double barrel. With reload cancelling being fixed I wonder if that will still be the case....hopefully the new shotty will make up for the lack of anything truly remarkable for Support class.

Too many perks choices are clearly better than the other and they could be tweaked to be at least more useful for certain situations if nothing else. Survivalist still has not been fixed and is the worst class by far.

They completely shit the bed with the welding and stuff from the first game. It's completely irrelevant in KF2 and I don't know why it's still there. It seemed far more effective in the first game.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tripwire is far too underrated in having the best guns and gunplay in gaming. Killing Floor 2 is the pinnacle of what they're capable of. I have hundreds of hours put into the first game and it's getting up there with the second game as well. I have been getting into the Berserker perk lately. What I once thought was the worst perk in the game and a massive step down from the first game turned out to be the greatest perk of them all once I leveled it up. I AM AN UNSTOPPABLE GOD.

This game is a buttery smooth 60 fps. Even on console. Only on a few maps will you get slight drops.

Maps like Mountain Pass were far too big for their own good and made games last for an eternity. I feel like this wasn't too much of an issue with Farm due to it being a flat landscape.

I wouldn't mind more maps like London though. Maps like Nuked and Hostile Grounds have some resemblance to this.

You need to play on higher difficulties. It's when camping in a corner shooting zeds like they're helpless kittens turns into barely holding the line at all cost until zeds overrun you and everyone scatters in a panic trying to survive. It's quite intense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7m0d59/killing_floor_2_bad_performance_on_one_x/?sort=new This thread makes me hesistant. I have it on PC but playing on the sofa would be nice for Xbox One X

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
They completely shit the bed with the welding and stuff from the first game. It's completely irrelevant in KF2 and I don't know why it's still there. It seemed far more effective in the first game.
Welding led to camping which they wanted to address so they tried to fix it by making KF2 stages anti camping....they failed and never bothered to remedy the problem. People ended up camping anyway without welding which really is a double fail. Instead of trying to remove camping they should have made it so that you could do it but you had to work for it with good team work and everyone playing their roles well.

Funnily enough they seemed to have stumbled upon an anti camping solution thanks to HOE being super hard now and forcing movement but they then go and double down on super small "Descent" style maps that becoming extremely hard because there is no movement and it becomes impossible to deal with 5 Scrakes and 3 FPs at once when there is no where to go and keep spacing.

These kinds of muddled headed design decisions have marred the game since day one and continue to happen still. It's a testament to the core gameplay that it can still be fun despite the game's glaring issues.

Nov 2, 2017
After putting in a hundred hours I think the first game is better. Too many maps in part 2 have too little opportunity for welding doors. It also doesn't feel like a horror game like the first one.

Double barrel hunting shotgun is still the most satisfying shotgun ever, though.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait for the M99 AMR. Loved the thing in KF1, don't care if it weighed a ton or had super-expensive ammo, because one-shotting Scrakes with it felt incredible.

I agree. This is the one thing I think KF1 has over the sequel, variety in map design, in particular the large, open maps. I actually laughed when I first played KF2-Farm: far from being a remake of the original, it turns out to be the smallest map in the game!

Oct 27, 2017
I was very disappointed when I played it on ps+ after hearing so many good things. The gunplay didn't feel right to me, the levels felt completely disjointed and the whole thing seemed to lack polish.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really think the game should have been released on consoles, it's at its best on PC when you're running around goofy looking custom maps with your friends.

Many of the maps from KF1 have been ported to KF2 by the community as well.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I was very disappointed when I played it on ps+ after hearing so many good things. The gunplay didn't feel right to me, the levels felt completely disjointed and the whole thing seemed to lack polish.
Complete opposite for me I thought it was great when it came up on ps+ and very well polished one of the best fps zombie games on ps4 yet, maybe adjust your sensitivity and aim assist settings etc

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Got it from PS+ and it's probably one of the best PS+ games I've ever got. I still play KF2 regularly but I'm really hoping that the new update comes soon(Quad-barrel shotgun!). This is also hopeful thinking but I kinda wish that they would introduce some Left4Dead style maps.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I still play KF2 regularly but I'm really hoping for an update soon. This is also hopeful thinking but I kinda wish that they would introduce some Left4Dead style maps.

Two things on this front, firstly is there is DEFINITELY a new update coming soon, you can actually opt into the beta right now via Steam, but full stuff coming soon. The Summer event starts in less than a month, that'll turn all the enemies into their summer visual motif, adds two new maps (the Air Ship map I'm excited for), three new weapons, one new enemy type, and some other surprises (including limited time side-quest in the new maps to unlock a limited time cosmetic thingie). They've also got other things in the pipeline and there's also confirmed Halloween and Christmas Updates happening in the months after the Summer update.

On the second thing, I hope they do too. Killing Floor 1 had some amazing 'campaign' maps people managed to create with KF systems, including a Resident Evil 1 mansion recreation with some progression, another Resident Evil campaign that was a recreation of the first live-action RE movie (complete with laser dodging hall scene antics), and other non-RE things I don't remember the name of but were fun. KF2 might already have maps like this, but KF1 near the end of its life spawn did add a proper objective mode which was fun. Hoping KF2 plans to add something like that too in the near future, objective mode was fun (but was a really late addition to KF1, the campaign maps I mentioned were done by the community before this mode existed).

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Two things on this front, firstly is there is DEFINITELY a new update coming soon, you can actually opt into the beta right now via Steam, but full stuff coming soon. The Summer event starts in less than a month, that'll turn all the enemies into their summer visual motif, adds two new maps (the Air Ship map I'm excited for), three new weapons, one new enemy type, and some other surprises (including limited time side-quest in the new maps to unlock a limited time cosmetic thingie). They've also got other things in the pipeline and there's also confirmed Halloween and Christmas Updates happening in the months after the Summer update.

On the second thing, I hope they do too. Killing Floor 1 had some amazing 'campaign' maps people managed to create with KF systems, including a Resident Evil 1 mansion recreation with some progression, another Resident Evil campaign that was a recreation of the first live-action RE movie (complete with laser dodging hall scene antics), and other non-RE things I don't remember the name of but were fun. KF2 might already have maps like this, but KF1 near the end of its life spawn did add a proper objective mode which was fun. Hoping KF2 plans to add something like that too in the near future, objective mode was fun (but was a really late addition to KF1, the campaign maps I mentioned were done by the community before this mode existed).
Thanks for the info! I might also check out that KF1 RE map because that sounds great though I wonder if the KF1 community is dead at this point.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I got bored of this but I have to commend them... their analog controls (PS4) are goddamn PERFECT. It's hard to believe a PC centric dev nailed something so many big console-first pubs/devs are still getting wrong. No acceleration, input lag or deadzone... just perfect aiming controls.

They should teach the rest of the industry. You don't need auto-aim on gamepads if your controls are tight. The shit I pull off in this game... lol.

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got bored of this but I have to commend them... their analog controls (PS4) are goddamn PERFECT. It's hard to believe a PC centric dev nailed something so many big console-first pubs/devs are still getting wrong. No acceleration, input lag or deadzone... just perfect aiming controls.

They should teach the rest of the industry. You don't need auto-aim on gamepads if your controls are tight. The shit I pull off in this game... lol.
Curious, when was the last time you played the game?

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Curious, when was the last time you played the game?
Hmm few months or more? It was when they had a Christmas themed event taking place. Wasn't too crazy about that one and playing with randoms was becoming a huge grind to find good matches. I'm always tempted to redownload it though... I played it a ton at launch, for a while it was my favorite game. Just kinda got bored though.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Neat, first I heard about the update. Got into it around December when it was on sale for pretty cheap. Got into it with my other cousins and played a lot for a while. I'll hop back on for sure once the new content drops.