Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
3Ed1ewc.jpg

This will be a historic meeting between a sitting U.S. President and the Supreme Leader of North Korea and I wanted to have all the info in one place as the next few days will probably have a ton of threads on the issue.

President Donald Trump is poised to hold a historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Tuesday, the first known face-to-face between a sitting U.S. president and a head of the Asian country.

The summit is the culmination of months of posturing and negotiating between top U.S. and North Korean officials and comes less than two weeks after Trump reversed his decision to scrap plans for the meeting, which is set to take place in Singapore.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-kim-summit-everything-you-need-to-know-635005

Who's involved:
Donald J. Trump- President of the United States of America
Kim Jong Un- Supreme Leader and Chairman of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Mike Pompeo- Secretary of State of the United States of America
John Bolton- National Security Adviser of the United States of America
Kim Yong Chol- Vice-Chairman Central Committee of the Workers' Party of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Dennis Rodman- American Retired Professional Basketball Player
(He's not actually taking part in negotiations.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dennis-rodman-says-he-will-travel-to-singapore-for-trump-kim-summit/)

What Will Be Discussed:
Possible Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
The White House has not issued an official list of topics for the sit-down between U.S. and North Korean officials. But the Trump administration has signaled that efforts to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula will be at the forefront of discussions, including a timeline and the technical details of dismantling existing weapons arsenals and weapons-making capabilities.

During his meeting with Kim Jong Un's No. 2 earlier this month, the president indicated the two discussed international economic sanctions imposed on Pyongyang, another likely talking point for Tuesday's negotiations. Their discussions did not touch on human rights, however, according to Trump, and it remains unclear whether the issue will be broached in Singapore.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/10/trump-kim-summit-everything-you-need-to-know-635005

Where:
Capella Hotel, Sentosa, Singapore

When:
9:00am 6/12/18 Singapore Time
10:00am 6/12/18 JST
2:00am 6/12/18 BST
9:00pm 6/11/18 EST
8:00pm 6/11/18 CDT
7:00pm 6/11/18 MDT
6:00pm 6/11/18 PST
3:00pm 6/11/18 HST
t1528765200z1.png

How we got here:

UGUjA1L.png

Will Trump invite Kim to the White House or to Mar-a-Lago?

Trump openly mused last week about potentially inviting Kim to the White House "if it goes well" in Singapore.

"The answer is yes ... but certainly if it goes well. And I think it would be well-received. I think he would look at it very favorably," Trump told a reporter who asked whether he might invite the North Korean leader to the U.S. "So, I think that could happen."

The remarks followed a Bloomberg report that Trump is weighing an offer to Kim of a second meeting between the two, potentially this fall at the president's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

EaDst7g.jpg

Trump Kim summit: What North Koreans are being told
More in the link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44408873

How Can You Remember the Event:
The Trump-Kim Commemorative Coin
Various Restaurants in Singapore:

Trump and Kim Coffee
YyEqf0h.jpg

Leaders arriving in Singapore:
Kim Jong Un arriving in Singapore and meeting with Singaporean PM
9I3gzEF.jpg

97Ui4zf.jpg

giphy.gif

President Trump arriving in Singapore
DGPbHXw.jpg

UPDATE: Summit Pics
mN9nXCA.jpg

AqHwMnM.jpg

04wjwE7.jpg

VSNjREK.jpg

Gmcfd4b.jpg

I messaged a mod to make this thread first. I will be updating the thread as we go along.
Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I believe I saw this movie before. If anything let's hope for the best case scenario, because the world really needs it.

OP
OP
Mar Tuuk

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
An article on what North Koreans are being told about the summit:

EaDst7g.jpg

Trump Kim summit: What North Koreans are being told
By Alistair ColemanBBC Monitoring

8 June 2018

North Korea, which goes to enormous lengths to control what information reaches the eyes and ears of its citizens, tends not to report on important events until after they happen and has not directly mentioned the 12 June meeting, due to be held in Singapore.

Over the last month, the notion of a summit has only been mentioned a few times - when Pyongyang threatened to pull out of the meeting in mid-May, then again a few days later when it urged that it should take place after all.

Instead, reports on TV, radio and in newspapers speak of "dialogue" with the US as part of peace efforts initiated by Mr Kim in his New Year's Day speech.

What are they saying?
North Korean citizens know the summit is planned, but unless they've been paying very close attention, they have not been told when or where it is taking place.

The date is mentioned deep in a report on Mr Kim's recent meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the end of May; while North Koreans have been given no explanation as to why the Singaporean foreign minister visited Pyongyang yesterday.

Part of the report on US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's 9 May visit to Pyongyang published in state newspaper Rodong Sinmun included lines on preparations for the planned summit meeting.

But it's worth noting that all the comments on the summit were attributed to Mr Pompeo, continuing the North's narrative that it was Washington that asked for dialogue, rather than Pyongyang.

More in the link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44408873

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hannity and Rodman didn't rate inclusion in the OP? Let's treat this mockery of intelligence like the status quo nonsense / photo op / political posturing that it is.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
during the 2008-2016 years, did we have OTs like this for political events? lol. I feel like I'm following a television show that I can't tune out of.

So I'm going to be on a 14 hour pacific flight for all of tomorrow. No news or internet for 14 hours. I look forward for finding out how it goes when I arrive in Narita airport in Tokyo

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Who needs Canada, France, or Germany for your allies when you can get a supreme leader to take his place?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
We can totally achieve peace with North Korea by allowing them to develop nukes and also allowing them to not only continue killing their citizens but flat out endorse it. Good job Trumpers!

Trump would have called Auschwitz fake news if he were President during World War 2.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
during the 2008-2016 years, did we have OTs like this for political events? lol. I feel like I'm following a television show that I can't tune out of.
I'm not sure if there was or not, but there wasn't a summit of this magnitude during those years.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We could all die by nuclear and yet I'm still laughing at the thought of dennis rodman being involved in this negotiation

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hopefully some good comes from this. It's a historical moment regardless.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Serious issue here-- In a credibility contest between the current WH press office and DPRK news agency, it's almost impossible to trust anything whatsoever we'll hear about this.

Skaterboy

May 16, 2018
I'm putting my money on this right now.
Democrats are gonna hate this deal, whatever it is
It's gonna be the Iran deal in reverse.
Screencap this!

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny, and by funny I mean sad, that trump is legitimizing NK as a world power while denying Palestinians basic humanity.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
NK is not gonna denuclearize. There won't be a deal or Trump is gonna take a bad one.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is Bolton actually going to be there? I figured they wouldn't want him anywhere near this, at this point.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happens it will be a shit show and the world be will worse for it. The incredible speed this was organized, its on/off nature, all the propaganda on both sides, Trump being Trump, the North Koreans likely not meeting any basic monitoring requirements, the fact that there's no 3rd party power there to moderate the deliberations, all of Trump's insane actions at G7, the list goes on and on. I highly doubt anything is formally signed and I suspect that following this tensions will only get higher as Trump becomes more and more frustrated that none of his "deals" have accomplished anything.

The only good thing that might come out of this is a McDonald's in Pyongyang where Ronald McDonald's hair is cut like Kim Jong Un's, which at least would be worth a laugh at the absurdity of it all

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting my money on this right now.
Democrats are gonna hate this deal, whatever it is
It's gonna be the Iran deal in reverse.
Screencap this!

Love people who treat policy and diplomacy like reality TV with a red team and a blue team