• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite character so far?

• Tanjiro!

Votes: 167 30.0%
  • Nezuko!

Votes: 150 26.9%
  • Zenitsu!

Votes: 78 14.0%
  • Inosuke!

Votes: 113 20.3%
  • Muzan!

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Giyuu Tomioka!

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 23 4.1%

• Total voters

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
This show is really good!!!!

f1fe5c7a43cb2f38f4152a58f89479821554508873_full.jpg

moP2WUe.jpg

Synopsis:

"During the Taisho era, man-eating demons inhabit the wildernesses of Japan. Young Tanjiro has assumed that tales of demons were legends until the day he returns from the village to find his widowed mother and younger siblings dead from a vicious attack. Only the sister closest in age to him, Nezuko, is still alive – but he quickly learns that she has been infected with demon blood and become a demon herself. Unwilling to give up on his younger sister, Tanjiro begins training to become a demon slayer – because if anyone knows the way to turn Nezuko human again, it's the monsters who turned her. "

It's weekly a Shounen Jump Manga. Read it for free at https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba

The hype man himself: Tanjiro Kamado

This guy reminds me so much of Deku (MHA) and Ichigo (Bleach). He is incredibly kind and respectful.

latest

Demon? Angel? Just don't forget this is Tanjiro's sister: Nezuko

latest

Cold as ice but has a warm heart: Giyū Tomioka

An easily scared guy but is a good person: Zenitsu Agatsuma
large.jpg

A very wild and powerful guy who wears a boar's mask to highlight his boastful personality. He's angry and he's proud: Inosuke Hashibira
d7f4b81cf004ac203da363398ed9cb1e8b2e6cd7.jpg

An incredibly powerful and mysterious demon that Tanjiro wants to destroy: Muzan Kibutsuji

Float like a butterfly, sting like a hyper venomous desert scorpion: Shinobu Kocho
latest

Studio: Ufotable
Music: Go Shiina
Character Design: Akira Matsushima
Genres: Action, Shounen, Historical, Demons, Supernatural

Air Time: Saturdays at 23:30 (JST) also known as 9:30 in CDT in America
Episode Count: 26 (HYPE)
Stream in US on Crunchyroll: https://www.crunchyroll.com/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba/episode-1-cruelty-782932

Stream in US on Funimation: https://www.funimation.com/shows/de...a/cruelty/simulcast/?a=1&qid=dedfad06cfb8ee1c

Stream in US on Hulu: https://www.hulu.com/series/demon-s...2c3e4b00-30d9-434d-bccc-cf346e40e868?dl=false

Oh, yeah… This is my first actual OT. I've helped with others on their own OT but this is my first actual OT. Thanks to Mendrox for helping me. I appreciate it. A Persona guy has made an anime OT… LET'S GO. Oh and I actually give a damn about this OT so I will be updating it and being incredibly active in this thread.

k823Mv.gif

original.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I read the manga during its jump start a while back and it didn't do much for me, but the first episode was really nice to look at (if trite). Will give it a shot.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Oh damn, I forgot this was getting an anime adaptation. The manga is awesome and hopefully this is as well. Is episode 1 out already?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I started reading the manga from the latest chapters when Shonen Jump US went free, so I actually haven't read anything these episodes will cover. I liked the first episode, so I'm looking forward to the rest.

Good job with the OT.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The manga is great and the anime is off to a strong start. I'm so glad this series is getting a worthy adaptation.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Oh damn, I forgot this was getting an anime adaptation. The manga is awesome and hopefully this is as well. Is episode 1 out already?
I started reading the manga from the latest chapters when Shonen Jump US went free, so I actually haven't read anything these episodes will cover. I liked the first episode, so I'm looking forward to the rest.

Good job with the OT.
The manga is great and the anime is off to a strong start. I'm so glad this series is getting a worthy adaptation.
ufotable going strong with their usual style, they have all the normals on staff too(kaijura, lisa, ect)
Oh damn. I didn't know this was a thing. Gonna check it out!

The first episode was so dang good that I had to make an OT. Lol I have no idea what's gonna happen in the story but man... I am sooo in this.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Err, Shounen is a demography. Even if using here as battle shounen, action is already there.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I remember reading this and kept up to date until chapter 50 or so and stopped reading because I ended up forgetting all about it. Episode 1cwas great. I might end up going back to the manga after a few episodes though.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The first episode was ok. But I will keep on watching it since I've been told the manga is also slow in the beginning.
So, I'm hooked (for now)

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I love the manga. It's an action shōnen through and through, and it's doing that very well. It's got a lot of funny moments and characters are also all very likeable.

The anime adaptation is also great so far. I love the colours, the character designs, the music, and the animation is really solid so far. The only negative about it is that we will have to wait almost two months for the GOAT Inosuke to be introduced.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
So I just watched the first episode. It's really good, but is it just me or does Tanjirou look a little tall in here compared the manga?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
You know, if there's one thing you need to add to the OP, it's the, well, OP. And a GIF of the rad water attack effects from it. It might be the visually coolest fighting style used by a shonen lead since Hyper Dying Will from Reborn.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
You know, if there's one thing you need to add to the OP, it's the, well, OP. And a GIF of the rad water attack effects from it. It might be the visually coolest fighting style used by a shonen lead since Hyper Dying Will from Reborn.

I can't wait until we see the breaths used outside of the opening. I love all the full page or double-pages moves in the manga.

Btw here are a few gifs from Sakugabooru:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
This thread title is blasphemy. Tanjirou is a much better protagonist than either Deku or Ichigo!

Need to catch the first episode still. I love this series.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm going to have to start watching this. I need another series to get hooked on.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is it just me or it feels like it's the final arc of the manga already?
things seem to be progressing really quickly
i enjoyed the series early on, now it's just whatever

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
That wasn't a particularly good pilot, but the promise of the weird stuff shown in the OP was enough to make me want to keep watching.

Dec 28, 2018
Glad to see that an OT was made for Kimetsu, ya did a good job on it. First episode was pretty damn great in my opinion and I'm really excited for whats to come next especially if they keep this level of quality throughout.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'm not gonna lie thanks for making this thread OP! I've been looking for an anime to watch and honestly browsing in here to see what this is about got me interested!

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
No lies detected. Tanjirō's great. He's kind hearted but not annoying, and just gets shit done.

Exactly. He's a legit good person and it comes off as genuine in the series. Dude was raised right.

I will say though, there is one aspect of the series that's heavily reminiscent of Bleach...

The Motherf'n Pillars.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018
Gonna jump on the bandwagon and also say Tanjiro is a great mc. From what I've read so far I've found him to be really likeable, he's just a super wholesome and good guy.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Some more preview images for the next episode. They don't contain any spoilers but I'll put them in a spoiler just in case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

I can't wait until we see the breaths used outside of the opening. I love all the full page or double-pages moves in the manga.

Btw here are a few gifs from Sakugabooru:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Added to the OP! I am a OP who cares! Lol

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks nice but seems very generic. I'll give it a few episodes more though, just because I loved the visuals. I gave Dullroro 8 eps before dropping it, so I'll prob give this one at least that much.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Err, Shounen is a demography. Even if using here as battle shounen, action is already there.

Yeah, yeah XD

I just hope all those Tax evasion charges at Ufotable won't affect this
Uhhhh... care to explain??

This thread title is blasphemy. Tanjirou is a much better protagonist than either Deku or Ichigo!

Need to catch the first episode still. I love this series.

I can't explain why but Tanji reminds me of Deku and Ichigo so much lol I've only seen one episode and I feel that way

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, now I'm really hooked. Episode 2 was really good.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Episode 2 was excellent. If they put that much effort into Tanjiro running through an obstacle course, I can't wait to see what ufotable does with some of the fight scenes later on.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2
It's sweet how much Tanjiro cares about his sister.

For a starting encounter, the demon fight was pretty well done.

That old man that has to find a successor is totally going to be only 40 or something, with this being anime.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Episode 2

Great episode, Tanjirou is just super wholesome and the show just looks and is animated so nicely.

Also, the ED shows Tanjirou and Nezuko's father.

I just love the colours.

Last edited: