• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
I've fallen off the Kinda Funny content quite a way back but I'll certainly give this a go to see how this iteration of the podcast turns out.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, that's basically modern day Tim, Greg and Nick
Nick does a lot of KF though. He's not super involved in KFG so I'd say that's alright.
Also I'm sure Greg, Tim and Nick have been busy getting this next evolution of KF going. This has got to be a massive undertaking.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Colin was the best part about KF - Sucks what happened.

If they bring Colin back, I will watch it for sure... and any of the KF stuff then.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I've fallen off the Kinda Funny content quite a way back but I'll certainly give this a go to see how this iteration of the podcast turns out.

Same on falling off.. The hosts were annoying(save for Gary Witta), and they seemed to not have a real opinion on anything. Also if it wasn't PlayStation or Nintendo there was a good chance they would get information wrong.. I was getting more frustrated listening to it than actually enjoying it..

I've wanted to listen and support them just due to their journey and everything, but it's just not been listenable for awhile now.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Not gonna lie, I did listen to Sacred Symbols for a little while for my Playstation news. I didnt really mind Colin for a little while. I thought maybe the stuff with him leaving KF was a little overblown at the time. There was one episode of his podcast where he and his cohost were actually complaining about ERA, and he just came across so goddamn whiney. I stopped listening right after that.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I feel off the KF wagon a year or so ago when Tim became too much to take. Will give this a listen as I enjoy listening to Greg usually, he just needs a good co-host and I think that's been lacking on the games side.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I can't imagine that Colin has much of a problem with it now that he has Sacred Symbols.
I can. He has a superiority complex about having "the greatest Playstation podcast in the world" and he would feel slighted by Kinda Funny, which has a bigger viewship than his own stuff, is relaunching their PS Exclusive show that he used to be a part of.

And he'll see that PS I Love You is a way better show than Sacred Symbols. At least, back when Colin and Greg did it, that was way better than what Colin is doing now with Chris Raygun. No offense to Raygun, dunno much about him, I just think the show's format is kinda meh.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Colin is killing it with Sacred Symbols, so it was only a matter of time Greg brought this back.
How many of you are there? His fans I mean. Most of the liked tweets in KFA announcement is about keeping the name is not right since it was a Colin and Greg thing…So Colin is still relevant? I know he did history stuff and then some side quest. I was glad to see his pateron numbers were made private once he lost a bunch of supporters years back. Did he gain all those back? Anyways, funny we still have so many Colin supporters in Era given how vile the man continues to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
To be fair, that's basically modern day Tim, Greg and Nick

Huh. I bailed on KF a long time ago because it was just too much. I can only take those dudes in very small, very limited quantities. And they've become the promotional guys. I don't like the sponsored deals, I don't think they sold out, but it kills the flow of content. They found a real niche for themselves and, unlike Colin, don't seem like shitty people. So good on them.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
How many of you are there? His fans I mean. Most of the liked tweets in KFA announcement is about keeping the name is not right since it was a Colin and Greg thing…So Colin is still relevant? I know he did history stuff and then some side quest. I was glad to see his pateron numbers were made private once he lost a bunch of supporters years back. Did he gain all those back? Anyways, funny we still have so many Colin supporters in Era given how vile the man continues to be.
He made them all back and then some. His Patreon is #31 in the world and he's at 7500 patrons currently.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idiot lives in Virginia now, he is essentially exiled from the game industry. He isn't relevant to Kinda Funny anymore, we don't need to talk about him.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Colin must hate this. That's how you know it's a great move.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll give it a chance but kind of fell off their content a few months ago and only listen occasionally.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
What is the source on his podcast being 'crazy successful'?
From a Patreon perspective it absolutely is. I can't speak for any other metric.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not a CLS Patron. I have occasionally checked in with him though out of interest. His podcast suffers from the same problem as all of KF did in his final year: his shockingly bad attitude about life in general.

Last edited:

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give it a chance but kind of fell off their content a few months ago and only listen occasionally.
I still listen to the Gamescast but found that they are doing so many different things that they all suffer. The Gamescast was a much better show when Colin was there not necessarily because of Colin but because each episode was based on one subject. I am happy to see that they are getting back to this.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay.

Can you explain why you think it's "fucked up" that they used the same name for the podcast as if Colin, a sexist and racist, deserves some sort of respect?
Because after the final episode of PS I Love You Xoxo they made it seem like they would retire the name? Yeah, it's that simple.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Because after the final episode of PS I Love You Xoxo they made it seem like they would retire the name? Yeah, it's that simple.

No. That didnt answer the question. You said it was "fucked up." That would only bother you if you think it was unfair to Colin. This became clear with your other comments in the thread.

Just day what you mean and stop dancing around it: you think they should be thinking of the feelings of the sexist and racist asshole for reasons.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I still listen to the Gamescast but found that they are doing so many different things that they all suffer. The Gamescast was a much better show when Colin was there not necessarily because of Colin but because each episode was based on one subject. I am happy to see that they are getting back to this.

Their only good gaming content is when Imran or Fran are involved considering they actually having differing opinions and will express them.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Their only good gaming content is when Imran or Fran are involved considering they actually having differing opinions and will express them.
Yes to Imran, no to Fran. He has differing opinions but he often can't figure out how to express them, leading to the discussion going around in circles. I was so excited about him joining KF and I've been pretty disappointed with his contributions so far.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
KF have two patreons between Kinda Funny and Kinda Funny Games which has 3,947 supporters. So, they still have more, but, not by much.
The assumption here is that there's little to no overlap between the main Kinda Funny Patreon and the Games-specific Patreon. Given that there's separate bonus content between each campaign, I don't think that assumption is valid. In terms of unique Patreon supporters, Colin is almost certainly bigger, and that's pretty much directly attributable to him launching a Playstation specific podcast. Kinda Funny following suit is a no-brainer in that light.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blessing is a good hire, he really gets along with everyone and brings some much needed diversity to the group. Also great that they are doing a playstation focused show again.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
No. That didnt answer the question. You said it was "fucked up." That would only bother you if you think it was unfair to Colin. This became clear with your other comments in the thread.

Just day what you mean and stop dancing around it: you think they should be thinking of the feelings of the sexist and racist asshole for reasons.

MrS Anything?

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully Greg will be challenged on the show. I never heard of the new host but i will give it a chance if the reports are good. The balance of the original show went when Colin left, discussion is good not shameless promotion. I couldn't hack Kinda Funny when it went full shill. At times it was parody.

Colin is a bit of a dickhead outside the podcast (I tend to ignore the other shite) but the show was the lesser without him. Taking the original PSILYXOXO in isolation he did raise interesting points (relating to gaming) at times.

The Voldamort nature by some here (don't mention his name) just needs to relax. Are some people seriously that insecure about him? The overreaction by some to ban him from one of the Cons lead to him getting more supporters. The Barbra Streisand effect. Just don't overreact and signal him.

Back on topic. Hopefully Greg realises what previously worked in the prior show and keep to it with its own twist. It needs to not be blinkered in positivity is all I'm saying. Good luck.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Really happy for them, this is a fantastic move and a great job hiring Blessing.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a smart move in a launch year.
exactly what i was thinking. we will see how long it lasts

ENYXZ8OUcAABNY4
Makes me think we will have a Sony show around the 20th of Feb.