• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm not a fan of blessing at all, he tanked the McGonagall gig when they were reviewing Harry Potter movies. I know, I'm petty

Sacred Symbols isn't that bad, it filled the PlayStation podcast void

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I never really liked Greg or any of the those other guys, always thought they were corny, so after Colin left and PS I Love You died, I stopped watching. I know people have their beefs with Colin but I thought he added a different dimension to their show. Plus I've always been biased towards him due to his love for JRPGs and Castlevania. Their shows reminded me a little of Skip and Shannon or First Take with SAS and Max. Take away Colin and it just was too damn corny for me.

photogazuk

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I may be missing something but I don't get the issue with Colin that people have? Can somebody explain?

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who Blessing is and checked out of the channel years ago, but I'll come back to try this out. Loved PS I Love You

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
That's fucked up. Greg and Colin agreed to kill it. By all means do a PS podcast but do you really have to use that name?

Yeah, I'm not gonna shed a tear for Colin here. He made his bed, and is laying in it (granted, it appears to be a very successful and lucrative bed where he just kinda occasionally stokes hate while talking about video games).

Let the brand live on with two more positive and kind people.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
One common thing I've noticed in this thread is how many people keep saying how they fell off from KF for various reasons. I did too. As of the past year or 2 it just feels like there's no real discussions, everybody agrees on everything, the hosts & co-hosts change way too much, so many forced jokes, and when it comes time for a real opinion they usually seem to just say everything is ok at worst.

DragonogarD

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (permanent): troll account
Given the fact that he is a sexist and a racist, could you explain why your response is what it is? Or was this just a drive-by post?
Repeating that someone is a sexist and racist doesn't make it fact. If just makes you come over as someone with a bone to pick. Maybe even somewhat insecure about your own thoughts and ideas about the subject you claim the other to be.

Colin ain't no Saint, but who is? Not that it even matters in this black/white nothing in the middle culture bubble some live in. Enjoy the content you like and leave the ones you don't.

On topic though... I like the more focused podcasts and a playstation centric one is nice to have. Looking forward to the cast and I'll check the first few to see if it's something that sticks for me.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Andrea Renee still involved? I dropped off of their content last year because of her.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Repeating that someone is a sexist and racist doesn't make it fact. If just makes you come over as someone with a bone to pick. Maybe even somewhat insecure about your own thoughts and ideas about the subject you claim the other to be.

Colin ain't no Saint, but who is? Not that it even matters in this black/white nothing in the middle culture bubble some live in. Enjoy the content you like and leave the ones you don't.

It's funny how one could replace Trump for Colin and you'd be word for word what some of those crazies think.

I may be missing something but I don't get the issue with Colin that people have? Can somebody explain?

This is the reason why he quit. I leave it to you to look at his behavior since then and the people that he encourages.

IceBringer

Oct 25, 2017

On topic though... I like the more focused podcasts and a playstation centric one is nice to have. Looking forward to the cast and I'll check the first few to see if it's something that sticks for me.
Lmao. Colin is a piece of shit

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the guy who tried to equate himself to james gunn isnt involved I'm in.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed that podcast before the departure. I'm looking for to it's return, regardless of feelings.

ry-dog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no ones career I'd enjoy watching implode more than Colin's, guy deserves nothing but failure. Him and his Co-host

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm looking forward to this since I could use a new PS podcast. IGN's Beyond got its bearings eventually after KF formed, but has been really inconsistent in quality compared to their other gaming podcasts.

I've never heard of Blessing, and fell off KF after they shelved PSILY since I wasn't a big fan of their other content.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm looking forward to this since I could use a new PS podcast. IGN's Beyond got its bearings eventually after KF formed, but has been really inconsistent in quality compared to their other gaming podcasts.

I've never heard of Blessing, and fell off KF after they shelved PSILY since I wasn't a big fan of their other content.
Blessing is talented. I'm truly excited by him being involved but I'm worried they are going to minimize his ability to do anything like Barrett. Barrett is INCREDIBLY talented, and like Andy, they bench him for the most part and it's sad

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
There's no ones career I'd enjoy watching implode more than Colin's, guy deserves nothing but failure. Him and his Co-host
As others have said he is doing very well. He is even releasing a game on ps4 and vita this year. I don't agree with his politics so basically ignore him apart from his playstation podcast and the nostalgia one he does with his brother.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Bizarre podcast name but I think a PlayStation-focused podcast is a good fit for Kinda Funny
Just checked real quick; according to grapheon, Kinda Funny is ranked 101st with 4115 Patreon supporters and Colin is rated 31st with 7500 Patreon supporters. Not surprised they're going back to the well.
There is no justice

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Blessing is talented. I'm truly excited by him being involved but I'm worried they are going to minimize his ability to do anything like Barrett. Barrett is INCREDIBLY talented, and like Andy, they bench him for the most part and it's sad

It actually sounds like Games Daily is going to be Blessing's show, based on how they're wording things on the stream. So I don't think we have to worry about his talent being minimized. Sounds like they're giving him a literal daily outlet for it.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
It actually sounds like Games Daily is going to be Blessing's show, based on how they're wording things on the stream. So I don't think we have to worry about his talent being minimized. Sounds like they're giving him a literal daily outlet for it.
I'm not wrong about my concerns though right? They do this thing where they get LOTS of talent but they have them do 1 or 2 things and leave them out of the rest. I want Barrett to be a staple part of the show. Not just a "LOL KEVIN UR SO GOOFY" participant. And that's all he's been. His tweets make up for it but that's not enough for me

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It will never be the same, regardless of CM personality and beliefs he and GM simply had chemistry, they were great together, it is very difficult to find that when making entertainment content.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm not wrong about my concerns though right? They do this thing where they get LOTS of talent but they have them do 1 or 2 things and leave them out of the rest. I want Barrett to be a staple part of the show. Not just a "LOL KEVIN UR SO GOOFY" participant. And that's all he's been. His tweets make up for it but that's not enough for me

I dunno, to be honest. I'm fairly new to the community. Watched here and there but jumped in deep this summer.

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Interesting changes. I personally stopped watching a little bit after they got the new studio. The old spare room days were golden and it never seemed to top that. I never missed an episode of the live show back when they were still in the spare room.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Colin phoned it in even before he left, so I'm not sure why everyone is praising his podcasting abilities. Colin and Greg were basically just spinning wheels since they left Podcast Beyond.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm also wondering is why are they still in San Francisco? Damn near everybody that was with them from Colin to Andrea, that once they left KF they bounced elsewhere. It's still expensive as fuck out here and running a business big or small in the bay area is crazy talk less of any type of commuting situation. San Francisco is just a place where your money takes you half as far.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Stop this, thats not true.

twulhw4djcoz.jpg

tGcuYcW.png

Do you have a counterpoint as to why he is not sexist or racist? I'll wait.

Last edited:

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Always found the "best friend" thing super cringey. "You're not just fans, you're our best friends" like nerd juggalos.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (permanent): dismissing bigotry, prior severe infractions
Great, I can use another good PS podcast

He is all of those things. Get out of here with your trash post stating otherwise.

twulhw4djcoz.jpg

925c.png

A25c.png

B25c.png

Do you have a counterpoint as to why he is not sexist or racist? I'll wait.

The womens day joke was in poor taste but, he was being sarcastic and teasing his GF. As for this...

rac·ism

noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

It sucks that every KF thread on here has to go this way.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The womens day joke was in poor taste but, he was being sarcastic and teasing his GF. As for this...

rac·ism

noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized." Heres a definition too source is oxford dictionary. This fits.
And I have a statement which is 100% racist but your definition wouldnt cover it ala this dumb ass example for a dumb ass definition you highlighted "Blacks are better at sports than whites and asians" and it cant be racist because I'm not stating that my own race is superior :/.... I cant believe I had to post that ignorant racist sentence to prove this dumbass highlight as dumb and ignorant.
2020 has a great start with with this post <_<

Last edited:

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017

rac·ism

noun

Truly low level thinking.

Oct 25, 2017

rac·ism

noun

Why frame your argument around a definition that isn't sourced? You can solicit any definition from anywhere to prove your point.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

For a second there I was starting to feel a little bit of that "live and let live" sentiment toward Colin. However, hearing that Chris Ray Gun is his cohost really emphasizes that this dude has only gotten worse. What a fucking shitshow.

You can't have a show cohosted by Chris Ray Gun and not be a misogynist.

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
Why does every ardent defender of this guy always start every argument with "Curious, why do you..." And "care to provide some examples?" His fans come to his defense hard everytime because he's conditioned them by playing victim at every chance. Hell, some have already tried to bait him to talk shit about KF on twitter because of the news. They get a kick out of seeing Colin "owning the libs". Between this and his superiority complex, it's no surprise he has so many fans. He loves to brag. How many times does the guy have to mention that he owns a business. Or is going to buy a house. Oddly, I've noticed the loudest ones on twitter seem to be not from the States. So perhaps they don't know how his attitude sucks in today's political climate.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I hope this is good. The first time around it devolved into repeating the same things every episode because they had nothing of value to talk about.
He lives rent free inside the head of many ResetEra users. I think he's doing ok.
Does he though? The only time he's talked about is when some Colin super fan brings him up in threads about a company he quit years ago. Seems more likely his fans just can't move on.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Yeah it's just a coincidence that Colin is part of a party that is 99% white dudes. It's just a coincidence he partners with a dude who thinks Blue Lives Matter is equivalent to Black Lives Matter and parrots "All Lives Matter" all the damn time. You're either incredibly ignorant or being purposefully obtuse. Either way, stop. You and yours are the reasons these threads get derailed. Stop caping for assholes.