• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
As a general reminder to the entire thread.

The first person to even mention Colin's name is one of his defenders. No one was talking about the guy until MrS brought him up in this thread and then MrS replied later that Colin lives rent free in Era's head.

lolol wut.

Does he though? The only time he's talked about is when some Colin super fan brings him up in threads about a company he quit years ago. Seems more likely his fans just can't move on.
The person you are quoting literally was the first person to bring Colin up in this thread. So it is quite astonishing that the poster would state that Colin lives in Era's head.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Wish it was Greg and a classic Podcast Beyond cohort (Ryan Clements or Goldfarb). I still laugh like crazy whenever I remember Clements describing how he learned to rollerblade in a dream.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
There are other PS-centric podcasts out there. PS Blogcast and the OG, Podcast Beyond are also options if you're looking for PlayStation podcasts.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
There are other PS-centric podcasts out there. PS Blogcast and the OG, Podcast Beyond are also options if you're looking for PlayStation podcasts.
Oh god, how is podcast beyond? The last time I saw any IGN content one of the hosts was talking about how they thought the wii u was a wii accessory but that was "long before they followed games" and I realized maybe I'm old.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed that people who look back at PSILYXOXO with fond memories are forgetting that Colin spent half the show talking about how little interest he had in playing games. The other half he spent calling the PS4 Pro an unforced error.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, how is podcast beyond? The last time I saw any IGN content one of the hosts was talking about how they thought the wii u was a wii accessory but that was "long before they followed games" and I realized maybe I'm old.
It's mediocre if you are looking for a podcast with people passionate for Playstation. It's fine if you want a podcast simply discussing Playstation-centric topics.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

It's ok. Some episodes are better than others. It really depends on who they have on the show that week.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Agreed that people who look back at PSILYXOXO with fond memories are forgetting that Colin spent half the show talking about how little interest he had in playing games. The other half he spent calling the PS4 Pro an unforced error.
I feel like there was like 9 weeks in a row where one of the reader questions was "colin and greg, do you think PSVR will be a success" and then Greg would be like "see that's an interesting question right...and here's the thing...yadda yadda yadda.... rigamarole....inside baseball" I would always point this out and laugh about it with my friends, and then the next Tuesday would come and it'd happen again! And then colin would talk about mega man.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I feel like there was like 9 weeks in a row where one of the reader questions was "colin and greg, do you think PSVR will be a success" and then Greg would be like "see that's an interesting question right...and here's the thing...yadda yadda yadda.... rigamarole....inside baseball" I would always point this out and laugh about it with my friends, and then the next Tuesday would come and it'd happen again! And then colin would talk about mega man.
I do find that funny that people seem to get the idea that they were rara cheerleaders when all they did for a large portion of that show was shit on the pro ect lol

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Stopped watching KF when Colin left since I felt the original magic was no longer there, but I'll come back for this. Never heard of Blessing before but I'm sure he'll kill it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is Andrea Renee still involved? I dropped off of their content last year because of her.
I haven't watched KF's stuff regularly in some time, but she's no longer a regular. Not sure if she's still on every now and then though.

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
I know resterera loves to hate Colin, but I really miss his dynamic with Greg. They put on a good show together. I'm not going to listen to this one, but I wish Greg the best.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Very cool, psxoxo was great.

I can live without Colin especially when it was clear he was losing it near the end.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yea i have been kinda wondering that to, i know what they mean by sexiest but what has he been racist about?
saw the intl womens tweet

what was the racist one?

twulhw4djcoz.jpg

tGcuYcW.png

Do you have a counterpoint as to why he is not sexist or racist? I'll wait.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
I was just trying to show you the racist tweets that were posted
And i say thanks for that i'm talking about this part "Do you have a counterpoint as to why he is not sexist or racist? I'll wait. " I just saw people calling him that i knew about the sexiest post but never saw the other so i wanted to know before i also take the viewpoint that he was

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
It's a strange situation. I think it's unlikely that a PlayStation podcast will capture the heights of Greg/Colin/Ryan/Andrew on Beyond or even Greg/Colin on PSILY because the chemistry was just insane, but you couldn't pay me to listen to a podcast with Colin on it now, after all his shit. The new PSILY will unfairly be held to that standard by fans no matter what.

I'm more curious about what this podcast will even be about seeing as how Greg doesn't play that many games anymore. Blessing is going to have to come up huge to make this worth listening to.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Yo can Colin stop being mentioned his not been relevant for years.

My issue with with kf is never disagree they just poiletly acknowledge eachother points and move along with no real discussion being had

Oct 25, 2017
Is Andrea Renee still involved? I dropped off of their content last year because of her.

tbh same, but recently found out that she's moved on and i'm getting back into their stuff. it was always tough to watch episodes of their shows where she would be visibly bored/disappointed/confused whenever anything she wasn't interested in was brought up. seems like they've added a few cool new faces so i'm happy about it all.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I tried getting into Kinda Funny shortly after the Colin guy left but.... Nick was pretty funny but the others annoyed me to varying degrees.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. Resetera is never more tiresome to me than when KF comes up.

Whatever. Good for Blessing! I'm glad to have a black face at Kinda Funny and I LOVED the episode he did with Xavier Woods. Can't wait to see that show and the others they have planned.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
And i say thanks for that i'm talking about this part "Do you have a counterpoint as to why he is not sexist or racist? I'll wait. " I just saw people calling him that i knew about the sexiest post but never saw the other so i wanted to know before i also take the viewpoint that he was
In case you haven't realized yet, that "counterpoint" sentence wasn't directed at you. That was in the original ZeroVGM post that Spectromixer was just quoting because it happened to have the Colin tweets/posts you were asking about

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Not really a fan of Colin anymore but he gelled well with Greg and he had a strong appreciation for some genres Greg lacked (specifically JRPGs). Hoping this new guy can bring that to the table minus all the baggage Colin had.

Edit: I also wanted to add that it's a bit weird to see some people upset about them still using the name. I seem to remember Colin's last stream with them where he specifically says that he hoped they would continue it. Greg was the one that saw no way to keep it going without him.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Might have to check it out, but will definitely keep my expectations in check.

I fell of the KF wagon even before Colin left but it was mainly because it just felt like the whole GoG venture got too big for it's britches and they seemed like they were trying to turn it into some kind of network or something. I dunno, just really rubbed me the wrong way. I guess I just realized a lot of the reasons I watched at all was because it felt like a home-grown thing some dudes did for fun in their living room and were good enough at it to do it full time. Then they kept getting bigger and trying to expand and change up the business.

Oh well. Hope it's good, and glad Andrea isn't full time there anymore.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018

It's okay. It's had so many iterations since Colin and Greg left. Way more than it had while they were still there.

It's better than it was with Marty as a regular, but it's very dependent on who is there. Brian and Max are always great, so as long as they're on together it'll be relatively fun.

Jonathan Dornbush is the host and while he's still got a ways to go to be as good at facilitating conversations as say, a Kyle Bosman or Daemon Hatfield, he tries his best and is constantly improving.

Janet Garcia is a frequent guest who makes every episode she's on better. She's on Gamescoop a fair bit as well. She's very knowledgeable and seems to be excited about video games which is honestly kinda rare in a pretty jaded industry.

Lucy episodes aren't my favorite, because while she's very intelligent, I also feel like I'm being talked down to with her, and she feels very jaded about games and the industry which can be a bit of a bummer.

In short, it's a serviceable way to hear about PlayStation. Doesn't have the depth or knowledge of any of the Colin and/or Greg PlayStation podcasts, but it's worth a listen once and a while.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Didn't realize Kinda Funny was still a thing.

I wonder if we'll get great content about chicken wings again. It was so good before!

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
saw the intl womens tweet

what was the racist one?

He tried to deny the existence of systemic racism. Which is pretty milquetoast racism, but it is nonetheless extremely insidious and harmful. It is that casual conservative style of racism, so it lacks a lot of the invective, but it is racism nonetheless.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Yea i have been kinda wondering that to, i know what they mean by sexiest but what has he been racist about?
It's pretty racist and offensive to say where's white supremacy and basically claim racism doesn't really exist in the United States by listing a bunch of stereotypical, blanket, false bullshit about Asians.

Remember that he and his cohost mock black lives matter and this comment was not so subtly directed at black people and other minorities' claims of systemic racism in the US.

Even if all the shit he said about Asians doing well and living longer (lol) was all true what does that have to do with if there is a racism problem in white America? Do we Asians only live longer and do well (according to Colin) but by the grace of white people or something? So therefore if we are doing well that means white people can't possibly be racist because they allow us to thrive or some shit?

Last edited:

Gallows Bat

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Eurgh. The whole reason beyond and ps i love you were great because of how different colin and greg were and how they complimented each other.

Now they're both going to have podcasts with people who pretty much just agree with 90% of what they have to say while having a tenth of the knowledge on playstation. And I'm saying that as someone who likes sacred symbols.

Will give it a go but I'll always miss those two together.

Edit: Also this thread isn't here for you all to rage about Colin. It's really sad how even a mention of him seems to get some people here into a frothing rage. Control yourselves, jesus.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
just want to say when the other member was kicked out, I thought I would enjoy their content less since despite beign a downer and his controversial views, it felt like he was the most down to earth of them all... but almost immediately as he left, it felt as though they all grew up from that experience and their content has been massively improving ever since. Only thing I never liked were Andrea and Jared episodes, those were hard skips for me, but as of right now, I really like them. And Gary is the fucking king.

Their movies review kinda suck though hahaha, if they are going to actual review movies, they should either watch more or simply get more educated on films in general, At least Kevin should, since it seems like they are kinda his shows, him saying Rise of Skywalker found clever ways to outdo the Last Jedi was so ridiculous even Tim called it out hahah.

Regardless, I am excited. These guys and the Easy Allies have proven Patreon can go right.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
just want to say when the other member was kicked out, I thought I would enjoy their content less since despite beign a downer and his controversial views, it felt like he was the most down to earth of them all... but almost immediately as he left, it felt as though they all grew up from that experience and their content has been massively improving ever since. Only thing I never liked were Andrea and Jared episodes, those were hard skips for me, but as of right now, I really like them. And Gary is the fucking king.

Their movies review kinda suck though hahaha, if they are going to actual review movies, they should either watch more or simply get more educated on films in general, At least Kevin should, since it seems like they are kinda his shows, him saying Rise of Skywalker found clever ways to outdo the Last Jedi was so ridiculous even Tim called it out hahah.

Regardless, I am excited. These guys and the Easy Allies have proven Patreon can go right.
KFAF is the best non gaming podcast on the internet right now. The dynamic between Nick and Andy is so good, everything they do is funny

photogazuk

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory false equivalence surrounding bigotry
I'm mixed race Asian myself and I can't believe the hate towards Colin or his co-host Chris. The replies and labelling him as a "piece of shit" goes lower than anything he's said himself.

I listen to the show because his strong opinions on the industry and don't agree with a lot of his general views but it's about hearing strong views and then making your own decisions. The world has gone PC mad that somebody can only say something (even in jest) and it's taken to an extreme. So, it looks like a certain group of haters have caused them to be blanked by studios or removed from PAX.

If you don't like Colin then don't listen to him, it's that simple or just say so but to use hateful terms or belittling people with how they have defended him is pretty poor in itself.

Anyway back to topic. In terms of Kinda Funny, it's good to see the return of the Playstation Podcast. I like Kinda Funny too, it's informative and entertaining. It's a shame they lost some of the their guest hosts (Andrea Renee and Jared Petty), but Gary Whitta is awesome.

Last edited:

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
people listening to IGN's Playstation "I don't know who owns Demons Souls" Podcast must be very desperate
the podcast exists out of necessity rather than being driven people who really give a shit about Playstation
Sometime I wonder why Lucy, Max and Brian even bother