• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I'd like to see KFGD be retired and have them do PSILY - Nintendo Show - Xbox Show - PC or indie show? - Gamescast. Dedicate each one to once a week and that's Monday to Friday covered without running the risk of repeating news or discussion.

I prefer a multi-plat show to splitting everything out like that; having separate platform-exclusive shows feel like a very decade-ago thing to do. The only reason PSILY even exists is because of it's legacy in Beyond; I don't think KF would do platform-exclusive shows otherwise.

I don't think KFGD needs to be daily though, I'm surprised they didn't move to Monday/Wednesday/Friday or something. You could have a weekly schedule that's like KFGD, PSILY, KFGD, Gamescast, KFGD. That seems a lot more manageable than what they're doing now.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
yet you can ba with multiple hours of mindsweeper. Ha. Fucking dork
RbgYhzI.gif

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This is my first time pledging on Patreon. I consume a decent amount of KFs content and that studio can't be cheap so I'll gladly toss a few bucks their way

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Wasn't it tradition for big news to break immediately after Beyond/PSILY was recorded?

Seems like they nailed it from episode one of the reboot...

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the 104 PSN Games Ranked segment sounds cool to me and I dig the idea and am excited! But when I first heard it my immediate thought was "Oh nice 104 more games Kinda Funny won't finish" LOL

Oct 28, 2017
Stoked to see PSILY back, as I've missed having a regular PS focused podcast to listen to. I've not watched much KF content recently, so I'm not too familiar with Blessing, but he seem like a nice guy and a good addition to the KF team.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
So what do you guys think of the ep!

Thought it was a good 2 hours. I like Blessings' angle of wanting to catch up on the PS4 exclusives. He seems to be tackling the role of "learning playstation" in a way that's sorta interesting since everyone else who's come to KF are already known industry people who already are what they are.

Oct 25, 2017
So what do you guys think of the ep!

Thought it was a good 2 hours. I like Blessings' angle of wanting to catch up on the PS4 exclusives. He seems to be tackling the role of "learning playstation" in a way that's sorta interesting since everyone else who's come to KF are already known industry people who already are what they are.

Kinda expected someone who takes over psily to be a hardcore Ps gamer.
The fact that he has to catch up kinda turned me off a bit.
Didn't finish the episode yet, but I would have preferred someone knowledgeable about everything playstation.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that they seriously debated whether or not the PS5 would have disc backwards compatibility for PS4 games.

They are ridiculously uninformed to make that a discussion.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I really loved PSILY. I'm not totally sure how long it can be sustained, given how quickly the original show turned into Greg literally saying the same things every episode while his cohost sat there in bored silence. I actually think Blessing needing to catch up is what's going to save this show from getting stale. I like that it's not just two people with vast amounts of PlayStation knowledge.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Sony already confirmed full PS4 BC and disc support. They were getting confused at wording.

I always thought that had never actually been confirmed first-hand? I thought it was confusion between rumours, what people want and then using Spider-Man as an example in that first Wired article?

I mean it probably will be BC (them keeping the light bar and touch pad sort of confirm it) but I always thought it was never 100% confirmed at this stage?

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that had never actually been confirmed first-hand? I thought it was confusion between rumours, what people want and then using Spider-Man as an example in that first Wired article?

I mean it probably will be BC (them keeping the light bar and touch pad sort of confirm it) but I always thought it was never 100% confirmed at this stage?
What they got confused about is later Sony stated that they were doing tests to ensure that every game worked on PS5, basically making sure that there weren't any odd one off compatibility issues with PS4 games. No backwards compatibility system, even hardware based, is 100% compatible (even the GBC had trouble with a few GB games). Hardware based usually leaves it at 99%, Sony is just working to add more .9s to that percentage.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I think the current lingering question about PS4 backwards compatibility on PS5 is less about "will it happen," and more about "to what extent will it happen". Cerny (or at least I think it was Cerny; it's been a while) said last year that the PS5 will be able to play PS4 games and Spider-Man was used as an example, but later in the year, Sony said they were investigating whether or not all PS4 games would be playable.

EDIT: SG-17 addressed this like five seconds before I posted lmao. Oops.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Ah right got it!

In regards to PSILY, I enjoyed the first episode and I'm willing to give it time but I'm worried it's all going to end up feeling a bit "Scrubs season 9" with a new cast trying to recapture the past glory.

Also we're two days in and we've already had the first case of "we'll save this discussion for another show" on KFGD and I think that's going to be a really frequent thing from now on.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus they can't legally say "full total BC" or else it leaves them open to lawsuits for the one guy who finds the one weird-ass situation where something doesn't work.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the first new episode back! Definitely missed Greg talking at length about PlayStation.

Something that impressed me about Blessing is that he seems interested in doing his homework and actively wanting to be a good PlayStation podcast host. I can't wait to see where the show is in a couple months!

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Have they said anything about Whitta? Is he just off this week or are Whitta Wednesdays done now with Blessing coming in?

Edit: also congrats Imran. Slowly taking over the Internet; KF, IGN and now Waypoint.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just call it Gamescast and then a title or the date, he's resetting the number because it got too high but it'll just get high again