• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at Tim playing Lighting Reacts. He legit looks like he's about to burst into tears.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is KF bigger than before without Colin? Just wondering how it's looked on streams and in comments now? I only listen to the podcast and remember their youtube videos being flooded with negativity when he left

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
It's smaller. Their patreon took a big hit. However most of the idiots left with Colin. So the negativity while there is not from the community

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Not to their previous levels
0bf4d363-86c5-4afa-85bgscf.png

3d4200c7-7821-4a8f-94v3sb7.png

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like a huge drop but I don't know how they can sustain a company of that size in SF with that much money from Patreon. I wonder how much they rake in from advertisements.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
So the negativity while there is not from the community
I wish that were the case. I routinely see comments on YouTube and Reddit that KF is too PC and they need to stop catering to women and minorities. Fifteen different people jumped on me the other day for pointing out that maybe Nick's usage of "takes balls" referring to women being brave for coming out with assault stories was accidentally tone deaf.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish that were the case. I routinely see comments on YouTube and Reddit that KF is too PC and they need to stop catering to women and minorities. Fifteen different people jumped on me the other day for pointing out that maybe Nick's usage of "takes balls" referring to women being brave for coming out with assault stories was accidentally tone deaf.
Was he referring to Dragon Balls by any chance?

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem like a huge drop but I don't know how they can sustain a company of that size in SF with that much money from Patreon. I wonder how much they rake in from advertisements.

I am guessing they make a bit from ads, and they have apparel sales as well.

And agreed, KF is 10 times better since Colin left. Much more positive and you know, they only have people now who actually care about games.

That and it got us Danny O Dwyer, KFGD, Andrea Rene and Gary Whitta on their content.

Mark Freeman

Oct 31, 2017
Kent, UK

Twitch and in particular Amazon Prime twitch subs has been a big increase in reveune around the same time this happened. though think tips would be down due to the morning show being shorter and tip not getting as much time as they used to.

However the Extra life was not as much as last year, this may have been the 2 hours they went of the rails and told ghost stories and were not doing any of the fundraising things. Also KF3 numbers were down from KFL2.

Personally follow both still and hate what it has done to the community but was probably for the best of both parties if Colins heart was no longer full into it/had different plans for the future.

Also love that they don't clear the PS best friend properly as read mine twice in a week lol

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
We'll likely not (for good reason) see Vince Ingenito appear on any KF content any time soon. (Context: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex...allie-plagge-and-then-blamed-her-for-it.5395/)

IGN should really be taken to task for this. I'm now really glad they didn't try to hire him after he was laid off from IGN. I was someone who thought he would've been a good hire. He never seemed like that type of person, though.

I wonder if it will be brought up on on KFGD on Monday. I think Greg (maybe it was Colin) helped bring him into IGN. I hope Greg doesn't feel like he should regret IGN hiring Vince.

Last edited:

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I wonder if it will be brought up on on KFGD on Monday. I think Greg (maybe it was Colin) helped bring him into IGN. I hope Greg doesn't feel like he should regret IGN hiring Vince.
It's impossible to always know when someone will act this way. Greg understands that, I'm sure.

The good news is it won't be super reactionary because over the weekend there will have been enough time for things to shake down. I imagine they'll acknowledge it, apologize to any who got hurt, and reinforce that it's not okay to harass women. It's unfortunately boilerplate at this point.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
As a follow-up, Vince responded on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Vincogneato/status/929173459019665409

I won't embed it, because it's a multi-tweet thing (like 12 tweets in total).

I typically ignore explanations/apologies, but he genuinely seems sorry, though I know that's probably naive of me.

Edit- Wait. He says out of respect he won't post pics of a chat where she seemed to accept his apology, then goes ahead and does it minutes later? That's... odd.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Greg super briefly mentioned the accusations today because apparently most of the employees at IGN are on strike until they issue a statement. Greg said they'll probably cover the story tomorrow.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Greg super briefly mentioned the accusations today because apparently most of the employees at IGN are on strike until they issue a statement. Greg said they'll probably cover the story tomorrow.
Oh good. I checked the timestamps and didn't see that story and was disappointed. I'm glad they are not avoiding this story considering they know both parties.

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Greg's dismissal of the micro-transaction issue is getting me really frustrated. The point isn't that you can still unlock things in gameplay - it's the perception change you get when you offer the product for sale. It devalues gameplay and actually ruins the sense of reward. These discussions are frustrating because these people have the power to influence the industry in positive ways, and instead they are taking the devil's advocate side of understanding "they need to make money" which does not help the cause of the consumers who are viewing their content.

Edit: I wrote this a few hours ago because I was feeling very annoyed listening to the podcast. I unsubscribed from the podcast since then, but thought my posted was too inflamed so edited out that bit.

Last edited:

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to say how great of addition Andrea Rene has been. The fact that they have someone who says "I have an obligation to play other games" and does is something they really needed.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Agreed. I love her so much.

That's a fair opinion, but keep in mind that different people have a different idea of what devalues gameplay. Like I happen to think trophies are gross, and it's boring to me whenever a story about them comes up.
Of course. And even on this subject they are entitled to feeling the way they do. I just thought sounding my discontent with the situation was worth it for the discussion. Personally I will take a break from their content just because this topic gets me worked up and some topics just don't deserve a devil's advocate. I'll come back eventually as they are all good people and the podcast is fun.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say how great of addition Andrea Rene has been. The fact that they have someone who says "I have an obligation to play other games" and does is something they really needed.
Andrea and Andy have been great additions, along with their guests and other co-hosts like Gary and Danny. It can't be stated enough how much their content improved with the Dailies and Gamescast restructure.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Of course. And even on this subject they are entitled to feeling the way they do. I just thought sounding my discontent with the situation was worth it for the discussion. Personally I will take a break from their content just because this topic gets me worked up and some topics just don't deserve a devil's advocate. I'll come back eventually as they are all good people and the podcast is fun.
Oh it's absolutely worth it to sound your discontent. As long as nobody's being cruel about it, and people are arguing in good faith.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I became a Patron half a year ago and I have to say I'm really enjoying Kinda Funny Games Daily. keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Mark Freeman

Oct 31, 2017
Kent, UK
Loved Andrea and Gary hosting KFGD, Gary is really turning into a great addition he really does not pull his punches also Congrats to Andrea on the trending Gamer Nod, let show our might and get this for her, Steven Spohn is a great shout too but need to focus our votes, hope she is writing her speak though act to follow after Gregs speach, also hopes she thanks Greg last to keep the joke going lol

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I got something started here. If you didn't know, Abby is one of the newer hires at Giant Bomb. She has some really funny back and forths with Greg and Gen on Twitter. She'll be in SF for GB's GOTY's in mere weeks. I asked if she (along with Dan Ryckert) will stop by KF. Well, the Kinda Funny account responded with this:

(Dan Ryckert liked their response)

Edit- This is probably my most popular tweet ever. So many notifications!

Last edited: