• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't see any way that somebody could legitimately react to that announcement in this way, even if they were a hardcore Persona fan. Reacting like this without ever having touched a single Persona game is either fake or incredibly embarrassing.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Tim's just playing up to his character... and they need to have at least one "hype" moment for each event.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see any way that somebody could legitimately react to that announcement in this way, even if they were a hardcore Persona fan. Reacting like this without ever having touched a single Persona game is either fake or incredibly embarrassing.
It's fake as hell, let's be honest.

If I was Andy I'd be pissed as fuck.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
That is some good easy advertising for them, I mean they always have they're laptops open and infront of them for various shows.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Tim's hype there was hilarious, and a nice move from Razer. With the KF Games showcase tomorrow I think this is truly the peak of Kinda Funny so far. Only up from here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Thursday Morning Show was the funniest and best Morning Show for absolutely ages

GreySquirrel

Oct 27, 2017
OK was slightly disappointed I wouldnt be able to watch the showcase live coz I'd invited some friends over tonight (I'm in the UK) but they are being unsocial gits so I'm now back on board! Only started listening to Kinda Funny about this time last year but they have become a staple of my morning routine.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Not gonna lie, I got a kick out of Greg being announced as a DLC playable character for Guacamelee! 2, a game literally everybody at Kinda Funny has refused to touch despite it being one of the best of the year.

Overall, I enjoyed the showcase. Saw a lot of new and neat indie games that are now on my radar for 2019.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

The reaction was not because of the fact Tim is a fan of the character. When Sakurai posted his tweet saying Nintendo decided the smash DLC characters people where worried that meant we would get more safe characters. Characters like Goomba or Spike. The fact that they are starting with joker, someone that no one expected is a big deal. Everything is possible and that's extremely exciting.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the showcase was great. Sleek, fun and some really sweet looking games in there. An excellent job all round!

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I finally listened to the Kinda Funny daily of Monday. I absolutely disagree with the people complaining about the unlocking of characters in Smash.

If the game had started with all of the characters unlocked I probably would have picked up Ike or Young link and never tried out other characters. Because my favorite characters weren't there at the start I tried out different characters and now I'm loving the Inklings.

Sakurai once said that if a racing game gives you hundreds of cars to start with you probably only pick one or two cars to play with. I think he's absolutely right.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally listened to the Kinda Funny daily of Monday. I absolutely disagree with the people complaining about the unlocking of characters in Smash.

If the game had started with all of the characters unlocked I probably would have picked up Ike or Young link and never tried out other characters. Because my favorite characters weren't there at the start I tried out different characters and now I'm loving the Inklings.

Sakurai once said that if a racing game gives you hundreds of cars to start with you probably only pick one or two cars to play with. I think he's absolutely right.

I think it should have had the option to unlock all right away. That way people could choose what they want.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. As someone who mainly plays smash for the single player, I probably wouldn't have gotten the game if there weren't character unlocks. I would've even preferred having to unlock some of the stages and more of the music lol.

But an option for some people to unlock everyone wouldve been nice. I just would hate for it to be all or nothing.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Listening to the latest KFGD and does anyone else find the whole new games/new dates/deals of the day section of the show completely pointless? To me it's always just Greg listing off a bunch of names and I tend to totally drift out during it... I literally listened this morning and couldn't tell you one game, date or deal that was mentioned (the fact it leads right into the ads doesn't help).

Anyone else feel this way?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the latest KFGD and does anyone else find the whole new games/new dates/deals of the day section of the show completely pointless? To me it's always just Greg listing off a bunch of names and I tend to totally drift out during it... I literally listened this morning and couldn't tell you one game, date or deal that was mentioned (the fact it leads right into the ads doesn't help).

Anyone else feel this way?
Almost always, but they did mention a good microSD deal the other day I jumped on.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe having all characters unlocked from the start, was a huge bummer.
Unlocking the characters in Ultimate is one of my fav things about the game, so so glad.