• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Catching up on yesterday's Games Daily, and I just cannot stand Gary Whitta; he's like a version of Colin without the extensive knowledge. It's just all curmudgeon with nothing else to offset it. He literally complained that there have been 4 Star Wars movies released compared to 2 games as if making a video game is as easy and quick as making a fucking movie. Does he want EA to shit out crappy tie-ins multiple times a year? Radical idea, but EA might have cancelled these games because they were a dumpster fire. Dude also plays fewer games than any of the Gamescast guys we all complain about and brings nothing to the table worth listening to IMO.

That was a shoddier portion of the whole point he was making, but uhh the main gist of what he was getting at is pretty fucking agreeable. EA's handling of the IP has been super diappointing and he has all the reaosn to be upset with it. Talk about "gary being a crumedgeon", like I'm pretty sure this is a super common opinion around the the general gaming community as a whole lol.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So just listened to KFGD and I don't get why was Jared so excited about the fake Persona announcement. Has he mentioned before about wanting P5 on Switch?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on yesterday's Games Daily, and I just cannot stand Gary Whitta; he's like a version of Colin without the extensive knowledge. It's just all curmudgeon with nothing else to offset it. He literally complained that there have been 4 Star Wars movies released compared to 2 games as if making a video game is as easy and quick as making a fucking movie. Does he want EA to shit out crappy tie-ins multiple times a year? Radical idea, but EA might have cancelled these games because they were a dumpster fire. Dude also plays fewer games than any of the Gamescast guys we all complain about and brings nothing to the table worth listening to IMO.
Gary is right about that, EA has totally squandered the Star Wars license and they have hardly anything to show for this ten year deal they made.
He also has a lot of knowledge, he was an editor at PC Gamer for a long time.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Party Mode used to be my favorite KF show, but I think KF/AF might be stealing that spot. The gift card segment was gold tier. Absolutely hope they do more segments like that, and not only was it entertaining it's also just something new from KF that's outside of what they normally do and that's very refreshing.

KF/AF is great idk how they are going to keep it going, makes me regret listening to all they're content I actually want to watch AF

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
It was a Kingfranchise88 impersonator

Ah gotcha, the first time it was definitely a Xyger impersonator. Just a very lame situation, really dumb of people to mess with the system like that.

KF/AF is great idk how they are going to keep it going, makes me regret listening to all they're content I actually want to watch AF

The format is fantastic. I can't wait to see what they do with it. I think it's a really great indication of the direction KF is moving in, I love the produced skits and hope they continue to make more content like this.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Ah gotcha, the first time it was definitely a Xyger impersonator. Just a very lame situation, really dumb of people to mess with the system like that.

The format is fantastic. I can't wait to see what they do with it. I think it's a really great indication of the direction KF is moving in, I love the produced skits and hope they continue to make more content like this.

Yep hopefully having more support staff will allow them to do more things like that gift card bit this week.

KFAF sort of reminds of the live streams, in that it's just them hanging out, but on camera. Like they have a vague format of sections of the show, but really its just those two sitting around on a sofa.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Selfishly petitioning for Andrea to leave WGG and replace Jared on the Gamescast. I really wish I could stomach her other two co-hosts on WGG because I love hearing her talk.
Dude lol, not trying to stir shit but you are incredibly negative towards what feels like most of KF/WGG. Why are you even still watching their content? It's bananas to me how every time I visit this thread you're one of the most consistently spiteful people in here.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jared saying Halo ruined shooters on the latest Gamescast was something. I am glad the crew disagreed but I also am glad Tim reminded everyone that this was the point of the show : to offer controversial opinions.

But seriously, that was a terrible, terrible take.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Dude lol, not trying to stir shit but you are incredibly negative towards what feels like most of KF/WGG. Why are you even still watching their content? It's bananas to me how every time I visit this thread you're one of the most consistently spiteful people in here.
Ha, I was thinking the same thing, was going to post "Do you even like KF?" At some point, just have to realize it's not for you. And that's ok.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Jared saying Halo ruined shooters on the latest Gamescast was something. I am glad the crew disagreed but I also am glad Tim reminded everyone that this was the point of the show : to offer controversial opinions.

But seriously, that was a terrible, terrible take.

I was on board for his level of insanity and was ready to hear him explain why...but he really didn't or give really any examples, it was just a insane statement thrown in there without any thought put into it.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I was on board for his level of insanity and was ready to hear him explain why...but he really didn't or give really any examples, it was just a insane statement thrown in there without any thought put into it.

My reasoning would be that it just seemed to slow down console shooters dramatically.

Everyone seems afraid of even trying to put a fast arena shooter on console anymore. My god, I'd kill for a good new Unreal Tournament or Quake on console, with all the speed that goes with it.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
My reasoning would be that it just seemed to slow down console shooters dramatically.

Everyone seems afraid of even trying to put a fast arena shooter on console anymore. My god, I'd kill for a good new Unreal Tournament or Quake on console, with all the speed that goes with it.
They tried and they didn't sell well.

Doom was the closest thing we had to a classic shooter and that's why I think it resonated so well.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ha, I was thinking the same thing, was going to post "Do you even like KF?" At some point, just have to realize it's not for you. And that's ok.
I like literally everyone at Kinda Funny except Jared and Gary, but okay? You literally quoted me praising Andrea for her performance on the last Gamescast, but I guess that's incredibly negative too. Sorry, I didn't realise I had to like every single thing they do.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I suggested to Greg that they get someone from Giant Bomb (maybe Jeff Gerstmann or Dan Ryckert (when in town)) for a future episode of Debatable. I could see them leveraging Greg and Jeff/Dan's love of WWE.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I decided to check out the AoT S2 watch-a-long again.

And Nick was looking at his laptop half the time and missed important reveals. Then he proceeded to ask "how did I miss that?".

Triggered me beyond words lol. Then I realized this is probably how they watch movies/TV and do the in-review series.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
They tried and they didn't sell well.

Doom was the closest thing we had to a classic shooter and that's why I think it resonated so well.

They released UT3 on PS3 after the bad launch of the console and PSN was a mess. It wasnt necessarily the game's fault. I think Overwatch showed some PC style shooter can work well on consoles.

Jared's point with Halo is that its wild success caused all competition to try to make the next Halo. Go read press coverage from the 00s and every shooter was billed as the "the Halo killer". It most definitely limited the design scope as most shooters mimicked some aspect of Halo. Whether we're worse off, I'm not sure. I do think some of his criticisms for Halo inspired design do actually stem from CoD4 like Tim (Fran?) mentioned. Halo actually resisted the perk / progression thing in multiplayer for a long time.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017