• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Gregs excited to see what they'll do with streaming etc, but yeah no idea why he keeps saying they'll "win"
Even in the hypothetical magical pixie land where by the time the next generation rolls around streaming works well enough for everyone to actually influence the average person's purchases, the fact that PlayStation is going to put out Horizon 2, God of War 2, Spider-Man 2 etc. etc. is going to completely nullify it. Like, if I have the choice of playing some of the good games available and being able to stream them on Xbox, or being able to play ALL of the good games minus Nintendo's output on PlayStation I know which one most people are choosing. It's also weird that Greg talks as if PlayStation is ignoring streaming. They had a streaming platform first.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
With first party games like Crackdown 3 receiving a stellar 60 on Metacritic, it's easy to see why Microsoft is definitely going to win the next generation as Greg and co. keep saying.
Ehh that's not entirely fair. Greg is bullish on Xbox because of the investments they've made in first party, streaming, and Game Pass, the full rollout of which we still haven't seen yet. Crackdown 3 is a vestige of a past Xbox that is starting to look very different than when CD3 was announced.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ehh that's not entirely fair. Greg is bullish on Xbox because of the investments they've made in first party, streaming, and Game Pass, the full rollout of which we still haven't seen yet. Crackdown 3 is a vestige of a past Xbox that is starting to look very different than when CD3 was announced.
The studios they purchased either already made games exclusively for the platform, or make games that don't move the needle at all. Meanwhile, Sony has like half a dozen studios that already make quality, Game of the Year level games and seem to be investing in streaming as well. I am baffled as to why he's so entranced by them.

I think Kinda Funny's "punditry" has always been bad, and they're much better at analysing the actual games. If you want to see actually decent industry analysis go read or listen to Jason Schreier, and then see how bad they are in comparison.

Don't forget Sony is going to just stop making games. Because of their arrogance.
Arrogant Sony is clearly going to release the PS5 for $2000 and tell everybody to get a third job to pay for it.

Last edited:

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
What do you make of the schedule changes? I dip in and out of KFGames Daily and the only new show I like is KFAF. Debateable doesn't do it for me, Screencast isn't relevant because I'm not in USA, I'm not into Fast and the Furious series (but I enjoyed the MCU in review) and the lack of (my) control on Internet Explorerz drives me mad :D.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What do you make of the schedule changes? I dip in and out of KFGames Daily and the only new show I like is KFAF. Debateable doesn't do it for me, Screencast isn't relevant because I'm not in USA, I'm not into Fast and the Furious series (but I enjoyed the MCU in review) and the lack of (my) control on Internet Explorerz drives me mad :D.
My content consumption still hasn't changed. I listen to KF Podcast and Gamescast every week and Games Daily while I'm at work. I have zero interest in any of the new shows, mostly because they seem to be the guys being wacky for the sake of being wacky and I get my fill of that from the KF Podcast. Also, does anyone else miss the topic format of GOG? The new replacement just feels so disjointed and has basically boiled down to them talking about the plane trips they took.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I watch everything except Debatable. I really think it needs to be a show that rotates in and out with something else. I guess the same could be said for "In Review" since that requires quite a bit of time to sink every week.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
They're all incredibly out of touch, living in their little san fran bubble.
I still like their content when it's just fucking around (like KF/AF) but i'd never take them seriously as pundits or analysts.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm a Playstation fan, and I'm not gung-ho about Xbox winning next-gen like Tim and Greg, but I think things are looking up for MS starting even this year with great looking games like Gears 5 and Ori 2. Acquisitions like Ninja Theory, Obsidian, and Playground as well as a huge investment into the AAA(A) studio The Initiative will help MS have a better first-party output next gen, and in return, more revenue from console sales+subscription services like Gamepass and XCloud
It's not like it can get any fucking worse from here!

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, does anyone else miss the topic format of GOG?
Very much so. Honestly it had basically been dead for awhile. Topics were replaced with "what I did recently" stories well before the new Podcast.

They used to talk about so much cool and interesting shit in addition to the silly topics. It also made it easier to shift through the content and find what's most appealing to you.

The Kinda Funny Podcast is still great but I find the complete lack of structure a tad jarring as well. It feels less like a show and more like just filming the only time of the week where they get to actually talk to each other. I guess they figure the other shows fill the niche and they do to an extent but I'll always prefer the topic format.

Last edited:

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Very much so. Honestly it had basically been dead for awhile. Topics were replaced with "what I did recently" stories well before the new Podcast.

They used to talk about so much cool and interesting shit in addition to the silly topics. It also made it easier to shift through the content and find what's most appealing to you.

The Kinda Funny Podcast is still great but I find the complete lack of structure a tad jarring as well. It feels less like a show and more like just filming the only time of the week where they get to actually talk to each other. I guess they figure the other shows fill the niche and they do to an extent but I'll always prefer the topic format.
Pretty much sums up my feelings. This week's episode is basically a shining example of everything I dislike. They start off talking about wrestling for the 900th straight week, then a long (boring IMO) summary of Greg's trip to Canada, then the pivot to talking about movies and TV shows they've watched recently. Not only do they talk about these things on numerous other shows, but they're discussing movies I watched literally 6 months ago. I miss them having actual conversations and discussions, rather than just discussing what's happened in their lives for the past week.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much sums up my feelings. This week's episode is basically a shining example of everything I dislike. They start off talking about wrestling for the 900th straight week, then a long (boring IMO) summary of Greg's trip to Canada, then the pivot to talking about movies and TV shows they've watched recently. Not only do they talk about these things on numerous other shows, but they're discussing movies I watched literally 6 months ago. I miss them having actual conversations and discussions, rather than just discussing what's happened in their lives for the past week.

Have to talk about the vacation somewhere so they can happily write it off as a business expense.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Question...has anyone here applied for the up and comer program? I did but I don't expect to get in. There's like 800 people lol

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand how these grown-ass men still like wrestling. Everyone I know grew out of it by 8th grade at the latest.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand how these grown-ass men still like wrestling. Everyone I know grew out of it by 8th grade at the latest.

I mean we are posting on a enthusiast gaming forum with a thread dedicated to a bunch of guys who we listen to talk about their lives and what they think about video games, seems ignorant to paint a broad brush about wresting, coming from someone that hasn't watched a single match of wrestling ever.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just honestly surprises the hell out of me constantly. Until I started listening to KF I honestly had no idea that adults still love wrestling.

Wrestling, like Nascar, or golf, or tennis etc lends itself an imagine cultivated around particular groups of people and I never thought that white collar city boys would still be into it.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a demo, but anyone who likes history (specifically the Titanic sinking) should check this out: http://www.titanichg.com/

It's the third version of the demo. It's actually VR compatible, but I found the movement options wonky (I hope they fix that by launch). Apparently the recreation of the Titanic in the game will be as close to perfect as humanly possible. The story they're making sounds intriguing:
Some people are in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is the case for Owen Robert Morgan, a 23-year-old American and Oxford University student living in Britain. On his way to meet an old friend, he finds himself the prime suspect behind a series of sinister international crimes. After fleeing arrest, all he can do to prove his innocence is follow the only lead he has: the true perpetrators are feeling Europe on board the RMS Titanic.

Will Morgan mystery and gather sufficient proof before he's found? Or will history take an unthinkable turn, pitting him into a fight for his name and his life?

I've been following the development for months now. I can't wait for the full game. Hopefully they'll have a free roam mode outside of the story mode. I think it would be neat if someone from KF checked it out. Maybe Tim and Joey (I think they both liked the James Cameron movie).

Last edited:

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a demo, but anyone who likes history (specifically the Titanic sinking) should check this out: http://www.titanichg.com/

It's the third version of the demo. It's actually VR compatible, but I found the movement options wonky (I hope they fix that by launch). Apparently the recreation of the Titanic in the game will be as close to perfect as humanly possible. The story they're making sounds intriguing.

I've been following the development for months now. I can't wait for the full game. Hopefully they'll have a free roam mode outside of the story mode. I think it would be neat if someone from KF checked it out. Maybe Tim and Joey (I think they both liked the James Cameron movie).

This is really cool!! Thanks for sharing. No way in hell my terrible computer could run it, but I'd love to watch a KF Party Mode on it.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
So genuine question: how does everyone feel about the KF Championshop and kayfabe stuff that they've started doing recently?

I actually think the belt is a good idea; it makes some of the lets plays more interesting and it's always a good thing to have on live streams. Although I wish more people than Greg and Nick would hold it.

The Johnny Ace vs. Greg stuff I thought was fine initially but now it seems to have bled over onto a lot of shows. Like talking about it on KFAF and having Nick host Debatable in character just seems unnecessary to me. It's funny as a little side joke but when it's taking over your actual content, it's a bit much. It also comes off as really forced sometimes, like the KFAF video from a couple of weeks ago, just to keep the "feud" going when it isn't that interesting (it's also weird that Xavier Woods has more character in KF than he does in his actual job, but that's a whole other story).

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So genuine question: how does everyone feel about the KF Championshop and kayfabe stuff that they've started doing recently?

I actually think the belt is a good idea; it makes some of the lets plays more interesting and it's always a good thing to have on live streams. Although I wish more people than Greg and Nick would hold it.

The Johnny Ace vs. Greg stuff I thought was fine initially but now it seems to have bled over onto a lot of shows. Like talking about it on KFAF and having Nick host Debatable in character just seems unnecessary to me. It's funny as a little side joke but when it's taking over your actual content, it's a bit much. It also comes off as really forced sometimes, like the KFAF video from a couple of weeks ago, just to keep the "feud" going when it isn't that interesting (it's also weird that Xavier Woods has more character in KF than he does in his actual job, but that's a whole other story).

Nick's persona of "I'm better than everyone else" got old to me real fast. And he does that regardless of if he's in the Johnny ace character.

However I absolutely adore Woods as the Honorable, the honorable, the HONORABLE COMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSHHHHHHH!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Nick is awesome, and the rightful champ.

However, I can live with the Ace holding it.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017

Usually it's something I think i'd hate but I love it. Nick is just so good at being a loveable dickhead, not just a dickhead. I can't wait for the Championship PPV.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem reviews are hitting in

I'm never trusting this outlet for reviews EVER AGAIN. I don't trust them for movies and less for Games.

They are out of touch and their views are skewed because "yes free shit and invites to events"

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem reviews are hitting in

I'm never trusting this outlet for reviews EVER AGAIN. I don't trust them for movies and less for Games.

They are out of touch and their views are skewed because "yes free shit and invites to events"

That's why I called out Fran few pages ago. I played the Alpha which is under the NDA and then I played the open demo few months later.
Kinda Funny is absolutely horrible when it comes to anything of substance, just go to them for the fluff and jokes.

Fran calling Anthem polished was an absolute joke to me. Hearing his impressions on this week gamescasts and they were no better. I like the GaaS co-op shooter type of games and I like Bioware a lot, I even enjoyed Andromeda. However, Anthem is a mess in most aspects. From mission design to the world to the story. It's gonna review worse than Andromeda at this point.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would never regard KF as an outlet to get news. They're a personality channel. So Fran being overboard on evangelizing Anthem is just part of the package. f it's how he genuinely feels then I'm okay with it, even though I don't identify with it at all. Andrea's Bioware love also just doesn't make sense to me, but that's okay.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
They're just opinions and if they don't align with your own then yeah, they're probably not the best place for you to read reviews. I don't share the opinion on Anthem with Fran but I'm not going to accuse him of being a paid shill just because he's pumped about a game that I'm not.

I also think they're a fine place to get news. I watch them every night and get up to speed on a lot of things I over look here on ERA. I'm able to get the news from them that I wouldn't otherwise be interested in specifically because of their personalities. It's what makes it bearable versus reading it here.