• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I just uploaded my first Mario Maker level: QM7-BKJ-MXG. It's short, but fun (I'm biased, of course)!

Edit- Re-Uploaded (fixed some exploits): LFW-R4H-HGG

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot_20190704-230822.png

πŸ™Š

WiseSplinteR

Oct 28, 2017
Hello Era! I've been following KF for a while now and really thought their content has been improving over the last year with the new format, rotating hosts etc, but the patreon figures seem to be in decline month after month. It just doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have any insight into this? (this is not a troll post)

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Hello Era! I've been following KF for a while now and really thought their content has been improving over the last year with the new format, rotating hosts etc, but the patreon figures seem to be in decline month after month. It just doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have any insight into this? (this is not a troll post)
A lot of folks think the opposite

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Millions do, plenty don't and nothing wrong with that either way.

They fawn over each of them though. A little critical thinking would not go amiss when it comes to their movie reviews.

On another note, I've given it months now, and I'm still not a fan of the KF Podcast. Much preferred the old topic based GOG format.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never check their patreon, so this is the first I've heard of this. I take it this is the reason for the increased amount of ads on shows?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

They fawn over each of them though. A little critical thinking would not go amiss when it comes to their movie reviews.

On another note, I've given it months now, and I'm still not a fan of the KF Podcast. Much preferred the old topic based GOG format.

I'm guessing you came back from the FFH review to say this? Which would be weird to me considering they had plenty of critism and weren't so glowing on it.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They hate all kinds of shit on their "In Review" series. They ragged on the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy, which was a pretty bold stance. Tim didn't think much of the first four Mission:Impossible movies, which is again a pretty unpopular opinion. They also disliked pretty much all the X-Men movies.

Just because they love something you're not particularly into doesn't mean they aren't thinking critically.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if they like movies I don't like. I've never been bothered by an opposing opinion.

When it comes to the MCU, I even find myself agreeing with them some of the time.

I have not watched 'in review' since the original run MCU ended, so maybe it's improved, but I thought it was extremely shallow in how it looked at those films. Don't think I gained any new insight from watching it.

Last edited:

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Is anyone here enjoying the KF Podcast more than GOG?

Not more than GOG before it became all guest podcasts. I really like Andy being a regular though, and honestly at this point he's easily my favourite member of KF. But it is so aimless and repetitive it's hard to get excited to listen to it. I certainly don't listen as it releases every week anymore. I like that it's set to feature them rather than guests but the lack of any direction makes it boring.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I think for the most part, I really like KF Podcast, but I do miss having guests. While We Have Cool Friends is great, it feels more like an interview show. I liked when the guests brought great topics to GOG. It was just more informal. WHCF seems more of a formal thing. When they announced the show, I hoped it was just KF Podcast with guests. But it's not that. Like I said, I do like what it is. I just would also like a more informal show with guests.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Weird thing on the gamescast today - Andrea makes the argument that the thing that solidified PlayStation's victory this generation, or at least the marker of it beginning(?) was the release of Bloodborne in the launch window of the PS4.

I don't know, it was a weird response to what Tim was saying at the time, which I kinda thought was right on.

Edit: nevermind, Tim looked it up and clarified everything a little later on.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Weird thing on the gamescast today - Andrea makes the argument that the thing that solidified PlayStation's victory this generation, or at least the marker of it beginning(?) was the release of Bloodborne in the launch window of the PS4.

I don't know, it was a weird response to what Tim was saying at the time, which I kinda thought was right on.

Edit: nevermind, Tim looked it up and clarified everything a little later on.

I haven't listened to the episode yet but I imagine Bloodborne's importance is probably overinflated by the more "hardcore" side of the community. There are plenty of other reasons why PS4 took off like it did (MS's initial strategy on DRM, the price point, marketing agreements with CoD, Destiny etc.) and I think BB is probably relatively trivial in comparison to those. Seems like a weird argument to make to be honest.

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
PS4 'won' because of a strong tail end to PS3's life and Xbox shooting themself in the foot with the no sell-on announcement.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Having Gia on Nick Names was brilliant and made for a very fun episode. Reminded me of early Kinda Funny.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Pretty cool how KF just straight up don't deliver on one of their most expensive Patreon tier rewards every month and almost nobody says a thing about it. There are people who have literally received just one of the physical rewards from the $50 tier since January. I'd be furious if I was part of that tier.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
What do you all think of We Have Cool Friends? Lot of people calling it the best thing they've ever done but as I have only heard of like one guest so far I haven't listened to it yet.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
What do you all think of We Have Cool Friends? Lot of people calling it the best thing they've ever done but as I have only heard of like one guest so far I haven't listened to it yet.

Only one I listened to was the last one because im a big Critical Role fan and love Brain, it seems alright but wholly dependant if its someone im interested in.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Because it came up on Games Daily today, I have to ask the question; do you guys play your Switch more in docked or handheld mode? Personally, I play docked 99% of the time. I couldn't imagine wanting to play most of those games on a dinky little screen, ESPECIALLY when I'm at home. Andrea complaining about the Switch's screen made me laugh because she could literally just play her Switch docked and get that.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Handheld is 95% of the time even got a grip for it, only time its docked is when it gets used for game nights with my friends.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'll watch them when I'm desperate and I'm sure I'll really enjoy them. Right now I just don't feel like getting over the hump of accepting listening to a podcast with a non kf person

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at Andrea's weird crusade against Outer Wilds as a serious GOTY contender at the end of this week's Gamescast. I'm sure Outer Worlds will be good but what Wilds is doing is so unique and different that I think it'll unquestionably be in the running at the end of the year. Kind of seems like this year's Hollow Knight.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017

Don't really care about it just now, but it's a decent idea. Maybe when someone interesting to me comes along I'll check it out. Don't like the name either.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because it came up on Games Daily today, I have to ask the question; do you guys play your Switch more in docked or handheld mode? Personally, I play docked 99% of the time. I couldn't imagine wanting to play most of those games on a dinky little screen, ESPECIALLY when I'm at home. Andrea complaining about the Switch's screen made me laugh because she could literally just play her Switch docked and get that.

99% undocked. I'm literally your opposite.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thumbnail for the KF Podcast today is fucking ridiculous. Super annoying to have stuff like that pop up on my sub feed.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
I don't think I've ever watched Screencast but it came on just now on an auto-play. The first few minutes (all I watched) are... almost absurdly low energy. Is it usually like that? Because I really don't know how they can think that's acceptable material to put out there, especially if they have any intention of growing their audience.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I don't think I've ever watched Screencast but it came on just now on an auto-play. The first few minutes (all I watched) are... almost absurdly low energy. Is it usually like that? Because I really don't know how they can think that's acceptable material to put out there, especially if they have any intention of growing their audience.
Yes, it's always like that. Things like this are why their Patreon subs are tanking. They need to dial things back and focus on quality rather than constant engagement with their audience for the sake of it.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Yes, it's always like that. Things like this are why their Patreon subs are tanking. They need to dial things back and focus on quality rather than constant engagement with their audience for the sake of it.

I'm quite shocked at how poor it seemed, actually. They really have to shake things up (again) because right now it's like they're a shade of themselves from just a couple of years ago. Seem completely checked out.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite shocked at how poor it seemed, actually. They really have to shake things up (again) because right now it's like they're a shade of themselves from just a couple of years ago. Seem completely checked out.

My only real issue is I think it's too long of a show. It always seems to end up anywhere between 70 to 80 minutes. Should be 30 to 50 minutes. Also, I know why they don't do it, but I really miss when they would watch trailers together on the old C&GL/KFMS. It's not worth the risk of a copywrite strike. Still miss it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
They all feel like how Colin did before he left. Just checked our, low energy and it makes for bad watching as a viewer.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
My only real issue is I think it's too long of a show. It always seems to end up anywhere between 70 to 80 minutes. Should be 30 to 50 minutes. Also, I know why they don't do it, but I really miss when they would watch trailers together on the old C&GL/KFMS. It's not worth the risk of a copywrite strike. Still miss it.

I miss this too, the old watching trailers and more general talking about what they watched or currently watching, seems to all be pushed to Screencast and comes off more unnatural to me.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I miss this too, the old watching trailers and more general talking about what they watched or currently watching, seems to all be pushed to Screencast and comes off more unnatural to me.

I wouldn't mind a Screencast Daily. It could be 10-30 minutes. Essentially Games Daily, but much shorter. That way they can react the day of a major announcement and not be days behind. Very rarely do the things they discuss break that day. For instance, the Mulan trailer hit on Sunday. It took almost a week for them to bring it up. On the old Morning Show, it would've been on that Monday's episode. Maybe they could still have a proper Screencast at the end of the week for more in depth discussions of a particular topic.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
They all feel like how Colin did before he left. Just checked our, low energy and it makes for bad watching as a viewer.
Spot on. They aren't grumpy, jaded fucks like he was in the last two months of his tenure, but they seem very burnt out. I know it's been mentioned here ad nauseum, but this is an inevitable result of the constant travelling.