• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Tim was dropping truth bombs during that discussion and bringing the receipts. Good on him! Everyone else was too intoxicated to give quality analysis which is a shame because it was an otherwise fantastic crew on that stream.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
Loved this joint podcast with the What's Good ladies. They all mesh so well together. I know Andrea is the only one in the area as they usually just stream their own stuff via Skypeish stuff.

Really hope they do more of these.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
KFGD headline today will surely not cause any arguing or anything here today.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I mean... they're not wrong. In like 50 years, it'll all be streaming and even areas that have trouble with it now, will have it solved by then. But yeah, I realize in their talking points, they're talking about like 5 years from now.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. I'll have to listen tomorrow, but if they truly believe in that headline maybe it's time for me to stop listening to their games podcast. Big City Bubble is real.
You really think a company like Microsoft won't get what they want? Also, Verizon, Google and Facebook are all rolling out 5g wireless internet which will be 100+ up and down. So the rural argument won't matter.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
You really think a company like Microsoft won't get what they want? Also, Verizon, Google and Facebook are all rolling out 5g wireless internet which will be 100+ up and down. So the rural argument won't matter.

In the near and not so near future there will always be people with (crappy) internet. Not everyone lives in the united state,

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm actually surprised Greg has been smitten by AC:O as much as it seems.
Non stop talk on the pods/twitter/instagram posts since launch.

I know Greg likes checklist open world games in the last few years (I do too like Far Cry) but this one seems another level.
Could it dethrone GoW as his GoTY?

Edit:
Tim was dropping truth bombs during that discussion and bringing the receipts. Good on him! Everyone else was too intoxicated to give quality analysis which is a shame because it was an otherwise fantastic crew on that stream.

Yeah they were all pretty wasted but I don't begrudge them getting drunk on a Saturday evening lol.
Tim was not having it though, the conference was pretty mediocre in comparison to something like PSX (except 2017) and he didn't hold back.

Both groups should team up again, I also enjoyed their dynamic.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KFGD headline today will surely not cause any arguing or anything here today.

I disagree and hope not, but I don't care to argue.

Streaming can feck off.

I mean... they're not wrong. In like 50 years, it'll all be streaming and even areas that have trouble with it now, will have it solved by then. But yeah, I realize in their talking points, they're talking about like 5 years from now.

In the near and not so near future there will always be people with (crappy) internet. Not everyone lives in the united state,

LOL.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ph...ditional-consoles-anytime-soon-if-ever.80649/

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
So this is really cool...

I think Tim really deserves it. He clearly puts so much into KF, a lot of which probably goes unseen/underappreciated, and to have built something like that at his age is really impressive.

Congrats Tim!

EDIT: couldn't work out how to embed the tweet sorry.

Last edited:

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
That's amazing and well deserved for Tim! I remember a few years ago him specifically mentioning he wants to be on a 30 under 30 list and here he is. Congratulations, man!

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to yesterday's morning show and Nick trying to explain how Detective Pikachu and potentially break into the mainstream is hilarious. Like nothing is more main stream than Pikachu.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to yesterday's morning show and Nick trying to explain how Detective Pikachu and potentially break into the mainstream is hilarious. Like nothing is more main stream than Pikachu.
He means the films though, if it was a 1:1 thing you'd see casual fans clamouring for animated pokemon movies in cinemas.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
He means the films though, if it was a 1:1 thing you'd see casual fans clamouring for animated pokemon movies in cinemas.

This is why I've thought all of the people screaming that Detective Pikachu is an automatic monster hit are being absurd. There's a reason Pokemon movies were absent from theatres for about 15 years, and then only recently they've been receiving special Fathom event releases. If the I Choose You movie from last year which was literally just nostalgia bait and coming hot on the heels from Pokemon GO couldn't receive a wide release I think Detective Pikachu's success is less guaranteed. Heck, even during Pokemon's hottest period the first movie was really the only movie to do super well, with the second dropping off big time in box office numbers and the third only managing to hit 4th at the box office on its opening weekend.

If Detective Pikachu comes out and flops critically I could see it doing pretty poorly, especially because half the fanbase seems to be split on the style of the Pokemon and the budget surely can't be cheap with the amount of CGI going on all over the place.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I've thought all of the people screaming that Detective Pikachu is an automatic monster hit are being absurd. There's a reason Pokemon movies were absent from theatres for about 15 years, and then only recently they've been receiving special Fathom event releases. If the I Choose You movie from last year which was literally just nostalgia bait and coming hot on the heels from Pokemon GO couldn't receive a wide release I think Detective Pikachu's success is less guaranteed. Heck, even during Pokemon's hottest period the first movie was really the only movie to do super well, with the second dropping off big time in box office numbers and the third only managing to hit 4th at the box office on its opening weekend.

If Detective Pikachu comes out and flops critically I could see it doing pretty poorly, especially because half the fanbase seems to be split on the style of the Pokemon and the budget surely can't be cheap with the amount of CGI going on all over the place.
Tbh, I think Detective Pikachu is going to do amazing.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Those were still anime though.

Like this has Pikachu in the title and Ryan Reynolds. I don't think it's going to be a behemoth but it's going to do great.

This will appeal more to the GO fans due to live action.

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What time does the GamesCast usually stream live? Subbed for $1 and was looking for the post about the pre-show

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Great guest on games daily today, having gone through what he did with his friend in the past it was quite inspiring.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you so much! I'll be back on :)
Yeah, I just caught your episode and you were really, really good. You were probably the best guest host that they've had and I am not just saying that for ERA bias. You knew your information, you were articulate, and you were respectful.

Really great - I bet the team at KF really appreciated it.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just caught your episode and you were really, really good. You were probably the best guest host that they've had and I am not just saying that for ERA bias. You knew your information, you were articulate, and you were respectful.

Really great - I bet the team at KF really appreciated it.
You have no idea how good that feels :)

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the RDR2 part in the gamescast. It was supposed to be an Andy segment to talk about RDR2 because he will be gone the week they gonna talk about it. Jared kept interrupting and clamping down on Andy's points and he ended up talking much longer than Andy. Jared felt really uncomfortable allowing any negative thing to be said about a part of the game without him interrupting and countering it. He really came out like those console warriors and fanboys. It was seriously horrible and I'm not going to watch any discussion when Jared is around.

This segment was some of the worst stuff that Kinda Funny has ever put. Be careful if you wanna check it because it's big spoilers territory.
Actually Greg spoiled himself on the entire game in this segment so I guess he truly won't ever play it.