• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
What was that weird segment in KFGD today where Andrea was totally shilling for some game? She said it was a "shoutout" but was talking about how it was on sale (17% off) and how it had 97% positive reviews on Steam, giving a synopsis/website... it was like an ad read. I'm fine with ads but if you're getting paid to shill then just tell us, really.

Had to pause and go back because I thought it was one of the ads. Just weird.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
What was that weird segment in KFGD today where Andrea was totally shilling for some game? She said it was a "shoutout" but was talking about how it was on sale (17% off) and how it had 97% positive reviews on Steam, giving a synopsis/website... it was like an ad read. I'm fine with ads but if you're getting paid to shill then just tell us, really.

Was it GRIS?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/683320/GRIS/
It's an indie game that is catching the industry by storm so she was probably just giving a shoutout to a good indie game. However, I haven't seen today's KFGD and I could totally be wrong.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They can be excited for games without it being paid shilling. They are really transparent and would say if she or they were sponsored some how.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

lol bothered for nothing much?
good she is telling everyone because everyone needs to play the game. It's beautiful.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017

They do this a lot for all sorts of games ranging from indie to AAA. They're regular peopke and can be super passionate about certain games. I would hardly call it "shilling" for the game. It was just a geniune recommendation for a game that's currently discounted.

KF is incredibly transparent when it comes to ads or marketing deals. They're very good about it too.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really really hate how anti consumer KF can be like saying in game advertisements is a necessary component in today's industry as if there aren't plenty of other ways theyre nickle and diming us for games as it is. The constant defense of this stuff is why its getting more and more rampant. I'd much rather just scale back games than have that shit in there (in addition to mtxs and loot boxes most games have).

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
The part of them saying *Well its nice of them to let us opt out* like its somehow worthy of praise was too good.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They'll always choose developer side over consumer. Generally doesn't bother me though.

One thing I wish they would let die is the morning show graphics. I think they ran their course and they need to stop trying to resurrect them.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Greg said on this week's GOG that his dream job would be working in some capacity with Microsoft on their game streaming stuff. With that, I've given up hoping that he'll ever acknowledge he lives in a bubble and this isn't viable for most people around the world - he's in too deep now. It's not a revolutionary 'game-changing' thing when most people who play games won't have the infrastructure for this in the foreseeable future.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Greg said on this week's GOG that his dream job would be working in some capacity with Microsoft on their game streaming stuff. With that, I've given up hoping that he'll ever acknowledge he lives in a bubble and this isn't viable for most people around the world - he's in too deep now. It's not a revolutionary 'game-changing' thing when most people who play games won't have the infrastructure for this in the foreseeable future.

If nothing else it's just frustrating that they keep going with that line. Like surely enough people have pointed it out them in comments and stuff that they'd realise the bubble they're in, but they keep pushing it.

It's no different from the old Beyond days though when they'd go on about the "all digital future"... and yet five years later people are still buying physical games. I think the same applies to streaming; in the long run it's just another option that will exist alongside physical and digital purchases.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else it's just frustrating that they keep going with that line. Like surely enough people have pointed it out them in comments and stuff that they'd realise the bubble they're in, but they keep pushing it.

It's no different from the old Beyond days though when they'd go on about the "all digital future"... and yet five years later people are still buying physical games. I think the same applies to streaming; in the long run it's just another option that will exist alongside physical and digital purchases.
They only care about convenience, they don't understand consumer rights or ownership.

Same with a lot of Era.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Whenever I see something about streaming in the show notes I skip that segment. It's getting a little bit stale, too bad some other discussions turn in to streaming discussions as well.

I'm so not looking forward to the new console generation discussions.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Jared is abouslutly the worst when it comes to spoilers. He was loathed on gamescoop because he spoiled everything.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Greg's (and the rest of KF's) love for Into the Spider-Verse is giving me a little bit of a laugh considering how much they've shit on animated films forever. Particularly Greg, who flat out refused to watch animated films in the past and has referred to them as something for babies. I'm sure it was a slightly tongue in cheek sentiment, but you could tell it was definitely how he felt.

It's also bizarre that there's no review for this after they said it would be part of their Spider-Man series.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Greg didn't hate it... what are you talking about? He said it just didn't stick with him after it was over. It was "fine". I figured he'd have that reaction since he's not an Aquaman fan in general and the movie wasn't a knock out 10 which would turn everyone into an Arthur Curry fan.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ragnorok Tim is my dude. I already liked Tim on things but he was more entertianing there than I would have expected.

Ooo Didn't see this episode yet. Tim and Greg should be good.
Was a fun episode
Greg didn't hate it... what are you talking about? He said it just didn't stick with him after it was over. It was "fine". I figured he'd have that reaction since he's not an Aquaman fan in general and the movie wasn't a knock out 10 which would turn everyone into an Arthur Curry fan.
Honestly, I never take their movie opinions seriously :P

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I really really hate how anti consumer KF can be like saying in game advertisements is a necessary component in today's industry as if there aren't plenty of other ways theyre nickle and diming us for games as it is. The constant defense of this stuff is why its getting more and more rampant. I'd much rather just scale back games than have that shit in there (in addition to mtxs and loot boxes most games have).

Yeah and IIRC didn't they even make some crack afterwards about everyone calling them corporate apologists? Oof.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
How?

It went off the rails like usual

the housekeeping, the tips, even the tmi with tim thing felt like part of this with how he was trying to get there so much and then he was kinda rushing through it so they could get to the rest of the tips and eventually the aquaman review. Idk it just felt like a sort of strained episode. Less laid back than the holy trilogy

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
He got me too lol. I almost closed that tab and never listened to KF ever again.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Red Dead 2 so I went back and listened to Andy's opinion on it from the GamesCast. I agree with what he said.

Arthur's story had such a great ending and John's epilogue was like a wet fart to the ending.