• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo the sentiment about the GOG Show. I still enjoy it here and there but it lost its luster for me awhile ago (nothing to do with Colin). I'm wondering if perhaps the formula is just kind of worn out or if they've run out of compelling things to talk about.

Or, maybe it's because so much of the show these days is just them screwing around. It used to focus entirely on the interesting topics but now they will sometimes go half an hour before actually getting to the topics. The original draw of the show, for me, was a group of dudes with amazing chemistry talking about interesting shit. Now it's basically the morning show without reading subs.

I'm currently very happy with Kinda Funny Games (small qualms aside) but the original Kinda Funny channel has been pretty dull since the MCU In-Review wrapped.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think we'll see some sort of community focussed show presented by the likes of Snowbike Mike or anything like that?

capybara-dive

Nov 1, 2017
In the latest what's good podcast they said they'd have patreon changes very soon... I wonder if they are merging with KF?

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
YES! Fast and Furious Movie Reviews! This is the one I've been waiting for. As a fan of the series and knowing that all of them have such a fun affinity for the movies as well this will just be great! SOOO EXCITED!

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I was just talking about how dull the main Kinda Funny channel has been and it looks like they're completely overhauling it. Good shit!

Barrett joining makes sense, he's solid on screen and as they were announcing new shows I was thinking, "Man, they could really use another production person with the new shows."

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
I was just talking about how dull the main Kinda Funny channel has been and it looks like they're completely overhauling it. Good shit!

Barrett joining makes sense, he's solid on screen and as they were announcing new shows I was thinking, "Man, they could really use another production person with the new shows."

Where is Barrett from? I haven't seen him around before.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
All the announcements sounded pretty good... Fran on Gamescast is great and the Kinda Funny Podcast with Andy sounds awesome. Also enjoyed Barrett on the Extra Life stream so that's great too.

The Patreon tiers/memberships sound super confusing though.

so morning show is dead and they're doing a different show everyday?

Sounds like each day's show is just a part of what was the Morning Show broken out into its own thing.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
And Andy just answered me on twitch saying 15 Seconds of Sports lives on. All is well.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Wow amazing announcements I'm very excited. More Andy is fantastic. I'm glad they're breaking up the morning show, it makes it wayy easier to catch up on when I miss it live. Very happy for Barrett and also for Kevin to be getting his own show!

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
Wow amazing announcements I'm very excited. More Andy is fantastic. I'm glad they're breaking up the morning show, it makes it wayy easier to catch up on when I miss it live. Very happy for Barrett and also for Kevin to be getting his own show!

I'm very happy with Kevin getting his own show as well! He's my MVP whenever he's on the shows (especially the movies in review) and I'm glad he's getting more in front of the camera!

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Changes are really good imo, Fran and Barrett are good gets, fran in particular I think will really help revitalise Gamescast, would also be cool for Andrea and Fran to do some destiny related stuff.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan that they're locking KFGD questions behind the Patreon paywall. I completely get why, but it makes it all the more shitty when it comes to curating which are read.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they are trying to squeeze more out of their hardcore. KFGD questions require Patreon $5 sub now when it was for free. The $1 tier doesn't give you early access anymore. Heck the $1 tier is a Reddit flare now. You would need $10 to access the shows early, that's a big jump.

I feel like they failed to make their audience bigger and now they want to get more per fan.

As a mainly listener/watcher for the gaming stuff, nothing has changed or improved for my tastes. I wanted Andy for a gaming show not their fluff stuff.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Is their website down, or is that just me?

They're recapping the announcements on twitter, but I thought it was weird that I couldn't access kindafunny.com.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Fast and Furious in review is honestly the only thing announced that I'm stoked about.

Ordered the box set since I've only ever seen the first 3

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Overall I like the changes they've made to their programming. Looking forward to the new shows.

It is a bit of a bummer that so much stuff from the lower patreon tiers has been moved into a high tier, but I get why they did it. That being said I've bumped up to the bronze level. I listen to KF content basically every day, and feel like I'm getting quite a bit of entertainment value for that.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Still not sure where the Jared hate comes from. Listened to the Goty discussion yesterday and he wasn't pushing Red Dead or anything. He's passionate about games, something that should be treasured.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
As a huge Easy Allies fan I will be watching this very closely. KF have been the industry standard setters for this stuff time and again, and upping the cost to get in to their Patreon could be revolutionary if it works.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Still not sure where the Jared hate comes from. Listened to the Goty discussion yesterday and he wasn't pushing Red Dead or anything. He's passionate about games, something that should be treasured.
I generally like Jared, but there is definitely only a certain amount of him I can tolerate per week. Not sure what it is exactly, but he can get a bit annoying.

I don't listen to the Gamescast, but I can see how some people wouldn't like him as a permanent addition to the show.