• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Not all of the way through yet but enjoying the new Gamescast line up already... Fran is a welcome addition.

I have absolutely zero interest though in hearing an hourlong discussion on why random people don't like Fortnite. Like it's just one game, let's just move on from this conversation.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Not all of the way through yet but enjoying the new Gamescast line up already... Fran is a welcome addition.

I have absolutely zero interest though in hearing an hourlong discussion on why random people don't like Fortnite. Like it's just one game, let's just move on from this conversation.
But it's not just one game. The thing is a litterally a cultural phenomenon, and might be the biggest game of all time.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
But it's not just one game. The thing is a litterally a cultural phenomenon, and might be the biggest game of all time.

I mean fair enough, but does that warrant a 10-15 minute discussion on it every week? Especially when that discussion is always the same (I can't believe how big this is... Epic is doing so well... It's the game of the decade etc.)?

So many other, more interesting things to talk about, which haven't been done to death yet. So I wish they'd just move on.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I mean fair enough, but does that warrant a 10-15 minute discussion on it every week? Especially when that discussion is always the same (I can't believe how big this is... Epic is doing so well... It's the game of the decade etc.)?

So many other, more interesting things to talk about, which haven't been done to death yet. So I wish they'd just move on.
I don't remember them talking about it every week. They are just talking about it right now because the new season released and they are playing it again.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I don't remember them talking about it every week. They are just talking about it right now because the new season released and they are playing it again.

Maybe I'm just getting confused between Gamescast and KFGD but it seems like they talk about it a lot more than they really need to. It'd be better if they actually had something new to say about it, but it's literally the same conversations every time it's brought up.

Like I said I'm pretty happy with the direction that Gamescast seems to be going in but this is one thing that really bugs me; repeated conversations and stories that seem to just go in cycles (if it's not Fortnite it's Beat Saber, or game streaming, or Jared on Red Dead). I guess it's probably just a symptom of having to do 6 hour-long shows a week just about video games and needing to fill time.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of this discussion about next gen they keep missing the most obvious shit.

Like they'll fellate cloud gaming (SF Bubble at work) but completely ignore the highly likely possibility that next gen will have native BC and "crossgen" games, like what Death Stranding and TLOU2 presumably are, will have a special mode/patch for the PS5 to make it run and look better rather than just being BC.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
All of this discussion about next gen they keep missing the most obvious shit.

Like they'll fellate cloud gaming (SF Bubble at work) but completely ignore the highly likely possibility that next gen will have native BC and "crossgen" games, like what Death Stranding and TLOU2 presumably are, will have a special mode/patch for the PS5 to make it run and look better rather than just being BC.

To be fair, Greg has been saying almost exactly that about Xbox for a while now. About how the idea of "generations" of consoles will mean less now and he expects everything to be backwards compatible etc. To be honest I can't quite see it, especially on the PlayStation side, but I wouldn't be that surprised.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The problem with their Fortnite discussions is that they are always the exact same thing. Greg came back to the game after being away from it for a little bit and literally didn't discuss any new mechanics. He just continued on with the same talking points about how this game is a phenomenon, he plays it with his friends' kids and they only play to hang out with friends instead of winning, he tries to do the challenges etc. It's not just a Fortnite problem though, because they do this with every game that they talk about multiple times. You can take Fortnite in this discussion we're having here and replace it with Beat Saber or Assassin's Creed and it's exactly the same. If you're going to be dedicating meaty chunks of each podcast to talking about the same games you need to have new talking points.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to share this moment in the last GOG episode where Tim talks about how the community negatively perceived him early on, which is a comparison I drew a while back to how some of the community feels about Jared:

Let's not forget how things change, so while there might be this negative perception of Jared now, that doesn't mean it will always be like that. The interesting thing to me is that it wasn't even Tim that necessarily changed, it was the community that over time grew to like him for what he brings to the group, similar to what I think will happen with Jared. People slept on Tim like people are sleeping on Jared, you guys just don't realize it yet ;]

Mind you, this post isn't meant to drag out negativity over the subject, rather to just throw out some positivity towards Jared <3 So if your response to this post is going to be negative and how you'll never grow to like Jared, just hold that comment because it's tired.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I feel like Jared and Tim are completely different situations. I've been listening to Jared on podcasts since he started guesting on Beyond with Colin & Greg, so it's been like 5 years. Half a decade. He hasn't changed since then and how I feel about him hasn't changed. I doubt it's any different in the future.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
I feel like Jared and Tim are completely different situations. I've been listening to Jared on podcasts since he started guesting on Beyond with Colin & Greg, so it's been like 5 years. Half a decade. He hasn't changed since then and how I feel about him hasn't changed. I doubt it's any different in the future.

It's weird I remember liking him A LOT on Beyond. And when I heard he was coming to KF i was excited. Then I discovered the "other side" of Jared; the side that rambles on about some obscure game that maybe 3 people total have played and raves it to be the best game ever made times infinity.

But at times though when he's reined in I still enjoy his thoughts on stuff. Especially when he starts questioning Tim or Greg about WHY they liked something or WHAT specifically they liked. I enjoy the more in-depth analysis he get asks of his co-hosts.

Kikuchiyosuke

Jan 11, 2018
I'm just here to say that I'm glad that KFGD is back. It's my daily source of video game news since I don't really have much time to read articles while I'm at work, so I sorely missed the gang for the 2 or so weeks they've been gone.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Reading the description of the Spiderverse review and I'm reminded again that The Amazing Spider-man 2 is ranked No. 2.

God. Imagine this taste in movies combined with the popcorn bore that is the Fast and Furious franchise.

Every year KF seems to bring new things but at the end of the day, it's still Fast movies discussion and discussing games that have been talked a million times before on Gamecast because they don't have time to play games.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Reading the description of the Spiderverse review and I'm reminded again that The Amazing Spider-man 2 is ranked No. 2.

God. Imagine this taste in movies combined with the popcorn bore that is the Fast and Furious franchise.

Every year KF seems to bring new things but at the end of the day, it's still Fast movies discussion and discussing games that have been talked a million times before on Gamecast because they don't have time to play games.

So I'm working my way through MCU in review at the moment and it's a great show. The discussions they have are interesting and funny and their ranking pretty much matches up with mine and, I imagine, most people's as well.

How on earth did they go from that to naming Amazing Spider-Man 2 as the second best Spider-Man film? Does that include Homecoming!? I'm scared to listen to that and the X-Men one because it just sounds infuriating... And I don't really want to watch those films again.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to share this moment in the last GOG episode where Tim talks about how the community negatively perceived him early on, which is a comparison I drew a while back to how some of the community feels about Jared:

Let's not forget how things change, so while there might be this negative perception of Jared now, that doesn't mean it will always be like that. The interesting thing to me is that it wasn't even Tim that necessarily changed, it was the community that over time grew to like him for what he brings to the group, similar to what I think will happen with Jared. People slept on Tim like people are sleeping on Jared, you guys just don't realize it yet ;]

Mind you, this post isn't meant to drag out negativity over the subject, rather to just throw out some positivity towards Jared <3 So if your response to this post is going to be negative and how you'll never grow to like Jared, just hold that comment because it's tired.
I may grow to love him.

Just like I may grow to love rubbing my balls through broken glass.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Their movie critique is laughably bad, which makes it even funnier that they have two podcasts dedicated to reviewing movies now. Who could forget their thoughtful criticism of "Toby McGuire has a dumb face" for Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3? That was definitely deep and not at all hypocritical at a time where Tim was complaining about YouTube commentators pointing out that he'd gained weight.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Their movie opinions are terrible and I question the intelligence of anyone who watches them for them.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I just watch their movie reviews to laugh at all the stuff they say and how they crack themselves up. I'm never going to actually "listen" to their review and have it influence my opinion. Except for BvS... Greg is right, it's a good movie, don't @ me.

Also, KFAF was fire. That's a show that works once a week for sure. Being more "produced" really helps it out. Connect Between 3 and 5 is gonna be great.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Can anyone confirm whether the new shows actually work in audio form? Internet Explorez definitely doesn't considering it's about watching videos, but Debatable and KF/AF both seem like they'd be kinda hampered when consumed just via audio.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying the hell out of KF/AF so far.

Only change I'm not into is that KFGD seems to maybe come too early in the day...? Feels like they'd maybe miss out on some news. Still though I think I'll be consuming more KF content after 4.0.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I have been out of the KF loop for a long time, but after watching the debut episode of Debatable that's definitely gonna be a show I check out each week.
Can anyone confirm whether the new shows actually work in audio form? Internet Explorez definitely doesn't considering it's about watching videos, but Debatable and KF/AF both seem like they'd be kinda hampered when consumed just via audio.
Debatable easily could work as audio-only, there weren't any sort of visual aides outside of them spinning a wheel for a topic but seeing that isn't necessary at all.

AndrewB

Oct 5, 2018
Not the biggest fan of Debatable so far. It's just lots of obnoxious yelling and discussion that could just be relegated to the Kinda Funny Podcast/GOG tbh. I get why they're doing it, it's a great way to produce list videos to get clicks but it's seriously grating, and that's coming from someone who's been supporting them on Patreon since day 1.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint about Debatable is Jared's podium. Whenever he hits it, the clanking sound reverberates throughout the studio. It ends up sounding sorta cheap. Maybe that's the intention?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The "dynamic list" makes debatable good to me. I love how Jared can arbitrarily change the list if they act up or something lol

I'm waiting 3 weeks to give my "final" verdict on 4.0. Definitely some pros and cons

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Bloopers video was hilarious. I am surprised they didn't put Gary's 'I Don't Care' segment in there.

But KF4.0 is way too difficult to follow. They ruined the episode with Gary and Jared with all the references to the time constraint. Just don't mention it, just get the show done in under an hour. It is not Gary and Jared's fault, it's just all this new content that - honestly - doesn't appeal to me at all.