• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
They did the time constraint thing with Andrea and Fran too. I really don't like that. It limits them all from delving into all their thoughts and questions and discussions.

It's true on the flip side with hosts like Jared and Gary (love his tangents though) can go on and on forever, limiting the other hosts seems a bad ideas; especially on a podcast.

I want to hear these people talk in full about each subject brought it. Not the "just the highlights" version cause they have a hard 55 mins.

I know the usually try to keep KFGD to roughly an hour.. but it was much more a soft 60 mins than this count down hard timer.

Hope they change that.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
For what it's worth Greg made a comment on Reddit about why they moved KFGD here.

Sounds like having the show go long would impact on the rest of their day and potentially cause them to work late etc. Moving them round restricts KFGD to an hour max (although Greg does say they'll run over if there's massive news) and makes sure everyone's schedules stay on track. I was a bit hesitant about restricting KFGD but if it's for the sake of their mental health, work/life balance etc. then I have no problem with it.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa
For what it's worth Greg made a comment on Reddit about why they moved KFGD here.

Sounds like having the show go long would impact on the rest of their day and potentially cause them to work late etc. Moving them round restricts KFGD to an hour max (although Greg does say they'll run over if there's massive news) and makes sure everyone's schedules stay on track. I was a bit hesitant about restricting KFGD but if it's for the sake of their mental health, work/life balance etc. then I have no problem with it.

Makes sense. Just a little disappointing. I guess I should look at this more as a "show" vs a "podcast' now; maybe that's what it was always meant to be viewed as.

capybara-dive

Nov 1, 2017
The new Gamescast today was great. Some really interesting discussion, with Jared saying some crazy shit and Andrea calling him on it

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Anyone brave enough to listen to Screencast and take note of their top 10 favourite movies of the year? I'm morbidly curious about it.

Also, big thumbs up for the first episode of The Kinda Funny Podcast.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Alright, I bit the bullet and listened to their top 10s and I've spoilered it in case anyone still hasn't listened. The movies they mentioned that they hadn't seen might as well have been a laundry list and are basically the best-reviewed films that came out this year. They also watch literally all of their films on an aeroplane, again showing how out of touch they are at this point.

Nick:
10. A Quiet Place
9. Bohemian Rhapsody
8. Isle of Dogs
7. Halloween
6. A Star is Born
5. Creed II
4. Mission Impossible: Fallout
3. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
2. Avengers: Infinity War
1. Vice

Tim:
10. Bumblebee
9. Hereditary
8. A Quiet Place
7. Creed II
6. Eighth Grade
5. Avengers: Infinity War
4. Flower
3. Searching
2. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
1. Bodied

Kevin:
10. Super Troopers 2
9. Hereditary
8. Mission Impossible: Fallout
7. Ant-Man & The Wasp
6. Isle of Dogs
5. Black Panther
4. The Incredibles 2
3. Deadpool 2
1. Avengers: Infinity War

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Jared was hilarious in Debatable, lol. Also, his line about looking like a fat robber on KFGD on Friday was hilarious as well.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I bit the bullet and listened to their top 10s and I've spoilered it in case anyone still hasn't listened. The movies they mentioned that they hadn't seen might as well have been a laundry list and are basically the best-reviewed films that came out this year. They also watch literally all of their films on an aeroplane, again showing how out of touch they are at this point.

Nick:
10. A Quiet Place
9. Bohemian Rhapsody
8. Isle of Dogs
7. Halloween
6. A Star is Born
5. Creed II
1. Vice

Tim:
10. Bumblebee
9. Hereditary
8. A Quiet Place
7. Creed II
6. Eighth Grade
4. Flower
3. Searching
1. Bodied

Kevin:
10. Super Troopers 2
9. Hereditary
7. Ant-Man & The Wasp
6. Isle of Dogs
5. Black Panther
4. The Incredibles 2
3. Deadpool 2
Why did you even bother lol

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Nick:
10. A Quiet Place
9. Bohemian Rhapsody
8. Isle of Dogs
7. Halloween
6. A Star is Born
5. Creed II
1. Vice

Tim:
10. Bumblebee
9. Hereditary
8. A Quiet Place
7. Creed II
6. Eighth Grade
4. Flower
3. Searching
1. Bodied

Kevin:
10. Super Troopers 2
9. Hereditary
7. Ant-Man & The Wasp
6. Isle of Dogs
5. Black Panther
4. The Incredibles 2
3. Deadpool 2

I'm so sorry you had to sit through that.

Which Gamescast is the one where Andrea argues with Jared?
Top 5 Most Anticipated or is it coming Monday? I don't have early access.

Last edited:

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Why did you even bother lol
Morbid curiosity lmao. I had to see how bad they were, and they were somehow worse than I could have possibly imagined. Putting Bumblebee, Halloween, Mission Impossible, Infinity War, Bodied, Super Troopers 2, Ant-Man & The Wasp, and Deadpool 2 on a list like this is just egregiously bad. They think those movies were top 10 for 2019, but The Last Jedi was somehow one of the worst movies they've ever seen. Can't wait to tune in every week to hear escalatingly worse movie takes.
I'm so sorry you had to sit through that.

Which Gamescast is the one where Andrea argues with Jared?
Top 5 Most Anticipated or is it coming Monday? I don't have early access.
I used the timestamps to get to the top 10 segment and listened at 2x speed, so it wasn't too bad.

It's the one coming on Monday. Last week's show didn't have Andrea on it.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
gamescast was weird for me because I really liked the topic but then they had to cut it short. Wish they would have skipped what we've been playing and got straight to the topic.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
gamescast was weird for me because I really liked the topic but then they had to cut it short. Wish they would have skipped what we've been playing and got straight to the topic.
Honestly, I think the Gamescast would be better if it were almost entirely topic based. Jared is the best at providing detailed impressions but what he plays often doesn't appeal to the audience. Organize the show around multiple topics and if there's a game they really need/want to discuss (like the Division 2 when Greg and Fran have gotten their hands on it), have that be one of the topics.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think the Gamescast would be better if it were almost entirely topic based. Jared is the best at providing detailed impressions but what he plays often doesn't appeal to the audience. Organize the show around multiple topics and if there's a game they really need/want to discuss (like the Division 2 when Greg and Fran have gotten their hands on it), have that be one of the topics.
yeah the best part was the end/postshow

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This is exactly how the show should be. You can't make a significant portion of the show about what they've been playing every week when they don't play that many games.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Morbid curiosity lmao. I had to see how bad they were, and they were somehow worse than I could have possibly imagined. Putting Bumblebee, Halloween, Mission Impossible, Infinity War, Bodied, Super Troopers 2, Ant-Man & The Wasp, and Deadpool 2 on a list like this is just egregiously bad. They think those movies were top 10 for 2019, but The Last Jedi was somehow one of the worst movies they've ever seen. Can't wait to tune in every week to hear escalatingly worse movie takes.

I used the timestamps to get to the top 10 segment and listened at 2x speed, so it wasn't too bad.

It's the one coming on Monday. Last week's show didn't have Andrea on it.

I like the fact that their top 10 doesn't only contain french art house movies they only included to show how smart they are. MI and Bumblebee are fantastic movies and highly praised by critics and fans. Avengers IW is probably one of my favorite movies I have ever seen, there's no question that movie wouldn't be my number 1 movie of 2018. I probably watched it 8 times and it keeps getting better.

Last Jedi on the other hand is one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen and I'm definitely not alone in that opinion.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
This is exactly how the show should be. You can't make a significant portion of the show about what they've been playing every week when they don't play that many games.
Especially when the conversation is so predictable.

"Still chipping away at <insert big open world/RPG game here>, haven't had much time to play it because of <insert industry event here>, but I did manage to play <insert Nindie here> on the plane and loved it."

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I like the fact that their top 10 doesn't only contain french art house movies they only included to show how smart they are. MI and Bumblebee are fantastic movies and highly praised by critics and fans. Avengers IW is probably one of my favorite movies I have ever seen, there's no question that movie wouldn't be my number 1 movie of 2018. I probably watched it 8 times and it keeps getting better.

Last Jedi on the other hand is one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen and I'm definitely not alone in that opinion.

The fact that they didn't even mention in their "special mention to these movies I haven't seen yet" section stuff like The favourite, Widows, BlacKkKlansman, Sorry to Bother You, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale, and Boy Erased to name a few, goes to show how poor their list is. All those movies are extremely mainstream, and all of them have reviewed pretty strongly and will feature at the Oscars for the movie itself, or for the performances given. It's not that they don't have these movies on their list; it's that they haven't even bothered to give them a chance.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
The fact that they didn't even mention in their "special mention to these movies I haven't seen yet" section stuff like The favourite, Widows, BlacKkKlansman, Sorry to Bother You, First Man, Bad Times at the El Royale, and Boy Erased to name a few, goes to show how poor their list is. All those movies are extremely mainstream, and all of them have reviewed pretty strongly and will feature at the Oscars for the movie itself, or for the performances given. It's not that they don't have these movies on their list; it's that they haven't even bothered to give them a chance.
Taste is subjective. Personally I was disappointed in Deadpool 2 but I have friends who loved it. I'm not going to say they are wrong because I have a different opinion.

I have seen most of the movies listed above and liked Avengers way more. Even a movie like Aquaman would probably make my top 10 movies of 2018.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Taste is subjective. Personally I was disappointed in Deadpool 2 but I have friends who loved it. I'm not going to say they are wrong because I have a different opinion.

I have seen most of the movies listed above and liked Avengers way more. Even a movie like Aquaman would probably make my top 10 movies of 2018.

ClearOffensiveEasternglasslizard-small.gif

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
i saw 30+ movies last year and didnt see The Favourite, Widows, Sorry to bother you or Boy Erased. its hard to see everything and no one is saying they are serious film critics

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I rewatch this every few months.

Finally got around to watching the final GOG and that stuff about Andy.

I hadn't seen this before but this is great! Reminds me of his thirty second reviews.

Also this was after Colin had already left right? Weird for them to bring him up like that, I feel like they wouldn't do that these days.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't seen this before but this is great! Reminds me of his thirty second reviews.

Also this was after Colin had already left right? Weird for them to bring him up like that, I feel like they wouldn't do that these days.

Andy was actually hired well before the whole Colin thing. As he was a co-owner at the time, he approved the hire (as did everyone else). Andy didn't start until after, though. His hiring was the best possible thing for KF. He was such a shot in the arm.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Andy was actually hired well before the whole Colin thing. As he was a co-owner at the time, he approved the hire (as did everyone else). Andy didn't start until after, though. His hiring was the best possible thing for KF. He was such a shot in the arm.

Yep so the announcement wasn't until after the Colin thing?

And yeah I agree wholeheartedly... Andy's been such a great addition. I really wish he was on more stuff but I get why he isn't.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Yep so the announcement wasn't until after the Colin thing?

And yeah I agree wholeheartedly... Andy's been such a great addition. I really wish he was on more stuff but I get why he isn't.

Sort of. That hiring announcement was on March 29th, 2017. Colin's last GOG appearance (and KF appearance in general) was on April 3rd, 2017. He resigned earlier in March (if I recall, the "joke tweet" was posted on International Women's Day, which is always early in March). Then Andy didn't make it to SF until some time after that GOG episode. I think the Cool Greg hiring was also made prior to Colin leaving, but it just wasn't announced until KFL 3. He actually was working for KF long before the official hiring announcement (we just assumed he was helping with some tasks).

Kikuchiyosuke

Jan 11, 2018
i saw 30+ movies last year and didnt see The Favourite, Widows, Sorry to bother you or Boy Erased. its hard to see everything and no one is saying they are serious film critics

Yeah. I wholeheartedly don't agree with their Top 10 picks, but KF Screencast is a show for the really average moviegoer (and not in a bad way). I don't expect them to watch the true critically-acclaimed movies, but if I want some good ol' popcorn and pizza movie that I can watch with my friends, then I'll tune in and listen to their picks.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I wholeheartedly don't agree with their Top 10 picks, but KF Screencast is a show for the really average moviegoer. I don't expect them to watch the true critically-acclaimed movies, but if I want some good ol' popcorn and pizza movie that I can watch with my friends, then I'll tune in and listen to their picks.
Yeah this was a weird year for movies. It was really hard for me to rank the movies I saw this year

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting very triggered listening to Jared's "Halo made shooters worse" take! Which I guess was the point of the episode. But god damn I could not disagree more vehemently if I tried.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting very triggered listening to Jared's "Halo made shooters worse" take! Which I guess was the point of the episode. But god damn I could not disagree more vehemently if I tried.
Oh my god i know. I was upset tim upended that responses to it so quickly. That was a conversation that needed to be had and they just kind of stopped it which made me even more irate.

Enjoyed the episode overall however. It was great getting nuanced discussion of mtxs from everyone and even andrea acknowledging how they can come off corporate friendly. I even think I wholeheartedly agree with her position on the matter. Good stuff.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

Jared was kind of weird this episode to be honest. He seemed to have something against Destiny specifically which I've never noticed before (weird considering how open he usually is). Like when they were doing the "what you've been playing" section he made some comments while Andrea and Fran were talking about it. Then his response to Andrea's microtransactions thing seemed to be focused on Destiny.

And his whole Halo argument seemed to be based around the fact that Halo ultimately led to Destiny. I think his point was that the gameplay of FPS games hasn't really evolved but that they've become conduits for microtransactions and online stores - which he's clearly talking about Destiny. It just seemed weird for someone who's usually so positive about games to be so dismissive of one in particular.

Also, did anyone catch that part where was going to give an example of microtransactions ruining a game but then said he couldn't say it and they all laughed about? What was that about? I assume he's talking about some EA game but couldn't say it because he worked there?

Anyway I thought the episode generally was great and Tim's right about the Wii U.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Selfishly petitioning for Andrea to leave WGG and replace Jared on the Gamescast. I really wish I could stomach her other two co-hosts on WGG because I love hearing her talk.

She's legit one of my favorite people in KF. Caught up with Gamescast and her with Fran had great chemistry. Hope they can host KFGD together sometime. Love how they all shut Jared down with his Halo opinion. Lol.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Selfishly petitioning for Andrea to leave WGG and replace Jared on the Gamescast. I really wish I could stomach her other two co-hosts on WGG because I love hearing her talk.

I love steimer and britt, all 3 have great chemistry together!
Would like for her to replace jared on gamescast though, then i could actually watch it again lol.

Cap10Deku

Dec 2, 2017
Seattle, Wa

Would honestly just love WGG and KF to merge! Or at the very least do even more collaborations together. The Xbox Event where WGG came and joined the cast was awesome and a fun watch. Sucks both of the other ladies live farther away. = /

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Fran is the best thing to happen to the Gamescast in the entirety of its existence. Even going beyond his knowledge and well articulated views, he has a terrific podcast voice. Also, we FINALLY have someone other than Andrea who isn't afraid to challenge opinions and to debate.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Fran is the best thing to happen to the Gamescast in the entirety of its existence. Even going beyond his knowledge and well articulated views, he has a terrific podcast voice. Also, we FINALLY have someone other than Andrea who isn't afraid to challenge opinions and to debate.
This is precisely what I've been needing from KF. I don't want to just listen to an echo chamber, I want to listen to diverging opinions and debate.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
That's been a huge problem with KF since Colin left, so I'm happy that Fran can help fill they void.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Internet Explorerz is hilarious. Had it ok in the background today and was cracking up. That and KF/AF are fantastic new additions.