• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
So just to spark a conversation, do you think there would ever be a chance where Colin guest hosts KFGD with Greg? Would it be too awkward? Probably and it might even tick a lot of their current fans off but I was

I mean...never say never, but I wouldn't bank on it. There was that whole thing a while back where Colin reached out to Greg and Greg basically said thanks but no thanks.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
So just to spark a conversation, do you think there would ever be a chance where Colin guest hosts KFGD with Greg? Would it be too awkward? Probably and it might even tick a lot of their current fans off but I was just thinking about who would be a guest in the future.

During the prior week's episode, I couldn't stop laughing over the soda bit and how Andy bought the Olive Garden gift card with the CVS gift card, lol
No. Greg has said he has moved on from Colin and I can't see Greg wanting to open the shirt storm that would cause. Colin is very persona non grata in the game industry at the moment.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Can't see it ever happening and to be honest I wouldn't want to. Colin is a different person to how he was in the Beyond/PSILY days (or perhaps is now more open about it) and I wouldn't really want KF to give him a platform for his views. Also it sounded like the "break up" got pretty sour in the end so unless they make up beforehand, it'd be super awkward.

I know it's something that some KF fans want and I suppose it would generate a lot of excitement, but I could care less for it. KF are far better off without him.

No. Greg has said he has moved on from Colin and I can't see Greg wanting to open the shirt storm that would cause. Colin is very persona non grata in the game industry at the moment.

Also this. So many other games industry people would, rightly, kick up a fuss about it that it just wouldn't be worth the hassle for them.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just was throwing it out there. I don't have expectations and they don't owe anyone anything. I just was pondering.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So just to spark a conversation, do you think there would ever be a chance where Colin guest hosts KFGD with Greg? Would it be too awkward? Probably and it might even tick a lot of their current fans off but I was just thinking about who would be a guest in the future.

During the prior week's episode, I couldn't stop laughing over the soda bit and how Andy bought the Olive Garden gift card with the CVS gift card, lol
Colin is full on alt-right now.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
We'll never see Colin on KF content again which is for the best. Dude has basically become this:

we-should-improve-society-somewhat-yet-you-participate-in-society-15851442.png

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer. I really liked Colin before he went full crazy. That last election cycle really fucked him up.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Colin is full on alt-right now.

Goddamn, this is what people really chose to believe around here? Dude has never been alt-right. Its fine if you don't like him or disagree with his conservative views but what has he done that gives him the alt-right label? I just don't understand the mentality of some people that think that if you aren't a progressive liberal you are alt-right.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, this is what people really chose to believe around here? Dude has never been alt-right. Its fine if you don't like him or disagree with his conservative views but what has he done that gives him the alt-right label? I just don't understand the mentality of some people that think that if you aren't a progressive liberal you are alt-right.
"Asians prove that systematic racism doesn't exist" is full on alt-right.
Saying stupid shit and then playing the victim when people call you out on it is full on alt-right.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He claims to be libertarian but libertarianism is just alt-right for people who still have a little bit of self-awareness and shame left.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry everyone. I didn't mean for this to turn into a Colin debate. I was just hypothesizing.

To be honest, Colin and Greg had great chemistry so I suppose that's where I was coming from.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
oh snap my question got picked for the kfpodcast. first time I've ever submitted a question into that show(/GoG) too lol

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Man, nothing gets a Kinda Funny thread moving than a post regarding Colin. Same thing happened all the time at the old place. Let's let the past be the past.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I just was spitballing. I don't mean to derail.

Oh no, it's no problem at all. But just looking at the number of reactions generated from the (very innocuous) post about Colin, it's clear how smart it is that Greg and co moved on completely. I think it's good for Greg personally (especially sense of mind), but also business wise. A lot of people would probably cancel their pledges if Colin was invited for anything. For instance, when Brandon Jones from Easy Allies agreed to go onto Colin's show, there was a whole lot of push back from the fans. He still talks about it to this day as a learning lesson.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I mean...never say never, but I wouldn't bank on it. There was that whole thing a while back where Colin reached out to Greg and Greg basically said thanks but no thanks.

Times changes and stranger things have happened but the way things are right now I don't even think Colin wants to return. His own podcast is getting really popular and he seems to be doing quite well on patreon. It doesn't seems like he's that big a person non grata in the industry since he has still strong ties with companies like Capcom and is friends with many well known people.

From time to time there are questions that Colin reads that are also in Kinda funny games daily which is kinda strange but it seems both Greg and Colin have moved on. I'm more curious who is going to replace Jared. Him leaving was really disappointing to me.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully fucking never
Thats because Greg is a stand up person.

Snore. Dude has been alt right for years and has only been more open about his shitty racist, sexist views once it became more acceptable to be out in the open by it (thanks in part to the president).

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Name one alt-right philosophy that Colin believes.

The hyperbole about the guy on this forum always has, and always will be, utterly ridiculous and slanderous.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Name one alt-right philosophy that Colin believes.

The hyperbole about the guy on this forum always has, and always will be, utterly ridiculous and slanderous.
Literally read like 6 posts up lol. Here I'l quote it for you

"Asians prove that systematic racism doesn't exist" is full on alt-right.
Saying stupid shit and then playing the victim when people call you out on it is full on alt-right.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I'll concede his tweet about Asian Americans was misguided. There's no denying that. I'm yet to see literally anything else though...I mean come on, he had a complete meltdown over Trump and refused to vote Republican in the last election.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll concede his tweet about Asian Americans was misguided. There's no denying that. I'm yet to see literally anything else though...I mean come on, he had a complete meltdown over Trump and refused to vote Republican in the last election.
Its not misguided. Its intrinsically apart of the rhetoric he spews about race and power relations in our culture. When even his own subreddit umped on him about that view he doubled down on it. Dude straight up holds repugnant views. Theres a reason why hes off limits here (and why the industry at large has cast him out).

Not to mention that argument is LITERALLY ripped out of the white supremacist handbook where it originated.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Its not misguided. Its intrinsically apart of the rhetoric he spews about race and power relations in our culture. When even his own subreddit umped on him about that view he doubled down on it. Dude straight up holds repugnant views. Theres a reason why hes off limits here (and why the industry at large has cast him out).
I don't know about the subreddit stuff, I'll look into it. All I know is he's supported LBGTQ rights multiple times online and disavowed a major part of his identity (Republican Party) when Trump won the primary and went on a war against basic decency, which wasn't easy for him. I'm just not seeing alt-right views.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know about the subreddit stuff, I'll look into it. All I know is he's supported LBGTQ rights multiple times online and disavowed a major part of his identity (Republican Party) when Trump won the primary and went on a war against basic decency, which wasn't easy for him. I'm just not seeing alt-right views.
Alt-right doesn't mean being republican, thats exactly what the term means, an alternative right (IE not republican). He can support lgbtq rights but when he also lost his job for sexist jokes, and the other tweets about him saying he wont check his status because he doesn't enjoy any special status or privilege (mind you this coming from the guy who has never had a legitimate job interview and now makes tons of money playing video games). Its been a constant for him. He might not share every ideology of the al-right, but he certainly has a ton of cross over. And he knows who he was pandering to when the KF drama went down (IE the alt right gamer gate crowd).

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Thanks for the response. All I'm seeing is fairly standard conservative/libertarian opinions (no one is inherently privileged, taxation is theft etc). Perhaps I'm being sensitive about it, but the alt-right label carries some pretty heavy connotations (white nationalism, formation of an ethnostate) and I've seen nothing from him that would even remotely suggest he's for those ideals, especially in light of his more socially progressive opinions.

I don't feel he pandered to that crowd at all...I'm sure it would have been far more lucrative for him to start a gamergate-esque channel after the KF fallout, but instead he made pretty boring history videos.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the response. All I'm seeing is fairly standard conservative/libertarian opinions (no one is inherently privileged, taxation is theft etc). Perhaps I'm being sensitive about it, but the alt-right label carries some pretty heavy connotations (white nationalism, formation of an ethnostate) and I've seen nothing from him that would even remotely suggest he's for those ideals, especially in light of his more socially progressive opinions.

I don't feel he pandered to that crowd at all...I'm sure it would have been far more lucrative for him to start a gamergate-esque channel after the KF fallout, but instead he made pretty boring history videos.
Libertarianism is the foundation of the alt-right. If you continue to defend Colin you don't belong in this thread. Start a Colin's Last Stand OT thread (oh wait you can't, Colin is a banned personality here for a reason).

...Andrea
Don't do this Andrea

Great... now she will be shilling this game like she shills Destiny over and over and over again on the shows.

Last edited:

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017

you don't see any instances where he is alt-right except for all the examples provided? Ok dude.

How about purposefully picking International Women's Day to make a sophomoric joke denigrating women? And then doubling down when called out?
How about blaming the left for Lady GaGa having to keep a low profile at the super bowl even though it was the right who flipped out on beyonce the year before?
How about comparing a dude making fun of your public comments on twitter to women being sexually harassed at work?
How about claiming that Steve Bannon is a "super smart" dude?
How about regurgitating the line people "just need to pick themselves up by the bootstraps" another line that people who don't think systematic racism exists commonly say?

Not to mention the examples I've already provided. So please, kindly leave this thread with your Colin defending. We've all pretty much moved on from him in this thread for a reason.