• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder why they decided not to walk about future movies during the F&F In reviews. I enjoyed them discussing the hints and precursors that were littered in the previous movies (think Avengers 2 when rewatching it now vs back when it first went out we can now see a lot of the plots started during that movie).

Not a huge deal just a curious change. Wonder if there was backlash in terms of some fans who watch this as a first time review vs LTTP review?

Oh they don't anymore? Good. I hated that as a person who was watching the movies for the first time with this review series.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder why they decided not to walk about future movies during the F&F In reviews. I enjoyed them discussing the hints and precursors that were littered in the previous movies (think Avengers 2 when rewatching it now vs back when it first went out we can now see a lot of the plots started during that movie).

Not a huge deal just a curious change. Wonder if there was backlash in terms of some fans who watch this as a first time review vs LTTP review?
It's because Barrett hasn't seen any so they don't wanna spoil him.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
A literal lighting strike prevented this from happening :(
Hopefully next time won't be too far away.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he was pretty positive. However, Tim's memory of PS2 games is very wrong lol. KH3 is not close to a PS2 game.

Kinda Funny obsession with the jump button is funny though. If it's not on X then it's on the wrong button.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
That's a bit ridiculous... all his complaints seemed fairly valid and overall he seemed to enjoy it. KH fans are notoriously sensitive to negativity though right? So it checks out...

Kinda Funny obsession with the jump button is funny though. If it's not on X then it's on the wrong button.

They're not wrong though.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
They're not wrong though.

Not really. I prefer bumper(i.e L1) jumps in shooters because that way I won't take my hands off the aiming stick. Souls games have jump on circle because it's not a necessary move.

In KH case, attack is gonna be used so much more so putting it on X makes sense. KH3 has different layouts but as usual a full button remapping option would've been great.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently listening to the Tokyo Drift in review and I think Nick should take over for Greg in the plot from here on out. At least for this series.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Listening to them talk about Dreams on the latest podcast made me want to pull my hair out.

Also, their timestamps are not even remotely correct. I actually wanted to use them this week to avoid Kingdom Hearts and RE2 spoilers and the timestamps were wayyyyyyy off.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I clicked on the KH3 timestamp and it was RE2 spoilers and I was confused for a second lol.
So fair warning!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Also, their timestamps are not even remotely correct. I actually wanted to use them this week to avoid Kingdom Hearts and RE2 spoilers and the timestamps were wayyyyyyy off.
I clicked on the KH3 timestamp and it was RE2 spoilers and I was confused for a second lol.
So fair warning!
From the YouTube comments on the Timstamps

"they copy and paste the time codes from the pre and post show version of the episodes."

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has the Beta for Dreams for weeks and love the game a lot, I think they have been pretty spot on.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I think they're right in saying that dreams will be really hard to advertise and show off to people

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
From the YouTube comments on the Timstamps

"they copy and paste the time codes from the pre and post show version of the episodes."
With the number of people they have working for them now they should be able to get accurate timestamps. Especially when spoilers are involved.

I think Dreams is actually really easy to advertise and show off to people. It's already making waves on the internet with people recreating PT and it's only going to keep growing from there. The game basically advertises itself IMO with all of the crazy and cool shit that has been done with it and will be done with it in the future. I think they're too caught up on the idea that audiences will be too overwhelmed by the creation aspects, and neglecting the fact that they never even have to touch that side of things and can instead just play the story and user-created levels.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Man I cannot wait for Tim to get to all the endings of KHIII, I sort of hope he records himself watching them because I can see him going crazy lmao.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
As an avid LBP creator, Greg is right about Dreams being actually somehow easier to create in, at least in many ways.

I got kinda frustrated at the "how do you balance marketing a game for creators and for people who just want to play" and I'm like UHHH the exact way LBP did it! lol

Literally if they just had a 3D platformer campaign with a better mascot I don't think their marketing job would be particularly hard.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
As an avid LBP creator, Greg is right about Dreams being actually somehow easier to create in, at least in many ways.

I got kinda frustrated at the "how do you balance marketing a game for creators and for people who just want to play" and I'm like UHHH the exact way LBP did it! lol

Literally if they just had a 3D platformer campaign with a better mascot I don't think their marketing job would be particularly hard.
But due to Sackboy LBP was far easier to market as a platformer.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
But due to Sackboy LBP was far easier to market as a platformer.

I mentioned "better mascot"

Even without a defined mascot I think they could still do a lot better if they showed a bunch of 3D platforming levels with a variety of characters, though I'm not necassarily condemning them for it. Evidently that's not the kind of campaign they wanted to make.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
They've had a nice assortment of guests lately. Brittany was great on the Gamescast, as was Meghan on KFGD.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I found it kinda oblivious for people to believe in xCloud or video game streaming so much.

A lot of people say the KF guys live in a SF bubble but I just wanna point out that even their streams lag a ton. They are just wishful thinking right now.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I found it kinda oblivious for people to believe in xCloud or video game streaming so much.

A lot of people say the KF guys live in a SF bubble but I just wanna point out that even their streams lag a ton. They are just wishful thinking right now.

They just want to play whatever on their phone or laptop since they are never at home.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
This weeks KF/AF was so good, Andy and Nick are so good together.

Never thought I would get angry from watching two dudes taking a shower eating a pizza because that Pizza looked delicious.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch movies on the plane, play games on the phone. London, Australia here we come ! !

Man it ain't just traveling over seas.

As an adult with a family of 4 about to be 5 of us the days of having time to camp in front of my TV to roll through a game like idk Tales or Morrowind or Final Fantasy that's 50+ hours has long since passed me by.

I played BotW on my TV one time? My kids use my dock all the time, but I don't have the schedule. Everytime we get on the PS4 it's as a BR player and I think wish I could play X game.

On the flip side my most played game this decade has been Hearthstone since I can play on my laptop, desktop, tablet, or phone.

Hell I was finishing up WoL with my coffee this morning propped up on my bed staying out of the way til my son was ready for me to take him to school.

As much as I'd like to be checking out the Destiny 2 expansion I just haven't had the time to.

I say that as someone who understands streaming for most won't work, and connection speeds across NA suck mostly. I get the dream though.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Not that many people here will probably care, but friend of Kinda Funny (and subject of one of the first Kinda Funny videos) Hunter Pence signed with the Texas Rangers. I thought it would've been fun for him to end up on my Orioles. They need some veteran leadership on the field with their (hopefully not too long) rebuild phase.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Not that many people here will probably care, but friend of Kinda Funny (and subject of one of the first Kinda Funny videos) Hunter Pence signed with the Texas Rangers. I thought it would've been fun for him to end up on my Orioles. They need some veteran leadership on the field with their (hopefully not too long) rebuild phase.

I totally always forget about that video! Now that was a LONG time ago haha.