• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Anybody read this thread over on the KF subreddit? I feel like it raises a really good point and it's endemic of a larger overall issue at Kinda Funny; these guys will talk as if they're experts on every single subject. The fact that they are so up the Nintendo Switch's ass that they somehow handwaved how major it is for Nintendo to miss their projections for it is staggering. They missed their projection by a significant amount, which is a fucking big deal. They need to realise when they're out of their depth and simply read the news, rather than try to dissect it because it only makes them sound foolish or misinforms their audience.

Man it ain't just traveling over seas.

As an adult with a family of 4 about to be 5 of us the days of having time to camp in front of my TV to roll through a game like idk Tales or Morrowind or Final Fantasy that's 50+ hours has long since passed me by.

I played BotW on my TV one time? My kids use my dock all the time, but I don't have the schedule. Everytime we get on the PS4 it's as a BR player and I think wish I could play X game.

On the flip side my most played game this decade has been Hearthstone since I can play on my laptop, desktop, tablet, or phone.

Hell I was finishing up WoL with my coffee this morning propped up on my bed staying out of the way til my son was ready for me to take him to school.

As much as I'd like to be checking out the Destiny 2 expansion I just haven't had the time to.

I say that as someone who understands streaming for most won't work, and connection speeds across NA suck mostly. I get the dream though.
Nobody at Kinda Funny has kids though, so that's a pretty big difference. Obviously, they all have commitments but nothing as major as having to raise children.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Don't really get party mode after party, it's meant to be a big chunk of them just playing a game unedited but it's only 20 mins long?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Bought 3 cans of La Croix to see what the fuss is about.

They're bloody disgusting. There's zero flavour, it's just carbonated water.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My local grocery store makes a store brand flavored seltzer and its great.

Anyway I'm not sure if I like Fran yet and I am getting tired if the bandwagoning. I started listening to KF because they were PlayStation centric.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Someone at KF said Lacroix tastes like drinking carbonated water while someone cuts fruit in the room.

Its accurate.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I typically can't stand sparkling water, but I tried Bubly (the Pepsi version of LaCroix) and I liked it (enough). It was cherry flavored. It was just enough cherry flavor to make it palatable.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of the hate on it is misguided imo. I don't see it as generally being something you just get into because its "good". It's more for soda addicted people to drink something healthier. That's how Tim got into it. Of course if you are just a conessuior (too lazy to google spelling) of sparkling water and don't find la croix to be good among other sparkling waters then that's fair.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the hate on it is misguided imo. I don't see it as generally being something you just get into because its "good". It's more for soda addicted people to drink something healthier. That's how Tim got into it. Of course if you are just a conessuior (too lazy to google spelling) of sparkling water and don't find la croix to be good among other sparkling waters then that's fair.
I'd rather drink water, it has zero flavour.

Flavoured waters in the UK are a lot nicer, and they're 0 calories.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
480249855214747679.png

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
This is part of the Gamescast (out for Patrons now, for everyone tomorrow). I'm spoiler tagging it for that reason. Just being overly cautious.

For anyone one that watched/listened (or don't care about waiting for tomorrow)
did you catch the hint there will be a new part-timer and/or Gamescast co-host in March? It was when they said they will not remove Jared from the Gamescast intro, as there will be other changes in March (paraphrased). I wonder if it will be Andy or Andrea or if they will get a new part-timer to take Jared's place. Which would you prefer (and if the latter, who would you like to see them bring in?)?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Should I be spoiler tagging my response too?

Yeah I caught that too... could just be that the intro will take a while to do though?

Personally I hope it's someone completely new, nothing against Andy or Andrea, just they're already on stuff so would be nice to have a different voice somewhere.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Should I be spoiler tagging my response too?

Yeah I caught that too... could just be that the intro will take a while to do though?

Personally I hope it's someone completely new, nothing against Andy or Andrea, just they're already on stuff so would be nice to have a different voice somewhere.

I just figured I should as it's technically behind a paywall until tomorrow.

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
The reference on Linus' Tech Tips was pretty cool ("10 Ways Android is Just Better").

I'm new to Linus. I enjoy his output.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I see Colin is throwing another shitfit. Oh you!

I don't typically feel the need (or want to) come to his defense, but he did send professional e-mails requesting codes and thus maybe should have been given the codes. However, he definitely should not have escalated it when the request was denied. I mean, was he really surprised? The industry does not seem to like him all that much (yes, I know that many prominent figures still support him quite publicly). So having the request denied should not have been that much of a shock to him. Did he do this knowing what the outcome would be?

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't typically feel the need (or want to) come to his defense, but he did send professional e-mails requesting codes and thus maybe should have been given the codes. However, he definitely should not have escalated it when the request was denied. I mean, was he really surprised? The industry does not seem to like him all that much. So having the request denied should not have been that much of a shock to him. Did he do this knowing what the outcome would be?
Sending the email asking for codes is fine. Sending multiple emails, publishing them and then throwing a hissy fit and sending another passive aggressive email which he also published is what I have issue with. Dude probably burned so many more bridges with that behaviour.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Sending the email asking for codes is fine. Sending multiple emails, publishing them and then throwing a hissy fit and sending another passive aggressive email which he also published is what I have issue with. Dude probably burned so many more bridges with that behaviour.

Yeah. Everything after the initial e-mail isn't a (yet another) good look.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't typically feel the need (or want to) come to his defense, but he did send professional e-mails requesting codes and thus maybe should have been given the codes. However, he definitely should not have escalated it when the request was denied. I mean, was he really surprised? The industry does not seem to like him all that much (yes, I know that many prominent figures still support him quite publicly). So having the request denied should not have been that much of a shock to him. Did he do this knowing what the outcome would be?
Lmfao no, just because he asked nicely for codes does not mean he should have been given them.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow him on Twitter anymore, yet I guess because enough of people in the industry that I follow still do, I often get tweets of his in my timeline. In this case, someone I follow retweeted another tweet calling him out.
I honestly feel like Colin does this just to stay relevant, because I'll go months at a time without hearing a thing about him (amazing considering I follow Bob who apparently stalks him like a crazy person) and then he does a stunt like this and boom he's talked about again.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Constantly bashes entitlement on Twitter. Proceeds to whine, be petty and play the victim because he didn't get a code he felt entitled to. Sounds like Colin.

More on topic: I would reeeally like for them to have Gen on the Gamescast sometime to talk about what she does/did for work. She did PR/Communications stuff for Square Enix Montreal before moving to the U.S. and now runs an independent marking business that works with indie developers. I work in PR myself and would LOVE to learn more about that seldom covered side of the industry.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anytime anyone whines about not getting codes is annoying. Tim kind of did that with Kingdom Hearts 3. Like just buy the fucking game.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't think he got a code until release.

I think the reason those peeps complain is because they're not getting it early to have ready for their content at the embargo (and their own personal gain of course). I'm pretty sure Tim was only concerned with getting a code before the game was out, but not by the time when it was available for purchase.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
More on topic: I would reeeally like for them to have Gen on the Gamescast sometime to talk about what she does/did for work. She did PR/Communications stuff for Square Enix Montreal before moving to the U.S. and now runs an independent marking business that works with indie developers. I work in PR myself and would LOVE to learn more about that seldom covered side of the industry.

I get the feeling Greg likes to keep his and Gen's work separate. Like he hardly talked about The Messenger (Tim did, but I can't remember Greg ever saying anything) or Guacamelee 2 even though he's in the damn game. I imagine coming from a journalism background he's probably concerned about conflicts of interest and stuff like that.

But I agree, I think it's part of the industry that rarely gets a mention so it'd be interesting to hear her talk about it.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love these guys. So if you subscribe you have to use Patreon to download all the podcasts? That's gonna be a no from me if so. I'm using Spotify now.

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Love these guys. So if you subscribe you have to use Patreon to download all the podcasts? That's gonna be a no from me if so. I'm using Spotify now.

Do you mean for early access episodes, or just all the content in general? In general everthing gets posted everywhere. YouTube, Spotify, Google Play etc! :)

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

If you're a Patreon subscriber you get a link that you can put into pretty much any podcast app to access the shows. Not sure if that works on Spotify but I use it on the Apple app and it's fine.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling Greg likes to keep his and Gen's work separate. Like he hardly talked about The Messenger (Tim did, but I can't remember Greg ever saying anything) or Guacamelee 2 even though he's in the damn game. I imagine coming from a journalism background he's probably concerned about conflicts of interest and stuff like that.

But I agree, I think it's part of the industry that rarely gets a mention so it'd be interesting to hear her talk about it.
Yeah I can see that.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed how much I cringe everytime they pronounce niche as "nitch" rather than "neesh". I know both are correct but I can't help it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth even watching gamescast? I doubt they've played enough of Apex, Division 2 or Anthem to have impressions.