• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of the 3 outlets I follow (along with Giant Bomb and Easy Allies) KF is the weakest when it comes to informative games coverage. I used to enjoy the discussions but now its just merely background noise for my daily commute.

This whole Anthem fiasco isn't doing them much favors, felt sorry for Tim on the Gamescast, surrounded by Anthem shills.
I legitimately felt bad for Tim when he brought up the recent Jim Sterling video about the state of small singleplayer games in the industry and Andrea just verbally mauled him before he could even finish speaking.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately felt bad for Tim when he brought up the recent Jim Sterling video about the state of small singleplayer games in the industry and Andrea just verbally mauled him before he could even finish speaking.
She'd already made her mind up, as usual everyone else is wrong.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The recent coverage has been a total shitshow. At this point I can't even watch any of their content without being beat over the head with GaaS talk and Andrea's you're wrong, I'm right shtick.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
lol go on the anthem and ps4 subreddits, multiple reports of bricked consoles

I was going off the Kotaku article. I avoid Reddit.

Regardless it's still just an opinion based show. They aren't journalists and they mention that quite often.

IDK man I just dont get the point of getting up in arms over video games.

Greg and Andrea will never learn when they have people like this reinforcing their views.

You are joking right. I'm tired of people's shit ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/kindafunny...vw9xz?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

That is one response in a thread with others agreeing with them.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
She'd already made her mind up, as usual everyone else is wrong.
That's what annoys me the most about her latley. I really use to like her but now she just tells everyone there wrong when they have a different point. No that's called a conversation, bring up some points that will persuade the other side to agree with you instead of just telling them there pure wrong. If you tell me with a straight face that third party publishers still make single player games I will laugh in your face. Besides Japanese their party punishers y'all doing good 👌

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kinda Funny just sees that comment as the silent majority speaking up.

The worst part about that comment is the use of the term "looter shooter". Anybody who refers to a game as a "looter shooter" is a cop.
I take extreme offense to this lol. Its looter shooter, this shlooter trend is more out of control than kinda funny's defense force of anthem!

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Just listened to yesterday's KFGD and actually thought the discussion on Anthem, their takes on Anthem and their reviews in general was really good. I appreciate that they're clearly aware that people are upset and seem to be taking that on board. I can see Greg's point too about how he thought Fran's review was the main review and his and Andrea's comments were just a second opinion. Having not played Anthem, I feel like Fran's actually been the most well-rounded in his opinion and given me a fair idea of the game, but everyone seems to be focusing on Andrea and Greg's comments.

Also couldn't care less if they call their videos reviews, impressions or whatever. To me it's all semantics - you're getting the same thing at the end of the day, someone talking about a game they played and telling you if you should buy it. Like what's the difference really? If it's more commercial for them to put "review" in the title then so be it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also couldn't care less if they call their videos reviews, impressions or whatever. To me it's all semantics - you're getting the same thing at the end of the day, someone talking about a game they played and telling you if you should buy it. Like what's the difference really? If it's more commercial for them to put "review" in the title then so be it.
Agreed that getting fussy about whether it's truly a "review" is silly.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn Tim addressing how little people took him seriously in KFGD yesterday..

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where is he addressing this?
Roughly 18:30 into it, talking about KH and how people didn't care for his opinion but now that he disagrees with the crew about Anthem, people are giving him more positive attention. He's being pretty transparent.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Damn Tim addressing how little people took him seriously in KFGD yesterday..

Really appreciated Tims rant on KFGD yesterday. Felt like it really addressed a lot of the concerns on here and the sub-reddit. Hopefully we'll start to see some changes filtering through to Gamescast now that he's aware of the issues.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Tim's rant as well. I feel that being on the outside for the Anthem situation and only paid attention to it recently has gave him a good perspective on the situation. I think he is getting where many of the frustration are coming from and I hope he talks it over with the crew behind the scenes.

Also not surprised about the KH3 part, that game is polarizing and there are many infighting within that community. I personally loved Tim's review and thought it was great but with such a divisive game, I'm not surprised he got some flak as well.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I also enjoyed Tim's speech as well but Ive been saying for a long time now Tim is my favorite. His Kh3 review was also spot on. I actually would love for tim to do more reviews.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Tim is probably the one who i share the most in common with when it comes to taste in games.
Because he's on so many different shows though it's obviously hard to cover different stuff.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
KFAF is art today. The chemistry Nick and Andy have is fucking unreal. I could watch those 2 do literally nothing and be entertained.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Next Gamescast sounds like the most stacked episode in a loooong time. Really looking forward to Greg's impressions of Days Gone. Sounds like the preview event really won him over.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
How is KFAF so good!?!

Andy doing the Connect Between 3 and 5 song on the Fortnite in piano had me in stitches.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Ive been listening to the KF guys for years but I've been completely on the outside of this whole Anthem thing. I watch all their shows and haven't noticed a big issue. I could tell from Anthem's marketing it was going to be an average at best game with the amount of personality EA was going to allow. If Greg enjoyed the game I expect him to tell me he enjoyed it. What's the issue? This all seems kind of like a dogpile to me. EA's obviously awful. I don't want to buy the game but I don't have a problem with people discussing it in a positive or negative way? If I dislike something I move on. I don't get fixated on who is "defending" what. I don't understand why people need to constantly hate something even though they aren't planning on getting it anyway? Just move on?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
KFAF is art today. The chemistry Nick and Andy have is fucking unreal. I could watch those 2 do literally nothing and be entertained.

KFAF, IEz mainly but also the Kinda Funny Podcast have definitely taken a focus for me the gaming stuff less so as time has gone on, not interested in majority of GAAS games and seems like now everyone has the same opinion and plays the same stuff besides Tim who continues to bring some good opinions and games.