• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Andrea is okay. She IS very defensive and comes off as pompous. She has good insight and can provide good discussions but she has a hard time saying she is wrong about anything. Also, I completely disagree when anyone says her and Tim have good chemistry. She comes off as disrespectful a lot of the times when hosting with Tim, in my opinion.

I like her fine enough but just wish she ate the humble pie once in a while.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Personally i've always thought Persona 5 was not coming to the Switch because of the old Persona : Sony = SMT : Nintendo which has been a thing for more than a decade. (so there has to be some exclusivity deal behind)
Well, it's kind of a different thing but Persona Q 1 and 2 are on 3DS.
P5 on Switch never seemed like a stretch to me. There was just no reason to put that game on a Nintendo system back when it was being developed. And I never got the sense that there was a deal with Sony. It was just an exclusive by default, like Nier at first.
And even if there was a deal, if Mass Effect was able to come to PS3, nothing is impossible.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't agree. I can still remember Colin shitting on games before they come out and proclaim "Colin was right" after without playing any of it.

I was glad his stubborn old man ass was gone. He was the type of person who only believes in himself and sometimes a few others.
Colin has a hard time admitting he's wrong too, definitely. He's well-spoken and can drive his point across but it comes off as an attack almost, rather than a discussion. He talks THROUGH people rather than to / with.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Did she say that? She probably wants a PS console exclusive to stay exclusive or just to upset Nintendo fans i don't know.

Personally i've always thought Persona 5 was not coming to the Switch because of the old Persona : Sony = SMT : Nintendo which has been a thing for more than a decade. (so there has to be some exclusivity deal behind)
it was on the Monday episode of this weeks KFGD.
She literally said that P5 will only come to Switch when someone hacks the switch and plays it trough emulation.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Andrea is apparently a permanent member of the gamescast now. (I read she's in the intro for the KFGamescast). I think this is great news tbh. I know there have been points of critisim with her lately, but for the most part I love the vibe that she brings with all 4 of them at the table discussing stuff.

No one is mad at them for being more positive on the game. Were irritated because 1. It's been a non stop topic 2. When they defend it they go completely overboard like blatantly lying about every game ever crashing their ps4, calling reviewers and critics' criticism unfair or unfounded before even playing the game for themselves, interrupting co hosts to shut down their criticism of it and 3. Acting like the backlash is undeserved and coming from haters rather than the game itself just being a subpar product.

Not a single one of those is asking them to be negative or not talk about enjoying the game. Everyone enjoys something most others find shitty. No one is angry about that or asking them to be angry Joe. Their community has however been very vocal that they've gone overboard and theres a reason they had to address it. Can we for the love of god move on from anthem now lol?

Absolutley people are mad at them for that. Have you seen this wave of flak they're getting? A ton of it is stemming from the fact that they are being more positive and less negative than people want them to be on the game. And this is what I'm saying. It's not just Andrea's handwaving or things like that.

Last edited:

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
it was on the Monday episode of this weeks KFGD.
She literally said that P5 will only come to Switch when someone hacks the switch and plays it trough emulation.

Weird how confident she is about that...
P5 is not published by Sony and anything that isn't published by Sony is possible to come anywhere.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Anthem is apparently a permanent member of the gamescast now. (I read she's in the intro for the KFGamescast). I think this is great news tbh. I know there have been points of critisim with her lately, but for the most part I love the vibe that she brings with all 4 of them at the table discussing stuff.

Absolutley people are mad at them for that. Have you seen this wave of flak they're getting? A ton of it is stemming from the fact that they are being more positive and less negative than people want them to be on the game. And this is what I'm saying. It's not just Andrea's handwaving.

Anthem is member of the gamescast now? :P

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anthem is apparently a permanent member of the gamescast now. (I read she's in the intro for the KFGamescast). I think this is great news tbh. I know there have been points of critisim with her lately, but for the most part I love the vibe that she brings with all 4 of them at the table discussing stuff.

Absolutley people are mad at them for that. Have you seen this wave of flak they're getting? A ton of it is stemming from the fact that they are being more positive and less negative than people want them to be on the game. And this is what I'm saying. It's not just Andrea's handwaving or things like that.
I need to see receipts of this because honestly no, I haven't seen people upset with them JUST for being positive about the game.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Well, it's kind of a different thing but Persona Q 1 and 2 are on 3DS.
P5 on Switch never seemed like a stretch to me. There was just no reason to put that game on a Nintendo system back when it was being developed. And I never got the sense that there was a deal with Sony. It was just an exclusive by default, like Nier at first.
And even if there was a deal, if Mass Effect was able to come to PS3, nothing is impossible.

Those are spin-offs, kinda like the FF Crystal Chronicles games on Gamecube and Wii.

I don't know maybe you're right (but then why SMT V is Switch exclusive?), we'll find out soon this month maybe.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I keep saying "more positive and less negative than people want them to be" for a reason. Just look on the comments of the first Fran's Anthem review Gamescast episode.
Again not seeing where anyone is saying this so maybe you could select a few posts that you think do what youre suggesting. I also don't think the review video is a great place to start considering they had to clarify that their reviews aren't your typical review styles and people were evaluating that review from the prospect that it was. I look at their other youtube comment sections like today's kfgd and just see people being critical of the fact that they are downplaying problems and telling gamers they should not be overreacting to their consoles being soft bricked.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Again not seeing where anyone is saying this so maybe you could select a few posts that you think do what youre suggesting. I also don't think the review video is a great place to start considering they had to clarify that their reviews aren't your typical review styles and people were evaluating that review from the prospect that it was. I look at their other youtube comment sections like today's kfgd and just see people being critical of the fact that they are downplaying problems and telling gamers they should not be overreacting to their consoles being soft bricked.

I mean that's what"being more positive and less negative than people want them to be" is. The bolded basically sum up much of the response they are getting to that of which I put in quotes. And they were getting this pushback much before the soft brick situation (Which I agree seems weird how they dismmissed it). Regardless of how much one thinks these criticisms are valid, much of this is indeed coming from what I said.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean that's what"being more positive and less negative than people want them to be" is. The bolded basically sum up much of the response they are getting to that of which I put in quotes. And they were getting this pushback much before the soft brick situation (Which I agree seems weird how they dismmissed it). Regardless of how much one thinks these criticisms are valid, much of this is indeed coming from what I said.
No its not. Youre equating giving a critical evaluation of a game with being negative about a game which is entirely different. People aren't asking them to just be negative for no reason. And I think the fact I keep asking you to support this but you havent shows that no one is really asking them to just shit on the game or not to like it as much as you and others keep trying to argue. Theyre asking that they not make light of a situation that is harming people's consoles, or telling them that were overreacting or lying about how frequently games do this. Thats not being negative, thats asking to be reasonable. By this logic were calling a defense of a game harming your ps4 a positive. In what world?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
That's not at all what you said.

Folk calling them out for downplaying a game bricking consoles is not the same as folk complaining that they're enjoying a game.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
No its not. Youre equating giving a critical evaluation of a game with being negative about a game which is entirely different. People aren't asking them to just be negative for no reason. And I think the fact I keep asking you to support this but you havent shows that no one is really asking them to just shit on the game or not to like it as much as you and others keep trying to argue. Theyre asking that they not make light of a situation that is harming people's consoles, or telling them that were overreacting or lying about how frequently games do this. Thats not being negative, thats asking to be reasonable. By this logic were calling a defense of a game harming your ps4 a positive. In what world?

I already directed you to those Fran video comments. IIRC, nowhere in Fran's review was he handwaving other people's criticisms. He mentioned things he liked and disliked, and mentioned problems he was having, and also saying that the load times don't bother him as much as other people. (And then in the comments of that very video you get people giving him criticism on not being negative enough about the laod times, when they clearly said how they felt about them. This is people just, again, giving them flak for not being as negative as they want them to be) And I already mentioned that this flak was happening much before the soft bricking comments happened, and I also already said I agree with the criticism directed at that, so I don't know why you're pushing that topic again as if to move the needle of this conversation lol.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I already directed you to those Fran video comments. IIRC, owhere in Fran's review was he handwaving other people's criticisms. He mentioned things he liked and disliked, and mentioned problems he was having, and also saying that the load times don't bother him as much as other people. (And then in the comments of that very video you get people giving him criticism on not being negative enough about the laod times, when they clearly said how they felt about them. This is people just, again, giving them flak for not being as negative as they want them to be) And I already mentioned that this flak was happening much before the soft bricking comments happened, and I also already said I agree with the criticism directed at that, so I don't know why you're pushing that topic again as if to move the needle of this conversation lol.
And I already stated I don't see anywhere in the Fran video that suggests what youre saying so again, maybe evidence it rather than telling me to look because I don't see anything suggesting what youre saying. greg got shit for the load times comment because he was objectively wrong. Angry joe literally pulled the time he spent in load screens from his stream vs the time he spent playing and evidenced that he spent more time in loading screens than playing the game. Hell, even andrea, after saying the load screens aren't an issue on this show, is on whats good games complaining about the load screens (again really weird dichotomy on her end). This outlet is the only place that suggests the load screens aren't a problem, and its one thing to say they dont bother you and nother to say theyre quick or go by quickly when thats just not true at all. This totally deserves criticism from the fans- not because they just want him to shit on the game-but because hes straight up distorting the reality of the situation.

The kfgd anthem cycle

-Anthem discussion gets brought up
-a piece of criticism comes up
-kf gang hand wave, downplay, and straight up lie about the frequency of these problems (such as andrea saying every game on her ps4 ever crashes)
-kf receives criticism for this for donw playing legitimate issues
-people come in and tell everyone criticizing them to stop telling them not to enjoy the game
-people attempt to clarify no one is saying this and they merely would appreciate if they stopped downplaying serious issues (they can enjoy the game despite of this)
-Kf reads arguments and suggests that its just people wanting ot hate the game, engage in schadenfreude, dont like EA, dont want them having fun, are a vocal minority
-defenders of kf repeat this
-critics repeat no one is upset about their enjoyment

rinse and repeat

I brought up the situation because by your logic were calling a defense of anthem bricking ps4s a positive, because youre saying the opposite is negative. In what world does a game shutting down your ps4 constitute as a positive while being frustrated about a game shutting down your ps4 a negative? It makes no sense.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
And I already stated I don't see anywhere in the Fran video that suggests what youre saying so again, maybe evidence it rather than telling me to look because I don't see anything suggesting what youre saying. greg got shit for the load times comment because he was objectively wrong. Angry joe literally pulled the time he spent in load screens from his stream vs the time he spent playing and evidenced that he spent more time in loading screens than playing the game. Hell, even andrea, after saying the load screens aren't an issue on this show, is on whats good games complaining about the load screens (again really weird dichotomy on her end). This outlet is the only place that suggests the load screens aren't a problem, and its one thing to say they dont bother you and nother to say theyre quick or go by quickly when thats just not true at all. This totally deserves criticism from the fans- not because they just want him to shit on the game-but because hes straight up distorting the reality of the situation.

I brought up the situation because by your logic were calling a defense of anthem bricking ps4s a positive, because youre saying the opposite is negative. In what world does a game shutting down your ps4 constitute as a positive while being frustrated about a game shutting down your ps4 a negative? It makes no sense.

If you're looking at the same video comments, you're looking at the same comments as me. You're just percieving them different than I. I mean what the heck do you make of comments like these? https://i.imgur.com/B5oXUXV.png Because this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, and were not uncommon.

Objectively wrong? Didn't Greg say they were way too many but they're not gamebreaking for him? Also did Andrea say that in this video? Nevertheless that above comment is focusing soley on Fran.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you're looking at the same video comments, you're looking at the same comments as me. You're just percieving them different than I. I mean what the heck do you make of comments like these? https://i.imgur.com/B5oXUXV.png Because this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, and were not uncommon.

Objectively wrong? Didn't Greg say they were way too many but they're not gamebreaking for him? Also did Andrea say that in this video? Nevertheless that above comment is focusing soley on Fran.
Again being objectively wrong about something and being corrected and criticized for being wrong about something does not mean anyone is being negative, or asking them to be negative. Greg can say he doesn't mind the load screens because he is on his phone. But objectively they are long, and frequent, and even Andrea who defended it on the show, is over on whats good games confirming that they are in fact an issue. Greg was empirically wrong about that statement. People are calling him out for it. That is not being negative, that is being critical that he is distorting the reality of the situation.

EDIT or fran for that matter.
If Andrea truly is the new 4th chair then what is the post of the What's Good Games podcast? Isn't she just going to be repeating herself over and over again?
Shes actually a 180 different person when discussing anthem on whats good games. I recommend checking it out, she does a really good job of being objective and level headed unlike when she discusses it on this show.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Again being objectively wrong about something and being corrected and criticized for being wrong about something does not mean anyone is being negative, or asking them to be negative. Greg can say he doesn't mind the load screens because he is on his phone. But objectively they are long, and frequent, and even Andrea who defended it on the show, is over on whats good games confirming that they are in fact an issue. Greg was empirically wrong about that statement. People are calling him out for it. That is not being negative, that is being critical that he is distorting the reality of the situation.

Emperically wrong? About saying they're way too many but not game breaking for him? You're losin me bro 😳

Also, again, are you saying Andrea defended in that way it on *that* episode? Also, if there is a disparity, it is probably because she actually played the full game by the time she got to talk about it on WGG (lol). And again, I point to that above comment in the image I posted, soley focusing on Fran, as an example of the flak I'm talking about.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Emperically wrong? About saying they're way too many but not game breaking for him? You're losin me bro 😳

Also, again, are you saying Andrea defended in that way it on *that* episode? Also, if there is a disparity, it is probably because she actually played the full game by the time she got to talk about it on WGG (lol). And again, I point to that above comment in the image I posted, soley focusing on Fran, as an example of the flak I'm talking about.
Where are those comments saying he isn't allowed to not be bothered by the loading screens? They might not be bothering him but he did say that they go by fast and dont take too long, which is objectively wrong. The difference is, saying he doesn't mind them = acceptable, saying theyre not long = whats getting criticism.

I'm not sure what episode Andrea talked with greg about the loading issue. They both spoke out about it as being overblown and not a big deal. And I'm sure she did play the game only to change her mind (if thats what happened), which only furthers how justified people were for calling them out on it.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair what's considered long to some may not be others. That's subjective. Even if they are too long.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Where are those comments saying he isn't allowed to not be bothered by the loading screens? They might not be bothering him but he did say that they go by fast and dont take too long, which is objectively wrong. The difference is, saying he doesn't mind them = acceptable, saying theyre not long = whats getting criticism.

I'm not sure what episode Andrea talked with greg about the loading issue. They both spoke out about it as being overblown and not a big deal. And I'm sure she did play the game only to change her mind (if thats what happened), which only furthers how justified people were for calling them out on it.

Well you'd have to direct me to the time codes of Andrea handwaving the loading times in this episode in particular, because I don't recall that kind of stuff happening in this video. I remember it being all what they like, and what they don't like, and certain issues not bothering htem as much as most, and it spawned that comments section. I'm not going to find you comments specifically calling out greg by name. Look at the comment about Fran and it shows you exactly what I'm talking about.

Also I literally just made that statement about Greg to correct your statement about his statement being somehow "emprically wrong".

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Compared to other games not really. The only way that's true is if you ignore any point of referrence in the medium. No one is saying it's not ok for him to not be bothered by them

I didn't say anyone was. You keep putting words in other people's mouths that they didn't say. I said they were long. But it's a subjective statement.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"No one is saying it's not ok for him to not be bothered by them"

I never said anyone was saying they were. I just made a comment on the use of objective.

Yall are wildin out man.
I never said you were the one saying that so idk why you keep acting like that I was. That was in referrence to the ongoing conversation that took myself and ice to what's objective about long load times

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
With a lot of (deserved and potentially undeserved) criticism recently, I wanna say two positive things about Kinda Funny recently.

1. Tim is awesome.I remember early in the GameoverGreggy Show days, he got a lot of shit for having a lot less knowledge about the world and society than the other guys. He was significantly younger than Greg, Colin and Nick, and I would always feel bad when I would jump in the comments and see people shitting on him. Since Colin left, he's really stepped up and has become a great host, a great organizer and a great panelist. He's probably my favorite KF member now and I love everything he's on, especially

2. Screencast! Right when they left IGN, they talked about giving Nick and Tim a movie podcast. Now that they have that, and one that Kevin gets to host, it's become one of my most anticipated podcasts of the week. I love movies, and while I get some criticisms that they only talk about "major" movies, I think it makes for a very compelling show, and Kevin is a great host.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Whats crazy is Andrea's take on anthem on whats good games is so even keeled and totally level headed. If this is how she presented her arguments and held conversations on kfgd there likely would be no blowback. Very strange dichotomy

Yup, it's night and day. Maybe she just needs steimer and britt there to keep her chill lol.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Was reading this thread on the subreddit and it made me realise that "coincidentally" all of their world tour dates have just so happened to line up perfectly with scheduled events for them that they would have travelled to regardless. Anyone else find this extremely shifty? Like, there's no way the Royal Rumble and all of these conventions/hosting gigs just randomly lined up perfectly with these world tour dates that they begged fans to donate for. I was under the impression that the stretch goals were put in place so that travelling to these places would be feasible. These hosting gigs don't get scheduled overnight, so they must have known they were going to these places regardless.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Was reading this thread on the subreddit and it made me realise that "coincidentally" all of their world tour dates have just so happened to line up perfectly with scheduled events for them that they would have travelled to regardless. Anyone else find this extremely shifty? Like, there's no way the Royal Rumble and all of these conventions/hosting gigs just randomly lined up perfectly with these world tour dates that they begged fans to donate for. I was under the impression that the stretch goals were put in place so that travelling to these places would be feasible. These hosting gigs don't get scheduled overnight, so they must have known they were going to these places regardless.

That's some conspiracy theory right there. Not gonna start pointing fingers despite how much I hate all the travelling. But it's gonna be some big oof if this bears any truth.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's some conspiracy theory right there. Not gonna start pointing fingers despite how much I hate all the travelling. But it's gonna be some big oof if this bears any truth.
There's probably a legitimate explanation, but it seems dodgy the way it's presented at the moment. I was always under the impression that they needed to hit those stretch goals to go to those places, which is why they aren't coming here to Australia.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017

I thought about it when they came to Phoenix but honestly it's fine. Why not do 2 things at the same time? the meetups gonna take 4-5 hours max, they were going to spend time in those cities outside of those meetups anyways so why not schedule the visits around other events.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I assumed it was so they can make the meet-and-greets into full KF events, rather than just Greg events. Like yes Greg might have had a M&G in New York around Wrestlemania or whenever but now they can fly the entire company out as well. Same with the Comic Con thing in KC.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I don't really want to taint International Women's Day by bringing it up, but today also marks two years since that tweet from Colin. So I thought it'd be a good time to discuss how KF have grown since he left.

Personally I felt that KF did take a hit in terms of viewership and also content direction after Colin left, not because of him specifically but more because of the hole that would have been created had any of the founding members left. But then with the introduction of KFGD and the hiring of Andy I thought they hit a high point that they've continued to ride until very recently; arguably culminating in the amazing Showcase last year. With the recent discussions here and elsewhere about the current voices on Gamescast being too similar, I think it's ironic that they could probably use someone who shares Colin's opinions and views on games (although hopefully without sharing his opinions on literally everything else).

Anyway I think KF is a very different thing today from what it might have been had Colin not left. There's definitely a focus on pop culture and general "silliness", for want of a better word, that I think Colin would have pushed back against if he was there; I'm thinking of things like Debatable and KFAF. Also interesting to think that KFGD might not even exist and PSILY would probably still be going strong; although by the end that show needed a shake up as well.

PS: I'm really not trying to get into a discussion of how/why Colin left and definitely not over who was right and wrong. I want to focus more on how KF have moved on since that time.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really want to taint International Women's Day by bringing it up, but today also marks two years since that tweet from Colin. So I thought it'd be a good time to discuss how KF have grown since he left.

Personally I felt that KF did take a hit in terms of viewership and also content direction after Colin left, not because of him specifically but more because of the hole that would have been created had any of the founding members left. But then with the introduction of KFGD and the hiring of Andy I thought they hit a high point that they've continued to ride until very recently; arguably culminating in the amazing Showcase last year. With the recent discussions here and elsewhere about the current voices on Gamescast being too similar, I think it's ironic that they could probably use someone who shares Colin's opinions and views on games (although hopefully without sharing his opinions on literally everything else).

Anyway I think KF is a very different thing today from what it might have been had Colin not left. There's definitely a focus on pop culture and general "silliness", for want of a better word, that I think Colin would have pushed back against if he was there; I'm thinking of things like Debatable and KFAF. Also interesting to think that KFGD might not even exist and PSILY would probably still be going strong; although by the end that show needed a shake up as well.

PS: I'm really not trying to get into a discussion of how/why Colin left and definitely not over who was right and wrong. I want to focus more on how KF have moved on since that time.
I will agree they could use someone who does play other time of niche games, like Dragon Quest and other RPGs, like what's her name at Gamespot that I can't think of the name right now who is the Kingdom Hearts expert.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with Andrea on Gamescast is that now three big GAAS personalities and Tim? What's the point then? If it's anything like the past few GC podcasts I'm out.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Okay this ended up being a somewhat large wall of text that skews kind of negative. I'm not trying to dogpile, just get my thoughts down on where their main gaming podcasts stand and what could be done to improve them in my opinion.

They definitely need someone else who's passionate and has different tastes involved in the gaming side of their channel. Western GaaS games are absolutely dominating the discussion and that's only going to continue with The Division 2.

Fran is absolutely the right person to lead discussion on GaaS games, but his inputs don't stand out as much because the rest of the group has been talking a lot about GaaS games before he was hired. Fran, however, is an end-game grinder in GaaS games and will be able to speak with more authority on these games, which has already been seen a bit with Anthem. Yes, he likes the game despite its flaws, but he's been able to get into the details of why he likes it while still knocking it for its flaws.

Greg was always this person for single player games for me. Recently, though, it seems like he's exclusively playing Switch Indies on the road and GaaS titles at home. I love a number of GaaS titles. I have hundreds of hours in Destiny, Fortnite, CoD Blackout, now Apex Legends, and I'll likely dive deep into The Division 2. But, because I'm playing as much of those games as I am, I'm looking for a little more in-depth commentary on them than "I logged in and checked out new thing in Game XYZ and it was cool!", which it often feels like is Greg's take on the GaaS games he's into. I'd love to hear his full opinion on more AAA single player games, but it seems like he isn't playing many of them these days, or at least not playing many of them to completion...which is fine by the way! I don't mean to gripe that his tastes aren't aligning with mine or anything, just explaining how I feel about the content they're putting out related to these games.

Andrea seemingly still plays a lot of single player games and I've enjoyed her takes on a lot of them. I'm someone who enjoyed Andromeda for what it was and agreed with her a lot of the time on that game and I've also disagreed with her on other issues (most recently on Anthem, like many others have already stated). Overall though, I find her to be a solid dissenting opinion most of the time and she isn't a stranger to being the only one with a specific opinion on the show, which I respect and often appreciate. I do agree, however, that it may be time to abstain from EA discussions for a while like Jared did. On yesterday's KFGD she went from "I can't talk about Anthem anymore" to "we should remember to appreciate that online games even work at all!" in about 3 minutes. I know she was kind of on tilt from all the "feedback" they're getting so I understand the reason for the rant, but that's just going to add to the "AndrEA" comments (and far worse comments) that she gets.

Tim seems to be doing a better job of coming in with a strong opinion on what he's been playing and defending it. He's overall a pretty positive voice, so I don't feel like he's going to come in and just rail on a game that he doesn't like, which is fine, but I still walked away from his Kingdom Hearts opinion thinking "glad he enjoyed it, this isn't for me at all." Like many have already said, I think he's improved a ton and is more confident getting on camera and giving his opinion on a game.

What seems to be one of their biggest issues right now, for me at least, is show format.

KFGD - This show is so dependent on the news of the day that it's always going to be GaaS heavy. There are multiple days a week where we're hearing about Anthem/Destiny/Fortnite/Apex updates in the news and that's going to segue into discussion about those games. It's hard to have a new "topic of the day" every day for a podcast so I don't expect this to change.

KFGC - There are two big positive changes that could be made, in my opinion, on Gamescast. 1) A dedicated topic of the week that's sent out to everyone day(s) prior to the show so points of view have time to develop and a solid discussion can happen and 2) More detailed coverage of the games that the team is playing. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about how Giant Bomb has members come to the podcast with multiple pages of notes after a preview event or game launch to really sink their teeth into the topic. I haven't listened to this week's GC yet, but it's the type of situation where I would hope that people are coming into the podcast with detailed notes from their time with games like DMC5, Days Gone, Sekiro, etc. In a week where each of those games has been given huge write-ups and detailed videos across the internet, KFGC needs to have something to say more than "I played this game and I liked it and am looking forward to playing more of it."

That's just my take on what I feel is lacking from the podcasts, personally. I know others feel like there could/should be more JRPG discussion, but that's a bit out of my wheelhouse so I don't notice as much that those games are missing.

Also, I know this post is pretty critical but I still really like the team overall and I think the people gel really well together, which is an important piece of the puzzle for a successful channel. I'd just like a little more critical substances in the gaming discussions, personally.