• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Due to Tim's and others recommendations I finally played and "beat" Celeste.

That is all.
It's such a good game. I could never get into Super Meat Boy and thought that style of game wasn't for me but based on the reviews and Kinda Funny I picked it up and loved it. Gonna have to play it again soon.

*Edit: Sucks you didn't like it though.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
It's such a good game. I could never get into Super Meat Boy and thought that style of game wasn't for me but based on the reviews and Kinda Funny I picked it up and loved it. Gonna have to play it again soon.

*Edit: Sucks you didn't like it though.
Yeah I'm glad I played it and was happy to support the developers but yeah not my kind of game

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fran's dig about turning the auto combo feature on in DMC5 without hearing Andrea say thats what she did, right before she called him for it was hilarious. So happy the majority of this was non gaas content (until next week lol).

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Probably my favorite gamescast in months just because of the variety of topics/games they talked about. Will be back to Gaascast next week ;)

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The Gamescast has its ups and downs but this week's episode is a nice reminder of how damn good it can be.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I did really enjoy GC this week, nice to get some really varied discussion on different games... and a great review of DMCV from Tim.

But I did groan out loud when they said "we'll go more in depth on this next week" after spending 20 minutes going really in depth on Destiny 2. Do we really need weekly updates on a two year old game? I think Fran needs to remember that he isn't on his IGN Destiny podcast sometimes.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Really good gamescast, zoned out a bit with the destiny stuff but yeah, I enjoyed it

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Haven't fully listened so far, but greatly enjoying Tim's review of DMC5 despite me having zero interest in that game. This is why these guys need to broaden their video game intakes. The Gamescast should be this more often than not, rather than rehashing discussions about GaaS.

Probably my favorite gamescast in months just because of the variety of topics/games they talked about. Will be back to Gaascast next week ;)
Gaascast has got me rolling lmao

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Anthony Rapp was fantastic on KFGD today.

I thought he was great too - I only know him from Star Trek and had no idea he was a huge video game fan. How the hell do you find the time for 69 platinums when you're that famous!?

I do sometimes cringe though when Greg brings external people onto KFGD, especially when they're actual famous people... just all the rigmarole and the "baker's dozen" and that sort of thing must be so alien if you don't follow the show. Also it's a weird show to bring a guest like that on when it's 75% Greg reading news or lists of games. I hope they did another podcast as well while he was there.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I kind of forced myself to finish it. But man, that game is not "fun" and the check point system is garbage. It's like 4 hour of content that took my 9 hours because of having to replay the same stages over and over again.
You sure you played Celeste? It has perhaps the most generous checkpoints of literally any video game I've ever played. Usually you don't have to go back any more than 5 to 10 seconds.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Andrea is okay. She IS very defensive and comes off as pompous. She has good insight and can provide good discussions but she has a hard time saying she is wrong about anything. Also, I completely disagree when anyone says her and Tim have good chemistry. She comes off as disrespectful a lot of the times when hosting with Tim, in my opinion.

I like her fine enough but just wish she ate the humble pie once in a while.

Honestly she's also a huge jerk to Barrett all the damn time. Give the new guy a break.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Mission Impossible In Review next. I missed the reason why Greg won't be on it, anyone catch why?

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Man the one thing that I'm most disappointed in is it doesn't seem like Greg plays games anymore. Just GaaS and indie switch games. Like why didn't he play DMCV he would probably love it, it's a amazing action game. Metro is a stellar first person story game that he would like. Nope just the latest dlc drop in assassins creed or where his hype levels for division are.

Like I have been following Greg since I was 12 and I'm now 21. I love him and I always will watch his content but damn it just doesn't seem like he plays anything anymore...

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Mission Impossible In Review next. I missed the reason why Greg won't be on it, anyone catch why?

Cool. I recently bought the collection. Greg hates movies so I'm ok with him not being on it.
Man the one thing that I'm most disappointed in is it doesn't seem like Greg plays games anymore. Just GaaS and indie switch games. Like why didn't he play DMCV he would probably love it, it's a amazing action game. Metro is a stellar first person story game that he would like. Nope just the latest dlc drop in assassins creed or where his hype levels for division are.

Like I have been following Greg since I was 12 and I'm now 21. I love him and I always will watch his content but damn it just doesn't seem like he plays anything anymore...

Honestly I don't think I would want Greg's opinions on DMCV. Think DMC is way over his head.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
He just said he doesn't feel like watching them. He's not a big action movie guy. Said he was struggling to get through the Fast movies.
Well ya that's like comparing Well fast and furious and mission impossible. One is a franchise that has gone on way to long and hadn't only like one good movie then the rest are shit!!! I'm sorry if you like fast and furious but man those movie are rough. While mission impossible is the greatest action movie series ever and they have only some how managed to get better.

Honestly I don't think I would want Greg's opinions on DMCV. Think DMC is way over his head.

I don't know about that one becuase I'm a pick dummy when it comes to games and that's part of why shooters are my favorite genre becuase point and click. Even with me just button mashing tho DMCV is incredible and I would at least like him to just try it. I honesly loves his coverage of red dead becuase it matched my views. It was just a boring game well made and a masterpiece but a boring one not for me or him. He tried the game tho and explained it, it just seems like this year he hasn't cared about anything besides the division 2 and assassins.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Only ever having an original XBOX and loving every minute of Halo 1 and 2, I am beyond thrilled to be able to play The Master Chief Collection on PC (should run real well on my PC!). I had hoped they would put Reach in there, but I never expected them to. I am so glad to be wrong. With that happening, Halo 5 is the only Halo game not on PC (for now).

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Only ever having an original XBOX and loving every minute of Halo 1 and 2, I am beyond thrilled to be able to play The Master Chief Collection on PC (should run real well on my PC!). I had hoped they would put Reach in there, but I never expected them to. I am so glad to be wrong. With that happening, Halo 5 is the only Halo game not on PC (for now).
go play excell and minesweeper you PC nerd 😉

Also exited to play reach as well but I think your in the wrong thread haha

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Dude, people like you are the reason why we might not get Party Mode's for much longer! You are hereby banned from this thread until you have them all watched. There will be a quiz, so take notes.
Damn and I just finished mid terms... but for real all check them out I always feel bad just being a podcast and live events dweeb and I never check anything else by them out. I'll change that.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Damn and I just finished mid terms... but for real all check them out I always feel bad just being a podcast and live events dweeb and I never check anything else by them out. I'll change that.
Honestly Party Mode is where the funniest KF stuff lies IMO. The edits are fucking hilarious. Plus Nick being full Nick in 90% of them.

Here's some must watch ones.

Drive Club VR
All the Death Squared ones, but ESPECIALLY the blindfolded one for creepy as fuck Greg shenanigans.
The GTA races.
Fakin' It
Rainbow 6 Siege (esp the one titled The Squad Falls Apart)

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Party Mode is where the funniest KF stuff lies IMO. The edits are fucking hilarious. Plus Nick being full Nick in 90% of them.

Here's some must watch ones.

Drive Club VR
All the Death Squared ones, but ESPECIALLY the blindfolded one for creepy as fuck Greg shenanigans.
The GTA races.
Fakin' It
Rainbow 6 Siege (esp the one titled The Squad Falls Apart)

Greg in Fakin' It.... I don't know whether to be concerned or impressed. That one was something else. His ability to lie (and lie extremely well) seemed so effortless! I really hope they do it again one day.