• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all! I made a group on Xbox for those best friends that want to play Division 2 together. Search: Kinda Funny Division Agents

Let's save DC!

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Mission Impossible In Review next. I missed the reason why Greg won't be on it, anyone catch why?

Is there a reason they're shying away from some of the bigger franchises and doing things like F&F and MI? I assume they'll do Star Wars in the build up to Ep 9 but they seems to be avoiding things like DC, Harry Potter, LOTR (although I don't think I could watch them do that last one).

Someone on the sub-reddit (I think) mentioned Tarantino in Review which I think would be great and actually really different from every series they've done so far. I'd also be on board for a View Askewniverse in Review since they seem to love those films.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason they're shying away from some of the bigger franchises and doing things like F&F and MI? I assume they'll do Star Wars in the build up to Ep 9 but they seems to be avoiding things like DC, Harry Potter, LOTR (although I don't think I could watch them do that last one).

Someone on the sub-reddit (I think) mentioned Tarantino in Review which I think would be great and actually really different from every series they've done so far. I'd also be on board for a View Askewniverse in Review since they seem to love those films.
They were going to do DC last year but all the fans complained they didn't want it

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fran's dig about turning the auto combo feature on in DMC5 without hearing Andrea say thats what she did, right before she called him for it was hilarious. So happy the majority of this was non gaas content (until next week lol).
Fran does this a lot lol, just completely missing things people say moments before. It's hilarious.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
They were going to do DC last year but all the fans complained they didn't want it

Didn't know that... surely it that would just be everyone except Greg shitting all over those films. Unless they went back and did the old Batman and Superman films as well.

Fran does this a lot lol, just completely missing things people say moments before. It's hilarious.

He reminds me a bit of Gary when he does that. Just never seems like he's actually fully there... I find it funny too to be honest.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know that... surely it that would just be everyone except Greg shitting all over those films. Unless they went back and did the old Batman and Superman films as well.

He reminds me a bit of Gary when he does that. Just never seems like he's actually fully there... I find it funny too to be honest.
Yeah, that's kind of why they stopped it. People didn't want them reviewing bad movies they hate, also thought they should take a break. But that was before they turned it into a weekly thing.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I hope at some point they review different kinds of movies. So far it's been exclusively big budget action films. I'd like to see them do something like the non-sequel Pixar films, horror series, or maybe a director's catalog like Tarantino or Nolan.

That said, I love how they revisit the Marvel movies every time a new one comes out.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I hope at some point they review different kinds of movies. So far it's been exclusively big budget action films. I'd like to see them do something like the non-sequel Pixar films, horror series, or maybe a director's catalog like Tarantino or Nolan.

That said, I love how they revisit the Marvel movies every time a new one comes out.
Don't get your hopes up. These guys only watch films like that. I actually tuned into their Captain Marvel review because MCU In Review was the only version I'd ever enjoyed, and it was just so frustrating. I swear none of these guys pays attention when they watch something.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I am cracking up at the KFAF cold open. It's so damn good. The way Greg said "I'm flabbergasted" fucking got me.

KFAF continues to be the best KF content ever.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Not to start this again, but I think how well the Division 2 has launched and well received it is just proves Andrea more wrong and how Anthem deserves a pass even less.

Like, it's quite obvious Anthem was forced to be released before it's ready and i don't think we should be hand waving that away.

I would email into KFGD but don't feel like it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Not to start this again, but I think how well the Division 2 has launched and well received it is just proves Andrea more wrong and how Anthem deserves a pass even less.

Like, it's quite obvious Anthem was forced to be released before it's ready and i don't think we should be hand waving that away.

Email in, Andrea would love the chance to tell you you're wrong

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I mean that was blindingly obvious even without the Division but yes, Ubi does seem to be showing everyone else up right now (although to be honest I have very little interest in any of these games).

Also you can't email in unless you're a Patreon anymore, in case you weren't aware.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that was blindingly obvious even without the Division but yes, Ubi does seem to be showing everyone else up right now (although to be honest I have very little interest in any of these games).

Also you can't email in unless you're a Patreon anymore, in case you weren't aware.
Yeah I am, so I could but not sure I want to cause trouble

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Was refreshing to hear some sense talked about the "all digital future" on KFGD yesterday. The price difference between physical and digital is something they never really talk about so I'm glad it was brought up... why would anyone pay £15/£20 more to buy a game digitally? It just doesn't make sense.

Also the nonsense argument that "when everything is all digital, game will be cheaper" got blown out of the water too so that was good. Hopefully will give them a bit more perspective going forward.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit I'm all digital but simply because I take advantage of VPN's to save the difference.

Fuck paying £20 more.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They didn't even mention the second hand market and selling physical games.
Amazing that this point has never come up in all the time they have talked about this. It's so obvious and the number one reason I buy physical games.

Until someone brought up prices in Australia yesterday, they never talk about game prices in different countries. Over here in the UK, digital games always cost more. The difference is huge. If games go all digital at these prices, I'll just stop playing.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Was refreshing to hear some sense talked about the "all digital future" on KFGD yesterday. The price difference between physical and digital is something they never really talk about so I'm glad it was brought up... why would anyone pay £15/£20 more to buy a game digitally? It just doesn't make sense.

Also the nonsense argument that "when everything is all digital, game will be cheaper" got blown out of the water too so that was good. Hopefully will give them a bit more perspective going forward.
In Australia, I can buy a AAA game at launch for $100 in a digital store, or I can go to Amazon or a number of brick and mortar stores and get it for anywhere between $50-$80. If I dislike the game, I can often return it for a full refund within a week, and if I beat it and want to trade it in I can actually recoup a significant amount of money. By doing this, people can end up only paying like $30 for a brand new release.

There is zero chance these prices drop in the magical fantasy land all-digital future Greg circlejerks about. Games are getting MORE EXPENSIVE to make, why on earth would any publisher with half a brain lower the prices for their game? We literally see companies trying to come up with new ways to eek money out of their customers via season passes, microtransactions, DLC, etc. so that they can make even more money off a single title.

Also, on a slightly different note, I've found that digital store sales are rarely ever better than competing physical/online stores. Last year on Black Friday I compared prices for dozens of games, and there was literally 0 examples of the PS Store having a better deal. Greg is completely out of touch, and it's baffling that he isn't even slightly self-aware

Uh, Downcast is showing today's KFGD podcast at 4.5 gigs
Cool Greg probably uploaded the video version. Again. They'll handwave it as being a garbage truck on fire, even though at this point they should be competent enough to not mess up like this multiple times per week.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get your hopes up. These guys only watch films like that. I actually tuned into their Captain Marvel review because MCU In Review was the only version I'd ever enjoyed, and it was just so frustrating. I swear none of these guys pays attention when they watch something.

I assume you watched the movie, but I'll spoiler tag a thought I had:

They said the whole thing about the Skrulls going after a FTL solution was confusing and made little sense. I too, was confused at first until I realized they were after something far more important to them: Their family hidden on that station. That's what I think they were looking for. Not an FTL solution (which they didn't really need anyways)

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I assume you watched the movie, but I'll spoiler tag a thought I had:

They said the whole thing about the Skrulls going after a FTL solution was confusing and made little sense. I too, was confused at first until I realized they were after something far more important to them: Their family hidden on that station. That's what I think they were looking for.

I was more concerned about their confusion over the Tesseract. I have no idea how they got so confused about how it ended up at Pegasus.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Said it before, I never watch their movie opinions, they miss the simplest things.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I was more concerned about their confusion over the Tesseract. I have no idea how they got so confused about how it ended up at Pegasus.

I actually didn't realize that it was the base from the opening of Avengers 1 until someone mentioned it. As many times as I've seen it, I never noticed the Pegasus stuff on the building. Really cool stuff!

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Said it before, I never watch their movie opinions, they miss the simplest things.
Neither do I. I only checked out the Captain Marvel episode because I initially enjoyed MCU In Review. Even as someone who ignores their movie stuff, I'm dreading the time when they inevitably butcher the Harry Potter films for In Review and then spew their boring takes about Star Wars again.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Neither do I. I only checked out the Captain Marvel episode because I initially enjoyed MCU In Review. Even as someone who ignores their movie stuff, I'm dreading the time when they inevitably butcher the Harry Potter films for In Review and then spew their boring takes about Star Wars again.
HOW THE HELL DID HE GET HIS SCAR!?

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Nick on Philosopher's Stone: "I don't know man, I think this movie doesn't make sense. I got up to pee like 15 times during the movie, but for some reason I couldn't understand what was going on. Is this Harry kid supposed to be some kind of magician?"

Name a more dynamic duo than Nick and not paying attention.

Spending 25% of the time browsing on his Macbook and missed a big reveal in Attack on titan: "How did I miss that?"

"I was watching Your Name and there was a twist and I realized I should probably pay more attention to this film".

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Man that prank was amazing. They got him extra hard since he was in serious contnet producing mode. If he was in a more laidback state he probably would have figured out the nutter butter thing sooner lol

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Burt Meg stopped supporting lol

He probably was only doing it for that one month anyway but still a funny moment

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
It's cause Nick talks about him all the damn time and probably has no clue about all the shit he does or guests he has on which are terrible. I'm gonna go out a limb here and say that Nick doesn't exactly have his ear to the ground in regards to what people on ResetEra say about Rogan and all the garbage he does/says. To Nick, Rogan is just a comedian that has interesting interviews.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if they don't do a Party Mode of Hypnospace Outlaw, they are doing something wrong. It is totally a Tim/Greg special (the Emily Was Away kind).

Here's Giant Bomb's Quick Look of the game from yesterday: