• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LOL are you new to KF?

Rooster Teeth and Nick's comedy doc they've been promoting for months.
Wow that's funny. I must've missed a lot. I have been listening for years but lately I kinda just jump to the gaming topics that interest me. Most of their non-gaming stuff I skip. I recently saw a good chunk of an episode of KF/AF. I didn't finish it because of all the coat stuff, but I might give it another listen again one day.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
The Gamecast that went public today was fantastic. Greg's long talk about The Walking Dead: The Final Season is the most passionate I've seen him about a game since The Last of Us? I love seeing him when he's passionate about something, you can tell this game and story means a lot to him, and hearing him talk about it was awesome.

Barrett was great on Gamescast too. I actually think podcasts with 3 people tend to be better than four. GOG/KF Podcast and EZA Podcast being the only exceptions I can think of right now.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The Gamecast that went public today was fantastic. Greg's long talk about The Walking Dead: The Final Season is the most passionate I've seen him about a game since The Last of Us? I love seeing him when he's passionate about something, you can tell this game and story means a lot to him, and hearing him talk about it was awesome.

Barrett was great on Gamescast too. I actually think podcasts with 3 people tend to be better than four. GOG/KF Podcast and EZA Podcast being the only exceptions I can think of right now.
Greg's monologue about The Walking Dead was tremendous. He did a great job summing up why I have no motivation to finish the series, and why he didn't like the finale. You could tell he had actually put the time, effort, and care into his thoughts here. It would be nice if we could see this kind of Greg more often, instead of just a few times per year.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I didn't listen because the description said there's TWD spoilers... How bad are the spoilers? I think I'm probably going to go back to that game one day.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does she still play Anthem? I have not kept up.

In general, I do wish Kinda Funny where more critical of the big AAA releases. In recent times they have given, Fallout 76 and Anthem a pass.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I feel really weird about Greg pushing this esports competition on Twitter so hard... like has he been involved in that community at all, except hosting a couple of events?

And he's beating guys who even I, as someone who doesn't follow esports, recognises. Just seems really off to me.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I feel really weird about Greg pushing this esports competition on Twitter so hard... like has he been involved in that community at all, except hosting a couple of events?

And he's beating guys who even I, as someone who doesn't follow esports. Just seems really off to me.

I mean it's nothing more than an eDick measuring contest that he openly said he had no part in. I dunno what's to feel weird about. Xavier Woods has nothing yo do with eSports but was also involved.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I mean it's nothing more than an eDick measuring contest that he openly said he had no part in. I dunno what's to feel weird about. Xavier Woods has nothing yo do with eSports but was also involved.

I know it's just a popularity contest but it just seems off to get involved in a contest for a community you're not involved in. Like the whole point of the contest is to highlight prominent esports people, which Greg most certainly isn't.

Like it isn't a big deal, it just rubs me the wrong way is all.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this Capitalist Pig guy is trash.

Edit: Because of his stance on difficulty options in games.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
+ over 3 days play time, so next time he says hes not a gaas guy or has no time for games we know he's lyin

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man this Capitalist Pig guy is trash.

Edit: Because of his stance on difficulty options in games.

Lol. He's one of the more informed people they have had on the show. Calling him trash is rude as fuck even if you disagree with his opinion on difficulty in games.
What was his stance? Haven't watched the episode he's on.

That it's up to developers and they don't have to make an easy mode if they dont want to. Greg agreed with him.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
There are certain people with disabilities who literally can't play these games at their difficulty. So at that point it's a matter of accessibility. Which means you're saying they can't ever enjoy these games.
There are games and things I won't be able to play but sometimes you have to live with that. I don't think every game needs to be accessible to everyone. Sekiro is a example

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't listen because the description said there's TWD spoilers... How bad are the spoilers? I think I'm probably going to go back to that game one day.
These nutterbutters literally did a play by play of the entire episode as if we aren't gamers or something and had no intention of playing it ever. Its so weird how they handle spoilers. We don't need a play by play. I don't need to know every camera shot in the game. They're getting better at it though. Right now its literally like being on a message board.

edit: idk how did you guys feel about it? I'm being a little sarcastic and over the top. I guess you liked the segment a far bit more than I did.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
There are games and things I won't be able to play but sometimes you have to live with that. I don't think every game needs to be accessible to everyone. Sekiro is a example
'Not for everyone' as in 'not everyone will enjoy this' is fine. 'Not for everyone' as in 'Sorry disabled folk, you can fuck off' absolutely isn't. Go read Steve Spohn's Twitter.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Skipped yesterdays games daily but checked the comments and its filled with folk saying Andrea was rude and obnoxious to Fran about terms and conditions.

So I'm glad I didn't bother.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
'Not for everyone' as in 'not everyone will enjoy this' is fine. 'Not for everyone' as in 'Sorry disabled folk, you can fuck off' absolutely isn't. Go read Steve Spohn's Twitter.
Yep. This.

Also in regards to just Sekiro, sure it's their vision to make it that hard, but many people didn't like it and didn't find it fun.

And this is from people who liked Dark Souls

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Its funny when people will say having an easy mode is against the developers vision, but at the same time they'll use mods

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Yep. This.

Also in regards to just Sekiro, sure it's their vision to make it that hard, but many people didn't like it and didn't find it fun.

And this is from people who liked Dark Souls

But there are also lots and lots of people who do like Sekiro a lot. Personally the game is a little to difficult for me but there are so many easy games out there that I just play something else.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
But there are also lots and lots of people who do like Sekiro a lot. Personally the game is a little to difficult for me but there are so many easy games out there that I just play something else.
There are lots and lots of people who are *unable* to play Sekiro. The people who enjoy it as is would be entirely unaffected by a so-called 'easy mode'. Where is the issue?!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't see the issue with an easy mode.

It's a single player game for fucks sake, just use the hard option if you're such a "HaRDCoRE" Gamer.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't see the issue with an easy mode.

It's a single player game for fucks sake, just use the hard option if you're such a "HaRDCoRE" Gamer.
Yeah, it's literally a fucking menu option that people spend a maximum of 30 seconds on and then never think about again. Not to mention most games already have that option and people aren't butthurt about that.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It's a slippery slope. There are a lot of people with a attention disorder. Some movies are 3 hours. Those people aren't going to be able to watch those movies in the cinema. Some things are not for everyone, luckily 90% of the games do have multiple options

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That disabled people CAN NOT PLAY. What is so hard to understand about that?
Which you've just said disabled people shouldn't have a chance to play.

My girlfriend has sight issues and can't play many games. She might be blind in 15 or so years.
You know what she does, she plays something else and realizes not everything is for her.

FromSoft has a vision for their game and an easy mode is not it, move on, good lord.
Not everyone has to play Sekiro.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
It's a slippery slope. There are a lot of people with a attention disorder. Some movies are 3 hours. Those people aren't going to be able to watch those movies in the cinema. Some things are not for everyone, luckily 90% of the games do have multiple options
There is no barrier of entry into a cinema. There is for these types of games so the comparison doesn't hold water. And stop using the 'not everything is for everyone' strawman. Its use is for taste not for ability to even play the damn thing.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend has sight issues and can't play many games. She might be blind in 15 or so years.
You know what she does, she plays something else and realizes not everything is for her.

FromSoft has a vision for their game and an easy mode is not it, move on, good lord.
No one is saying everyone has to play it. But you're saying some people shouldn't be able to.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Bad take.

Don't know how a game being accessible for others takes away your enjoyment.

The point is, she shouldn't HAVE to play something else.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
There is no barrier of entry into a cinema. There is for these types of games so the comparison doesn't hold water. And stop using the 'not everything is for everyone' strawman. Its use is for taste not for ability to even play the damn thing.
I don't agree, sure you can enter the cinema but for some people a 2,5 to 3 hour movie is a impossible undertaking. Splitting a movie in multiple parts kinda destroys the experience when watching at home.