• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
People always surprised when someone is good with Tim. Tim is just good people. Don't sleep on him.

Are there any combinations that you guys find particularly not good? Aside from instances where you just straight up don't care for a person altogether.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Andrea having a pride symbol up less than a month after chastising MS for not allowing notch to come to the minecraft anniversary sure is something (given he was banned for his views on that community).

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure that's not what happened.
It is actually. I transcribed the conversation and you can read it in the threadmark of that thread. Maybe thats why you were so convinced that people were just making a mountain out of a mole hill with that situation if you didn't know that was the issue.

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
It is actually. I transcribed the conversation and you can read it in the threadmark of that thread. Maybe thats why you were so convinced that people were just making a mountain out of a mole hill with that situation if you didn't know that was the issue.
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but didn't she just take from it that he had decided not to attend, rather than MS not wanting him to attend? And I don't remember her chastising them for it. But hey, as I said, maybe I'm remembering wrong.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but didn't she just take from it that he had decided not to attend, rather than MS not wanting him to attend? And I don't remember her chastising them for it. But hey, as I said, maybe I'm remembering wrong.
Yeah she did seem to be a bit confused about MS actually banning him, but Greg clarified to her that MS was not allowing him to come due to his bigoted and transphobic views on social media, to which she replied with something like "that would be majorly disappointing on MS's end if they refused to let notch come if he wanted to". Not to bring that conversation back up I just got slightly irked by seeing it next to her name so soon after arguing he should be allowed to go despite his discriminatory views because he made a popular video game.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Greg really is a great host and great at interviews. Him being away so much hurts Kinda Funny content but he's definitely in his element. He could easily transition to it full-time.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Greg was great during the EA thing.
Greg really is a great host and great at interviews. Him being away so much hurts Kinda Funny content but he's definitely in his element. He could easily transition to it full-time.

Agreed. He's clearly a natural at it.

I could see him stepping away from being a KF host full time in the next few years to focus on this sort of thing, but still being part of the company.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When will KF learn that XBOX has no chance of taking over as number one next gen? Or are they doing that thing where they think America is all that counts.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
When will KF learn that XBOX has no chance of taking over as number one next gen? Or are they doing that thing where they think America is all that counts.
Yep, Greg tweeted beforehand saying their conference would be amazing, then thankfully tweeted afterwards he was wrong.

Dunno why he's so desperate for them to "win".

They've definitely done some great stuff recently though.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I thought the Microsoft conference was super strong tbh. And I'm a filthy European who does not own an Xbox One.
I don't know, it's probably the unlikely combination of Keanu Reeves and Phantasy Star that got to me.
Halo and Gears did look pretty boring to me though, but not enough to ruin the conference.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, Greg tweeted beforehand saying their conference would be amazing, then thankfully tweeted afterwards he was wrong.

Dunno why he's so desperate for them to "win".

They've definitely done some great stuff recently though.

Why not? Them "winning" is just the industry being pushed that much more forward.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Microsoft conference was really weak. I can see why Sony skipped out. I kept waiting for some big hitters and it was just smaller games that didn't look all that interesting and the usual wash rinse repeat of halo forza and gears.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I think Tim was spot on about the Xbox show; it felt more like an overlong commercial than a well put together conference and the big coming out party that they need. I think it made Sony's decision to skip look smarter in comparison.

It's also the same problem they've had the last few years; there's a lot of great looking games but almost all of them can be played elsewhere (including some first party ones). The only game I was interested in which I can't play on another console is Ori (and even that might come to switch) so why am I supposed to run out and buy an Xbox?

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It's also the same problem they've had the last few years; there's a lot of great looking games but almost all of them can be played elsewhere (including some first party ones). The only game I was interested in which I can't play on another console is Ori (and even that might come to switch) so why am I supposed to run out and buy an Xbox?

The thing about this complaint is, Microsoft showed those games. Sony didn't. I personally rather have a show like the Xbox conference than that show Sony did last year.

I don't think the Microsoft conference was strong this year but I did get to see a new Tales of game, PSO and the greatest actor alive on stage.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
The thing about this complaint is, Microsoft showed those games. Sony didn't. I personally rather have a show like the Xbox conference than that show Sony did last year.

Oh yeah that's a valid point and I do think shows like this do help people associate certain games with MS. Like Cyberpunk for example definitely feels more like an Xbox game than a PS4 game. But does that really translate to sales in a meaningful way? More people will probably buy the PS4 version simply due to the install base.

I did like their show overall though; it just feels like a holdover year more than anything. Reminds me a lot of E3 2012.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It showed me how different my tastes are from the KF guys when that was announced.

I mean, 3 people on the panel and none of them had any reaction at all?

The game was announced for the West like 6 years ago. This is a big deal!
Yeah, I mean I'm not surprised that none of them care about it, but I would've thought they would recognize the significance of it at least.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess it depends what you're into cos I was right there with them on PSO. Felt like a miss to me.
There is no way PSO2 could be a miss. At most it's a simply "not for me" kind of deal, but it's a game that people have been asking for in the west for years at this point and that people had pretty much given up hope on. Even if you don't care about the game itself, you should recognize the significance of that.

It's kind of like a Mother 3 or Shenmue 3 announcement. Not something anyone at KF is going to be interested in, but something they understand the significance of regardless.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess you have to be into it to understand, because from the outside looking in..an MMO coming out on console 6 years later just rings "that ship has sailed" IMO
It's not just coming out on console, it's coming out on PC and console to the west for the first time. There was no official western release of PSO2, and western players attempting to play the Japanese game version of the game are routinely IP banned, making it really difficult to access for western players.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
The point is that, without context, it's just an old game coming out on Xbox and for some reason getting a major push at their biggest conference of the year. And most people, KF included, don't have that context. I didn't when it came up - I just thought it was a remaster or something. I think it's fine for Tim and Greg to have not been aware that this was a bigger deal than that.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The point is that, without context, it's just an old game coming out on Xbox and for some reason getting a major push at their biggest conference of the year. And most people, KF included, don't have that context. I didn't when it came up - I just thought it was a remaster or something. I think it's fine for Tim and Greg to have not been aware that this was a bigger deal than that.
Fair enough

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
Interesting observation...EZA reaction to Keanu reveal is at 300k views , KF is only at 50k despite being uploaded 5 hours earlier and to more youtube subs (not that the small difference in subs means much)

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting observation...EZA reaction to Keanu reveal is at 300k views , KF is only at 50k despite being uploaded 5 hours earlier and to technically more subs.

EZA have a bit of a history with their reacts after that FF7 one got really popular. And KF just basically copied the idea wholesale.

The whole reaction thing comes across as really disingenuous these days anyway.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
EZA reactions are also some of the most genuine out there. Their passion is palpable and they don't feel forced for entertainment like 90% of reacts videos.

Not to beat a dead horse but a great example is Tim's fake hype from the Joker in Smash reveal where he spun around, tossed a hat and broke a laptop. Christ. (Still love you, Tim!)

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought tim, andy and greg were all right on the money regarding the xbox conference. I was expecting a lot more and the first 1/4th of it seemed like ti was going to be a good show but then ended up being front heavy.