• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
E3 was terrible, I don't blame Greg for being apathetic

Yeah I'm surprised by these takes. I thought most people agreed this is a whatever e3, and then these posts come in surprised at their reactions?

Also why were people complaining about their phantasy star online take? I just got to it and all it was was Tim saying that's a big get and a lot of people will be stoked, and then they moved on.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Still unsure why you would have three people who hate JRPGs review a press conference from the JRPG company. These are the times when Greg's "I want the company to be like IGN/Rooster Teeth" mantra would actually come in handy. Bring on people who actually might give a shit about what's going to be presented.

Overall, I'm just glad E3 is done and I don't have to see the awful thumbnails for their post-show reactions anymore.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
This E3 is pretty much widely seen as terrible at worst, okay at best. Kinda funny reaction is pretty much in line with that.

Easy Allies is always excited about everything that it just comes off as fake and annoying. Nintendo could announce a pet rock for $29.99 and they would cream their pants..its off putting.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
This E3 is pretty much widely seen as terrible at worst, okay at best. Kinda funny reaction is pretty much in line with that.

Easy Allies is always excited about everything that it just comes off as fake and annoying. Nintendo could announce a pet rock for $29.99 and they would cream their pants..its off putting.

That's just not true at all. They were hyped for the big moments and kept it jolly during the rest.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I was taken aback with regarding their coverage was the nintendo reaction. Nintendo clearly had the best E3 showing and plenty of hype games and they were just like "whatever". Especially that botw 2 reaction. Yeah we knew a zelda was coming but a direct sequel is pretty rare for the franchise.

I actually agree. I sub to them because they all seem like great people but theyre really one note a lot of the time.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's just not true at all. They were hyped for the big moments and kept it jolly during the rest.

Yep.

ha, the worst take.
Try enjoying something once in a while, life will be better.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

What? Easy Allies is always critical when its deserving, they come across as jolly or positive but deep dive into difficult topics or like to analysis their collective thoughts in a more meaningful way then simply *that was bad or that was good*.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What? Easy Allies is always critical when its deserving, they come across as jolly or positive but deep dive into difficult topics or like to analysis their collective thoughts in a more meaningful way then simply *that was bad or that was good*.

Yea, for every game they have done impressions on they have done both positive and negative discussion.

I guess some people can't handle actual discussion and just want a quick hot take to agree with.

Anyway, this thread is about Kinda Funny not EZA.

I'll make my way to the EZA thread.

Last edited:

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
User Warned: Inflammatory generalizations (accusations of shilling)
Yea, for every game they have done impressions on they have done both positive and negative discussion.

I guess some people can't handle actual discussion and just want a quick hot take to agree with.
Yes. When I want actual discussions I go to the corny guys who hop up and down and yell like they just won the lottery over announcements that is in no way fake and is no way meant to go viral.

But this take makes sense from someone who thinks an actor being in a video game was hype.

If I wanted the worst take I'd rewatch easy allies reaction to that first devolver digital e3 conference. It was like they were being personally attacked. Talk about not having a sense of humour and not enjoying life. It was embarrassing to watch.

Easy allies is garbage and honestly their fan base is as obnoxious as the hosts are. Constantly acting like they're astro turfing and shilling for them in every thread they can. Yikes.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. When I want actual discussions I go to the corny guys who hop up and down and yell like they just won the lottery over announcements that is in no way fake and is no way meant to go viral.

But this take makes sense from someone who thinks an actor being in a video game was hype.

If I wanted the worst take I'd rewatch easy allies reaction to that first devolver digital e3 conference. It was like they were being personally attacked. Talk about not having a sense of humour and not enjoying life. It was embarrassing to watch.

Easy allies is garbage and honestly their fan base is as obnoxious as the hosts are. Constantly acting like they're astro turfing and shilling for them in every thread they can. Yikes.

If you think that's what they are then you haven't watched a lot of their content, only a few reactions.
And the only garbage here is your uninformed shit take of a crew that bring happiness to a lot of people here on Era.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
If you think that's what they are then you haven't watched a lot of their content, only a few reactions.
And the only garbage here is your uninformed shit take of a crew that bring happiness to a lot of people here on Era.
Then go post about them in their community thread. Not sure why I have to constantly see their garbage name in this thread?

This thread is just a dumpster fire of bitching about kinda funny and then people slipping in how much better they like easy allies every once in a while. It comes off as dishonest advertising most of the time.

The irony of people saying no fun allowed or try to have fun sometimes to anybody in this thread when they call out fake hype, a thread which consists of constantly whining about the kinda funny content is very rich.

And I cant stand when Tim does his schtick either. It's so contrived.

I have a lot of fun with kinda funny content. Especially watching party mode. Because it comes off as genuine fun between friends. Sorry I am not into grown men being fake as hell for clicks over trivial shit.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
That was like 3 years ago or something. Just because their original Shenmue 3 and FF7 reactions get posted a lot doesn't mean that they act like that all the time lol.

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
I have a lot of fun with kinda funny content. Especially watching party mode. Because it comes off as genuine fun between friends. Sorry I am not into grown men being fake as hell for clicks over trivial shit.

Wait..you think party mode in genuine? It can be funny but half of it is scripted and half of it is fake hype for some corny game they got paid to play

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I listen to both KF and EZA and all it is, is two teams with two valid points of view on the conference. EZA was not too hot on this year's E3, with their conversation on leaks and how we knew most things going into it, which is true. I'm a little confused at the people in this thread saying KF are the only ones having not so positive things to say, everywhere you look the word on the streets is that E3 was okay, with a couple cool moments, but nothing compared to previous years.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I listen to both KF and EZA and all it is, is two teams with two valid points of view on the conference. EZA was not too hot on this year's E3, with their conversation on leaks and how we knew most things going into it, which is true. I'm a little confused at the people in this thread saying KF are the only ones having not so positive things to say, everywhere you look the word on the streets is that E3 was okay, with a couple cool moments, but nothing compared to previous years.

Yeah idk this thread just had a nonsensical discussion about them not recognizing the significance of PSO2 or whatever (when they did) so not everything that goes on in here makes much sense.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

I think there still is a place for E3, but in an age full of crunch, just imagine if E3 was a time period where, sure, folks can try games in the convention centers, but there was no need for high production and conventions full of developers, taking time away from development. Nintendo nailed it with their Directs, Stadia seems to be going in that direction and PlayStation as well to some extent

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

Greg's opinion of Stadia seems to be the complete inverse of the majority of the video games press/journalists/whatever. Like most people I've seen seem to range from healthy skepticism to outright dismissal but Greg seems to think it's the future of gaming that that's a good thing.

To be honest I think there's so many concerns with Stadia, from the obscene pricing model to their treatment of devs (especially indies), that I can't take it seriously when someone is welcoming this as a good thing.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, press is seeing a more open demo of SW behind closed doors and the devs have stated that the game is far more open than the demo appeared. Lots of positive impressions seem to be coming out from the show.
Oh, I'm definitely interested still but there were a lot of better games at e3 imho

But of course, my opinion can and obviously does differ to Greg's.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL at Greg hyped for Cyberpunk. What was the last RPG he's even finished? He'll play a lot of it until a Division 2 update/exp and it'll drop off.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Lol @ Stadia being one of Greg's "game of the show" picks. It's the perfect microcosm of Kinda Funny just being so out of touch with gamers in 2019. He's the only person who doesn't even ACKNOWLEDGE the pitfalls of this streaming future. Even regular consumers who are into Stadia/X Cloud being the future admit that there are potential issues, but Greg seems to just be completely blind to it all.

And yes, Greg will never finish Cyberpunk. Prove me wrong, Miller. Avengers literally comes out just under a month later. He'll get that game a week or two before the release date, drop Cyberpunk, and never look back. Especially if that game truly goes in on the Destiny/Division type elements. A few weeks before that Animal Crossing drops, and on March 6th Watch Dogs: Legion comes out. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he plays no more than a handful of hours. The only person I see finishing it is Andy, but they probably won't even bring him on to talk about it once he completes it.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Man, how the fuck am I gonna play WD Legion, Cyberpunk AND Avengers

Holy shit

I'm sure one or all three will get delayed though

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Man, how the fuck am I gonna play WD Legion, Cyberpunk AND Avengers

Holy shit

I'm sure one or all three will get delayed though

Tell me about it... I'm definitely getting Gods & Monsters and FF7 on top of those as well so I've got no idea what I'm gunna do. From August onwards there's basically like 2/3 games a month that I'm interested in.

It always seems this way at the end of the console cycle when everyone tries to get everything out before the new machines show up.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Lol @ Stadia being one of Greg's "game of the show" picks. It's the perfect microcosm of Kinda Funny just being so out of touch with gamers in 2019. He's the only person who doesn't even ACKNOWLEDGE the pitfalls of this streaming future. Even regular consumers who are into Stadia/X Cloud being the future admit that there are potential issues, but Greg seems to just be completely blind to it all.

And yes, Greg will never finish Cyberpunk. Prove me wrong, Miller. Avengers literally comes out just under a month later. He'll get that game a week or two before the release date, drop Cyberpunk, and never look back. Especially if that game truly goes in on the Destiny/Division type elements. A few weeks before that Animal Crossing drops, and on March 6th Watch Dogs: Legion comes out. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he plays no more than a handful of hours. The only person I see finishing it is Andy, but they probably won't even bring him on to talk about it once he completes it.
LOL at Greg hyped for Cyberpunk. What was the last RPG he's even finished? He'll play a lot of it until a Division 2 update/exp and it'll drop off.
Did he ever end up finishing Assassin's Creed Odyssey?
Anyone wanna take bets on if Greg actually ever plays Cyberpunk to completion?
So what if he doesn't finish a game? What point would it make if he didn't?

Karthane

Mar 20, 2018
I mean, when you listen to his thoughts he is purely talking about HIS experience with it. He is allowed to be excited for it if he tried it and really liked it, along with the fact that he has great internet/no data caps. It will likely be a great product for him

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I skipped the Stadia stuff (only because I wanted to get to the games quickly) but their E3 impressions are really good.
Very solid breakdowns of every demo they've had access to.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I mean, when you listen to his thoughts he is purely talking about HIS experience with it. He is allowed to be excited for it if he tried it and really liked it, along with the fact that he has great internet/no data caps. It will likely be a great product for him
No! How dare he have his own opinion and not have the same out rage and cynicism about the product as everyone!

/s

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

Yup. That comment is more nonsense "criticism"

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Whilst I agree, he could mention the potential pitfalls for viewers who watch the shows to be informed.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
SBM is so fucking great. Shame how bad the audio has been for E3. Little effort as possible was given. I quite enjoyed that episode anyway.
But it was very clear that the hosting gigs made the E3 content worse. Im glad they are getting extra revenue but I miss when Greg had more time to play lots of different types of games. Now it's just what he can fit in it feels like.

Last edited:

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
lots of people out there in the comments calling for snowbike mike to be hired.

I think he's been fine and good with his involvement for KF but I feel he'd be an uninteresting hire. He's like Greg without an off switch. Which is interesting on the occasion but don't need both on the reg lol

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Please no Snowbike. Dude it super cool and fun, but I personally can't stand his schtick. Dude is always "on" at like a 12 when he needs to be down around a 7.