• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Was there any backlash? Seems like he's just making a Playstation podcast and most people have moved on.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't cared at all about Colin since 2017 but it does seem pretty unprofessional of PAX to book someone, ask them to promote the panel/the show in general and then cancel on them out of the blue. Like I'm not defending Colin at all because I don't care for him but maybe just don't book him in the first place?

Sucks if people did actually buy tickets just for him, although I imagine there's a lot of crossover fans who would find a lot else to enjoy out of PAX with or without him.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I haven't cared at all about Colin since 2017 but it does seem pretty unprofessional of PAX to book someone, ask them to promote the panel/the show in general and then cancel on them out of the blue. Like I'm not defending Colin at all because I don't care for him but maybe just don't book him in the first place?

Sucks if people did actually buy tickets just for him, although I imagine there's a lot of crossover fans who would find a lot else to enjoy out of PAX with or without him.
Agreed. This was extremely unprofessional.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Its just the market place of ideas doing its thing, Colin should have no problem with a company deciding not to work with an individual.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have zero sympathy for anyone who supports Colin. The cancellation of a PAX panel couldn't have happened to a better person.

Honestly, seeing how many staunch Colin defenders are still in the Kinda Funny community makes me want to disassociate with this group entirely.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I think cancelling him was utterly pathetic. They knew who he was when they booked him, so either stick to your guns and stand by the decision or don't bother booking him in the first place.

They haven't even released a statement about it. Real professional and respectful to the fans who payed a lot of money to attend and see him after they asked Colin to promote the event.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Man Gary really just needed to lay off on the whole COD thing on today's show. Especially him talking about would you want your kids playing a game that has that kind of content in it. Guess what Gary the game is rated M so kids shouldn't be playing it anyway and if they are then blame the dumb parents.

It's OK for other forms of media to display these kind of things but as soon as a game does it games media wants to stir up controversy over it.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they're better off without someone like that.

I mean, people disliked andrea and Jared at times but neither of them are bad people. Same cant be said for Colin.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Her response was extremely articulate and spot-on. That was a really good opportunity for him to do some self reflection, so it's sad yet predictable that he brushed it off.

I'm glad she emphasised the point that the joke was irrelevant to why the industry has shunned him. I have a hard time believing he doesn't understand that.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Her response was extremely articulate and spot-on. That was a really good opportunity for him to do some self reflection, so it's sad yet predictable that he brushed it off.

I'm glad she emphasised the point that the joke was irrelevant to why the industry has shunned him. I have a hard time believing he doesn't understand that.
I don't.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Nah, I'm certain he does. It's an inconvenient fact he chooses to ignore because it's easier to pretend that SJWs ruined his life over a stupid dad joke.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
deserved!

the dude attacks EVERYONE that says something he doesnt like and sends his insane fans after them

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
In this case it's interesting to see that even Kinda funny best friends or people who openly are against Colin agree that Pax did something strange.

Sure there are people celebrating this and not all of them look good. Someone from a games website wrote people should just trow milkshakes at Collin and another one wrote something that only could meant something like "Colin should just kill himself".

Pax should never have invited him, especially now lawyers have come forward things could get messy

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Having read through some of his tweets I'm feeling a lot less sympathetic about this situation than before (not that I was ever feeling sympathetic to Colin in the first place, more for people who bought tickets to see him). He's playing a classic right wing tactic so well; spew out bigoted nonsense and then play the victim card the minute someone calls him out. It's worked so well for him.

I'm not familiar with the person who wrote it, but that open letter really does hit the nail on the head, especially the bits about why the industry shunned him when he left KF. And it's clear he knows this but he can't admit it because his audience is built around him being an "outsider" who was excommunicated from the mainstream industry.

I used to be a massive Beyond fan and, by extension, really liked Colin but honestly fuck him. KF is way better off without him.

Yeah, they're better off without someone like that.

I mean, people disliked andrea and Jared at times but neither of them are bad people. Same cant be said for Colin.

Wanna agree with this too; I'm not a big fan of either Andrea or Jared but at least they're not actively awful people.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Colin is such a typical Long Islander. My mother's side of the family is from Long Island and they all act exactly like he does. Man, there must be something in the water there.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
He keeps reaching new highs.
Sky is really the limit for this miserable human being.

What PAX did was wrong. First, don't give him a panel in the first place. They know him. Second, own it and say exactly why you canceled it.
But it does bring me joy lol

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
It's disturbing how aggressive he got with her in just a few short tweets. He's just gotten worse in the years since he left and surrounded himself by the same sort of sycophantic, banner raising echo chamber that he always complained about incessantly. Fucking prick.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
In this case it's interesting to see that even Kinda funny best friends or people who openly are against Colin agree that Pax did something strange.

Sure there are people celebrating this and not all of them look good. Someone from a games website wrote people should just trow milkshakes at Collin and another one wrote something that only could meant something like "Colin should just kill himself".

Pax should never have invited him, especially now lawyers have come forward things could get messy
It's cute that you think he even remotely has any legal ground to stand on here.

You just know that if this cancellation happened to people from IGN, Kotaku, Polygon, Waypoint etc. Colin would be screaming from the top of a hill that it's just "the free market" deciding things or some bullshit like that while wringing his hands.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
There's no legal grounds to question the cancellation, but I will stand by my opinion that their ethics were disgusting in this case. They booked him due to Sacred Symbols' huge popularity, encouraged him to promote the show to his listeners, and then pulled the plug at the last minute after he helped them sell tickets. That's gross, and while I don't believe it was a cynical decision to use and abuse him, they deserve A LOT of scrutiny for booking him at all, let alone everything that happened after.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
There's no legal grounds to question the cancellation, but I will stand by my opinion that their ethics were disgusting in this case. They booked him due to Sacred Symbols' huge popularity, encouraged him to promote the show to his listeners, and then pulled the plug at the last minute after he helped them sell tickets. That's gross, and while I don't believe it was a cynical decision to use and abuse him, they deserve A LOT of scrutiny for booking him at all, let alone everything that happened after.

Is his show really that popular? I don't ever see it mentioned anywhere or talked about outside his own sphere. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Is his show really that popular? I don't ever see it mentioned anywhere or talked about outside his own sphere. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
It is always a little difficult to get precise numbers. On YouTube he has some reviews that have huge viewerships. The podcast only has around 10.000 to 18.000 viewers. Since that's only a still image most people probably listen to the podcast on other devices and it's hard to find those numbers.

The only thing that's certain is that his patreon is among the top ranked patreons. The whole Pax fiasco only helped him get more patreons, even a highly respected Dutch game journalist became a patreon because of this

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Extremely well thought-out and written. Based on that we can guarantee Colin will take his ball and go home with no response of substance to be seen. That's been his go-to reaction every time somebody actually pushes back against his vile bullshit.

EDIT: Just saw his response to it. Typical fucking man-baby.
Colin will never hear criticisms. He participated on the forum a couple years ago and every time someone made a sincere criticism, he completely ignored it and replied only to the few kneejerk posts that were easy to make look bad.

I sympathized with him for a while, but at this point he is so far down the path of delusion I just don't see any redemption to be had at the end of his story.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
This is slightly OT, but I was in FL the other day and I was driving around Tampa and noticed that there was a Portillo's. There's none where I'm from so on my last day I gave it a shot and Greg really isn't kidding when he reps that place. The food was so good
QOlAiNv_d.jpg

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like it, but I have never understood what's so special about it.