• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
Now Colin's whining about being 'erased from Podcast Beyond's history' despite being mentioned in the latest episode and having a go at Brian Altano for not bringing up the PAX thing. He's so fucking cringey it's unreal 😂

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
The guy needs to delete his Twitter, put his Patreon on ice and maybe even go get a new job. He has serious mental health issues that need to be addressed, and it's clear being in the industry is putting him in a very bad frame of mind.

I know he's his own worst enemy, and it can be tough to feel sorry for him, but I really do feel nothing but sympathy for him. It's obvious he's struggling with a lot of demons and being in the public sphere is only exacerbating them. He even broke down in tears on one of his podcasts last year.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
His fans are idiots tbf, but this is poor showing from PAX

Why would they offer refunds? There's probably something in the small print about schedules being subject to change or something like that. I don't agree with how PAX handled it (shouldn't have booked him in the first place) but I don't see why anyone was expecting refunds... What if it had been the other way around and Colin had to cancel for whatever reason? Would they offer refunds then?

God any time some drama or whatever comes up with Colin it just makes me feel worse that I followed and supported him for years and years.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Well if he does, he'll rightfully be called out for not responding to their request for comment.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
well, finally a major outlet picked up the ''story'' so now I waiting for the inevitable ''I knew that if they picked it up they would paint me in a negative way, they hate us we must come toghether'' tweet

Absolutely. The only reason he wanted someone to pick it up is so he can play the victim again... he's basically baited Kotaku into writing a negative article about him which he can complain about now.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Greg seems to want to transition into doing that full time. He always said he wanted to have kinda funny be able to run without him.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. I'm fine with him not being on the gaming shows since he doesn't have much to say about them, but hopefully he still hosts the off-topic shows.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I first I thought it was very odd that there was no mention of the E3 leak on KFGD today, I mean it's a big story. But having read Greg's response to this on reddit, it kind of makes sense why he chose not to cover it.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
These days I think most hosting gigs aren't really about fit or having someone be super knowledgeable about whatever game. It's more about finding someone who (i) can read and follow a script or remember a bunch of talking points and (ii) will be entertaining and bring out the most in the panelists (who typically for video games don't have a lot of experience being on stage or being interviewed).

Greg fits both those criteria well, probably the best in the industry, which is why he gets invited to events like this one when you'd logically think it wouldn't make sense for him to be there.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
His fans are idiots tbf, but this is poor showing from PAX

They're not even remotely entitled to refunds. Every event like this comes with the caveat that the card/guests/panels are subject to change. The WWE doesn't give everyone in the crowd a refund if one of their matches has to be removed or altered for some reason.

His partner seems to be an absolute tool as well.
There was a thread on /r/PS4 and his partner was in there drumming up the Colin defence force. It's honestly one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

On an actual Kinda Funny note, do y'all think In Review is done as a regular show after this year? They're burning through both Harry Potter and Star Wars to close out the year, which means they'll have covered every series that actually gets them more than 20k views. They'll obviously return to series that are ongoing, but I'm hoping they do something new because In Review is the drizzling shits. What happened to Greg's claim that they wanted to do seasonal content outside of their core few shows?

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
well, finally a major outlet picked up the ''story'' so now I waiting for the inevitable ''I knew that if they picked it up they would paint me in a negative way, they hate us we must come toghether'' tweet

I'm confused with this idiot and his fans. All they do is mock and shit on mainstream gaming journos, but then cry foul when they don't cover his shit. He's spent about a week straight pouting about this. His fans are all out there on twitter practically begging all the big name gaming journalists to cover it. Why should they? He's been nothing but a fucking tool towards them.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
On an actual Kinda Funny note, do y'all think In Review is done as a regular show after this year? They're burning through both Harry Potter and Star Wars to close out the year, which means they'll have covered every series that actually gets them more than 20k views. They'll obviously return to series that are ongoing, but I'm hoping they do something new because In Review is the drizzling shits. What happened to Greg's claim that they wanted to do seasonal content outside of their core few shows?

Don't forget there's all these Disney+ Marvel and Star Wars shows coming out soon; that'll give them something new to review basically every week. If they do those shows plus new films in all the series they've already reviewed, that'd probably give them enough to keep it weekly forever.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Don't forget there's all these Disney+ Marvel and Star Wars shows coming out soon; that'll give them something new to review basically every week. If they do those shows plus new films in all the series they've already reviewed, that'd probably give them enough to keep it weekly forever.
Ahhhhh good point. Disney seems pretty set on releasing content in a weekly format on Plus, so they basically have unlimited reviews from now until the end of the universe.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
They're not even remotely entitled to refunds. Every event like this comes with the caveat that the card/guests/panels are subject to change. The WWE doesn't give everyone in the crowd a refund if one of their matches has to be removed or altered for some reason.

There was a thread on /r/PS4 and his partner was in there drumming up the Colin defence force. It's honestly one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.

It's not going to move the needle in any meaningful way but I wouldn't mind seeing them do View Askew in Review, if only to see them finally accept that half of Kevin Smith's films are in remarkably poor taste and do not actually hold up the way they think they do.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Lol Ignacio Rojas on Andy's stream last night asked and if he wanted to grab lunch while he was in sf and Andy was just like "nah I'm good"

Then a minute later Ignacio says "how bout I grab us lunch and bring it to the studio?" and Andy says "nah I definitely wouldn't like that"

Oof. RIP

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Ignacio Rojas on Andy's stream last night asked and if he wanted to grab lunch while he was in sf and Andy was just like "nah I'm good"

Then a minute later Ignacio says "how bout I grab us lunch and bring it to the studio?" and Andy says "nah I definitely wouldn't like that"

Oof. RIP
😂

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Oof. RIP
Holy shit lmaoooo. I can just picture the way Andy would have delivered those lines too.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Am I alone in thinking Andy's in the right there? I know they push the whole best friend thing, but there's still a line between fan and personality.

Asking to bring lunch to their office is especially weird to be honest.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Am I alone in thinking Andy's in the right there? I know they push the whole best friend thing, but there's still a line between fan and personality.

Asking to bring lunch to their office is especially weird to be honest.

Nah you aint alone F that shit i wouldn't want any fan to give me any food unless its package sealed and even then I would be worried.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Nah you aint alone F that shit i wouldn't want any fan to give me any food unless its package sealed and even then I would be worried.

fuk that's where you're going with it? I was just thinking it was just a matter not wanting time taken out of his day, or more focus taken away from work. Andy always talks about how inclined he is to stay home in these kind of scenarios.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Okay got it - everyone thinks Andy is in the right! I was just worried people were going to go after him about it (not here but more likely on Reddit or something).

OP
OP
Calderc

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember exactly, it happened on stream a few weeks to a month back. It had to do with Ignacio always posting dumb shit in the comments. I think the one that really triggered Andy was while he was on a Mario Maker level and Ignacio said something like 'Wow are you still on this level?'. Andy was like 'Damn dude I dunno what it is about you, but you just have the ability to really get under my skin and annoy the shit out of me'.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember exactly, it happened on stream a few weeks to a month back. It had to do with Ignacio always posting dumb shit in the comments. I think the one that really triggered Andy was while he was on a Mario Maker level and Ignacio said something like 'Wow are you still on this level?'. Andy was like 'Damn dude I dunno what it is about you, but you just have the ability to really get under my skin and annoy the shit out of me'.

Eh. Just some bickering between best friends