• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
It's stupid and dangerous.

Always felt like it was a Greg thing that the others took on when they were still small. But it's just an untenable and as you say, dangerous, concept the bigger they get. There's plenty scary people out there who don't understand where the line is with something like that.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I also think literally hiring fans is a bit of an issue too. Don't get me wrong, I think Andy and Joey are great, but it creates a really weird vibe amongst the fans. 90% of the time when I see one of these hardcore fans who the hosts are always bringing up on shows my mind immediately jumps to them angling for a job there. I have no doubt in my mind that the 4 or 5 people who write into KFGD every single day are doing it to try to put themselves at the front of the line next time they're hiring. It's creepy and gross IMO. I'm also surprised they don't just get people showing up at their studio considering the address is widely known.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I also think literally hiring fans is a bit of an issue too. Don't get me wrong, I think Andy and Joey are great, but it creates a really weird vibe amongst the fans. 90% of the time when I see one of these hardcore fans who the hosts are always bringing up on shows my mind immediately jumps to them angling for a job there. I have no doubt in my mind that the 4 or 5 people who write into KFGD every single day are doing it to try to put themselves at the front of the line next time they're hiring. It's creepy and gross IMO. I'm also surprised they don't just get people showing up at their studio considering the address is widely known.
Ehhh, I don't really see the harm in putting yourself out there. Especially when it works.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there definitely is harm if people are bothering the people that work at Kinda Funny. That guy asking Andy to hang out is pretty clearly trying to parlay that into being considered next time a job comes up.
I don't see how its a direct correlation. One is folks constantly writing into KFGD to get their names known, the other is someone pushing boundaries on Andy's personal streams.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Eh there's a massive difference between writing into a show through an official channel and taking opportunities when they come up (like Andy did with designing shirts and stuff) to literally asking to show up at someone's place of work on a livestream. One's definitely a lot creepier than the other.

I do think the best friend thing, while well intentioned, does dangerously blur the lines. I'm sure 99% of "best friends" are fine but it only takes one guy to take it too far.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad that Andrea is leaving, she is so out of touch.

An $80 base price for games would put them out of the range of affordability for most people and drive down sales.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

An $80 base price for games would put them out of the range of affordability for most people and drive down sales.
Lol she really said that? $80 would be insane, how would people afford more than a couple games per console?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are probably used to the SF bubble where $60 isn't worth as much, I dunno. But I feel like their fans must tell them over and over that money is actually worth a lot.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Lol she really said that? $80 would be insane, how would people afford more than a couple games per console?

I won't say that they're always super in touch with the overall market, but this is a little bit over the top. If your gaming budget stayed the same and you bought all your games at full price, the change from $60 to $80 per game would result in you owning 25% fewer games. So if you buy 16 per console cycle, you'd buy 12. It's definitely an impact, but it's not enough to say that someone who's happy buying games at $60 now would only be able to afford "a couple" every five years.

That said. I wouldn't be shocked if we see a spike up to $70 in the next gen. The standard game price has been $60 since what...2005? With dev costs going higher and just general cost of living increasing everywhere, a $10/game increase would probably make some sense, but only the devs/publishers can answer how it would affect their business model. Some small percentage of consumers would become more diligent about holding off for sale prices while the large majority would have their purchasing habits stay relatively the same.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

You say this as if they aren't all completely out of touch, Greg especially so. It's hard to take their thoughts seriously when they get all their games for free. When was the last time any of them even paid for a game?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Unpopular opinion maybe, but I would be all for $80 games if it meant no more exploitative microtransaction bs.

Of course I know that wouldn't happen and we would just end up with $80 games and the same bs.

I say that not knowing the full context of what Andrea said, however.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion maybe, but I would be all for $80 games if it meant no more exploitative microtransaction bs.
Microtransactions are almost always optional though. I buy new games pretty often and I have never purchased a microtransaction. So you're charging an extra $20 to people who never would have bought those extras to begin with - and that's the best case scenario, because you know they would still have additional microtransactions on top of the $80.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Microtransactions are almost always optional though. I buy new games pretty often and I have never purchased a microtransaction. So you're charging an extra $20 to people who never would have bought those extras to begin with - and that's the best case scenario, because you know they would still have additional microtransactions on top of the $80.
I know. We're talking absolute best case, which wouldn't happen.

And I don't agree that they're just "optional". Sure you don't buy them, but they almost always make a game worse imo. I'd rather not have that "cost".

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know. We're talking absolute best case, which wouldn't happen.

And I don't agree that they're just "optional". Sure you don't buy them, but they almost always make a game worse imo. I'd rather not have that "cost".
Well, like I said I played many great new games and never purchased one... seems pretty optional :P

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Probably depends on the game, but I've never felt as though I was missing out on anything. Usually they're just worthless digital knick-knacks.
And sometimes they add pad and grind to encourage you to buy experience boosters, like in AC. If they charged an extra $20 to make a better game, I'd be all for it.

But like I've already said, that's a dream too far.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Ok can we talk about Chloe now? Potential new eventual KF hire and all. With the reaction she got, and her interest in it, I'll probably happen.

I sort of think the love is a bit overblown, not that I mind much. She's fine, I'm sure she can grow well into KF if she were to get hired.

The next up and commer is Blessings Jr.

Really I'd be super on board with both of them getting hired at some point largely for diversity's sake. (At the very least, I aspect anyone they'd choose to hire would grow into a good fit at some point)

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Ok can we talk about Chloe now? Potential new eventual KF hire and all. With the reaction she got, and her interest in it, I'll probably happen.

I sort of think the love is a bit overblown, not that I mind much. She's fine, I'm sure she can grow well into KF if she were to get hired.

The next up and commer is Blessings Jr.

Really I'd be super on board with both of them getting hired at some point largely for diversity's sake. (At the very least, I aspect anyone they'd choose to hire would grow into a good fit at some point)

Honestly it's getting harder and harder for me to invest in new people at this point. I haven't watched anything from KF for probably 6 weeks but I'm glad people seem to have enjoyed the new person!

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
She hasn't been on any gaming content, only the other shows.

Her epsiode of We Have Cool Friends comes out next week so maybe they get into it there, or maybe she doesn't game idk.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hiring someone who has no interest in games would be the dumbest move possible. Greg, Tim, Andy, and Barrett are the only "gamers" that they have at the moment that work full-time for the company. Andy isn't allowed to be on gaming content all the time because of other commitments and the same goes for Barrett. When you're down to having only two employees that are actually into video games while also running a gaming YouTube channel you'd think your next hire would be someone who plays a lot of video games.

With Andrea leaving and Fran not appearing all the time, how are they even going to run Gamescast every week? They're running out of people they can contract in, and a two-man Gamescast consisting of just Greg and will never work in the long run. Tim is way too picky with what he plays and Greg has seriously decreased the variety of games he plays over the last few years. Could honestly see them axing the show at this point.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Hiring someone who has no interest in games would be the dumbest move possible. Greg, Tim, Andy, and Barrett are the only "gamers" that they have at the moment that work full-time for the company. Andy isn't allowed to be on gaming content all the time because of other commitments and the same goes for Barrett. When you're down to having only two employees that are actually into video games while also running a gaming YouTube channel you'd think your next hire would be someone who plays a lot of video games.

With Andrea leaving and Fran not appearing all the time, how are they even going to run Gamescast every week? They're running out of people they can contract in, and a two-man Gamescast consisting of just Greg and will never work in the long run. Tim is way too picky with what he plays and Greg has seriously decreased the variety of games he plays over the last few years. Could honestly see them axing the show at this point.

I'd actually be interested in a Greg/Tim Gamescast every once in a while...

Also I'm pretty sure every time Andy's talked about it, it's not a case of him not being allowed to be on shows, it's more that he doesn't feel comfortable being an on-camera person. That's always the sense I get from him anyway. And if you look at most of his on-camera stuff, it's usually him goofing around and being funny.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Also I'm pretty sure every time Andy's talked about it, it's not a case of him not being allowed to be on shows, it's more that he doesn't feel comfortable being an on-camera person. That's always the sense I get from him anyway. And if you look at most of his on-camera stuff, it's usually him goofing around and being funny.

I've had to say that like 15 times in this thread. Smh no one ever listens to good ol icy

capybara-dive

Nov 1, 2017
Ok I'm going to sound like a jerk but does anyone else find the love for Chloe a little overboard / creepy? I mean she did as good as any other guest but I don't quite understand all the love the comments have been showering on her.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I actually still don't know who Chloe is. Didn't watch any of the shows she was in because I have lost interest in the shows generally.

Besides HP review, every week I normally just open Gamescast and KF podcast, check if there's anything in the time code, and close it.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Judging off that 50 question thing. Man mine and Andrea's taste in games are like the exact opposite.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's mine:

1. What's your favorite game of all time? - Metroid Prime
2. What's a game you thought you'd like but actually hated? - Never happened
3. What's a really popular game everyone seems to love but you don't like? - Basically every online game and most open world games
4. What's a game you didn't expect to enjoy but ended up liking? - I thought Metal Gear Solid was just going to be a boring military series when I tried it...
5. What game have you spent the most amount of hours on? - Smash Bros Melee
6. If you had to marry the last video game character you played, who would it be? - Last female character of age I played as was Cassandra from AC:O
7. If you had to live in the world of the last game you played, what world would it be? - Last game I played was Fire Emblem Three Houses
8. Have you ever had a crush on a video game character? - No
9. What was the first game you ever remember playing? - Mega Man X
10. Have you ever pretended to be sick to get out of something so you could play a game? - No
11. What game did you last complete? - Hollow Knight
12. What game are you playing right now? - Hollow Knight (going for platinum), Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses
13. What game do you want to play next? - Cuphead
14. In your opinion, what is the best games console? - SNES
15. Are PC gamers really superior to console players? - Don't be weird
16. What's your opinion on Fortnite? - I don't care
17. Have you ever watched a Twitch stream? - Yes
18. Have you ever streamed yourself on Twitch or YouTube? - No
19. Have you ever used a walkthrough? - Yes
20. What's the best weapon you've ever used in a game? - Storm Tornado, Mega Man X
21. Have you ever had to stop playing a game because it was too scary? - Yes, Amnesia and Resident Evil 7
22. Has a game's storyline ever made you cry? - Yes, Journey
23. What's your favorite fighting class: warrior, mage, or rogue, and why? - I usually go with a straightforward melee character
24. What's your favorite game genre? - 2D Platformer
25. Do you prefer multiplayer games or to go solo? - Solo
26. Do you prefer co-op or player vs player? - PvP
27. What is the first console you ever owned? - SNES
28. What or who got you into video games in the first place? - My friends introduced me to them
29. What is the longest amount of time you have sat playing games non-stop? - 8 hours on Pac-Man 2 on GameCube
30. If video games didn't exist anymore, what would you do? - Live life
31. What is your favorite song from a game? - Password Theme Song from Mega Man X
32. Have you ever wanted to live in a world from a game? If so, which one and why? - No but it'd be cool to have a Pokemon
33. Which video game character do you most wish you were like? - None
34. What's a game you've spent the most amount of money on? - $70 for Dark Souls 3
35. If you could have one power of any video game character, who would it be? - Idk, who can transport?
36. Who do you usually choose as your fighter in Super Smash Brothers/Soul Calibur? - Melee - Marth, Brawl - Idk, U - Toon Link, Ultimate - Samus
37. XBOX or PlayStation? Choose one! - PlayStation
38. What are you hoping for at the next E3? - Mega Man Legends 3
39. Who is your favorite villain from a video game and why? - Dunno
40. What is your favorite game from your childhood? - Mega Man X
41. Are there any games you're really bad at? - Vanquish
42. Have you ever seen somebody get really angry when they lose? - Yeah they punched a hole in the wall. Dork
43. What's your favorite game series of all time? - Mega Man
44. What's more important: action or story? - Action for me but depends on the game
45. Is there a game that is considered to be really bad but is your secret guilty pleasure? - No
46. If you could have any video game character as your best friend, who would it be? - None
47. If you could marry any game character, who would it be? - None
48. Would you rather have loads of time to play games but only be able to buy two games a year, or be able to buy loads of games but never have much time to play them? - The latter
49. In your opinion, what is the worst game of all time that you've played? - Shadow of Mordor
50. Would you give up video games for life and receive $500,000 in cash, or would you refuse the money? - Hell yeah gimme that money