• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Wait, we've got people hating on Danny now? The fuck?

He's really outspoken on Twitter which I think puts some people off. I don't mind it really but it can be come off as quite abrasive I suppose; he's very strongly opinionated and will call people out if they disagree with him but it's not that different from, say, Gary to be honest. He's also really left-leaning so those two things combined led to him getting James Gunn'd where people dug up some old racist tweets he made back when he was first starting out in the industry. There's some people on the KF reddit saying they wouldn't be comfortable with him being back on KF content for, I assume, that reason.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
He's really outspoken on Twitter which I think puts some people off. I don't mind it really but it can be come off as quite abrasive I suppose; he's very strongly opinionated and will call people out if they disagree with him but it's not that different from, say, Gary to be honest. He's also really left-leaning so those two things combined led to him getting James Gunn'd where people dug up some old racist tweets he made back when he was first starting out in the industry. There's some people on the KF reddit saying they wouldn't be comfortable with him being back on KF content for, I assume, that reason.
How long ago were those tweets? Because if we're talking like 2013, it's silly to assume he's still like that now, but if its relatively recent then fair enough

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Danny is basically just left-leaning Colin, so for the same reasons I don't ever want Colin back I could do without ever having to see Danny again. Regardless of that, I'd much rather them bring in new voices rather than old ones.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, we've got people hating on Danny now? The fuck?

I see people rag on Danny for being a shill, particularly Bethesda. Fact is, he is a well known huge Fallout fan. So it was no surprise he was invited to do the FO76 coverage. People called out his enjoyment of the game post-release, accusing him of being paid off. I also see people angry he was kind to Total Biscuit and had some friendly twitter conversations with Boogie.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
In the months after he left KF Danny made some of the most unhinged and disturbing tweets I have seen from someone who I would otherwise wholeheartedly agree with politically. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I was seeing and it just made me personally see him as a complete fake in hindsight. I don't want to support him but you're all welcome to if it's that big of a deal. I shouldn't have posted in the first place because it's not like I watch their games content anyway anymore.

Couldn't really care less about the Bethesda docs, at least his bias was made apparent there which is important for anyone wishing to make any attempt at creating a decent and reliable documentary.

I agree I want new people. Excited to see Javy and Suriel next week - that I will 100% be tuning in for.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
How long ago were those tweets? Because if we're talking like 2013, it's silly to assume he's still like that now, but if its relatively recent then fair enough

I can't remember exactly but it was a fair while ago, say 2010 or 2012, something like that. And Danny is definitely not the sort of person who would be writing stuff like that anymore I think.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Does this mean we're getting Tim, Greg, Fran, and Andrea, plus the GI crew on the Gamescast? If so, that sounds like a clusterfuck, but also a guarantee that some more games will get talked about! Last week's episode was a little better, but if Greg wasn't given a few preview opportunities it would have just been more of the same. I'm really hoping Imran becomes a Gamescast staple and is able to provide that much-needed variety.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean we're getting Tim, Greg, Fran, and Andrea, plus the GI crew on the Gamescast? If so, that sounds like a clusterfuck, but also a guarantee that some more games will get talked about! Last week's episode was a little better, but if Greg wasn't given a few preview opportunities it would have just been more of the same. I'm really hoping Imran becomes a Gamescast staple and is able to provide that much-needed variety.

No. Sounds like it's just the former GI journalists.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Greg and Tim are going to be out of town, anyway, so it is weird but probably not as weird as it could have been.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Haven't we had something like this before? When Jared was the only person around he brought in some IGN guys or something so it was basically none of the usual crew except Jared.

Same deal here; none of the usual crew except Imran for next week.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
I think they also had an episode of KFGD that was hosted by Andrea another host from What's Good Games.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Haven't we had something like this before? When Jared was the only person around he brought in some IGN guys or something so it was basically none of the usual crew except Jared.

Same deal here; none of the usual crew except Imran for next week.
Oh god, I'd buried the memories of that podcast so deep down that I'd completely forgotten about it. I may have actually fallen asleep during Jared's Gamescast with those gaming historian guys.

It'd be nice if Kinda Funny could actually communicate what the setup of Gamescast is going to be. For somebody who always talks about how communication is extremely important for a company, Greg sure does run a company that is god awful at it. Even letting people know about minor schedule changes is an issue for them.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, I'd buried the memories of that podcast so deep down that I'd completely forgotten about it. I may have actually fallen asleep during Jared's Gamescast with those gaming historian guys.

It'd be nice if Kinda Funny could actually communicate what the setup of Gamescast is going to be. For somebody who always talks about how communication is extremely important for a company, Greg sure does run a company that is god awful at it. Even letting people know about minor schedule changes is an issue for them.
That was a good gamescast though...

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

Uhhhh.... huh. I really don't know what to think about this, but my initial reaction is not exactly positive.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Who needs subs and patrons when you can just be a walking talking advertisement?
This just feels like it takes their brand in a direction they had avoided in the past. Yes they host game panels or reveal shows or whatever, but that feels different than an ongoing piece of content in which they're basically the mouthpiece for a huge, billion dollar publisher.

I don't know, I'm usually totally fine with the corporate gigs they do but this one just seems odd.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
haha par for the course. TBF this sounds like the Telltale gig Greg did with Batman. They were fewer and farther between back then also.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Greg hinted at this on one of the KFGD's this week. He mentions that these sorts of shows/events won't affect their reporting of news, but who knows for sure.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if pitchford funk is the wagon you want to hitch onto for your brand. :(

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I guess we can safely ignore their Borderlands 3 review then. I mean, how can you review it with a straight face after taking that gig? I don't know why they put themselves in such a position.