• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
nostlagia probably does help zelda scores Just look at skyward sword. BOTW's score is about right tho.

The BOTW thing is indicative to me of a wider issue I have with Andrea; she seems to deliberately go against the consensus opinion and then acts surprised when others don't agree with her. In that example, it's pretty well accepted that BOTW is one of the games of the generation and maybe one of the best of all time (of course people disagree with this but I'm talking about the broad, general opinion) but when others on the show brought it up as that, she was like "Really? That game?" as if she'd never heard that argument before.

The same thing happened more recently when she tried to argue that PS4's exclusives were what helped it in the early years when it's pretty widely accepted that PS4 struggled for exclusives in the first year or so. She just couldn't accept that she wasn't right about it despite everyone else on the show telling her otherwise.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have almost never seen nostalgia influence review tbh. Yeah the Skyward Sword scores were way too high for me, but you know what, maybe reviewers just honestly enjoyed the game.

The only time nostalgia is a factor is on GOAT lists. Super Mario Bros should not be in the conversation for the best game ever y'all. :P

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't even played the game, I'm just going from the reaction to the game when it first came out, not just by critics. (Remember people going CRAZY over gamespot's score), and the feelings on the game now.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I watched the KFGD show with Andrea and Imran. Something is wrong here. I don't know if Andrea got a paychek for Avengers or so but she's trying to defend Avengers at every aspect or so.

I mean, I played the game and saw the same demo that she saw. (at Gamescom, behind closed doors) Even i do not fully agree with Imran, I see his point. But Andrea is defending the game like she has no other choice. Very weird.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I didn't watch this latest Kinda Funny, kind of been falling away from every gaming outlet I used to watch except Easy Allies
I know Imran thinks Avengers looks like complete trash, which I obviously don't agree with, considering I'm looking forward to it more than possible 99% of people on this forum lol

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch this latest Kinda Funny, kind of been falling away from every gaming outlet I used to watch except Easy Allies
I know Imran thinks Avengers looks like complete trash, which I obviously don't agree with, considering I'm looking forward to it more than possible 99% of people on this forum lol
Out of curiosity, ids it more about playing an Avengers game, or does the game itself look exciting to you regardless of brand?

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Out of curiosity, ids it more about playing an Avengers game, or does the game itself look exciting to you regardless of brand?
Well I really did like what I saw of the Hulk, Black Widow, and especially Cap gameplay in the official demo they released, I love that you'll be able to play it with your friends, and I love the potential of their roadmap of rolling out heroes and levels over the course of this game's lifetime (though ERA hates GAAS, I know, I know)
....Plus yes, I am a super duper Marvel/MCU fan (and fan of superheroes in general) and would probably try this game out at some point for super cheap anyway even if it did score in the Anthem range (even though there's a limit, didn't play Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite for example, but I'm not really a fighting game guy anyway, only really pick up the Netherrealm games for the campaign)

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot_20190904-100249.jpg
gottem

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
All this does is prove my point further tbh. They get more views on videos using non-embarrassing thumbnails that focus on utilising eye-catching colours, rather than the cringeworthy fake reaction photos. Will they learn from this data? Nope.

Also interesting to note that about half-a-dozen videos in the past couple months have raked in less than 10k views. Yet another new low for the channel. It's mostly We Have Cool Friends too, so I can't see that lasting much longer.

So I guess Greg and Fran are now basically the public faces of this game?

The fact that they don't even remotely try to disclose that all of this is just one giant fucking ad is gross. If I was just a casual KF viewer and stumbled upon this Borderlands podcast I wouldn't just immediately assume it's an advertisement. It's pretty disingenuous. I guess when you're struggling to hit five-digit audience numbers you've gotta find other avenues to pull in money.

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018
All this does is prove my point further tbh. They get more views on videos using non-embarrassing thumbnails that focus on utilising eye-catching colours, rather than the cringeworthy fake reaction photos. Will they learn from this data? Nope.

Also interesting to note that about half-a-dozen videos in the past couple months have raked in less than 10k views. Yet another new low for the channel. It's mostly We Have Cool Friends too, so I can't see that lasting much longer.

The fact that they don't even remotely try to disclose that all of this is just one giant fucking ad is gross. If I was just a casual KF viewer and stumbled upon this Borderlands podcast I wouldn't just immediately assume it's an advertisement. It's pretty disingenuous. I guess when you're struggling to hit five-digit audience numbers you've gotta find other avenues to pull in money.
I don't really see how "#ad" is really going to change anything, but i get your point. Greg has always preached transparency.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't really see how "#ad" is really going to change anything, but i get your point. Greg has always preached transparency.
At the very least, including something to let you know it's an ad is a lot better than nothing. At the moment they're passing this off as one of their regular shows. Considering it's being recorded in their normal studio it just seems like something they wanted to do, rather than it being an advertisement. It would be like if they got money from Third Love or some other brand and just talked about the brand as a topic on the KF Podcast, rather than announcing they were doing an ad read.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Kevin just commented on my thread from weeks ago asking if it was fixed.

It's quieter, doesn't really fix my issue but apparently will for most people. To me it seems too quiet now, like the level of the voices from the podcasters surprise me when they start talking.

I'm looking at intros from a couple other youtube channels I follow and they aren't that quiet in comparison to the actual video content. There are about the same as KFGD usually is. Yet no one complains about those intros being too loud.

Perhaps because the track is just grating and mixed/mastered weirdly and most people only know how to express that by saying it's "too loud"? :thunk:

Also I think having some kind of lead in to the main part of the track would help, instead of just starting with the loudest part. (The college humor intro for example has the little build up before the main part of the track kicks in)

Just get a new kfgd intro I swear

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I watched the KFGD show with Andrea and Imran. Something is wrong here. I don't know if Andrea got a paychek for Avengers or so but she's trying to defend Avengers at every aspect or so.

I mean, I played the game and saw the same demo that she saw. (at Gamescom, behind closed doors) Even i do not fully agree with Imran, I see his point. But Andrea is defending the game like she has no other choice. Very weird.

She admitted she worked with Square on the Avengers showcase at E3 in the same GD.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Andrea's final week at KF. She'll be on KFGD every day apparently.

Actually seems she's only on Monday-Wednesday.

Last edited:

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Tim thought that the new Resident Evil trailer was in engine lol. What is up with people not knowing when a trailer is CG. Seems pretty clear to
me.

Also again Andrea needs to stop making fun of people who don't agree with her. Today she was making fun of the Game Informer guest who was on Friday b/c he didn't like Celeste. Like c'mon Andrea not everyone likes every game and they are entitled to their opinion. So glad she'll be gone after this week.

Last edited:

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
With Wednesday being her last day, I can see Nick "interrupting" KFGD inviting Andrea onto KFAF finally. It would obviously be planned, but would be funny (if part of the skit) if Andrea was like "Nah. I'm good".

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I see we're still shitting on Andrea for "reasons" while ignoring the other horrifically awful discussion from the men on KFGD today.

"Was Dreamcast Sega'a last console?"
"Yes."
"There's a reason for that."

If you're hosting a gaming news show and that's how you view the Dreamcast situation, you shouldn't be involved in a gaming show.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Yeah, you got us. We only criticise Andrea and never criticise the men on the show...except for these "reasons":

- They don't play enough games, or any games at all (Tim).

- They don't do any research beyond the most surface-level stuff despite running a daily news show.

- They can't come up with enough discussion in 7 days to cover a 1.5 hour weekly games podcast and keep it interesting.

- They travel so much it crippled their abilities to address the above problems.

- They have no identity as a group anymore.

These issues with the men have been brought up on every page of this thread for over a year and counting.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, you got us. We only criticise Andrea and never criticise the men on the show...except for these "reasons":

- They don't play enough games, or any games at all (Tim).

- They don't do any research beyond the most surface-level stuff despite running a daily news show.

- They can't come up with enough discussion in 7 days to cover a 1.5 hour weekly games podcast and keep it interesting.

- They travel so much it crippled their abilities to address the above problems.

- They have no identity as a group anymore.

These issues with the men have been brought up on every page of this thread for over a year and counting.

Except when we're discussing a specific episode, like today, and we nitpick at something Andrea said but completely gloss over factually incorrect stuff coming from the men in the same episode.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Andrea either belittles the other hosts or brings out the worst in them. Thankfully her last day is tomorrow.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
"Was Dreamcast Sega'a last console?"
"Yes."
"There's a reason for that."

I don't really want to listen to the episode but what was the context for this? Because there are reasons why DC was Sega's last console; did they actually go into it?

To be honest, the fact that the host of a games news show had to ask if Dreamcast was Sega's last console is a bit worrying in and of itself.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't really want to listen to the episode but what was the context for this? Because there are reasons why DC was Sega's last console; did they actually go into it?

Barely. They were having a short discussion about the 20 year anniversary which immediately started off Tim saying it was overrated and Kevin yelling in agreement. Kevin then asked if Dreamcast was their last console and followed it up with, "There's a reason for that."

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Can't criticize the show if you don't watch.

GalaxyBrain

Pretty much where I'm at to be honest... I only ever listen if Gary is on or occasionally a Greg and Tim episode. KFGD is generally pretty great if you do that. The only time I hear the bad episodes is when someone here complains about something and I want to get the context (like the Andrea/Imran stuff the other day).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much where I'm at to be honest... I only ever listen if Gary is on or occasionally a Greg and Tim episode. KFGD is generally pretty great if you do that. The only time I hear the bad episodes is when someone here complains about something and I want to get the context (like the Andrea/Imran stuff the other day).
Yup, I watch every Wednesday episode and then whatever random ones when I can be bothered.