• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
It was crazy how few video games they actually played. It was fun (and funny) regardless. I typically watch both KF and GB for Extra Life and the entertainment factor for me skewed heavily towards KF. For GB (at least for the Friday west stream) it was Jeff playing retro games from his Mister (he does that A LOT), COD:MW, and Destiny 2. I'm looking real forward to their Monday stream, though (GB East will probably have a more varied lineup and has the Dan Ryckert factor).

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a dick for even saying it, but it almost feels like they have more sponsored DiGiorno content than anything containing actual gameplay. They definitely used to do more.

I mean does it matter? Not sure if its coming from a place of ill intent but seems low to question thew amount of games they played when its purely for charity.

Oct 27, 2017
Should of said it differently. I'm really meaning like they don't (to me) play all that many games these days in content so the amount of time they spent playing stuff during extra life wasn't less than I would expect. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy several of the shows - though it's not much about games for me anymore.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aight, I'm not one to whine but I literally had to switch today's Game Daily off after the quite frankly embarrassing defense of Kojima's comments about American audiences. Paraphrasing:

"He didn't mean it, it must be a translation thing. He's right anyway, European media is more artful and I'm happy that Death Stranding is art."

"Yeah everyone I know is loving it. You have a big open world and big name actors like Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelson."

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
So Colin announced he was moving to Virginia and Greg accidentally linked to the post in a tweet and then deleted it lol.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Aight, I'm not one to whine but I literally had to switch today's Game Daily off after the quite frankly embarrassing defense of Kojima's comments about American audiences. Paraphrasing:

"He didn't mean it, it must be a translation thing. He's right anyway, European media is more artful and I'm happy that Death Stranding is art."

"Yeah everyone I know is loving it. You have a big open world and big name actors like Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelson."
I didn't even make it that far... I can't stand Snowbike Mike. I'm glad he's getting his shot at the Shoutcasting thing, he seems perfect for it, but I can't take that "character" on normal content.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even make it that far... I can't stand Snowbike Mike. I'm glad he's getting his shot at the Shoutcasting thing, he seems perfect for it, but I can't take that "character" on normal content.

I'm honestly not familiar with him but he made a terrible first impression on me. Just the most vapid commentary straight off the bat.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

From every time I've seen Snowbike Mike in anything, which is admittedly very little, I feel exactly the same. I can't stand him. It's like he's going for that Greg-style likable hosting guy, but devoid any sort of personality or charisma.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
So Colin announced he was moving to Virginia and Greg accidentally linked to the post in a tweet and then deleted it lol.

From what I remember, that's where his mother (and maybe sister(s)) lives. I think she's a teacher down there or something. Makes sense he'd want to get out of SF. Not many people seem to be friendly towards him and he never seemed to care much for the city and its expenses. He probably will have the same amount of output for a fraction of the cost. I don't watch his content, but I doubt he has guests rolling in like KF does, so moving away from the city to an affordable area is probably the right choice for him. Though, for someone like Colin, he sure picked a heck of a time to move to Virginia!

Last edited:

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Do you have a screenshot of Greg's tweet?

edit: found one!
Link to some guy's tweet

Good for Colin, though. I still listen to his PlayStation podcast and he seems to have fun doing that, but there is a sadness to him. His girlfriend has been going through a terrible time, and had a very traumatic experience recently, so I imagine a change of scenary was necessary for her.

Last edited:

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Do you have a screenshot of Greg's tweet?
EJH2NDOWkAIBY-z

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is he accidentally had the link copied and wasn't paying attention to what he posted. I've had that happen to me here (and the old place) before. Unlike Twitter, though, it was a simple edit. I do often wonder if Twitter should have an edit button.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
My guess is he accidentally had the link copied and wasn't paying attention to what he posted. I've had that happen to me here (and the old place) before. Unlike Twitter, though, it was a simple edit. I do often wonder if Twitter should have an edit button.
I dont understand why they dont have an edit button. Its annoying when you see you make a spelling mistake and have to delete the whole tweet just to fix it.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand why they dont have an edit button. Its annoying when you see you make a spelling mistake and have to delete the whole tweet just to fix it.
I mean, I'm of two minds about it. Yes, I'd like to edit mistakes I make. But I can see why the don't do edits. For instance, for "historical" reasons, the tweets (and typos) that, say, the President sends out are of record. If he can edit tweets and change he can pretend he never said what he said initially.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If they allow edits, it should show the previous tweet, otherwise, you'd get people changing viral tweets to something offensive for a laugh or something

Dec 15, 2017

I'm right there with you. The whole discussion also felt like Greg "not dismissing" criticisms of the game while totally dismissing criticisms

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Next week they will be reviewing The Last Jedi for Star Wars in Review (they're doing two episodes of The Mandalorian this week). After seeing their utter trashing of the prequels, Kevin and Nick by default almost have to rethink their great hatred of the movie. Then again, Nick and Kevin were the only ones to rank TFA as worse than the original trilogy. As of right now, my rankings of the movie are in line with them, but I have TLJ above RotJ. I don't know if Kevin and Nick will let that happen. They also still have to do R1 and Solo, as well as Rise of the Skywalker (can't use RotS anymore, I guess, as that counts for two movies!)
  1. Star Wars: Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope
  3. Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens
  4. Star Wars: Episode VIII- The Last Jedi
  5. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  6. Star Wars: Episode VI- Return of the Jedi
  7. Star Wars: Episode III- Revenge of the Sith
  8. Solo- A Star Wars Story
  9. Star Wars: Episode I- The Phantom Menace
  10. Star Wars: Episode II- Attack of the Clones
  11. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (It was a theatrical release, to be fair)

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it Rogue One next week?

Oh, right. It is.

Putting TFA above ROTJ is a travesty.

For me, it used to be my favorite, but over time it's dropped in my rankings. To me, it feels like a blend of OT and PT. The Endor stuff feels "prequel-y" with the ewoks, but the throne room stuff is top-tier OT. ROTJ is where GL the businessman seemed to overtake GL the storyteller. I've read enough interviews where the money became more important than the quality. Gary Kurtz (producer of ANH and TESB) did not return for ROTJ for that reason. There is an interview going around that shows discussions about Luke in ROTJ having his lightsaber and someone on the creative team mentioned that Luke lost his lightsaber in TESB. GL said it didn't matter. The worst that would happen would be angry people writing letters. Thankfully Lawrence Kasdan was there and said to make it green. Such a simple solution.

To bring ROTJ up to the level of ANH and TESB, I would get rid of the ewoks. Also, after years of agreeing with GL, I think Kasdan and Harrison Ford were ultimately right. Han needed to die. What I think should have happened, either by design or due to unfortunate malfunction, is that the shield generator required someone to be left behind to ensure destruction. Sure, nowadays that would be cliche, but it would've been a shocking moment. I could see Han's reasoning as being that's why he was rescued from Jabba, so he could be there at that moment (maybe saying something about it being the will of the Force). It would've added real stakes to that moment, as without that sacrifice, the Rebels above Endor would've been slaughtered and the Empire would've won.

Last edited:

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I felt like I was going mad listening to the PS1 section of this week's Gamescast... I know Tim likes Crash more than most people but he's absolutely right that it belongs on the list they were making. To suggest Crash isn't one of the games that defines PS1 is the same as saying Mario 64 doesn't define the N64. I genuinely couldn't believe when Imran was trying to arguing for Parappa over Crash... like that's just complete nonsense.

Also lol at Fran continuing to not understand when he's asked a very simple question "yeah but what does iconic mean?"

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I personally hate Crash games and never actually finished any until I got them all on Vita, but he's clearly an iconic character and the mascot of the company in the PS1 days. Hell the Simpsons even parodied the game at the height of their popularity in 97 or 98, so if a show with such a broad audience had faith it's viewers would understand the gag they were telling it shows he must have been pretty well known.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I felt like I was going mad listening to the PS1 section of this week's Gamescast... I know Tim likes Crash more than most people but he's absolutely right that it belongs on the list they were making. To suggest Crash isn't one of the games that defines PS1 is the same as saying Mario 64 doesn't define the N64. I genuinely couldn't believe when Imran was trying to arguing for Parappa over Crash... like that's just complete nonsense.

Also lol at Fran continuing to not understand when he's asked a very simple question "yeah but what does iconic mean?"
Yeah, I turned it off. It was annoying as fuck to listen to.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
What's the opinion of the quality of KFGD vs gamescast for everyone on here?

I recently started back up with KFGD and I can take it or leave it. Think I will listen to one or the other but not both. Curious how others feel. I havent listened to a gamescast in at least a year.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Whatever Colin became afterwards, that era of Beyond was so good... you can probably throw Goldfarb in there too. Like 2010-2013 Beyond was top-tier.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Nick in the first Manalorian in Review episode is so goddamn annoying....to the point where if he's in another episode I probably won't watch it.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Most of his feelings seemed pretty reasonable to me. He did veer off into a bit more questionable territory by the end but even certain points he had that I thought were initially questionable came around after he further elaborated (though "further elaborating" can be a double edged sword there because people would prolly rather just hear him talk less period lol)

Last edited:

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Most annoying thing about the Gamescast for me was the title. "Top most iconic" is surely simply the "Most iconic".

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nick in the first Manalorian in Review episode is so goddamn annoying....to the point where if he's in another episode I probably won't watch it.
I love Nick, but I can't help but feel he's so blinded by nostalgia for the original trilogy that literally nothing else can be right in his eyes at this point. He's that annoying Star Wars "purist".