• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
I hope he finishes it! Have a feeling he drops it as soon as he gets home.

I'm starting to think ImFran is the worst matchup.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Yes he did lmao. He had a whole segment on Gamescast about how he played for hours with Gen and said he was finally in on Pokemon. He never even made it past the first couple of gyms. I guarantee he doesn't finish the game.

I remember this as well... he made it seem like this was "one" to get him into it and then just suddenly stopped talking about it. No doubt the same will happen with SwSh.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Let's Go is the most accessible Pokemon title too. It's quite literally designed to usher in brand new players. If Greg couldn't get through that, he's not getting through the 20+ hours it takes to beat SWSH.

"Gen said it." So not Greg.

Checkmate.
No, Greg said it on the show. You really don't remember how he was gushing about how it was awesome to be catching all these Pokemon as he and Gen drank at different bars?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Let's Go is the most accessible Pokemon title too. It's quite literally designed to usher in brand new players. If Greg couldn't get through that, he's not getting through the 20+ hours it takes to beat SWSH.

No, Greg said it on the show. You really don't remember how he was gushing about how it was awesome to be catching all these Pokemon as he and Gen drank at different bars?

Alright lets be real. Greg was talking, but did he have any real excitement in his voice? Questionable.

This day he made a tweet. Did he make a tweet about it lets go hooking him outside of one of those ad tweets specifically telling people to click on a gamescast link? I think not.

I believe in my boy goat Greggy. He won't let me down ☠

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019

If I open my podcast app and read that they're the hosts, I don't listen. Even if there are topics I care about. I'm sure they're both great guys, but I don't enjoy them separately and I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy them together. Again, I'm not saying they're awful, they're just not my cup of tea.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
If you had told me a year ago that the combination of Imran and Fran would be poor, I never would have believed you.

I've said it before, but I'm beyond disappointed with Fran's presence on the Gamescast. You'd be lucky to find 5 minutes of insightful gaming discussion from him in every 4-5 shows.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Why are y'all still getting tricked into thinking the guys are going to finish more than a couple AAA games each year?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Catching up on some stuff.

"Luigi's Mansion 3 looks like a 3DS game in HD" is pretty much factually incorrect.

Sometimes the game takes feel like YouTube comments.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Who said that? That's a new low. The game is unquestionably a Top 3 Switch game in terms of visuals.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Not gonna lie this week's Kinda Funny Podcast might have been one of the most entertaining ones for me. Andy also a did a pretty good job on selling me on MHA after me attempting to avoid it for so long lol

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This Gamescast with the writer from US Gamer.

"Did the developers at Rockstar even know Shenmue existed when they were making GTA3?"

... yes. They did.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So much of the Luigi's Mansion talk continues to be strange. Tim saying he was surprised about the game's reviews being as good as they were because the game is $60...

What does that even mean?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Fair play Greg proved us wrong on that one and now I'm actually interested to hear what he thinks about it.

Also is the new Pokemon really 20 hours long? I remember those games taking me weeks to complete back in the day... maybe just because I was a dumb kid though.

So much of the Luigi's Mansion talk continues to be strange. Tim saying he was surprised about the game's reviews being as good as they were because the game is $60...

What does that even mean?

I'm around halfway through (I think) and it's definitely one of my games of the year so far.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Fair play Greg proved us wrong on that one and now I'm actually interested to hear what he thinks about it.

Also is the new Pokemon really 20 hours long? I remember those games taking me weeks to complete back in the day... maybe just because I was a dumb kid though.

I'm around halfway through (I think) and it's definitely one of my games of the year so far.
Removing wild encounters has made them significantly quicker to complete. Having said that, as an adult most Pokémon games take 20 hours max to complete.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
I think exp share shaves off a ton of hours too, I just finished at 31. There is some post game stuff. But most other Pokémons take me closer to 50/60.

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sword and Shield is definitely a bit shorter than most games in the series but like usual it'll vary significantly by how much you engage with things like the Wild Area, breeding, catching, raising new creatures, etc. Just sticking to a main team and plowing through never takes too long. I finished the main game at 28 and post-game at 30.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I like and dislike how Barret and Andy are so excited about MHA that they can't help but spoil shit for them lol.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Listening to the Gamescast about iconic PS1 games.

Fran not understanding the topic and asking things like, "Was Chrono Trigger on SNES first?" is making me want to hit my head against a wall.

I think I hate this.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Man...I really don't know how to feel about Kinda Funny right now. I feel like they've lost their intellectual conversation about video games and it just ends up in some factually wrong rambling. I'm watching this Top Most Iconic Playstation gamescast and this is...rough...

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Their content is excruciating right now, and the fact that it hasn't improved at all since Imran joined gives me zero hope it'll ever get better.

I should just give up on them, but after following Greg for nearly all of my adult life, I'm too loyal to let go.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Man...I really don't know how to feel about Kinda Funny right now. I feel like they've lost their intellectual conversation about video games and it just ends up in some factually wrong rambling. I'm watching this Top Most Iconic Playstation gamescast and this is...rough...

KF Is now a video game related *Entertainment Show* least that is how I view them, its less about having a deeper conversation about the industry like the Kotaku Podcast, and not a passion group made up of journalists/reviewers like Easy Allies, its a casual entertainment podcast of people talking about their daily lives, oh and they happen to have a gaming podcast and do hosting gigs.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
KF Is now a video game related *Entertainment Show* least that is how I view them, its less about having a deeper conversation about the industry like the Kotaku Podcast, and not a passion group made up of journalists/reviewers like Easy Allies, its a casual entertainment podcast of people talking about their daily lives, oh and they happen to have a gaming podcast and do hosting gigs.

Yeah, I know...I enjoy Kinda Funny but I do wish that it was *deeper*. That's why I do like Fran when he reviews games, and Imran for that matter. I may not agree with them but their insight is usually beyond surface level.

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
We are about a month away from 5.0, I imagine nothing changes till then. I disliked most of the 4.0 changes, but am hopeful they can right the ship.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it until 5.0, see what they're changing before I decide whether to unsub.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow's Star Wars in review is gonna be a bloodbath.

I love TLJ, btw (I have VII, IV, and V above it, with V being my favorite movie of all time).

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The guys are less than 40 Patrons away from hitting an all-time low on Kinda Funny Prime. When you combine that with KFG being at an all-time low and dropping every month it's no wonder they have Imran slinging condoms in the middle of podcasts for what feels like 15 minutes. I know they've gotta keep the lights on, but the amount of ads is getting ridiculous.

Any early predictions for what their January 4 revamp will bring? It's an easy prediction, but We Have Cool Friends will be cancelled for good. Absolutely nobody is paying attention to that show. Imagine how awful you'd feel going on that show as a guest, only to see that barely even 3,000 people wanted to watch it. Internet Explorerz will probably die too.

My extremely bold prediction is that they completely deemphasise Patreon. It'll be kept around, but they'll dramatically reduce the number of perks you get, particularly the stuff that causes them to put in work. The Patreon exclusive shirts will definitely be killed off. They're obviously going all out in trying to get as many legit sponsors as possible, so it wouldn't surprise me if they saw their falling Patreons as a lost cause and only keep them around as a small supplemental thing.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
The guys are less than 40 Patrons away from hitting an all-time low on Kinda Funny Prime. When you combine that with KFG being at an all-time low and dropping every month it's no wonder they have Imran slinging condoms in the middle of podcasts for what feels like 15 minutes. I know they've gotta keep the lights on, but the amount of ads is getting ridiculous.

Any early predictions for what their January 4 revamp will bring? It's an easy prediction, but We Have Cool Friends will be cancelled for good. Absolutely nobody is paying attention to that show. Imagine how awful you'd feel going on that show as a guest, only to see that barely even 3,000 people wanted to watch it. Internet Explorerz will probably die too.

My extremely bold prediction is that they completely deemphasise Patreon. It'll be kept around, but they'll dramatically reduce the number of perks you get, particularly the stuff that causes them to put in work. The Patreon exclusive shirts will definitely be killed off. They're obviously going all out in trying to get as many legit sponsors as possible, so it wouldn't surprise me if they saw their falling Patreons as a lost cause and only keep them around as a small supplemental thing.

I just don't see it that KF is struggling... they've been supporting 8 people + part-timers all living in SF so they can't be doing that badly, regardless of Patreon. A lot of it is the ad money, but also all the events and things like the BL Show all add up I imagine. I don't really begrudge them the ads because every podcast does it and it's not like it's difficult to skip through. I can't imagine why anyone would just sit through all the ads.

For 5.0, I can't really see them de-emphasising Patreon given the big push last year was rearranging everything into new tiers. If anything I could see them adding an extra tier. I'd say they'll reshuffle the KF daily shows, maybe cancel a couple and bring something new in, and do something about In Review cause at the moment it's a bit of a mess (there's like two episodes a week now? And they're all Star Wars?)

The main thing they need to fix is Gamescast because it's been so stale this year. It's been better recently but they need to decide what they actually want it to be; is it a review show? Is it just "what we've been playing"? Or will there be a topic of the week every week? Also if that includes bringing in a new host then so be it. I'd love them to give Barrett a shot at it.