• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Greg is actually tamed down some from his days of playing hilariously bad games back to back to back to get 30 platinums in a weekend lol

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm listening to the podcast and I'm glad to hear Imran has turned around on how LM3 looks.

Tim's thoughts on the game are so strange. It doesn't lack the Nintendo polish? What.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
So last week I suggested to the KF crew that they do a FantasyCritic league and Blessing responded with the eyes emoji. And now here we are. You're welcome. (I suspect this was already a thing they had planned because Blessing seems to have already made an Ok Beast league. I don't actually believe I did anything.)

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So last week I suggested to the KF crew that they do a FantasyCritic league and Blessing responded with the eyes emoji. And now here we are. You're welcome. (I suspect this was already a thing they had planned because Blessing seems to have already made an Ok Beast league. I don't actually believe I did anything.)
Are they doing one? I missed what show it's on.

Deleted member 179

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Nice! Me and some friends played last year and it was fun to check up on every now and then so should be cool to follow.
Same. Got into it through EZA. Played with friends from the old IGN blog community last year. Just started season 2 with them. Made sure not to make silly picks like Anthem this year.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Can't watch the stream but I bet Tim is so disappointed with that Smash announcement... did anyone need another FE character?

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Felt like during KFGD Fran and Greg completely blew off the idea that Cyberpunk being delayed will result in way more crunch for the devs working on the game. They actually sort of spoke like it was a good thing? Aren't CD PROJEKT RED known for their insane working conditions?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Felt like during KFGD Fran and Greg completely blew off the idea that Cyberpunk being delayed will result in way more crunch for the devs working on the game. They actually sort of spoke like it was a good thing? Aren't CD PROJEKT RED known for their insane working conditions?
Yeah, sadly delays just mean more months of crunch, not less :(

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Fire Emblem Three Houses is a great game.

Unfortunately only Imran really played it at KF so none of them can appreciate the new character.

I lol'd when that question came in saying it's "tone-deaf". Talk about entitlement.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Fire Emblem Three Houses is a great game.

Unfortunately only Imran really played it at KF so none of them can appreciate the new character.

I lol'd when that question came in saying it's "tone-deaf". Talk about entitlement.

I mean I haven't played TH either and I'm sure it's a great game (it's on my list) but it's pretty obvious that Smash didn't need another anime guy with a sword. In that regard it was sort of a tone-deaf announcement. Plus they've set a precedent with things like Joker and Banjo, so people now expect something exciting every time (rightly or wrongly) and another character from an already over-represented franchise was never going to meet that.

My personal theory is that they didn't need to waste an exciting character on this reveal when they need to sell the second pass fairly soon. May as well save all the good characters for that reveal.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Just because FE is not popular in the West, doesn't mean it's a "tone-deaf" announcement. Also, they made a point to address Byleth as more than a sword user.

For people that have not played Three Houses, they will dismiss it as "another FE character".

While people who played Three Houses know that it was one of the best games of 2019 and they are happy the music, environment and characters from that game made it into Smash.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'd agree it comes off as tone def with the way they hyped it up. Not sure why they thought all that was necassary.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
For those who just want a list of their top 10 films and don't want to listen to all of Screencast, here it is. Spoiler tagged it for those who are planning to watch/listen.

Joey:

10. Booksmart
9. John Wick 3
8. Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
7. Uncut Gems
6. Jojo Rabbit
5. The Farewell
4. Peanutbutter Falcon
3. Parasite
2. Little Women
1. Avengers: Endgame

Kevin:
10. The Farewell
9. Marriage Story
8. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
7. Knives Out
6. Booksmart
5. Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
4. Avengers: Endgame
3. Jojo Rabbit
2. Peanutbutter Falcon
1. Uncut Gems

Nick:
10. John Wick 3
9. Ford v. Ferrari
8. The Dirt
7. Dolemite Is My Name
6. The Art of Self Defence
5. The Farewell
4. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3. Booksmart
2. Uncut Gems
1. Avengers: Endgame

Going by their Game of the Year format Avengers: Endgame is their Best Picture for 2019. FUCKING LMAO

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's not controversial for Kinda Funny. It would be controversial for literally any other outlet.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just because FE is not popular in the West, doesn't mean it's a "tone-deaf" announcement. Also, they made a point to address Byleth as more than a sword user.

For people that have not played Three Houses, they will dismiss it as "another FE character".

While people who played Three Houses know that it was one of the best games of 2019 and they are happy the music, environment and characters from that game made it into Smash.
Fire Emblem is plenty popular here nowadays. 3 Houses was a big deal this year. People are mad mostly because they expected a third party character based on the rest of the DLC fighters.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Do people really take KF's film opinions seriously? They just sound like total laymen on the subject and get basic information wrong about cast/crew constantly when talking about movies.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I'm glad they're getting more interesting people onto We Have Cool Friends. The episode was Brian last week was hilarious and this will probably be too.

A show like that lives or dies on the guests and the first run of episodes were basically all "who is this?", so hopefully it can be better this year.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
"more interesting" because IGN people we've already seen them interact with many times is "more interesting" smh

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Who cares? Endgame would be at the top of the list for many "regular people" if you asked them what their favorite film from 2019 was.

Your "FUCKING LMAO" is pretentious.
Oh come the fuck on, don't act like if this was the gaming side of things you wouldn't have flipped your shit and made fun of them if Fortnite or any Greg's GAAS favourites had won GOTY in their respective years.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oh come the fuck on, don't act like if this was the gaming side of things you wouldn't have flipped your shit and made fun of them if Fortnite or any Greg's GAAS favourites had won GOTY in their respective years.

... I wouldn't have.

This is a group of friends talking about their favorite movies. It's not a prestigious award. Endgame is in my top 3 movies for 2019 too because it was one of the movies I enjoyed the most in 2019.

Not that difficult to understand.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
... I wouldn't have.

This is a group of friends talking about their favorite movies. It's not a prestigious award. Endgame is in my top 3 movies for 2019 too because it was one of the movies I enjoyed the most in 2019.

Not that difficult to understand.

Yeah Endgame would reach my top 3 easily too.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Yeah Endgame would reach my top 3 easily too.
Endgames is tied for my number one with lighthouse and 1917 it's just to good of a ending that's so hype yet so heartbreaking. Also seeing how shit an ending GoT and Star Wars had made me appreciate the ending more so I don't see this as a bad thing at all. You acting like endgame can't be people's number one is the crazy thing!

Also the more controversial Ranking is star wars 9 on two of there list 🤮🤮🤮 what a terrible movie

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
It took me awhile to grasp the Monty Hall Problem but I got there.

Endgame was my 2019 movie of the year. It successfully wrapped up a 22-film story. It's my generation's Star Wars moment. It's funny to me that this is seen as controversial to anyone.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
tbh, we may as well avoid their movie opinions in this thread, since they're only ever posted to shit on

and yes, im aware they have some....different movie opinions compared to the norm