• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the Fire Emblem Smash video, and maybe an issue outside of the initial disappointment is the KF guys are so general gamers that they don't need to react to every video. Tim and Blessing checked out pretty quickly into the video and didn't really have much input, mostly complaining about the fire emblem characters being the same but it ignoring how Byleth plays

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I watched the Fire Emblem Smash video, and maybe an issue outside of the initial disappointment is the KF guys are so general gamers that they don't need to react to every video. Tim and Blessing checked out pretty quickly into the video and didn't really have much input, mostly complaining about the fire emblem characters being the same but it ignoring how Byleth plays

Oh yeah they're reaction videos are all just about hype and no substance. The worst was when Tim "accidentally" spilt that water on Andy's laptop when Joker was announced for smash, despite never playing a Persona game before...

To be fair, you do tend to get a bit more substance on Gamescast these days.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah they're reaction videos are all just about hype and no substance. The worst was when Tim "accidentally" spilt that water on Andy's laptop when Joker was announced for smash, despite never playing a Persona game before...

To be fair, you do tend to get a bit more substance on Gamescast these days.

On one hand I don't blame them, with the sheer amount of games out now it's hard to be a general purpose website or channel these days. Especially when your covering the news.

The major issue is when most of the people there all have similar tastes, or get disappointed when a company doesn't move the way they want,

Nintendo is a good example becuase a lot of Nintendo fans only like the very core Nintendo stuff and the company has branched our beyond that so much with stuff like JRPGs and whatnot.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
If only the biggest Nintendo fans at KF actually played the biggest Nintendo game of 2019, they probably would have more to say during that Smash video.

Should have let Imran do the reaction.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Psst! The league is right here for those who want to follow their season once they start it on this week's PSILY. Publisher name spoilers and rule spoilers if you choose to look.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Wait, they're really going with the whole resetting the numbering for Gamescast thing? I though that was just a joke for the first 2020 episode lol

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I really can't emphasize enough how quality all of Blessing's content/impressions are. He's something special. Glad Greg identified that and hired him. He will probably need some more responsibility soon

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: Are they gonna do PSILY live and can be watched on Twitch or is it only accessible for Patrons`? I'm bronze

Patrons. It's like the live recordings of KFGC and KFP. They're unlisted YouTube streams. With having today off, I was able to watch KFGD live for the first time in forever. However, I still need to wait for the Patron YouTube post to be able to watch the post-show stuff.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I really can't emphasize enough how quality all of Blessing's content/impressions are. He's something special. Glad Greg identified that and hired him. He will probably need some more responsibility soon

Seconded. Maybe the best hire they've made so far, alongside Andy. Certainly the most needed; the impact on gaming content has been so huge even in the first couple of weeks.

And it seems like it's given Greg a new spark too (not that he really needed it). I think he's enjoying having a full-time gaming side person there with him.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Seconded. Maybe the best hire they've made so far, alongside Andy. Certainly the most needed; the impact on gaming content has been so huge even in the first couple of weeks.

And it seems like it's given Greg a new spark too (not that he really needed it). I think he's enjoying having a full-time gaming side person there with him.
It makes him better. He's asking better questions, he's engaging more. In the past several months, it's felt like he's been leaning too heavily on in-jokes.

greg is the best interviewer in the business. Hands down. I think blessing can get him to hone his skills once more

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a young guy so I don't want to be too harsh but the co-host today on KFGD was clearly out of his depth.

Also, I've checked the subreddit today and he guy appears to have a shady past.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Oh wow they really fucked up there... it looks like the episode hasn't been uploaded anywhere yet so maybe they're just going to scrub it? Probably for the best.

Maybe they should have some sort of vetting process in future.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Greg's comment regarding today's KFGD:
Hey, y'all!

I want to use my platform to elevate younger voices and smaller voices from different sites, but the inherent problem there is that I don't know them from Adam.

When I meet someone in our industry, I simply go off of if they know what they're talking about and if they'd be good on camera. It's served me well until this moment, as I knew of none of this before finishing KFGD today.

Obviously, I condemn lying and anyone who uses it to get ahead in our industry. I'll be more vigilant moving forward with guests.

I watched it live, as I had the day off. I had planned on going back to the YouTube version to watch the Patron exclusive post-show stuff, but if this becomes a "lost" episode, that won't be possible. I wonder if they'll bring it up at all on PS I Love You XOXO.

Edit- Episode is up on YouTube.

So bronze can still watch it when it's live?
You need to be at Silver at $10 (this is just for a single Patreon). Gold gets you both Patreons for $25. While you could subscribe to Silver on both for a total of $20, the Gold gets you a Gold level exclusive single GameOverGreggy Show topic (a throw back to the old show) and, if I'm not mistaken, the PS I Love You XOXO (and post-show) live recording.

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll vet future guests, it ain't a big deal and I hope it doesn't affect their approach toward younger voices and up and comers.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Could someone explain what the issue was with today's co-host? I'm seeing people talking about lying and stuff but no one is explaining what his history is.

Haven't watched the episode yet myself.

Edit: Found a few tweets. Definitely sketchy.

Last edited:

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Watched KFGD which I only occasionally do. Just saw the stuff about todays co-host. Wow at how sketchy that guy is. I know Greg wants to get lesser known names a spotlight but they need to do a better job vetting those types of guests.

Last edited:

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Oof, so earlier today Greg was still following him on Twitter, now he isn't

kinda sucks since you don't see many South Asian/Indian POCs in games media, shame that he has such a checkered past

edit: nvm looks like still following each other

Last edited:

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the show he was talking about how he was meeting his hero and everything. Fast forward a few hours and things sure have flipped a bit. I feel kinda bad for him.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Seems like this definitely falls more in the "genuine error" camp than anything more malicious, but it is surprising they haven't made any sort of statement about it other than the Reddit post. There's nothing about it on the YouTube upload or anything. Maybe Greg will address it on today's episode?

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know it being more than a genuine error was in the question.

He tweeted about it too. Surely he'll mention it on the next KFGD as well.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I didn't care for KFGD prior to 4.0. It's a great listen with Blessing and Imran though. I wish it was them every day.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Popping into say that Blessing has been FANTASTIC! I was honestly skeptical when they announced it because he seemed like such an unknown quantity, but props to KF for giving him a shot because he has been such an incredible addition to the crew. I get the sense that between him, the new Gamescast format, PSILY and First Impressions KFG is revitalized, which is awesome.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blessing is great and I have been enjoying Kinda Funny quite a bit these past few weeks.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta give a shoutout to Blessing, I didn't think I'd be listening weekly for the first time in months but here I am.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I think the 104 Games thing is such a great idea and I'm really glad they're not using it just to shit on bad games, which they could really easily do. I appreciate that it seems to be about digging out genuinely good games that no one else is talking about.

I do wonder if they'll manage to keep up with the segment when we get into the busy period though.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I know people love Gary but between asking why anyone would need an optical port and acting like Sony doesn't have exclusive games so it's weird to be more excited for PS5 than XSX was a rough listen.