• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oh, yeah. The thumbnails are bad. I would think they hate doing it anyway and dropping it would save them some time.

And I mean, does it even help? I honestly think it actively pushes some people away.

JUuLejy.png
XItoHsS.png

nbMJj2X.png
f3bOyuY.png

la2JzZH.png
RyK2b1B.png

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most of them are weird, but that Blessing Super Saiyan one makes me laugh.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Tim's face in the Smash Bros one is just... what is he even going for? And why would that make anyone want to click on the video?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am extremely excited! I actually think Whitta and SnowBike Mike will complement each other really well.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this week's PS ILY, I hope that PS5 UI is fake. I hated the PS4 one and this looks so similar.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Tim's Mario Kart argument is so bad on KFGD today. Blessing was bringing logic and Tim's argument was basically, "Well I've been playing MK8 for a long time so why not do a sequel on Switch?"

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Tim's Mario Kart argument is so bad on KFGD today. Blessing was bringing logic and Tim's argument was basically, "Well I've been playing MK8 for a long time so why not do a sequel on Switch?"
He's not wrong though. People always like to use logic when it comes to Nintendo but sometimes there is none.

I remember clearly that when Mario Bros U switch was announced Gamexplain, IGN, EZA ect saw that a sign a new Mario Maker wouldn't come out anytime soon.

And now it is suddenly completely logical Mario Maker 2 arrived only a couple of months later.

I know a lot of people who skipped out on MK8 Switch because of the Wii U version. They would love a new game

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
He's not wrong though. People always like to use logic when it comes to Nintendo but sometimes there is none.

He's definitely wrong. There's no chance of a new Mario Kart game this year.

I remember clearly that when Mario Bros U switch was announced Gamexplain, IGN, EZA ect saw that a sign a new Mario Maker wouldn't come out anytime soon.

And now it is suddenly completely logical Mario Maker 2 arrived only a couple of months later.

No, thinking those two were related wasn't logic though. While there is obviously crossover, a port of NSMBU and Mario Maker have different audiences as a whole.

Putting out Mario Kart 9 when Mario Kart 8 will still be going as strong as it currently is makes zero sense from a pure business perspective. There is no chance at all that it happens this year. That's not even counting the fact that the person sourced is actually a liar and Tim was crediting him as being a trustworthy leaker.

I know a lot of people who skipped out on MK8 Switch because of the Wii U version. They would love a new game

Not a relevant factor. The current sales are all that matters. The people you "know" are a minority in the overall outlook.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
We will see, I'm not saying there will be a new Mario kart but I'm getting tired of people claiming to be Nintendo experts.

Nintendo always does things people don't expect.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh Blessing.... Ohhhhhh Blessing.

Welcome to the drug of Souls games. I'm sure you've already figured it out but that moment when you can read a boss' every move and counter accordingly, leading to your first victory is some of the most rewarding shit in games.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Greg having a flimsy reason for why a PS event won't happen in February, and then probably being correct kills me.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
It feels so good having PSILY back. I love hearing Greg discuss PlayStation and Blessing has more than held his own. He deserves major props for actively trying to fill his PlayStation knowledge gaps having dived into games like Bloodborne and Death Stranding since he started.

I'm also a big fan of the PSN game ranking segment. Fun way to highlight potential gems.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Fran going back and forth between fully understanding what makes a game iconic (in defense of Mario Sunshine) and not remotely understanding (his Soulcalibur 2/Eternal Darkness arguments) is interesting to watch.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Only halfway through the episode but all I'm saying is Chrono Trigger is an infinitely better and more iconic game than Final Fantasy VI.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
The Switch is definitely a home console that can be made portable, so that's weird. There's no defending putting the Wii U behind a paywall.

I think they moved Switch more because of timing, otherwise the console episode would be too long. This way they're more balanced out.

I don't think it was really a reflection on if the Switch is a console or a handheld.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think they moved Switch more because of timing, otherwise the console episode would be too long. This way they're more balanced out.

I don't think it was really a reflection on if the Switch is a console or a handheld.

Also because it makes an easy 25/25 split for consoles and portables.

NES->SNES->N64->GCN->Wii
GB(C)->GBA->NDS->3DS->NSW

ghornett

Nov 16, 2017
Wii U post show lmaoooo. I couldn't get through NES portion. These episodes are awful imo. Not sure why Tim even has guests since this is really just 'Tim's Top Most Iconic whatever the fuck'. Dude just steamrolls his opinions over everyone else.

edit: don't worry yall Greg thanked a redditor for their feedback.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Relegating the Wii U where it belongs....The trash

giphy.gif

Nah. Wii U had a good lineup of exclusives, despite the console itself being a failure. And there's a good discussion to be had about its games.

Relegating the advertised topic of the show to the post-show is just bad.

Not sure why Tim even has guests since this is really just 'Tim's Top Most Iconic whatever the fuck'. Dude just steamrolls his opinions over everyone else.

Huh? He hasn't been doing that. Do you have examples of this, as you're acting as if he does it the entire time