• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty funny. I was in the next gen thread and there was a link to a fan-made PS5 UI concept (incredibly slick). The guy, it appears, is a Kinda Funny fan.

www.behance.net

PlayStation UI | UX Redesign

This project was created to explore what the next generation of the PlayStation User Interface could look like. I wanted to challenge myself, to push myself and to really begin to dive deeper UI design that drives the gaming medium. PlayStation brings…

You need to scroll down to the Last of Us Part II Platinum Run section. It's a mock-up of what it could look like if Greg was streaming TLOU2. The comments are what are the funniest. There's one where Kevin's trolling Greg.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I9Sym6z.gif

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Hows the situation with the Gaming Side PS ILY, Kinda Funny Games I have been out of the loop and unsubscribed to them for a few months now and wondering if its better now.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care for the iconic episodes but the new general direction of gamescast is good. Blessing has been good on kfgd

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's hard to tell if Gamescast has improved because the past episodes have all been focused on this one "iconic" gimmick. Once they run through these we'll get a better idea of where it's heading IMO.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Glad to see that Tim acknowledged how poor it was to put the Wii U stuff in the post-show last week. (Though now they should post it on YouTube as a separate video.)

Regarding the new Gamescast, they're definitely confused about the Donkey Kong games on Game Boy/Game Boy Color. There is a Donkey Kong Country port on Game Boy Color that came out at the end of the GBC's life so that might be what Blessing and Tim were thinking of.

But they skipped over the Donkey Kong Land series, which isn't incredible but they're all solid games. Land 2 and Land 3 take the level themes and music from Country 2 and Country 3 on SNES but the level layouts are brand new. (Though because it shares the themes and music, they look and sound inferior.)

The original Donkey Kong Land is almost completely original though, with unique level themes and its own soundtrack which has a lot of cool tracks.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The GBA conversation was strange. Part of that is because I don't think GBA has many "iconic" games. It's likely the "worst" Nintendo handheld for first party titles, without even getting an original Mario game.

They also left out some noteworthy third party titles like Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Battle Network and Sonic Advance in the discussion.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't know too much about Sam but he's sure got some takes.

"Star Fox Command was the only good Star Fox after the original." (wat)

"Mario Kart was a console series until it hit Switch." (Ridiculously wrong. DS is the second best selling game in the series behind Wii. MK7 on 3DS is the third best selling game in the series.)

"People don't think of Minish Cap because it released so close to the Oracle games." (They were 3 1/2 years apart.)

Edit: But he did throw out StreetPass games for the 3DS which is absolutely valid. Find Mii specifically is so much fun and iconic for the console. I miss that kind of stuff on Switch.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Gary Whitta is a treasure. I could easily see him killing it as a late-night talk show host or in a Daily Show type of role.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tim is going to be disappointed if he thinks there's not going to be remasters.

Capcom not able to rerelease Resident Evil 4? Bethesda can't rerelease Skyrim?

Neva

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The "yuck" was clearly referencing the idea of it being anywhere near the top 5 ICONIC DS games. You being shocked that I said yuck and then bringing up the quality of the game is bizarre and comes across as you not at all understanding what they were ranking the games based on.

It was the almost instant dismissal of games like Monster Hunter 4U and Bravely Default for 3DS that threw me off, especially the former. By the standards used to dismiss MH4U(that the series is associated on another platform) the Castlevania games should have been dismissed.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It was the almost instant dismissal of games like Monster Hunter 4U and Bravely Default for 3DS that threw me off, especially the former. By the standards used to dismiss MH4U(that the series is associated on another platform) the Castlevania games should have been dismissed.
I think the handheld discussion was my least favourite of all of the ones they've done. My eyes damn near rolled out of my head when they started arguing that some of the consoles shouldn't have a Pokemon game in the top 5. Pokemon is Nintendo handheld gaming to most people around the world. Millions of people specifically buy these consoles and only play Pokemon games.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the handheld discussion was my least favourite of all of the ones they've done. My eyes damn near rolled out of my head when they started arguing that some of the consoles shouldn't have a Pokemon game in the top 5. Pokemon is Nintendo handheld gaming to most people around the world. Millions of people specifically buy these consoles and only play Pokemon games.

Yup, related to that when Imran was stanning for Black/White he should brought up the fact that N is one of the most popular & ICONIC Pokémon characters.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah the handheld discussion wasn't great... like the DS was so straightforward: Pokemon, NSMB, Mario Katy, Nintendo's, Brain Training. Everything else is secondary on that system. And somehow they messed that up.

I guess that's what happens when you have clear rules at the top of the show but then it slowly devolves into everyone just naming their favourite games (Castlevania on GBA? Really?)

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yup, related to that when Imran was stanning for Black/White he should brought up the fact that N is one of the most popular & ICONIC Pokémon characters.
Any of Black/White, HeartGold/SoulSilver, and Platinum are no-brainers for the DS list. Black and White is iconic for being the only Pokemon game with an actually good story and was extremely notable for only using new Pokemon. HeartGold and SoulSilver are still beloved for being some of the best remakes of all time, and Platinum is arguably the Pokemon game that is most circlejerked by the Pokemon community at this point in time.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The "yuck" was clearly referencing the idea of it being anywhere near the top 5 ICONIC DS games. You being shocked that I said yuck and then bringing up the quality of the game is bizarre and comes across as you not at all understanding what they were ranking the games based on.

... "Yuck" is a very strange word to use if you're not specifically referring to the quality of the game.

"Yuck" is not a word anyone would use to describe "a great game but it shouldn't be in the top 5" lol

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
... "Yuck" is a very strange word to use if you're not specifically referring to the quality of the game.

"Yuck" is not a word anyone would use to describe "a great game but it shouldn't be in the top 5" lol
What? "Yuck" is quite clearly referring to their very yuck opinion of having Elite Beat Agents as a TOP 5 MOST ICONIC DS GAME when there are so many games that should clearly be ahead of it. I'm not describing the game, dude. Why would I even be talking about the actual quality of the game? They clearly stated about 1000 times that actually being a good game is irrelevant to the list.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What? "Yuck" is quite clearly referring to their very yuck opinion of having Elite Beat Agents as a TOP 5 MOST ICONIC DS GAME when there are so many games that should clearly be ahead of it. I'm not describing the game, dude. Why would I even be talking about the actual quality of the game? They clearly stated about 1000 times that actually being a good game is irrelevant to the list.

... Oh my.

Never mind.