• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
https://king.com/sv/jobs/level-designer-call-of-duty-1119?breadcrumbs=/sv/jobs&location=stockholm

In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty.

The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my, what a combination. I'm very intrigued to see it in action...

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
I know they're part of Activision Blizzard, but that's still weird to read. Pretty much everything about King is all cute and bright and now they're working on a mobile Call of Duty?

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I know they're part of Activision Blizzard, but that's still weird to read. Pretty much everything about King is all cute and bright and now they're working on a mobile Call of Duty?
The meat and bones of a mobile studio are its designers, user acquisition strategists, and product managers.
Everyone else is interchangeable.

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
The meat and bones of a mobile studio are its designers, user acquisition strategists, and product managers.
Everyone else is interchangeable.

True, but it's not very on-brand, although it's nice to see them branch out. When people think King they don't think gritty military battle royales, they think of Candy Crush or similar games.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought this was a satire thread holy crap.
I wonder how this game will turn out