• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get into the survey link. Surprised to see 20k watching the stream. Hopefully that means the player base is pretty healthy.

Oct 26, 2017
After watching that stream, I must try and obtain KOF XIV Geese during the Tekken event. He'll be an ideal leader for a red team.

Oct 26, 2017
Got mine in too.

Even more than K' with his 50% atk for all red units?

Still going to get him as well, and hopefully we don't have to wait too long for his banner to go live.

K's leader skill is better for pure damage, but XIV Geese's leader skill is +35% attack power, +15% HP and +15% power charge rate. He's just as good as Omega Rugal is, in that regard.

If you missed out on K' and Omega Rugal, XIV Geese will be another good addition for a red team until characters like Vanessa finally show up, I'd say.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm start playing this any tips? Also how far ahead is JP to Global?
The Japanese version is a little over a year old, and the Global version came out at the end of Oct, but they've been fast tracking a bunch of stuff for the Global version so it's a bit hard to say how "behind" we are.

My biggest tip would be to reroll for Zero (Original) and/or Orochi Iori. They are the two strongest characters in the game right now, and are still relevant in the Japanese version. You need to complete the first chapter of the story before you can start rolling for them, so work out a strategy for quickly getting through it. (Many people will suggest using something you get at the beginning called a Fighter Selector ticket, which lets you choose a free 5* character from the common pool. If you're gonna do so, my personal recommendation is Shermie '97, as she makes the first chapter really easy.)

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
The Japanese version is a little over a year old, and the Global version came out at the end of Oct, but they've been fast tracking a bunch of stuff for the Global version so it's a bit hard to say how "behind" we are.

My biggest tip would be to reroll for Zero (Original) and/or Orochi Iori. They are the two strongest characters in the game right now, and are still relevant in the Japanese version. You need to complete the first chapter of the story before you can start rolling for them, so work out a strategy for quickly getting through it. (Many people will suggest using something you get at the beginning called a Fighter Selector ticket, which lets you choose a free 5* character from the common pool. If you're gonna do so, my personal recommendation is Shermie '97, as she makes the first chapter really easy.)

Thank you

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Orochi Iori is so much better than anyone so far it not even close. One thing good about this game is that you can try all characters with time attack so you can see whose good and whose not.

He

Moves fast
Has good dash
Quick normals
Build meter fast
Good special skill with recharge all specials after a super
Don't rely on stun which is useless endgame
Good leader skill
Fast projectile for rush down
Move that increase damage

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Caved and tried for Original Zero. Didn't get him, but managed to score something like 6+ 5* characters I was short, so I'm very happy in that regard (plus a few "not so rare" characters along the way). So, didn't get who I exactly wanted, but got plenty of other rare characters I did want.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Damn Geese looks baller. 26th for Tekken is cool. Going to try to stick with the freebies but who knows if I'll get the itch. I'm trying to put together a FES fund

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
"crystal special card"

yDwsiFk.jpg

What is this? It says I can use it to craft the arena boss card? But where do I use them?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the big winners in the Tekken collab will be T7 Jin, Kazuya, and Geese. Also Paul is good for people who don't have O.Iori, in terms of good leader skills.

"crystal special card"

yDwsiFk.jpg

What is this? It says I can use it to craft the arena boss card? But where do I use them?

You use that to craft Geese's special card in the "Craft" menu. So far, you can only use them to craft Geese's special card (also need Geese tokens).

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently the big winners in the Tekken collab will be T7 Jin, Kazuya, and Geese. Also Paul is good for people who don't have O.Iori, in terms of good leader skills.

You use that to craft Geese's special card in the "Craft" menu. So far, you can only use them to craft Geese's special card (also need Geese tokens).
Oh ok thanks

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so my only other gatcha that I invested time in is Captain Tsubasa, so I may not have a broad foundation to reference. Still, I have to call major BS on the rarity of getting Orochi characters from their banner. I fucking spent every damn ruby from my entire story mode run, including hard / extreme run for 94 and 95, plus all other bonus rubies acquired elsewhere. That's countless pulls without getting the advertised characters. This is insane. Why the fuck even bother if this is what the game considers strong odds?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Ok, so my only other gatcha that I invested time in is Captain Tsubasa, so I may not have a broad foundation to reference. Still, I have to call major BS on the rarity of getting Orochi characters from their banner. I fucking spent every damn ruby from my entire story mode run, including hard / extreme run for 94 and 95, plus all other bonus rubies acquired elsewhere. That's countless pulls without getting the advertised characters. This is insane. Why the fuck even bother if this is what the game considers strong odds?

Anecdotally, this game has the worst rates outof any gacha game I played. Advertised numbers seem par for the course, but in practise, this game has been the worst.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Sure fgo has a 1% 5* chance but with on banner rate of 0.7% and off banner rate of 0.016%. Yet kof all stars has around a 6% 5* chance but only a 0.3% of an on banner rate with a 0.129% off banner.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For general pulls, you have a way better chance of a 5* with KOF with its 6% compared to FGO's 1%. However, if you're comparing rate ups banners of both games, it depends on which rate up your doing in KOF.

1. The rate up for FES characters has a worse percentage to get what you want compared to rate up in FGO. Rate up to get 2001 Zero (Original), for example, has an overall chance of 6%, but to get him it's only 0.3%. The direct comparison to FGO is single character rate ups, which give you a an overal 1% chance, but a 0.7% chance to get the rate up character. Of course, these are single character rate ups, which the Orochi Iori and Leona banners weren't, so take the above percentages and half them for what it took to get what you wanted from their banner. FGO at least gives you days where percentages to get what you want were higher than the other featured characters on shared banners. KOF doesn't.

2. Non-FES characters are way more fair. The rate up for the 97 Starving Wolves banner with Mai, Mary, and Terry is an overall 5% chance, with 1.6% chance at each specific character. This is better than any rate up in FGO. The reason its so much better than the FES unit banners is due to it not including the rest of the 5*s in their banner. Mai, Mary, and Terry are the only 5*s in their banner, while you can get spooked by the rest of 5* library in FES pulls.

3. Step Up banners in KOF give you a 5% chance at a 5* and a 1.5% chance at each character you want. The general 5* library is included in these banners as well.

4. The thing that KOF also has over FGO is that you get Fighter Selector Tickets to just pick what character you want after dumping enough in-game currency into whatever banner you're summoning. So, unlike FGO where if you're truly unlucky you could never get the unit you want, in KOF you are guaranteed to get the unit you want after a certain amount of pulling. Sadly, the amount is a lot depending on what banner. 30 x10 pulls at 900 rubies per pull (27,000 rubies total) for general banner and FES banner, and 10 x10 pulls at 900 per pull for special banners like the the Starving Wolves one (9000 rubies total). The Step up banner has you only summon 6 times before you can just pick what character you want, with 2/3rds of the pulls being half off (4,000 rubies total).

5. Unlike FGO though, you need to do a separate banner to complete your character by getting their super move battle card. For FES characters, it's a 10% total chance to get a 5* battle card (special, set, or option), but with a 0.9% chance to get what you want. Special banners like the Starving Wolves one gives you 10% at a 5* battle card, but only 0.6% at what you want. Step up lets you pick your special card after 3 pulls (2000 rubies). Both FES and special banners let you pick your battle card after 15 x10 pulls at 600 rubies a pull (9,000 rubies). The normal battle card banner lets you pick what you want after 30 x10 pulls at 600 rubies per pull (18,000 rubies).

TL;DR: KOF has the worse percentage to get what you want if you're only going after FES characters. If you are just going for a 5* or do the normal, special, or STEP UP banners, the percentages to get what you want are WAY better than FGO. KOF also give you a guaranteed chance to get what you want after a certain amount of pulling due to the selector tickets. Unlike FGO, you do need to do a separate banner to "complete" your character via special cards, but it has better percentages than the character banners, and STEP UP banners include said special cards.

Ultimately, both are worse than Fire Emblem Heroes in terms of generosity, but screw that game. Only gacha I willingly dropped due to how the PVP and meta works.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
For general pulls, you have a way better chance of a 5* with KOF with its 6% compared to FGO's 1%. However, if you're comparing rate ups banners of both games, it depends on which rate up your doing in KOF.

1. The rate up for FES characters has a worse percentage to get what you want compared to rate up in FGO. Rate up to get 2001 Zero (Original), for example, has an overall chance of 6%, but to get him it's only 0.3%. The direct comparison to FGO is single character rate ups, which give you a an overal 1% chance, but a 0.7% chance to get the rate up character. Of course, these are single character rate ups, which the Orochi Iori and Leona banners weren't, so take the above percentages and half them for what it took to get what you wanted from their banner. FGO at least gives you days where percentages to get what you want were higher than the other featured characters on shared banners. KOF doesn't.

2. Non-FES characters are way more fair. The rate up for the 97 Starving Wolves banner with Mai, Mary, and Terry is an overall 5% chance, with 1.6% chance at each specific character. This is better than any rate up in FGO. The reason its so much better than the FES unit banners is due to it not including the rest of the 5*s in their banner. Mai, Mary, and Terry are the only 5*s in their banner, while you can get spooked by the rest of 5* library in FES pulls.

3. Step Up banners in KOF give you a 5% chance at a 5* and a 1.5% chance at each character you want. The general 5* library is included in these banners as well.

4. The thing that KOF also has over FGO is that you get Fighter Selector Tickets to just pick what character you want after dumping enough in-game currency into whatever banner you're summoning. So, unlike FGO where if you're truly unlucky you could never get the unit you want, in KOF you are guaranteed to get the unit you want after a certain amount of pulling. Sadly, the amount is a lot depending on what banner. 30 x10 pulls at 900 rubies per pull (27,000 rubies total) for general banner and FES banner, and 10 x10 pulls at 900 per pull for special banners like the the Starving Wolves one (9000 rubies total). The Step up banner has you only summon 6 times before you can just pick what character you want, with 2/3rds of the pulls being half off (4,000 rubies total).

5. Unlike FGO though, you need to do a separate banner to complete your character by getting their super move battle card. For FES characters, it's a 10% total chance to get a 5* battle card (special, set, or option), but with a 0.9% chance to get what you want. Special banners like the Starving Wolves one gives you 10% at a 5* battle card, but only 0.6% at what you want. Step up lets you pick your special card after 3 pulls (2000 rubies). Both FES and special banners let you pick your battle card after 15 x10 pulls at 600 rubies a pull (9,000 rubies). The normal battle card banner lets you pick what you want after 30 x10 pulls at 600 rubies per pull (18,000 rubies).

TL;DR: KOF has the worse percentage to get what you want if you're only going after FES characters. If you are just going for a 5* or do the normal, special, or STEP UP banners, the percentages to get what you want are WAY better than FGO. KOF also give you a guaranteed chance to get what you want after a certain amount of pulling due to the selector tickets. Unlike FGO, you do need to do a separate banner to "complete" your character via special cards, but it has better percentages than the character banners, and STEP UP banners include said special cards.

Ultimately, both are worse than Fire Emblem Heroes in terms of generosity, but screw that game. Only gacha I willingly dropped due to how the PVP and meta works.
FEH having natures really soured me on continuing that game.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
But I want the shiny new Fes zero!/s

The one prop I'll give kof is that seasonal event rates are much than anything else in the game. 0.75% for a 5* halloween kula? Who wouldn't pull for that.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FEH having natures really soured me on continuing that game.
They made an update where they at least get rid of the banes of the natures if you +1 one of the character (aka get at least two copies of the same character then fuse them).

Sadly, the whole Aether Raids PvP meta and how IntSys would introduce a bunch of absolutely broken characters that the meta revolved around, then release broken units to counter said meta, then rinse and repeat the whole process made me rage quit. Nothing says fun like running to a +10 Brave Alm with 60 freaking speed.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
It always good to look at gacha systems and microtransactions for what they are. Get addicted and you are gonna lose money and have a bad time.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not just that. I had to hit pity to get Kula's special card. And on my way there I got only ONE special card. Yashiro's and even then, i might be misrememering and I got it from somehwere else.

I swear desire sensor is a thing. I had to get Kula and her card both via selector tickets. Game loved giving me Mature and her card though.

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know where the best place to grind buffs for ep0 of Epic quest?

Honestly, it seems like the best way to grind buffs for the Epic Quest is to:

1: Do the daily quests.

2: Buy the buffs offered in the secret shop(they sell for 10 rubies, and the secret shop has new stock every four hours)

3: Use a team of the bonus-granting heroes in each Epic Quest chapter, and grind that chapter's final mission, over and over and over(doing this won't guarantee consistent amount of rewards. You may get some ATK buff in one go, and nothing but a Mary/Rugal/Chizuru chapter buff in another)

It's taken me a few weeks to get my ATK level in Epic Quest to be at Level 25, and I'm still not able to breeze through the Kagura chapter at that amount of ATK buff. It's going to take a lot more grinding.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018

2: Buy the buffs offered in the secret shop(they sell for 10 rubies, and the secret shop has new stock every four hours)

3: Use a team of the bonus-granting heroes in each Epic Quest chapter, and grind that chapter's final mission, over and over and over(doing this won't guarantee consistent amount of rewards. You may get some ATK buff in one go, and nothing but a Mary/Rugal/Chizuru chapter buff in another)

It's taken me a few weeks to get my ATK level in Epic Quest to be at Level 25, and I'm still not able to breeze through the Kagura chapter at that amount of ATK buff. It's going to take a lot more grinding.

Thanks for the write up.

I wasn't sure about buying the buffs from the shop either, but I guess 20 rubies for 200 isnt too bad.
I've got the characters for the bonuses except Terry, Mai, and Mary. I don't think I'll be pulling on their banner anytime soon.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The only thing I would switch is do Chapter 11 instead of the final mission. You get roughly the same amount of rewards, but it usually goes faster and have a better chance at surviving since you don't have to deal with the final bosses' gimmicky bullshit.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
The only thing I would switch is do Chapter 11 instead of the final mission. You get roughly the same amount of rewards, but it usually goes faster and have a better chance at surviving since you don't have to deal with the final bosses' gimmicky bullshit.

Yeah, I've started doing chapter 11 instead, can't auto the Wraith fight due to it's gimmick, and it takes way too long

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Doing the red element festival with Vice...how in the heck am I suppose to beat the element advent dungeon with three red fighters? I can make it to the Sentai bros but they destroy me, the type disadvantage is too much

Oct 26, 2017
Doing the red element festival with Vice...how in the heck am I suppose to beat the element advent dungeon with three red fighters? I can make it to the Sentai bros but they destroy me, the type disadvantage is too much

Get them all high level, or at least have one level 80 red hero and just beat it twice on hard. Once you learn the patterns of Sentai Ralf and Clark, they become really easy to handle.

Barring that, wait until their event ends and the next element advent dungeon begins, because it won't be a disadvantageous element for your red fighters.

Oct 26, 2017
Just staring thus
Question
Is k' in this

He is, but he's not available right now, I don't think. He was offered in something called the "Step Up", where two Ultra Rare characters are offered in a gacha with a higher drop rate than usual + a guaranteed selector ticket if you don't get them within six pulls.

Unfortunately, the Step Up with K' dash was last month, and now he won't be available in the regular gacha pool until later.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
He is, but he's not available right now, I don't think. He was offered in something called the "Step Up", where two Ultra Rare characters are offered in a gacha with a higher drop rate than usual + a guaranteed selector ticket if you don't get them within six pulls.

Unfortunately, the Step Up with K' dash was last month, and now he won't be available in the regular gacha pool until later.
Damn that's my boy

I guess I'll wait, games fun

somato

Oct 25, 2017

This was a real pain, but you can cheese it. Hit the one you're fighting with a normal attack combo and then stop once it finishes, he should roll to the other side of you where you can hit him again with a normal combo... and he'll roll the other way. Just keep throwing out normal combos as soon as he's done rolling and eventually you'll defeat them. They won't do the super move unless you take too long to start a combo. Save your specials for that so you can break the super armor and resume your normal combos.

Note: It takes forever... IIRC it took me around 6-8 minutes per fight, but it got the job done.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Get them all high level, or at least have one level 80 red hero and just beat it twice on hard. Once you learn the patterns of Sentai Ralf and Clark, they become really easy to handle.

Barring that, wait until their event ends and the next element advent dungeon begins, because it won't be a disadvantageous element for your red fighters.
This was a real pain, but you can cheese it. Hit the one you're fighting with a normal attack combo and then stop once it finishes, he should roll to the other side of you where you can hit him again with a normal combo... and he'll roll the other way. Just keep throwing out normal combos as soon as he's done rolling and eventually you'll defeat them. They won't do the super move unless you take too long to start a combo. Save your specials for that so you can break the super armor and resume your normal combos.

Note: It takes forever... IIRC it took me around 6-8 minutes per fight, but it got the job done.
I was able to cheese it and got it done. Thanks guys!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mecha Goenitz down!

He was actually way easier to handle than the Orochi Leona and Orochi Shermie bosses that were right before him.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Mecha Goenitz down!

He was actually way easier to handle than the Orochi Leona and Orochi Shermie bosses that were right before him.
Out of interest how levelled up are your attack etc. stats for the chapters at that point? I've been on and off doing the daily missions to slowly increase the stats and have just started Chizuru's chapter, just wonder how much grinding I should be doing to beat the later bosses.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Out of interest how levelled up are your attack etc. stats for the chapters at that point? I've been on and off doing the daily missions to slowly increase the stats and have just started Chizuru's chapter, just wonder how much grinding I should be doing to beat the later bosses.
I'm pretty much always grinding on various stages.

I beat Mecha Goenitz and can grind Chiziru chapter 11 on auto consistently at level 26 Atk, HP, and Def buffs. You can still die SUPER quickly on Goenitz stages via the bosses with my buff levels though. Luckily most of Goenitz strategy is easy to either cheese or dodge, but same can't be said about the character bosses that love to break out of combos, and when it comes to Orochi Shermie and Orochi Leona and their bullshit projectile moves.